Dog Days (EXO Fanfic)

By KimchiiDesu

The cute and loving Xiumin we all know is actually a fake. He is actually a rude and incompetent man, EXO mem... More

Dog days (EXO Fanfic)
Chapter 1 : I'm a dog?!
Chapter 2 : Moving to Seoul
Chapter 3 : Painful Truth!
Chapter 4 : Small World
Chapter 5 : Tea Time
Chapter 6 : A Wish
Chapter 7 : Cappuccino
Chapter 8 : Bittersweet Deal
Chapter 10 : Hectic Delivery
Chapter 11 : Luhan's Warning
Chapter 12 : Photo Album
Chapter 13 : The Accident
Chapter 14 : Mental Breakdown
Chapter 15 : Lost and Found
Chapter 16 : Game On!
Chapter 17 : Two Choices
Chapter 18 : Old Document
Chapter 19 : Luhan's Advise
Chapter 20 : Truth Is Out

Chapter 9 : One Step Closer

8.6K 463 64
By KimchiiDesu

"L-Luhan.. Are you sure about this? I-I don't think I'm ready to meet Xiumin oppa's parents yet. I-I mean I haven't even met Xiumin myself. I--" "Oh relax, Haneul-ah! Besides, I already drove both of us here. It'll be a shame if we came here for nothing. Think of it as, meeting your in-laws." He contently laughs.

I pinch his arm, blushing furiously. "A-Anyway! Can you kindly tell me what's up, huh? Bringing me here all of a sudden.." He swiftly parks his car by the side, keenly watching out for the sharp rocks by the sides. "You don't have to know the little details, Haneul-ah. But there's just one thing I want you to know." 

I let out a defeated sigh, "And what is that, Luhan?" He smirks, cutting off the engine of the vehicle. "Don't.. tell them that I've been keeping contact with Xiumin, alright?" I cock my head to the side, unlocking myself from the seatbelt. "Huh? Then that means they don't know about you having contact with Xiumin?"

Soon we exit his car, breathing in the fresh air of the countryside. "Sorta. And for your curious information, I'm doing this for everyone's sake. So if you really love Xiumin oppa, then promise me that you'll keep it hidden, alright?" 

My eyebrows furrrow as I think of my answer, but seeing as if Luhan knows best about the situation. I'm sure I could trust him well enough as to agree to his words. I nod firmly, "A-Alright then. I trust you." 

Luhan. What the hell are you planning now! You know very well I hate visiting my parents.. (Yeah, I know. But that's not the case right now, I want you to know.. how they're doing now.) Xiumin kept quiet, following from behind them as they walk up the quaint front steps of the average house that stood in front of them.

Luhan rings the doorbell, after a few seconds, the door opens to reveal a man around his fifties, hair swept back smartly. "Oh, Luhan. What brings you here?" The man fixes his stare at me, I tilt my head down for a bow. "And who is this girl with you? Your girlfriend?" 

Luhan shakes his head, grinning. "EXO-M will be staying here for three weeks. I thought I'd check up on the both of you. And no, Mr. Kim. She's, let's say, an important friend of mine." M-Mr. Kim? Then that means.. He's Xiumin's Father! I tilt my head down for an even longer bow, "H-Hello! It's nice to meet you, Mr. Kim. M-My name is Haneul." 

I peek at his expression, he slightly makes a small smile under those invisible wrinkles. "It's nice to meet you too, Haneul." Mr. Kim glances back at Luhan, "Come on in. I'm sure it was very troublesome of you two to have come all the way here from Seoul."

Luhan then points down, "Then is Haneul's dog allowed to enter? He's very well-tamed and is very clean." Mr. Kim flicks his attention down to Haru, exchanging blank looks at one another. "He does seem rather behave.. Alright, he could come in as well." The three of them enter the cozy house, feeling the rich oak scent that the walls give off.

Luhan takes his seat down the couch, patting the available space beside him for me to position myself. Upon taking my seat, a chubby woman around her fifties enters the room with a tray filled with biscuits and tea. She places it down on the coffee table in front. 

