Falling for the Unexpected

By Chelsea_Frye

Living on the tenth floor of the Plaza, designing shoes for the best company, and dating her high school swee... More

Prologue ✔
Chapter One: A Daily Adult Life ✔️
Chapter Two: The Arrival of the New Boss ✔️
Chapter Three: The Interview ✔️
Chapter Four: Hiding in Black and Bushes ✔️
Chapter Five: The Proposal ✔
Chapter Six: The Ordeal of a Personal Assistant ✔️
Chapter Seven: An Introduction ✔️
Chapter Eight: The Girl in the Pictures
Chapter Nine: The Ultimate Surprise
Chapter Ten: The Closer, The Better
Chapter Eleven: Heart Breaks & Betrayal
Chapter Twelve: The Comfort of Prince Charming
Chapter Thirteen: It's a Working Process
Chapter Fourteen: The Preparation
Chapter Fifteen: The Fashion Show
Chapter Sixteen: Forgive & Forget
Chapter Seventeen: An Existence without You
Chapter Nineteen: One Last Chance
Chapter Twenty: Truth be Told
Chapter Twenty One: The Departure
Epilogue
Author's Note

Chapter Eighteen: Here comes the Bride

8.5K 295 22
By Chelsea_Frye

Here comes the Bride

This is it. Jessica's big day!

A mirror stood in front of Audrey. She stared at herself for hours, applying on the right amount of makeup. Her hair was neatly braided into a bun and she left one strand of hair to the side bouncy with curls.

After fixing herself for hours, she left to go to the small chapel where Jessica and Ethan held their wedding. The small chapel had sentimental value to Audrey and Jessica's childhood. When they're in need of help, they come to the chapel on their bended knees, praying to God.

As the taxi pulled over, Audrey quickly got in and hurried to the chapel. She felt so happy for Jessica. Today was day full of wedding vows and commitment. She wondered when she would walk down that aisle, hand and hand with her father. She imagined walking towards the alter where Jacob stood in front.

"If we could ever happen," Audrey sighed and took a deep breath.

Few minutes later, she arrived to the chapel.
A line of bridesmaid and groomsmen stood in front of the chapel. Audrey and the other bridesmaid wore the same dress. They all wore a powder blue a-line, one shoulder surplice bodice gathered chiffon skirt knee length bridesmaid dress. The dress really complemented her eyes. Audrey accentuated her style with a pearl bracelet and earrings dangling from her ear. All the groomsmen looked sharp in their tuxedos and powdered blue polo and bow tie.

Each bridesmaid and groomsmen were assigned a partner to walk with and to dance with in the reception party. Jessica partnered Audrey up with her old high school crush, Oliver Lucas. Oliver was a chick magnet along with Ethan back in the old days. They were like two peas in a pod. They were inseparable.

Oliver was giving Audrey the looks and showed off his killer smile that once got Audrey to her knees.

"Audrey, is that you?" Oliver asked in astonishment. "You look smoking hawt!"

"Thank you Oliver for that complement," Audrey replied. "But I remember you ditching me on prom night with Allysa Simons."

"Well, that was before you had braces. Now you're just really―really hot― with like flames around you."

"I'm like the ugly duckling everyone use to ignore and hate because of my looks until I transformed into the beautiful white swan."

"What?" Oliver asked dumbfounded.

"I just got a new exterior," Audrey reassured Oliver.

"What?" Oliver asked again with a chuckle.

"You still are the same Oliver. It's still empty up there," Audrey said and pointed to his head.

Everyone got to their position, hand and hand with their partners. All the guest have arrived and took their seats. In any minute, Jessica could be arriving in one of those vintage cars. Ethan looked prepossessing in his all white suit, shaking with nervousness.

