Worlds Colliding (Supernatura...

By katherinep97

Catty Winchester sold her soul for her siblings Scarlett, Sam and Dean. She has a year left to live, and she'... More

Characters
Chapter 1 - The Magnificent Seven
Chapter 2 - The Kids Are Alright
Chapter 3 - Bad Day at Black Rock
Chapter 4 - Sin City
Chapter 5 - Bedtime Stories
Chapter 6 - Red Sky at Morning
Chapter 7 - Fresh Blood
Chapter 8 - A Very Supernatural Christmas
Chapter 9 - Malleus Maleficarum
Chapter 10 - Dream a Little Dream of Me
Chapter 11 - Mystery Spot
Chapter 12 - Jus in Bello
Chapter 13 - Ghostfacers
Chapter 14 - Long-Distance Call
Chapter 16 - No Rest for the Wicked

Chapter 15 - Time is on My Side

199 15 0
By katherinep97

Outfits in the external link

https://urstyle.fashion/collections/31535

From 3.01 - The Magnificent Seven: In the rock club, Catty, Scarlett and Ness were dancing in the crowd, keeping it calm.

Catty looked at them. "Ness, Scar, I've got a year to live. I'd like to make the most of it."

From 3.12 - Jus in Bello: In the police station:

A Demon grabbed Catty from behind, restraining her. Another ran toward her. Catty kicked the one in front of her in the face, making him fall to the floor, taking her shotgun, ramming it into the one who was restraining her's gut, making him let go, turning to face him, hitting him in the face with the gun repeatedly, making him fall to the floor.

Two more Demons ran inside. Scarlett shot one in the chest. When the other got close to Scarlett, she hit him in the face with the end of her shotgun, spinning her gun around to shoot him in the head, making him fall. Three more Demons ran inside. Scarlett shot all three of them in the chests, making them fall, backing away.

A Demon appeared behind Ness, pushing her against the wall, hard enough to break the plaster. Ness used the end of the shotgun to hit him in the face, making him let go and back away, instantly turning the gun to face him, shooting him in the face, making him fall to the floor.

Sam was punched in the face, falling to the floor. He stood, splashing his assailants with Holy Water, making their skin burn, sizzle and smoke, backing away toward the main room.

A Demon ran closer, tackling Ness to the floor, making them roll across the tile. He straddled Ness to the floor, starting to strangle her. He was suddenly shot in the head, falling off of Ness onto the floor next to her. Ness gasped for breath in relief, turning to see Dean with his shotgun raised.

Catty: (voice over from 3.01 - The Magnificent Seven) "So what do you say we kill some evil sons of bitches and we raise a little hell?"

THEN

From 3.12 - Jus in Bello: In the police station, everyone was gathered in the main room.

Ruby looked at Sam and Scarlett. "You didn't tell Catty and Dean?"

"Tell us what?" Catty asked.

From 3.12 - Jus in Bello: In the police station, Lilith stood in front of Henriksen, Nancy and Amici, letting her eyes turn completely white. She raised her hand toward them, making a beautiful, blindingly bright white light fill the entire room.

Ruby: (voice over from 3.12 - Jus in Bello) "There's a big new up-and-comer. Her name is Lilith."

From 3.12 - Jus in Bello: In the police station, everyone was gathered.

Zane looked at Catty and Dean. "She really, really wants Sam and Scarlett's intestines on a stick."

From 3.05 - Bedtime Stories: At the Crossroads, Dean aimed the Colt at Catty's Crossroads Demon.

"Let Catty out of her deal right now," Sam told him.

"I'm just a salesman," the Crossroads Demon told them. "I got a boss like everybody."

"Who holds the contract?" Sam asked.

"I can't tell you," the Crossroads Demon told them.

Dean shot the Crossroads Demon in the head with the Colt, killing him.

From 3.03 - Bad Day at Black Rock: In Bela's Apartment, Ness stepped out of hiding, aiming at gun at Bela.

Bela turned toward her, aiming a gun at Ness.

Ness: (voice over from 3.03 - Bad Day at Black Rock) "Bela Talbot's her real name."

From 3.10 - Dream a Little Dream of Me: In the motel room, Dean, Sam, Scarlett, Catty and Bobby looked toward Ness.

Ness pulled the safe door open for them to see that there was nothing inside. "The Colt." She looked toward the others, slamming the safe closed. "Bela stole the Colt."

From 3.12 - Jus in Bello: In Bela's Hotel Room, Ness was on the phone. "We want it back, Bela."

Bela was driving. "Your little pistol, you mean?" She looked at the Colt on the seat next to her. "Sorry."

"You understand how many people are gonna die if you do this?" Ness asked. "Or do you even care?"

"What exactly is it that you think I plan to do with it?" Bela asked.

"Take the only weapon we have against an army of Demons and sell it to the highest bidder," Ness answered.

Bela smirked barely. "You know nothing about me."

From 3.10 - Dream a Little Dream of Me: In the motel room, Ness walked toward the others. "Pack your crap."

"Why?" Dean asked. "Where are we going?"

"We're gonna go hunt the bitch down," Ness answered.

From 3.10 - Dream a Little Dream of Me: In the Impala, Catty looked at Sam, Scarlett and Dean. "I don't want to go to Hell."

"We'll find a way to save you," Sam told her.

From 3.14 - Long Distance Call: In the motel room, Catty looked at Scarlett, Dean and Sam. "I'm scared, guys. I'm really scared. And the only person that can get me out of this thing is me."

Sam looked at Catty for a moment. "And us."

NOW

§

Erie, Pennsylvania

Day One

Night - Hospital - Parking Lot

Two men walked toward their cars.

"Up for a drink?" Man 1 asked.

"No, I can't," Man 2 answered. "I got to be up at the crack of dawn. Duty calls."

"Boob job?" Man 1 asked.

"I wish," Man 2 told him. "Nah, some crabby old broad wants the works. I need a forklift to get it all back up."

