Wishes On A Falling Star

By Live2sing

Tiffany sang in front of huge crowds, sold out arenas, and wrote music for a living. After long thinking it o... More

Wishes On A Falling Star
Wishes On A Falling Star: Part Two
Wishes On A Falling Star: Part Three
Wishes On A Falling Star: Part Four
Wishes On A Falling Star: Part Five
Wishes On A Falling Star: Part Six
Wishes On A Falling Star: Part Seven
Wishes On A Falling Star: Part Nine
Wishes On A Falling Star: Part Ten
Wishes On A Falling Star: Part Eleven
Whishes On A Falling Star: Part Twelve

Wishes On A Falling Star: Part Eight

446 16 6
By Live2sing

'Are you just ignoring how many people are staring at you right now or do you really not notice?' I head Jesse's voice echo in my head. Dang that was getting annoying. I looked around as all my on lookers turned their eyes to the floor in embarrassment that they had been caught staring.

"Honestly you could have just said that out loud and for your information, I'm very accustomed to people staring at me so, no I didn't notice." He grinned lopsidedly at me. 'it's not as fun' he thought simply. I sighed irritated 'stop that!" I screamed at him in my head.

"Ow, now that was just uncalled for." He joked. I chuckled knowing I had won this battle as we walked toward my dorm. It'd been almost a month since he'd told me he had telepathy and nothing exciting had happened yet. The only thing that had happened is we figured out an ulterior form of communication, as demonstrated a moment ago. It's kind of cool to be able to talk to him during class without getting caught. We don't even have to be sitting next to each other, he could be across the room, and depending on the day even in another room. If I'm not looking at Jesse I don't even notice that he's not moving his lips, the only indication that he wasn't actually speaking is his voice sounds deeper in his head. I like his voice in his head it sounds huskier and sweeter than it does when he's talking. Despite how much I like the sound of his voice it's just not enough for me to want to talk to him silently all the time. Sometimes he slips and lets me hear things I really don't want to hear.

We finally reached my dorm in a comfortable silence and when I had finally closed the door Jesse instantly got an uncomfortable look on his face. "What's up?" I asked curiously wondering what was wrong.

"So, you know how Christmas break is coming up?" he said looking at the floor. I nodded and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "I was wondering if maybe you'd like to come meet my family..." I stared at him with my mouth open was he getting at something? My expression must have said something like horror because he blushed embarrassed thinking I was going to say no. "I mean you don't have to of course I just thought since you said you weren't going home... and I didn't want to leave you here by yourself..." his face was getting redder by the question and I didn't come to his rescue. I was still he shock he'd never blushed before in front of me. "Um... you know what just um forget I asked." I finally snapped out of my state enough to hear what he was saying. His face was burning "Wait no sorry I was just... out of it" I couldn't believe it but his face was still getting redder. "I would love to come with you." I smiled at him trying to make him feel better. "If you don't believe me read my mind." I joked. He cracked a grin on his full lips.

"Really? Cause my mom was happy to hear I'd finally found a quote on quote 'normal' friend." He made air quotes. He stepped closer to me and I looked up into his blue eyes boring into mine. 'Did I ever tell you, you have the most amazing smile' another one of his thoughts slipping into my mind. I ignored it as usual not wanting to embarrass him. What if he actually did mean for me to hear it? What if he liked me back? Gosh what's happening to me? I'm becoming one of those girls who freaks out over nothing and tries to figure out what thing mean when in reality they mean nothing. Jeeze I need some ice cream.

"Do you have anything planned or are we just going to sit here like this all day." He said curiously. We were inches apart and I couldn't do anything about it but dream.