"I'm sorry if this is the only snacks I've come to prepare. We're rather busy at the moment you see.." says the woman, genuinely remorseful about her words. Luhan shakes his head, nibbling with a biscuit, "It's more than enough, Mrs. Kim. After all, we are the one's that suddenly came for a visit without informing you. Mianhae." 

She makes a tiny smile, lifting wrinkles on her forehead. "You're very polite as always, Luhan," Her round eyes caught my stare, "And who might this woman be? Your girlfriend?" Luhan blushses, putting a hand at the back of his nape, "Hahaha! You and Mr. Kim do share the same conclusions. Her name is Haneul, she's an important friend of mine."

Mrs. Kim and I share slight tilt of a head-bow. Damn it, Luhan. Can we go home already.. (What are you talking about, Xiumin? You are home. And you should at least feel the least bit sympathetic towards your parents.) Sympathetic towards them? The parents that doesn't even bat an eye at me for the past twenty years? 

(You know that's not what I meant, Xiumin.) Then what do you mean, huh? (Sigh. Why don't you wait and see what happens for now.) As instructed, Xiumin keeps quiet, seated still at the floor with his head unmove anywhere. 

Seconds after, Mr. Kim passes by the living room, heading his way up the staircase. Luhan place down his mug, curiosity glinting in his eyes as he watch Mr. Kim climb up the second floor. "Is there something going on, Mrs. Kim? Mr. Kim looked very serious just now."

Mrs. Kim huffs a silent sigh out her smooth lips, "Yes.. To tell you the truth, we've been too preoccupied with stuff right now." Haneul couldn't help but question more about it, "Uhm, If you don't mind me asking, could it be because of.. Xiu--Minseok?" 

Her hands that trembled suddenly cease as she spoke her son's name out loud, Mrs. Kim bobs her head once, showing grief and sadness all over. "..We've been busy looking for him. Our son, Minseok.." W-What.. M-Me..? thought Xiumin.

I let out an audible gasp, placing a hand on my mouth as I watch her quaver a bit on her seat. I clench tightly onto my skirt, holding back the knowledge of his son away from her ears. Luhan presses his foot beside mine, almost telling me to stay calm and listen, and so I did. "I see.. You and Mr. Kim must been suffering very badly right now.." 

She swipes a few tissue by the box, dabbing the corner of her eyes gently. "As a Mother.. I feel very sad about all the situation happening right now about my son. I-I feel so.. hopeless and guilty.. h-he must be really lonely right now." She finally lets her face fall flat on top of her hands, hiccuping as she whimpers.

I stare at Luhan, shaking his left arm, unable to speak any suspicious words around Mrs. Kim. Luhan reassuringly pats my hand, nodding as if everything was going to be fine. Once again, I find myself trusting Luhan even more. I avert my attention away from Mrs. Kim's sight, horribly feeling guilty for keeping such vital information. 

Sooner or later, Mr. Kim joins us, taking a seat beside his weeping wife, comforting her as he whispers into her ear. The way I see it, both of them share the same feelings, the same expression and likewise the same listless movements. Mr. Kim, however, was still able to obscure his pain by helping up a smile on his face. 

"I apologize for my wife, suddenly crying like this.. she must have been keeping this for a while now. So please, don't worry about it.." He said, apologizing in her place of his wife. Luhan and I both nod silently.

What.. are you trying to get here, Luhan? (Don't you see, Xiumin? Your parents.. they are worried sick about you! They are going to so much extent as to look for your whereabouts! Your Mother surely kept all her tears as not to let your Father give up.. Doing all these for your sake.. Don't you feel the least bit sorry for them!?)

Why.. would I possibly be sorry for them when they were the one's that started all this mess. They are the ones that abandoned me first, it was.. always my older brother who took the shine in the family. He was always the one doted by Mother and Father. And it was almost me who gets remembered last. How can you possibly tell me to feel sorry for them when they didn't even feel sorry for me before! 

There was a moment of pause between the two, only the audible sobs of Mrs. Kim filled the empty space of the living room. "Don't worry, Mrs. Kim. I'm sure.. Minseok is in a safe place right now." says Haneul, disturbing the sobs of Mrs. Kim.

She lifts her head, "H-How can you possibly know that, Haneul-ah?" I tighten the grip on my clothes even more, "Because like you, I am also worried sick. But no matter how much I feel the same feelings all over again.. I keep constant reminder that Minseok is doing alright." I place a hand on my heart.