"All that work to have what?" Man 1 asked. "15 minutes off her face?"

"Staying young is a brutal brutal business," Man 2 told him.

Man 1 walked to his car, getting in, driving away.

Man 2 walked to his car.

Someone grabbed Man 2 from behind, throwing the trunk of the car.

Man 2 banged on the trunk. "Hey! Help! Let me out of here! Help!"

§

Hospital

Man 2 stumbled into the hospital, trailing blood on the floor.

The nurse noticed. "Sir?"

"Please," Man 2 told her.

"It's okay, sir," the nurse told him. "Let me see what happened. Don't you worry. There's nothing I haven't seen."

"No, no, no," Man 2 told her.

"Let me see," the nurse told him, pulling at what he was holding to his stomach.

Man 2 screamed in pain.

The nurse started to scream in terror.

§ Worlds Colliding (Supernatural) §

Day Two

Night - Cabin

Sam, Dean, Scarlett and Catty were interrogating a Demon in an abandoned cabin, having him in a Devil's Trap, splashing Holy Water over his face, burning, searing, smoking his skin, making him scream.

"Stop!" the Demon told them.

"You ready to talk?" Dean asked.

The Demon groaned in pain. "I don't know. I don't know anything!"

"Oh, you hear that, guys?" Catty asked sarcastically. "He doesn't know anything."

"Yeah, we heard," Sam told her.

"I'm telling you the truth," the Demon told them.

"Oh, you are?" Catty asked. "My God, then I owe you an apology. Allow me to make it up to you."

Catty took the Demon's chin, forcing him to look up, pouring Holy Water into his mouth, making him drink it painfully, sizzling, burning, smoking his skin, making him scream, letting him go. The Demon spit out what was left of the Holy Water, screaming.

"Who holds the contract?" Dean asked.

The Demon looked up angrily, smirking, his eyes completely, Demon black. "Your mother. Yeah, she, uh, showed it to me right before I bent her over."

The Demon let his eyes return normal, chuckling.

Dean rolled his eyes. "Scar."

Scarlett put her hands to her head in concentration, and though controlling Demons gave her a severe headache, she powered through to try to get the answers they needed. "I'm gonna ask you one last time. Who holds Catty's contract? I want a name."

The Demon's eyes turned black as she had control over him. "I don't know the name. Now that you know for sure I don't know, what are you gonna do? You're gonna squirt your Holy Water in both ends? Please." Catty let him go, standing straight. "Do what you want."

Dean looked at Sam.

Sam looked at the Demon. "Exorcizamus te. Omnis immundus spiritus."

The Demon started to shake, groaning in pain.

Dean circled around him. "How does that feel? Does that feel good?"

The Demon groaned in pain, twisting his neck. "Go ahead. Send me back to Hell." He looked at Catty. "'Cause when you get there, I'll be waiting for you, sweetheart. With a few pals who are dying for a nice little meet and greet with Catty Winchester."

The Demon chuckled evilly.

Catty didn't react, realizing the double meaning behind his words, trying not to show a reaction.

"Should I?" Sam asked.

"Send him someplace he can't hurt anyone else," Catty told him.

Sam continued the exorcism. "Omnis incursio infernalis adversarii, omnis legio..." The Demon groaned in pain. Catty turned her back to them. "Omnis incursio infernalis adversarii omnis legio, omis congregatio." The Demon screamed in pain. "Et secta diabolica."

§

Later

The Demon was long gone by now. Scarlett, Sam and Dean were alone in the room.

Scarlett was sitting on a chair.

Dean handed a beer to Scarlett. "How's your head?"

Scarlett sighed. "Been better."

Scarlett took a drink from the beer.

Sam was on the phone. "You ran the prints twice? Are you sure? Okay. Yeah, just chalk it up to lab error. Don't I know it. Okay. Thanks. Yeah, I'll tell the lieutenant."

Catty walked in. Sam hung up.

Scarlett looked at Catty. "Bury the body?"

Catty sighed, sitting down in the chair. "Yeah. Poor guy. Looks like these Demons ride them hard just for kicks." She sighed, grabbing a beer from the nearby table, opening it, taking a drink. "What was that phone call about?"

"Remember that thing in the paper yesterday?" Sam asked.

"Right, the guy that walks into the ER and kneels over dead," Catty answered. "His stomach's ripped out."

"His liver, actually," Sam told them. "Anyways, I just found out something pretty damn interesting."

"What?" Catty asked, taking a drink.

"The dead body covered in bloody fingerprints, not the victim's," Dean told her.

"Okay, great," Catty told them sarcastically. "Dave Caruso will be stoked to hear it."

"Those fingerprints match a guy who died in 1981," Dean told her.

"Really?" Catty asked. "So, what are we talking? Uh, walking dead? Walking, killing dead?"

"Maybe," Scarlett told her.

"Zombies do like the other other white meat," Dean told them.

Catty took a drink. "Mm. Speaking of, what do you care about Zombies?"

"What do you mean?" Scarlett asked.

"Well, you've all been on soul-saving detail for months now," Catty told them. "And we're three weeks out, and all of a sudden, you're interested in some hot Zombie action?"

"Hey, Cat, you're the one who's been all gung ho to hunt," Sam told her. "We just thought we'd be doing you a favor."

Catty stood. "Hey, no, no, no, no, no. I didn't say I didn't want to do it, okay? I mean, obviously, I want to hunt some Zombies."

"Okay, fine, whatever," Dean told her.

Catty nodded, walking away.

§

Erie, Pennsylvania

Day Three

Morning - Hospital - Morgue

Sam, Dean and Catty were posing as detectives. Scarlett was posing as detective in training.

"Yeah, the rest of the body was intact," the doctor told them. "The liver was the only organ missing."

"Now, where the liver was ripped out, did you happen to notice any teeth marks?" Dean asked.