In the middle of the aisle, blue and white flower pedals were scattered around the white carpet, they were to walk on. The long church benches were decorated with white cloth draping from each side of the benches. A blue tulle wedding bow hung on each bench. The alter was decorated with blossoming, flourishing red and white roses. A beautiful flower arch stood by the entrance of the alter and the main entrance with silk made streamers hanging down the arch.

Ethan's family sat on the right side and Jessica's family sat on the left side. Everyone stood from their seat. They began the ceremony with Ethan's mother and father walking down the aisle and same goes with Jessica's mother. Then came Ethan shaking in nervousness. His best man entered by the side doors. Before having the bridesmaid and groomsmen come in, they had the junior bridesmaid escorted by the junior groomsmen walk down the aisle first.

When it was Audrey and Oliver's turn to walk down the aisle, they had their arms link. As she walked down, her imaginations were running wild. She imagined she was the bride walking in and Oliver was her father. Jacob was standing in the front of the alter, smiling back at her. As they got closer to the alter, Jacob's image was slowly fading away and reshaping to Ethan. Audrey and Oliver parted their ways and headed to their seat.

After having the ring bearers and flower girls scatter flower pedals around, it was the moment everyone was waiting for. The song began to play. Jessica came in with her
tulle and lace sweetheart neckline wedding dress and a white veil was covering her face. She was escorted with her jovial father who had his beer belly popping out.

The priest cleared his throat and said, "We are gathered together on this beautiful afternoon to share with Jessica and Ethan as they exchange vows of their everlasting love."

"As Jessica and Ethan take their vows today, we are privileged to witness the joyous love of a new family -- a family that will be nourished and nurtured through the devotion of two separate individuals growing together through the common bonds of love.
May their marriage bring them the peace, joy, comfort and contentment that is known in the hearts of all God's children. And may Ethan and Jessica both look forward to each new season of their marriage --- just as the world looks forward to each new season of the year. For all seasons bring with them their own special moments and memories.
An essential requirement of a good marriage is a strong bond of real friendship and trust. Jessica and Ethan, your love for each other will grow deeper with every passing day, but it's important to remember that your love stands on a foundation of genuine, mutual affection and respect for each other. To truly LOVE another person is to be willing to accept both their strong points, and their weak points, with equal measures of understanding and respect."

"The vows you are about to exchange, will serve as a verbal representation of the non-verbal emotions that are as real as any thing that can be seen, heard or touched.
For it is not the words that you will speak today that will bond you together as one --- but the strength of the love and commitment found deep within your souls."

At this time, Ethan and Jessica, were face to face, holding each other's hand.

"Ethan, do you take Jessica to be your wife, your partner in life and your one true love? Will you cherish her friendship and love her today, tomorrow and forever? Will you trust and honor her, laugh with her and cry with her? Will you be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?" The priest asked and turned to Ethan.

Ethan smiled at Jessica and nodded his head. "I do," he responded loud and clear.

"Jessica, do you take Ethan to be your husband, your partner in life and your one true love? Will you cherish his friendship and love him today, tomorrow and forever? Will you trust and honor him, laugh with him and cry with him? Will you be faithful through good times and bad, in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live?" the priest asked now turning to Jessica.

Sniffles and tears were heard across the room as the ceremony continued.

Jessica took a quick glance towards Audrey and gave her smile, mouthing the words, "Thank you." She kept the crowd in suspense.

Audrey smiled back and nodded.

Jessica faced Ethan and began to shed a tear. "I do," she said clear and strong.

"You may now kiss the bride."

Ethan slid Jessica's veil to the back and leaned closer to kiss her. The crowd was full of tears and cheers. Audrey was wiping her tears with the handkerchief Jacob had given her. It took a while for the two to broke apart.

***

The reception party took place in the local cafe with an enormous ballroom. They held the venue in their and reserved the ballroom for five hours with an everlasting buffet table. Ten enormous, round tables were set around the ballroom covered with white sheets arrange with ten chairs. A beautiful vase of red roses sat on the centerpiece of the tables.