"You should probably tell me about your family." I said quietly as he backed away from me smirking. I blushed he'd heard that he'd seen me imagine kissing him, Jeeze. I'd almost kissed him once but he'd turned me down. It was that day he told me he had telepathy. I'd woke up the next day on the couch alone and freaked out only to see he'd been sitting in the chair across the room all along. He was sleeping peacefully his bare chest moved up and down slightly as he took even breaths. I smiled at him and walked to his bathroom with only one thing on my mind. I had to pee like non-other. I'd edged slowly out of the bathroom not wanting to wake him and I couldn't help but stare as I walked out of the bathroom. Gosh he was amazing. I licked my lips as I stared at his and found myself moving forward, acting on impulse as I always do, I mean what guy wouldn't want to wake up to see *me* kissing him? I sat on his lap, straddling him in the chair and his eyes fluttered slightly but he didn't stir so I assumed he was still asleep. I put my forehead to his and licked my lips nervously, what if he *wasn't* happy to see me. 'What are you doing?' I heard his sweet voice in my head and jumped 10 feet in the air, I wasn't used to it at the point. His eyes fluttered open and I froze caught by his stare. "Hey." He whispered. I closed my eyes feeling his breath on my face.

"Hey." I whispered back. He looked down and I followed his gaze and realized I still only had the big grey shirt on. I blushed scarlet but continued to lean forward.

"Stop." I opened my eyes confused and looked at him questioningly. "You're not ready for that" he whispered." His eyes half closed in expectation.

"What? Not ready for what?" I demanded becoming irrational out of embarrassment.

"Being that close." He said starting lean away. What does that mean? That close we're already close, he's only a millimeter away for goodness sake. "I don't mean like that I mean mentally." I said leaning forward again he put his hands on my waist and pulled himself up. I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck. He gently put me on the couch but not before stating he was going to take a shower. He left the room and I was left with the embarrassment to eat me alive. I'd never been turned down before then.

I've been dropping hints since then but I've just kind of given up, I found the one guy that doesn't like me. I just doesn't make sense why doesn't he like me? I watched him talk about his family only vaguely listening and nodding when necessary. Then a horrible thought occurred to me, what if his family doesn't like me? This awful question rang in my head all week until it was finally Friday, the day I went from super excited for to dreading in no time flat.

"Knock knock you're wonderful flight accompaniment is here." Jesse said with a smile as he pushed open my dorm door. I was nervously shoving my last few clothes into a suit case. He seemed to notice the tension in my thoughts as I repeated my packing list over and over in my head. "What's wrong?" he asked his smile faltering

"Nothing, I'm just thinking." I said quietly forgetting for a second that this excuse wouldn't fly with him.

"Yeah your packing list really interesting." His voice coated with sarcasm "Seriously what's bugging you?"

I sighed irritated "Nothing!"

"Liar." He was being blunt and I was caught.

"What if your family doesn't like me? I mean you don't even like me as more than a friend for heavens sake" I said throwing down the shirt I was currently holding. I plopped down on my bed and his eye brows furrowed in confusion. Could he honestly not tell I liked him? 'What do you mean?' he asked me silently in my head. "You don't like me!" I screamed at him wishing he would just talk to me. "Why are you doing this to me? You pretend you like me and lead me on and then you just..." I couldn't think of a way to finish the sentence, frustrated. 'You think I don't like you?' He shoved his voice in my head. I just nodded almost in tears looking at the floor.

"Well you're wrong." He whispered out loud. I almost got whiplash from looking up at him so fast. 'Did you just say you like me... as more than a friend?' I thought at him hoping he would hear. "Yeah I guess I did." He said sliding down on the bed next to me. "I like you a lot." He said bushing away the one tear that slipped down my face.

"Then why do you always act like you don't?" I asked through my sniffles.

"Because I figured you'd want someone in your life who didn't fall all over you, and check you out every time you weren't looking, and hit on you at breakfast, you know someone you could count on." He said quietly. Suddenly it was clear to me that he did actually like me. "I don't have the advantage of telling you to read my mind to find out if I'm lying or not so you're just going to have to trust me on this one." He gushed, actually pleading for me to trust him.