"Can I see your badges?" the doctor asked.

"Of course, sure," Sam answered.

They showed him their fake badges.

"Fine," the doctor told them. "So you're cops and morons."

"Excuse me?" Scarlett asked. "No, no. We're very smart."

"The liver was not ripped out," the doctor told them, leading the way toward the body. They followed. "It was removed. Surgically." The doctor pulled back the cloth to show them the surgical cut in the dead man's stomach. "By someone who knew their way around a scalpel." They raised their eyebrows. "Didn't you read my report?"

"Of course we did," Catty told him. "Oh, it was riveting. It was a real page-turner, just delightful."

"You done?" the doctor asked.

"I think so," Catty answered.

"Please go away," the doctor told them.

Dean nodded. "Okay."

"Sure," Sam told him.

Sam, Dean, Scarlett and Catty walked away, leaving the room.

§

Hallway

Sam, Dean, Scarlett and Catty into the hall.

Sam, Dean and Scarlett exchanged a look.

"What?" Catty asked.

Scarlett looked at Catty. "Nothing. So, that kind of punches a hole in our Zombie theory, huh, that scalpel thing?"

"Yeah, Zombie with skills," Dean told them. "'Dr. Quinn, Medicine Zombie'."

Dean chuckled.

"Maybe we're on the wrong track, looking for hacked-up corpses," Sam told them.

"What should we be looking for?" Catty asked.

"Survivors," Sam answered. "This isn't Zombie lunch. This is organ theft."

Scarlett nodded sarcastically. "Organ theft. Amazing."

§

Hospital Room

Sam, Dean, Scarlett and Catty were talking to the only survivor they could find, a man, in his hospital room.

"I told the cops all of this yesterday," the man told them. "I don't want to talk about it anymore."

"It's just a couple of questions, sir," Sam told him.

"Hey, man, I just got my kidney stolen," the man told him. "I'm tired."

"We'll be out of here quick," Catty told him. "Don't you want to get the guy?"

"Will it get me back my kidney?" the man asked.

Catty didn't answer.

"Sir, what's the last thing you remember?" Scarlett asked.

"Feeding my meter," the man answered. "Jumped from behind. And then I wake up strapped to a table. And then the worst pain you could possibly imagine, only worse. And then I black out again. Thank God. And then I wake up screaming in some no-tell motel in a bathtub full of ice."

"Do you remember anything about the surgery?" Dean asked. "You know, what the guy looked like, any details about the room?"

"Let me think about that," the man told them. "Yeah. One thing is coming back to me. You know what I remember? Getting my kidney cut of my body!"

Sam, Dean, Scarlett and Catty exchanged a look, sighing.

§

The Erie Motel - Motel Room

Sam, Dean, Scarlett and Catty were sitting at the table, still in their detective outfits, only without their jackets on.

Sam was at the computer. "So, I got a theory."

Dean, Scarlett and Catty were eating cheeseburgers.

"Yeah?" Dean asked.

"Yeah, I talked to Mr. Giggle's doctor," Sam told them. "Turns out his incisions were sewn up with silk."

"That's weird," Scarlett told them.

"Yeah, nowadays it is," Sam told them, turning the laptop to face them. "But silk used to be the suture of choice back in the early 19th Century." Catty went through all of the pictures on the screen. "It was really problematic. Patients would get massive infections. The death rate was insane."

"Good times," Catty told them sarcastically.

"Right, so doctors, they had to do whatever they could to keep infections from spreading," Sam told them. "One way was maggots."

"Dude, we're eating," Scarlett told him in disgust.

Sam went on. "It actually kind of worked because maggots, they bad tissue, and they leave good tissue. And get this. When they found our guy, his body cavity was stuffed full of maggots."

"Dude, we're eating," Catty repeated in annoyance.

"All right, let me get this straight," Dean told them. "So people are getting ganked, right?"

"Yeah," Sam answered.

"A little 'Antiques Roadshow' surgery, some organ theft," Dean told them. "But why does this all sound familiar?"

"Because you heard it before," Sam answered. "When you were a kid... from Dad." He took out John's Journal, flipping it to a page, setting it on the table in front of Dean, Scarlett and Catty for them to see. "Doc Benton. Real-life doctor, lived in New Hampshire." They looked at the symbol for eternal life. "Brilliant and obsessed with Alchemy, especially how to live forever. So, in 1816, Doc abandons his practice and--"

"Right, yeah, nobody hears from him for, like, 20 years, and all of a sudden, people start showing up dead," Scarlett finished.

"Dead or missing an organ or a hand or some other kind of part," Sam agreed.

"'Cause whatever he was doing was actually working," Catty told them. "He just kept on ticking. Parts would wear out, he'd replace them. But I thought Dad hunted him down and took his heart out."

"Yeah, I guess the doc must have plugged in a new one," Sam told them.

"All right, where's he doing the deed?" Dean asked.

Dean, Scarlett and Catty went back to eating.

"According to this, Benton's picky about where he sets up his lab," Sam told them. "He likes dense forest with access to a river or stream or some kind of freshwater."

"Why?" Scarlett asked.

"Because that's where he likes to dump the pile and intestines and fecal matter," Sam answered. Scarlett and Catty looked down in annoyance and disgust. Sam chuckled. "Lost your appetites yet?"

Catty gave Sam a look, knowing he was purposely doing that, tossing the cheeseburger into the trash. Sam laughed. Catty punched Sam in the arm, making him groan in pain.

Scarlett laughed. "You deserved that, dude." She threw her food away. "You're a dick."

Dean looked at his cheeseburger. "Oh, baby, I can't stay mad at you."

Dean continued to eat.

§

Night - Jogging Trail

A man was jogging along the trail, having a heart monitor that was beeping along the way. He reached the docks, breathing heavily, coming to a stop. Someone was watching him from behind the brushes, watching him as he sat down on the steps, stepping further toward him, making a twig snap. The jogger heard this, looking toward the noise. He looked at the heart monitor watch on his wrist with the number 126. He leaned down to relace his tennis shoes, sitting up. A man appeared next to him, covering his mouth and nose with a cloth covered in chloroform, making him fall unconscious.