"Even though I haven't met him personally.. I've always felt a special bond between him ever since he appeared in my Television screen. It surely is..one-sided and hopeless for me. I sometimes ask myself why I have come to like him. And the reason for that is because, Minseok is strong.. He never gives up and is always look forward. That's why Mrs. Kim.. You have to become stronger for Minseok as well."

Mrs. Kim, whom I thought would start another fountain of cry, appears with a faint smile on her face, staring up to her husband who also etch a similar expression. "..You're right, Haneul-ah. Has and always been strong ever since. Now that I think about it.. I feel very very guilty for having treated him less important before.."

I furrow my brows, "Less important? Wha-What do you mean by that?" She clears her throat, crumpling the tissue on her hand. "Way back when Minseok was still a child. I have always paid more attention to his brother, Eunseok. It was only recently that I found out about my behavior towards him before.. How lonely he must have felt. I'm sure that.. he's still mad at me for treating him so badly.."

I smile at their way, "Don't fret, Mrs. Kim. I'll make sure to bring your son back.. Until then, we all must be strong for Minseok's state. I'm sure, as a son, he wouldn't like seeing his parents sad about him. So please smile more often.." The two parents exchange admirable smiles at each other, flicking their attention back to my eyes.

"You are a very optimistic woman, Haneul-ah. I'm sure our Minseok would be really lucky to have you as a wife." says Mr. Kim, smiling as he smirks. Even Mrs. Kim's expression didn't differ from his. Around this time, my cheeks flared hot as they spoke of those unexpected words. I-I don't know what to say. But I'm really happy they said it!

...

Inside Luhan's Car. Evening. 

It was a long quiet trip back to Seoul. Haneul has already tuckered herself out from today's hectic events, and it seems that Xiumin is occupying himself with deep thoughts. I don't understand why they have to do that, Luhan.. 

Luhan eyes Xiumin from the mirror for a brief second, (What don't you understand?) ..I don't understand why'd they regret it just now.. Are they perhaps doing this since I'm rich and famous? or is it because they really do care enough for me. All these.. I don't think I could bring myself to believe any of these theories.. I've been.. thrown away too many times, and it's hard for me to come to trust a person so easily again. 

(You don't have to necessarily forgive them by heart right away, Xiumin. It'll take a bit more time before you come to realize how genuine their feelings of worry are for you. I don't blame you for having such bitter feelings since you're only human to feel those needed emotions right now. But, you should at least know how many people are constantly worrying over you.)

Luhan, can't you tell me now.. Why you've turned me into a dog? (Until you come to realize the most important think you lack, I won't say a word about it. Xiumin, find the strength to change. Only then would you realize things that you've been missing.)

Xiumin cease to talk for a minute or two, imersing himself with his blank thoughts. He turns his head to Luhan, driving as he pays attention to the dark road in front. Then would you help me turn back into a human again? (I will. But I want to know what reason you have to.)

There was another brief silence between them, I don't.. want to see people worry over me anymore.. Especially for Haneul. I think I've deceived her too much than I should. I don't think I could bear it any longer if I continue to do so.. So Luhan, will you help me, please? 

Luhan smirks at himself, (I can tell.. that you're one step closer into becoming one, Xiumin.)

--

A/N : released the unedited (always unedited) chapter! im very sleeepy and have yet to edit out the grammar errors so please excuse my clumsiness. i hope you enjoyed it! thanks for reading~ *^^*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.4K 4K 36
(Y/N) has never been normal, but she wanted to be Her twin brother, D.O, and herself have always had something special. They can see ghosts. D.O lea...
319 57 10
A Blind Date for a New game doesn't sound so Bad.... This is a short Chanbaek story I have written 😋. It's filled with quite the fluff...Hehehe Hop...
58.4K 2.6K 22
You fall in love with the most unexpected person at the most unexpected time.🌻 -fic status; finished💌
17.2K 653 17
A Xiumin x Reader that's completed. If you love Xiumin as much as I do, read this! gomabseubnida ✨ [Xiumin X Reader with Slight Luhan x Reader] Summa...