"I- I believe you..." He smiled 'Good' he told me in his sweet-husky voice. 'My family will love you too.' He continued 'and if they don't, don't worry about it. They don't like many people.' He kissed me on the forehead softly and pulled me into his arms restricting me from touching my forehead where his lips had just been.

"I think it's time we get going." He whispered out loud. I zipped up my suitcase and he offered to carry it for me which I gladly accepted. We step out of the door into the chilly winter mountain air, where there was a limo waiting for us. I stopped in surprise. "What?" he questioned.

"I just didn't expect... I would've been fine in a regular old car." I told him.

"I know but I called your..." he seemed to be struggling for a word to use "Donna, I called her and told her where we were going and she insisted on paying for the flight and our ride." He said sheepishly. Good old Donna, always bursting with class, and that is why I keep her around. I spent most of the ride there with my head in his lap and his arm draped around my side. Somewhere during the ride I fell asleep. He shook me awake when we finally got to the airport when I realized I had no idea where his parents lived. "We're going to Maine, I live in Portland." He said quietly as we head in the airport. Maine was the one place I didn't visit on my last tour, a new place. "You've never been?" he asked curiously listening to my thoughts.

"Actually... No." I said surprising him.

"Well I'm glad I could be with you on your first trip to Maine." He said shaking my hand like it was some big business deal. I grinned at him and elbowed him. He surprised me by pulling me into a hug in front of everyone, burying his nose in my hair. For the first time I noticed just how many people were staring at us. I even noticed a few people taking pictures of our little exchange and pulled away from him as fast as I could manage suddenly feeling exposed. I forgot what it was like to go out in public. "What? What's wrong?" he asked concerning filling his voice.

"There are people watching us." I whispered hoping no one would hear. I could hear him scoff in my head, moving our conversation to a move private place. 'So what?' he asked. 'Do you know how many places a picture could end up or how it could be manipulated so it seems like something it's not?' I practically screamed at him.

"Try not to think about it." He whispered out loud. He grabbed my hand and gave it a soft squeeze. I did my best to ignore the gawks and all the questions I got until the plane came. I had admires hounding me everywhere I turned, even the restroom. Finally we boarded the sanctuary of the plane, sitting first class of course. As soon as we boarded the plane I tried to fall asleep, I've never been big on plane rides. I successfully drifted asleep before takeoff. I don't remember any part of the plane ride except for the moment Jesse shook me awake, but we were already on the ground at that point. "We're here." he whispered in my ear as I stretched all my bones, feeling them pop back into place. We crawled off the plane and into another waiting limo. Ahh bless you Donna! I immediately spread out and laid my head in Jesse's lap and just stared up at him. I could have sat there forever just staring at him but we arrived at his house making forever impossible. I felt butterfly tickle the sides of my stomach as I began to think about his waiting family. I sure hope I was what they expected. 'You ready?' I heard his voice in my head. I nodded although I was unsure. He reached for the limo door and pushed it open and I couldn't believe my eyes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Wow so what do you think? Good bad? Okay? So who is ready for schoooool!!! I actually am... well to see my friends that is :) I don't know where any of my classes are and I don't know anybody in any of my classes! Ah!!! I'm going to die alone! Well vote, fan, like and comment comment comment comment!! :D Thank you!!!

Oh and by the way i'm really sorry about errors! i'll go throught and edit this tomorrow but i am just dead exausted! I started walking again to today! I'm walking- well more like limping severly but you get the point you should be proud! :D Lol Thanks for reading! Don't forget to comment! comment comment comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

418 9 6
Ryder Lay. A girl who has always been 'one of the guys'. She's the only girl on her high school varsity football team and her friends are her teammat...
979 129 34
E.L. feels like she's terrible at everything. Even though her grades are above average, she just doesn't feel the passion, the drive that others have...
670 76 21
[COMPLETED] After moving to a new town and starting senior year at a new school, all Juliet wants is to finish high school as fast as she can and go...
2M 58.3K 77
Emma's life takes an exciting turn when she moves back to her hometown. Certain circumstances cause her to run into the schools most notorious footba...