§

Doc Benton's Cabin - Basement

The jogger woke up shirtless, tied and restrained to an operating table. His heart monitor watch on his wrist had the number 76. The jogger looked around in confused alarm, afraid. His heart monitor watch on his wrist had the number 94. It sped up faster and faster as the jogger continued to grow afraid. 108. 116. 122. The jogger looked at a glass jar of maggots nearby.

The man from the pictures in John's Journal, Doc Benton, walked closer. His face had a long stitch line scar running from his forehead to his chin. His eyes were swollen and discolored. He had many other stitch line scars all over his body. He had a scalpel in his hand and a cloth around his mouth. "I'll treat you very, very gently. You won't feel a thing. I promise."

Doc Benton started to slice the scalpel into the jogger's chest, making him scream in pain. The beeping on the jogger's heart monitor accelerated. Benton grabbed a pair of clippers, using them to reach into the jogger's wound, clipping something inside of his chest. The jogger gasped and groaned, gagging. Benton reached his clothed hands into his chest to pull out his beating heart. The jogger's heart monitor's beeping flatlined. The number was 0.

§

Day Four

Morning - The Erie Motel - Room

Dean, Catty, Scarlett and Sam were looking at a map of the woods and red circles around the places they were looking for.

"So, these are all old hunting cabins," Sam told them. "They've mostly been abandoned for years."

"What the hell are we waiting for?" Dean asked.

"Yeah, let's get a move on," Scarlett told them.

Catty's phone rang. She walked toward the table, picking it up, answering. "Ness."

Ness was at TJz, the bar she worked at in Sioux Falls. She was closing up the bar. "Hey, Cat. Think I got another lead on Bela."

"I'm listening," Catty told her.

Ness was cleaning the counter. "Rufus Turner."

"Who's that?" Catty asked. "Like a Cleveland steamer?"

"He's a hunter, or he used to be," Ness answered.

"And now?" Catty asked.

Ness walked away from the bar, starting to stack chairs onto the tables. "Hermit, mostly." She stacked another chair onto a table. "Does a little selling on the side." She stacked another chair on a table. "Anyway, I put the word out on Bela months ago. He just called. Said a woman got in touch, wanted to buy some things."

"And he thinks it's Bela?" Catty asked.

Ness stacked another chair on a table. "British accent, went by the name Mina Chandler."

"She's used that before," Catty told her. "Well, it's kinda of a sloppy move, isn't it, Ness? Getting in contact with one of your old friends?"

Ness walked toward the next table to stack chairs. "Friend? Haven't laid eyes on him in 15 years. He's not the Christmas card type. And he's more my Dad's friend, anyway, if you could even call it that. I doubt she knows we know him." She walked toward the bar, reaching into the back, looking through bottles of alcohol. "He's in Canaan, Vermont. I'm gonna be heading there shortly."

"Why?" Catty asked. "Where are you?"

"TJz," Ness answered. "Getting a bottle of..." She pulled out the bottle she was looking for, standing straight, smirking smugly. "Johnnie Walker Blue. Cat, you, Scar, Sam and Dean game to come with, or are you still working the Benton job?"

"Ah, I'll get back to you on that," Catty told her. "Thanks, Ness. Good luck." Ness hung up. Catty hung up, turning to face Scarlett, Sam and Dean. "Come on, we're going after Bela."

"What?" Scarlett asked. "Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on a second."

Catty grabbed her jacket. "Come on, get your stuff. Clock's ticking. Ness has a lead."

"I-I think we should stay here and finish the case," Sam told them.

Catty smiled in confusion, pulling on her jacket. "Are you insane?"

"Catty, there's no way she still has the Colt," Dean told her. "That was months ago. She probably sold it the second she got it."

"Then I'll kill her," Catty told them. "Win-win."

"Look, if Ness is going after Bela, then she's got it covered," Dean told her. "We can stay here and finish the job."

Catty walked around the bed to grab her bag. "I don't trust Bela not to hurt Ness, and since when do you, Dean, or you, Sam, or you, Scar?"

"Catty --" Scarlett started.

Catty turned to face them. "Guys, we're going."

"No," Scarlett told her.

"Why the hell not?" Catty asked.

"Cat, this -- this here, now," Scarlett told her. "This is what's gonna save you."

"What?" Catty asked. "Chasing some Frankenstein?"

"Chasing immortality," Sam told her. Catty looked at them in confusion. "Look, Benton can't die. We find out how he did it, we can do it to you."

"What are you talking about?" Catty asked.

"You have to die before you go to Hell, right?" Dean asked. "So, if you can never die --"

"Wait," Catty told them. "Wait, wait, wait a second. You three actually talked about this? Behind my back?" Scarlett, Sam and Dean didn't answer. Catty put her bag down on the bed, looking at them. "Who's keeping secrets from who now?"

"Catty --" Dean started.

Catty stepped closer to them. "Did -- did you three know that this was Doc Benton from the jump?"

"No," Scarlett answered, quickly pointing at Sam and Dean. "I didn't."

"Sam?" Catty asked. "Dean?"

"Look, I was hoping --" Sam started. "Dean and I were hoping --"

"So, the whole Zombie thing, you were just lying?" Catty asked.

"I didn't want to say anything until I was sure, Catty," Sam told her. "All I'm trying to do is find an answer here." He gestured from himself to Scarlett and Dean. "That's all we're trying to do."

"No, all you're trying to do is chase Slicey McHacky here," Catty told them. "And to kill him? No, you want to buy him a freaking beer. You want to study him."

"We were just trying to help," Dean told her.

"Well, you're not helping," Catty told them. "You forget that if I welsh on this deal, all of you die. Guess what? Living forever is welshing."