They started it off with a dance between the bridesmaid and groomsmen. Oliver held tightly to Audrey's waist and hand. They swayed from left to right to the entire song. It didn't feel so special to Audrey because it wasn't Jacob she was dancing with. When the song was over, she immediately let go of Oliver's hand.

Jessica and Ethan were seated in the utmost center of the room, sitting so sweet next to each other. The people were requesting a kiss from Jessica and Ethan, while toasting to a drink.

"Kiss, kiss, kiss!" everybody chanted.

Jessica and Ethan pulled in with a quick but passionate kiss. Everyone was cheering. "Woohoo!"

Ethan pulled the microphone and said his speech while he held a glass of wine in the other hand. "Jessica, your love is a butterfly. It makes me fly free into the sky. Every night I spend with you is like a sea of blankets. I promise to love you and offer you my entire heart. I will cherish each and every moment I spend with you. And I promise to always be by your side through thick and thin. I love you Jessica," Ethan vowed. "To Jessica!"

This made Jessica tear a little bit and people were requesting for her speech. "Ethan, I love you to the moon and back. I promise to take care of your fragile heart because trust is like glass, you can't never put the pieces back together. I vowed to always support you in everything you do. I will be faithful to you and I will always love you." They pulled in for a quick kiss.

The crowd was once again full of applauds and cheers. "Here's to Mister and Misses Hooks! Cheers!"

Everyone repeated, "Cheers!" Everyone took a sip from their glass cup.

After toasting to the new bride and groom, Jessica and Ethan stood from their seat and headed to the dance floor. Everyone immediately took their dancing partners and danced the night away. Audrey was left alone in her table, sipping her apple juice with a fat, black straw.

Jessica noticed her friend's loneliness and decided to comfort her. "Audrey!" she said and patted her on the back. "Why aren't you dancing?"

Audrey let go of her tight grasp of the straw and looked up at Jessica. "Oh. I'm just really tired."

"You are?" Jessica said disappointed. "Well, I just hope you have enough energy to entertain a guest."

"Who's this guest?" Audrey asked with twinkles in her eyes.

Jessica pointed towards to the doorway. A tall, average built man stood in front with his dark, brown hair and thick eyebrows. His warm smile and dazzling eyes mesmerized the heart and soul of all the women in the room. He was walking, hand and hand with a tall beautiful woman. They looked so perfect together.

"Jacob and Alexis," Audrey barely said in a whispered.

Alexis separated from Jacob and handed a neatly wrapped gift to Ethan.

"Can you do that for me?" Jessica asked and left to entertain Alexis.

Audrey was left speechless. She had missed him so much. She was left with mixed feelings and emotions. Was she angry or delighted to see him again? She didn't know how to react with Jacob's presence. All she knew was that her heart started to beat faster than a cheetah as Jacob came nearer.

"Jacob, Audrey," they both said simultaneously.

They kept quiet for a while until Audrey decided to open up a conversation. "How you doing?"

"Oh. I'm doing really good," Jacob responded "How about you?"

"Fine as well," she replied, forming a small smile.

"Awkward," someone yelled from the crowd.

That's caused Audrey and Jacob to look at the person and stared into each other's eye. As soon as their eyes met, Audrey looked away.

"Audrey, I'm happy that you and Jessica made up," Jacob said awkwardly.

"Thank you. I appreciate your comfort and care. Thank you again."

"You did the same thing with me."

Then Alexis came in walking closer to Jacob. She wore a humble smile and hurried her way to Audrey.

"Audrey!" she squeaked and give her a tight squeeze.

Audrey had no choice to hug her back.

"How are you?" Alexis asked.

"I'm really great," Audrey responded.

"That's good!" Alexis said. "Oh Audrey, I have something to give you." She grabbed her purse and rummaged through her purse. Se handed her an envelope with beautiful calligraphy.

Audrey was curious to know what was inside and unsealed the envelope. She hoped it wasn't any wedding invitation or any sort of baby shower. When she read it, she died inside.