"Then whatever the magic pill is, we'll take it, too," Scarlett told her.

"Aw, what is this, 'The Four Vampires'?" Catty asked sarcastically. "Where's Jonathan Harker when you need him? No, it's just like Bobby and Ness have been saying. We kill the Demon that holds the contract, and this whole damn thing wipes clean. That's our best shot."

"Even if you had the Colt, Cat, who are you gonna shoot?" Dean asked. "We have no idea who holds the ticket."

"Well, I'll shoot the Hellhounds, then, before they slash me up," Catty told them. "Now, are you guys coming or not?"

"I'm staying here," Sam told her.

"So am I," Scarlett agreed.

"Look, Ness is chasing a dead end, so let her," Dean told her. "We'll be right here." Catty looked at them in confused exasperation. "We're trying to do the same thing here."

Catty nodded. "I know." She hesitated, groaning. "Fine. Ness can deal with Rufus and Bela. I'm not letting you guys wander out in the woods alone to track some organ stealing freak. So, if we're gonna do this... we're gonna do this together."

Scarlett, Sam and Dean nodded slightly, relieved by this reaction about doing it together.

Catty sighed, not looking happy about their plan.

§

Canaan, Vermont

Rufus Turner's House - Outside

Ness walked up to Rufus Turner's house, seeing a sign on the door.

No Solicitors

That means You!

No asking for donations or no selling anything!

Ness rung the doorbell, knocking on the door. A security camera turned toward Ness.

Man: (intercom) "What?"

§

Inside

Ness was on a security camera. "Hi, Rufus."

Rufus had his back to the security cameras, looking up in recognition of the voice, turning to the security footage to see Ness. Ness waved at the camera.

§

Outside

Rufus opened the door. "Ness Singer. There's a face I never thought I'd see again."

"Okay, so, once upon a time, I called you, asked you to call me if you got a whiff of this Bela Talbot," Ness told him. "You got a whiff. You called. Now, I was just wondering if you could tell me where she is. That'd be great."

"And what would be in it for me?" Rufus asked.

"Well, uh, let's see, I got this, uh..." Ness trailed off, clearing her throat. "Bottle of Scotch, and, uh..." She reached into her bag to pull out the bottle of Johnnie Walker Blue from TJz, looking at Rufus knowingly, smirking. "Is this considered good?"

Rufus looked at the bottle, looking at Ness, smiling.

§

Inside

Ness and Rufus sat at the table with glasses of Johnnie Walker Blue in front of them. The bottle was three quarters empty.

"Well, bottoms up," Ness told him, clinking her glass against his, taking a drink.

"You know, I don't even bother drinking unless it's this stuff," Rufus told her. "Nectar of the Gods, I'm telling you."

"Well, me and my Dad would be long dead if it wasn't for you, so, I just thought this was the least I could do," Ness told him, drinking. "So, Bela was here because..."

"She wanted to buy a couple of things," Rufus answered. "Which is gonna take me some time to round up."

"Where is she now?" Ness asked.

"C-Can I ask you something?" Rufus asked.

"Sure," Ness answered.

"I remember your mother, her possession," Rufus told her. "I remember what she tried to do to you. I remember was your father did to her. I remember coming in and exorcising her to save your lives. Hard to imagine that the little girl I saved back then turned into the hunter she is now." Ness looked down, taking a drink. "And you, being Ness, are helping everybody but yourself. Your friends are on the line. Why are you wasting your time chasing after that skinny, stuck-up English girl?"

Ness chuckled without humor, looking down. "You know my friends."

Rufus leaned forward. "I know of them. I know a lot of things about a lot of people. And I know ain't no peashooter gonna save you or them."

"What makes you so sure?" Ness asked, taking a drink.

"'Cause that's the job, Ness," Rufus answered. "Even if you manage to scrape out of this one, there's just gonna be something else down the road. Folks like us..." Ness took a drink. "There ain't no happy ending. We all got it coming."

Rufus took a drink.

"I forgot what a bucket of sunshine you were," Ness told him sarcastically, taking a drink.

Rufus leaned back in his chair. "You can go ahead and be a smartass all you want. I'm what you've got to look forward to if you live that long. But in the business you're in, hanging with the crowd you're in... You won't."

Ness took a drink.

§

Eerie, Pennsylvania

Dirt Road

The Impala drove to a stop. Sam, Dean, Scarlett and Catty got out of the car. Sam was holding a map, leading the way into the woods. Dean, Scarlett and Catty exchanged a look, sighing, hesitantly following Sam.

§

Canaan, Vermont

Rufus' House

Ness took a drink. "So, Bela..."

"Hotel Canaan," Rufus answered. "Room 39. But watch your back."

"I think I can handle Bela," Ness told him.

"Oh, don't be so sure about that," Rufus told her. "There are things that you don't know about her."

"Oh, and you do?" Ness asked. "Right." She snapped her fingers. "Because you know things."

"Yep," Rufus answered. "Just like you do, Ness."

"And let me guess," Ness told him. "You lift her fingerprint?"

"Yep," Rufus answered.

"And that got you jack," Ness told him.

"Yep," Rufus answered. Ness chuckled, taking a drink. "She burned them. Probably years ago."

"Yeah, so you're right where we are," Ness told him.

"Nope," Rufus told her. Ness looked at him in confusion. "You do her ear?"

"No," Ness answered. "But I know ears are as unique to Humans as fingerprints. Of course, that don't fly in the courts over here, but in England, they're all over it."

Rufus nodded. "A friend of a friend... of a friend faxed me 10 pages of confidential files within a day. All I had to send him was one clean shot off the security camera."

Ness nodded. "Right. One clean shot of her ear."

Ness clicked her tongue, taking a drink.

Rufus stood, walking toward the desk, pulling out a file folder, walking closer, dropping the file onto the table in front of Ness. "The so-called Bela Talbot."

Ness opened the file to see Bela, looking up at Rufus. Rufus took a drink. Ness looked over the file, taking a drink.

§

Eerie, Pennsylvania

Night - Doc Benton's Cabin

Catty, Scarlett, Dean and Sam walked into the cabin, flashlights in hand. Scarlett walked toward a wall, looking over it, investigating. Dean flipped through a book. Sam found a book with the eternal life symbol on it on the desk, picking it up, putting it into his jacket. Catty still didn't seem happy about this, noticing a door in the floor, walking toward it.

§

Basement

Catty opened the door, walking down the steps. She saw the jogger's body still on the operating table, slowly, cautiously walking toward it. She lifted the bloodstained sheet away from him to see the hole in his chest where his heart had used to be. She closed her eyes, letting the sheet fall back over him, continuing on. She saw another operating table nearby with a woman tied and restrained to it. She slowly, cautiously walked toward her, noticing her arms were wounded and maggots clung to the blood staining her skin. She slowly reached toward the woman's neck to feel for a pulse. The woman gasped awake.

Catty jumped, trying to calm her down. "Shh, shh, shh. It's okay. I'm here to help you. I'm here to help you. I'm here to help you." She looked toward the basement door. "Sam! Dean! Scar!"

Dean stood in the basement door. "Yeah?"

"Get the Impala," Catty told him. "Now." Dean saw the woman, nodding, running off to get the Impala. Sam and Scarlett walked down the stairs. "Sammy, Scar, help me with this."

Sam and Scarlett walked closer, grabbing two cloths from nearby, wrapping the wounds around the woman's arms to stop the bleeding. The woman whimpered in pain.

"I'm sorry," Scarlett told her. "I'm sorry. Okay, here we go."

Catty started to undo the restraints that held the woman to the operating table. They heard a door creak from upstairs.

Catty looked at Sam and Scarlett. "There's no way Dean could be back yet."

Sam nodded in agreement, looking at the whimpering woman. "Shh, shh, shh."

§

Upstairs

Doc Benton lit a lantern with a match, walking along.

§

Basement

The woman whimpered.

Sam held a hand over her mouth. "Shh, shh, shh, shh!"

They heard footsteps passing over them. Benton walked into the basement.

Catty took a knife, throwing it into Benton's eye, making him groan in pain. She looked at Sam and Scarlett. "Go, go, go, go!"

Sam and Scarlett helped the woman up from the table, running out of the basement, leaving. Catty took a cart from nearby, pushing it into Benton, making him fall over. She ran upstairs, following them. Benton stood, taking the knife out of his eye. He held a hand over his bleeding eye. He started to follow them.

§

Outside

The Impala pulled up to the cabin. Sam and Scarlett ran outside with the woman's arms over their shoulders, getting into the backseat carefully. Catty ran outside, getting into the passenger seat next to Dean.

Scarlett looked at Dean. "Go, go, go, go!"

The Impala tore out of the woods, leaving the cabin behind. Benton stood nearby the cabin, watching them go. His eye was still bleeding. He did not seem phased.

§

Canaan, Vermont

Hotel Canaan - Bela's Hotel Room

Bela walked into the dark room.

Ness stepped out of hiding, aiming a gun at Bela. "Where's the Colt?"

Bela turned toward Ness, aiming a gun at her. "Ness. Haven't we already been here before?"

"No more extra words," Ness told her.

"It's long gone," Bela told her. "Across the world by now."

"You're lying," Ness told her, grabbing her bag.

"I'll call the buyer," Bela told her. "I know you know a lot of languages, Ness. But do you speak Farsi?"

Ness lowered her gun to her side, quickly grabbing the gun from Bela, twisting it out of her hand before she had a chance to shoot. Bela glared at Ness.

Ness turned the light on. "Don't move."

"I told you I don't have it," Bela told her.

Ness started to go through her stuff, nodding sarcastically. "Oh, yeah, I'm definitely gonna take your word for it." Bela inched toward the door. There was a gunshot. A bullet hole appeared in the wood on the door next to Bela's head. Bela gasped, looking toward Ness. Ness had her gun raised. "Don't move."

Bela looked at Ness, breathing heavily. Ness pulled out a bag from underneath her bed, going through it.

"It's gone," Bela told her. "Get on a plane if you must. Track down the buyer. You might catch up to him eventually." Ness walked closer, aiming her gun at Bela. "Are you going to kill me? You're not the cold-blooded type, Ness."

"You mean like you?" Ness asked. "That's true. See, I couldn't imagine killing my parents."

Bela was shocked that she knew, regrouping. "I don't know what you're talking --"

"Yes, you do," Ness told her. "You were, what? 14? Folks died in some shady car accident. Police suspected a slashed brake line, but it was all too crispy to tell. Cut to little Bela -- Oh, I'm sorry, Abby -- inheriting millions."

"How did you ev --" Bela started.

"Doesn't matter," Ness told her.

Bela sighed, looking down.

§

Flashback

Night - House - Abby's Room

Young Abby was sitting on her bed, crying. A man slowly walked into the room. Young Abby looked terrified. The man closed the door.

§

Now

Night - Bela's Motel Room

Bela looked at Ness, smirking with no emotion, looking up. "They were lovely people. And I killed them. And I got rich. I can't be bothered to give a damn. Just like I don't care what happens to you."

Ness scoffed, shaking her head. "You make me sick."

"Likewise," Bela replied.

Ness shook her head in disgust, backing away, pointing the gun at her. Bela closed her eyes, waiting for the shot. Ness looked up above the door frame to see an herb that she seemed to recognize, looking at Bela, thinking. Bela opened her eyes.

Ness sighed, lowering the gun to her side. "You're not worth it."

Ness pushed Bela out of the way of the door, opening it, walking out, closing the door behind her, leaving.