_______________________

•Jacob Harris
& Alexis Birmingham•
Are Engaged!

Join us for an Engagement Party in their Honor.

When: July 5, 2014 @ the evening
Where: Venue will be held @ The Hampton Inns Hotel, Grand Ballroom.

Thank You! Your Presence is welcomely advised.

________________________

Audrey was left speechless and she held in her tears. "You're engaged," she said solemnly. She took a quick glance at Jacob.

"Yes. Isn't it exciting!" Alexis bragged.

"It's fantastic! I'm really happy for you two."

Jacob cleared his throat and said, "We're expecting you to be there in our engagement party."

That killed Jacob.

"Yes, I'll be there," Audrey replied. "Of course!"

"Great!" Alexis squeaked.

"Excuse me. I have to go to the restroom," Audrey said and left to go to the restroom.

Inside, she literally died with her emotions. She didn't know whether to cry or not care at all, but she knew that was coming. Her heart was ripped apart and cracked in pieces. It felt as if a bear had just mauled her to death. She thought that Jacob couldn't possibly be in love with just a regular girl like Audrey. Pretty people like them belonged to each other.

She locked herself in the restroom stall while she bleed her eyes out. She took her clutch bag and reached for the diamond necklace. She gave it a tight squeeze and held it close to her heart.

Jacob was also dying inside. He wanted to marry Audrey not Alexis. He wanted to hug her tight when he saw her. Her voice sounded like angels from above. He wanted to tell her so bad but something was preventing him to do so. He wanted to tell her that he loved her.

Every moment they spent with each other was priceless. Nothing could ever replace the memories. Every kiss they've shared still fresh and brand new. Not even Alexis could replace that.

When Audrey returned, she found Alexis and Jacob slow dancing at the dance floor. They held each other so tight in their arms. Audrey sat in her seat and drown herself with apple juice.

Oliver approached her and held his hand out for Audrey. "Would you like to dance?" he asked as he kneeled down.

Audrey had no choice. She didn't want to look so depress in her best friend's wedding. "Why not? Sure." she responded and took his hand.

She slow danced with Oliver near Jacob and Alexis. While dancing with Oliver, she kept her distance near and stared at them. All she can do was stared at couples. They look so sweet together.

"But why is our love so blind?" she asked herself.

____________________

A/N 📑

Whew! Jacob and Alexis are engaged! Will they ever get to confess their love for each other or will it be too late? What will happen next? Find out on ch. 19.

Hey guys! I'd like to source my reference.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20070406151903AAON4Td

It helped me a lot with what the priest had to say. So yeah thanks to that website. I think it's best to give it credit.

So I hoped you like this chapter. Audrey must be hurt. Alexis and Jacob are engaged. I hope it's not too late. There is still time to confess your love for one another. I hope they do.

So guys, I have two more chapters to write till the finale of "Falling for the Unexpected" till the epilogue. You don't want to miss the drama.

& I F Ü L I K E 👇👇👇
-Like/ Vote
-Comment/ Review
-Follow Me :) If you would like.

I'll appreciate it!

•Thanks 4 Reading & Stay Tune!•

With Love,
A.L.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17K 1.1K 39
Trinity Rosales has one goal in mind: find a job, not a man. As a new grad, Trinity Rosales sets out on applying to jobs and surprisingly gets hired...
207K 5.2K 35
Hailey Baxter signed a marriage contract with Xavier Anderson, billionaire of Anderson Inc, as she needed money to pay for her mother's hospital bill...
971K 32.2K 25
COMPLETED Cole Haynes is one of the most successful businessman in L.A. His job is very important to him and he tries really hard to separate busines...
273K 7.6K 26
*NEW BOOK! * BONUS CHAPTERS OUT NOW! They say he's hotter than sin, colder than ice. The CEO of a Fortune 500 company. Built from the ground up. He...