Bela looked at the door for a moment. Her phone rang. She pulled it out to answer. "Hello? I know. I'm sorry. I ran into a... complication. No, it wasn't one of them. It was Ness Singer. No, Ness was alone. But I know where they are."

§

Erie, Pennsylvania

Motel Room

Sam was sitting at a desk, looking through the book he had taken from Doc Benton's cabin. Dean and Scarlett were standing nearby. Catty sighed, sitting down in a chair.

"At least we saved that girl," Scarlett told them.

Dean sighed. "Yeah. Right." He took a deep breath. "So, Ness called."

"And?" Sam asked. "Did Ness get the Colt?"

"What do you think?" Dean asked.

"So, does that mean Bela is..." Catty trailed off.

"No," Dean answered. "No, she deserves to die a dozen times over, but we all knew that Ness wouldn't be able to do it. But Ness told me that it might be a smart move to get the hell out of town as soon as we're done here."

"Why?" Scarlett asked.

Dean shook his head. "She didn't say."

Catty hesitated, sighing. "I'm really screwed, guys."

"No, you're just --" Scarlett started.

"But you were right," Catty told them. "Bela was a goose chase. Ness tried, and I thank her for that, but... The Colt's gone, and this time, I'm really screwed, guys."

"Maybe not," Sam told her. "I found his lab book, and it has the formula."

"What, the live-forever formula?" Catty asked.

"Yeah," Sam answered.

"Great," Catty told them sarcastically. "Let me guess. I got to drink out of a baby's skull?"

"No, that's the thing," Sam told her. "It's not black magic. There's no blood sacrifice or anything. It's -- It's just science, Cat. Very, very extremely weird science, but..."

"Wait, wait, wait," Catty told him. "What are -- What are you saying? You think..."

"Cat, I think it might be doable," Sam told her. "I mean, I know we've hit a lot of walls, but I-I think this formula... I think it might be it. This could save you."

"Okay, so, this formula..." Dean trailed off.

"Well, I mean, look, we're not in the clear yet," Sam told them. "There are still things that I don't get."

Catty slowly started to shake her head. "I don't know, guys."

"What do you mean, you don't know?" Dean asked.

"I mean, you guys know what the Doc's doing," Catty told them. "You know the kind of monster that he's become. I just... I don't think -- No, I know I can't turn into a monster like that." She stood, shaking her head. "I-I-I just can't."

Catty walked out, leaving.

Dean and Scarlett sighed, standing, following her.

"Catty, wait," Scarlett told her.

"Cat," Dean told her. "Catty!"

Dean and Scarlett followed Catty, leaving. Sam sighed, sitting at the desk, holding his head, not knowing what to do. Doc Benton arrived behind him, covering Sam's mouth and nose with a cloth covered with chloroform, making him fall unconscious.

§

Doc Benton's Cabin - Basement

Sam was tied and restrained to an operating table. His eyes were taped open.

"You can relax," Benton told him. "It's all gonna be okay. Ain't nothing gonna happen here that you got to worry about, Sammy. Your chances of coming out of this procedure alive? Very, very high."

"How do you know my name?" Sam asked.

"Oh, I know," Benton told him. "You think I'm some kind of monster, don't you? Well, I got to tell you. I have never done one thing that I did not have to do. This whole eternal-life thing is very high-maintenance. If something goes bad, like my eye here that your sister, the blonde one, ruined, you got to replace them. And sometimes things get damaged, like when your father cut out my heart. Now, that... that was very inconvenient. So, I'm sure that you can understand all the joy I felt when I read all about myself here in his journal. Kind of makes this whole thing just feel like some kind of family reunion, don't it? Well, I guess it's about time that we get this thing started." Benton brought his scoop very close to Sam's eye. He was suddenly shot in the back three times. He turned to face Dean, Scarlett and Catty with their guns raised, unfazed. "Shoot all you want." Benton walked closer. Dean, Scarlett and Catty shot him repeatedly in the chest. Benton was still unfazed, grabbing Catty, throwing her against the shelf, making her fall to the floor, pushing Dean and Scarlett aside, walking toward them. Scarlett saw that a bottle of chloroform had fell of the shelf when Benton had pushed Catty into it, taking a cloth out of her pocket. Benton knelt in front of Dean, raising a hand to punch him. Dean stabbed Benton in the heart. Benton chuckled. "A knife? What part of immortality do you not understand?" He stood. "Pity about the heart, though. It was a brand-new one."

"Good," Scarlett told him, standing instantly, putting the cloth covered with chloroform over his nose and mouth. "Then it should be pumping nice and strong, sending this stuff throughout your whole body."

Benton tried to struggle, getting weaker and weaker as each second passed, eventually falling unconscious.

§

Later

Benton woke up tied and restrained to the operating table.

"Oh, hiya, Doc," Scarlett told him with a sweet fake smile. "Wakey, wakey, eggs and bac-y."

"Please," Benton told them.

"Please what?" Dean asked. "You've been killing poor sons of bitches for over 150 years and now you got a request? Shut up."

"No, you don't understand," Benton told them. He looked at Catty weakly. "I can help you. I know what you need."

"We might have to cut him up into little bits," Catty told them. "You know, this immortality thing is a bitch."

"I can read the formula for you," Benton told her. "The whole immortality. Forever young, never die."

Catty looked Benton over, criticizing his appearance of stitches and scars, taking in account of the organs going bad that they would have to replace.

"Catty," Sam told her.

"Sam," Catty replied. Sam nodded for them to talk at the side, walking away. Dean and Scarlett followed. Catty gave them a look, following them. "What?"

Sam sighed. "I mean, we're talking Hell in three weeks or needing a new pancreas in, like, half a century."

"Yeah, well, you can't exactly get those at a Kwik-E-Mart," Catty replied.

"It's not perfect, but it buys us more time to think of something better," Scarlett told her. "We just need time, Cat. I mean, please, just--just think about it."

Catty looked from Benton to Scarlett, Sam and Dean. "No."

"Catty, don't you want to live?" Dean asked.

"What he is isn't living," Catty told them. "Look, this is simple."

"Simple?" Dean repeated.

"To me it is, okay?" Catty asked. "Black or white. Human, not Human." She walked toward Benton. "See, what the Doc is is a freaking monster. I can't do it." Scarlett, Sam and Dean walked toward them. "I would rather go to Hell."

Catty poured more chloroform onto the cloth.

"You don't understand," Benton told her. "I can help you!"

Catty put the cloth over his nose and mouth to make him breathe it in until he fell unconscious again, looking at Scarlett, Sam and Dean. "Now, I'm gonna take care of him. You can help me or not. It's up to you."

§

Underground

Benton woke up, lighting a match to see that he was in some kind of box. He couldn't open the lid.

§

Outside

The box freezer chained closed in a hole in a ground.

Sam, Dean, Scarlett and Catty were burying him deep underground, able to hear Benton trying to get out. "No! No! No! Don't be stupid! I can help you!"

"Enjoy forever in there, Doc," Catty told him.

"I can save you!" Benton told her. Sam, Dean, Scarlett and Catty started to bury him alive. "I can help you! Let me out! Let me out! Let me out! No!"

§

Erie Motel - Hallway

Bela slowly walked down the hallway, picking the lock on the door. She drew her gun, quietly walking in.

§

Motel Room

Bela aimed her gun at the two beds in the boys' side of the room, shooting the bodies lying under the covers on each bed. She turned toward the double doors into the girls' side of the room, shooting the bodies lying under the covers on the bed. She walked toward the light switch on the wall, turning on the lights. A clock on the nightstand read 11:56 PM. Bela walked toward Catty and Scarlett's beds, pulling back the covers to find two sex dolls slowly deflating. She turned toward the boys' side of the room, walking toward them, pulling back each covers to find two other sex dolls deflating. The phone rang. Bela slowly sat on the bed next to the phone, answering.

Ness' voice was on the other line. "Hiya, Bela. Here's a fun fact you may not know. I had already torn your hotel room apart by the time you had gotten there. I found out that you were trying to find Sam, Dean, Scar and Catty. And all it took was one little phone call to warn them to get the hell out, bitch."

"Ness, you don't understand," Bela told her.

Ness was driving in her car down the road. "Oh, I'm pretty sure I understand perfectly. You see, I also noticed something interesting in your hotel room, other than the fact that you were trying to find my friends to try and kill them. Something tucked above the door. An herb. Devil's Shoestring. Well, there's only one use for that. Holding Hellhounds at bay. So you know what I did? I went back and took another look at your folks' obit. Turns out they died ten years ago today. You didn't kill them. A Demon did your dirty work. You made a deal, didn't you, Bela? And it's come due."

Bela looked down desperately, terrified.

§

Flashback

Day - Outside

Young Abby sat on a swing.

A little girl sat beside her. "I can take care of them for you. And it won't even cost you anything. For ten. Whole. Years."

The little girl made her eyes turn red, revealing herself as a Crossroads Demon. She blinked, letting her eyes return normal.

§

Now

Night - Eerie Motel - Room

Bela was still on the phone with Ness.

"Is that why you stole the Colt?" Ness asked. "Try to wiggle out of your deal? The Colt for your soul?"

"Yes," Bela answered.

"But stealing the Colt wasn't quite enough, I'm guessing," Ness told her.

"They changed the deal," Bela told her. "They wanted me to kill Sam and Scarlett."

"Really?" Ness asked. "Wow. Demons, untrustworthy. Huh." She chuckled sarcastically. "Shocker. That's, uh, kind of a tight deadline, too. Uh, what time is it?" Bela and Ness both looked at the time to see it was 11:58. "Oh, look at that. Almost midnight."

Bela was crying. "Ness, listen, I need help."

"Sweetheart, we are weeks past help," Ness told her.

"I know I don't deserve it," Bela told her.

"You know what?" Ness asked. "You're right. You don't. But you know what the bitch of the bunch is? If you would have just come to us sooner and asked for help, we probably could have taken the Colt and saved you."

"I know, and saved Catty," Bela told her. "I know about her deal, Ness."

"And who told you that?" Ness asked.

"The Demon that holds that," Bela answered. "She holds mine, too. She says she holds every deal."

"She?" Ness repeated.

"Her name is Lilith," Bela told her.

Ness recognized the name. "Lilith? Why should I believe you?"

"You shouldn't, but it's the truth," Bela told her.

"This can't help you, Bela," Ness told her. "Not now. Why are you telling me this?"

"Because just maybe you can kill the bitch," Bela answered.

Ness hesitated. "I'm sorry, Bela. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. And that just so happens to be you. Goodbye, Bela."

Ness hung up, knowing that that was the last time she would ever see Bela. Bela hung up, knowing that that was the last time she would ever see Ness. She looked at the time. 12:00. She could hear Hellhounds barking in the distance, howling. She placed the phone on the bed next to her, standing, looking out of the window, taking a deep breath. Closer, more vicious growls began. Bela gazed off into nothing numbly, no longer crying, tears falling. She knew what was to come for her. She was numb with fear and anticipation.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.9K 365 37
When she finds herself back in Sioux Falls on a job, a twist of fate puts Evelyn Marshall in the path of the Winchesters and Bobby Singer. With nowhe...
5.5K 277 23
Catty, Scarlett and Dean Winchester and Ness Singer have been out of the life for a year now. Catty had gone to her old flame, Brett Blake, up in New...
21.3K 464 26
Sam Winchester is possessed by an Angel. Dean Winchester and Ness Singer-Winchester are in on the loop. Sam and Dean's sister, Catty, is not. Dean kn...
47.1K 1K 25
Sam, Dean and Catty Winchester are doing everything that they can to look for their father, John, and hunt and do their job at the same time. "Saving...