Naruto: Next Chance

By Takamiya_Shido

I am intrested in creating a fiction regarding Naruto and Hinata reincarnation in parallel world. But Hinata... More

Naruto Uzumaki: Meeting Hagoromo Again
Naruto Namikaze: A Merged Soul
Realised Mistakes. Please Come back.
Kurama and Kurahime.A Biju & Youkai Soul Sealed Inside Me.
Beginning of A New Life with Challenges.
In New World Let My Journey Begin Part 1.
In New World Let My Journey Begin Part 2.
Byakugan Princess Visit. Must Learn About My Life
Enter Yasaka Hime. Youkai Leader of Foxes.
Fox Summoner.Here comes Kunou.
History of Sayuri Uchiha
Confessions. Realisatons. Acceptance.First Friend. Goodbye to my other Half.
Family troubles.
Finally. I became the Genin.
History of Youkais. Part 1
History of Youkais Part 2
Homecoming.
My Secret To Makai Princess. Part 1
My Secret to Makai Princess. Part 2
My Secret to Makai Princess. Part 3
Formation of Team 15. part 1
Formation of Team 15. Part 2
Formation of Team 15. Part 3
Why I created Team 15.
Day before the mission. Part 1
Day before the mission. Part 2
Team 15 First Mission. Part 1
Team 15 First mission Part:2
I Accept. Part I
I Accept Part II
To The Land Of Waves: I
To The Land Of Waves: II
To The Land of Waves: III
Adventures in Land of Waves: I
Adventures in the Land Of Waves: Part II
Chapter 37: Reminiscence of Normal Life in Konoha

Challenge for Naruto by Councils.

3.7K 75 17
By Takamiya_Shido

"I think it's time we start this meeting." Minato said calmly and removed the Hokage hat from his head, putting the object on the table and knit his fingers together in front of his face.

The Shinobi and civilians who were presenting in the Hokage's Meeting Room immediately turned their attention to the Yondaime Hokage of Konoha, sitting straight up and become absolutely silent so they wouldn't miss any of the Hokage's words.

Sitting at the head of the long table, Minato nodded his head before moving his eyes to his right slightly to look at the Shinobi Council. Every single Shinobi and Kunoichi of Konoha was represented by this group, who were the leaders of the Shinobi Clans from within Konoha, the heart and core of his village.

Tsume Inuzuka of the clan of Taijutsu specialists Inuzuka Clan, the head of Konoha's Intelligence Division Inoichi Yamanaka from Yamanaka Clan, his advisor and assistance Shikaku Nara of the Nara Clan, Choza Akamichi the fifteenth head of one of the five nobles clan of Konoha, the Akamichi Clan.

Sitting next to Choza was the leader of another noble clan of Konoha, Shibi Aburame. On the insect user's right was none other than Hiashi Hyuuga, the leader of Hyuuga Clan, one of the current two strongest clans and the third noble clan of Konohagakure no Sato. And last but not least, sitting right beside Minato was the head of the fourth noble and the current Konoha's strongest clan Uchiha Clan, the captain of Konoha's Military Police Force, Fugaku Uchiha.

Minato himself was the representative of the fifth noble clan of Konoha, the Namikaze Clan.

There was an empty seat between Hiashi and Fugaku, belonged to none other than his wife Kushina Uzumaki the representative of Uzumaki Clan in Konoha village but currently his wife was out of the village for a very important escort mission so Minato would represent for the Uzumaki.

On his left, even though he would never say it out loud was his least favorite group, the Civilian Council. The first thing he did when he became a Hokage was took away as much power and influence from them as possible, because they never paid much attention to the Shinobi matters to begin with, always demanded him to increase the amount of fund for schools, hospitals, markets...which Minato got Shizune took great care about that. The leader of this little group was none other than Danzo Shimura, formerly the Sandaime Sarutobi Hiruzen's teammate but retired when he realized his golden time was long gone.

He didn't want to have them here when he was about to talk about his son, but every meeting needed to have both sides of Konoha's government. Choosing to ignore them would only bring him trouble afterward and maybe even his son, who clearly none of the members of the Civilian Council appeared to like because of the soul of Kyuubi sealed within him.

"Shikaku how is the preparation for the Chunin Exam?" Minato asked, looking at the genius Nara.

Everything is going into place, Hokage-sama." the man nodded his head "We're still preparing training ground forty fourth for the second stage but all the Shinobi and Kunoichi at Chunin and above Chunin level met the qualities to become judges have been chosen and readied to response for duty."

"Good." Minato nodded his head with a smile "I have no doubt that this year Chunin Exam will go smoothly."

"Hokage-sama," Hiashi spoke up with a clam tone "How are Kushina-san and her team's mission of escorting Tsuchikage-sama to our village?"

"I received her message this morning she said they will arrive at Konoha tomorrow morning." Minato said and the Shinobi Council nodded their head.

"Hokage-sama, your wife wasn't in the best shape when she accepted the escort mission." Danzo suddenly spoke up "Are you sure Kushina-san and her team can carry out this mission?"

"I had no doubt in my wife, or Itachi-san or Shisui-san." Minato's eyes glanced toward to Fugaku slightly and saw the black man gave him a small nod of the head "They're our best Ninjas and I believe that they can carry out this mission just fine. As you already know, Iwa don't have the best kind of relationship with us like Suna, Kiri or even Kumo so anyone less than the Hokage's wife herself can easily be recognized an act of discourteous and not to mention maybe disrespectful. Trust me Danzo; my wife is the best choice for this mission." Naruto's father finished with a slight smile.

"Oh, I see then, if you said that..." the retired Shinobi nodded his head curtly.

"Anyway, before ending this, I will tell you the reason why I called this meeting." Minato took a deep breath before saying "I want to promote an Academy student to Gennin and allow him to participate in the Chunin Exam this year." There was a long moment of silent in the room, as the Civilian Council was looking at Minato as if he had grown a second head.

"Can I know who is the one, Hokage-sama?" Hiashi asked.

"My son, Naruto Namikaze." and he dropped the bomb.

Everyone in the village knew about Naruto, of course since he was the son of the Hokage and his reputation of failing the graduate exam three times in a row, especially the Shinobi Council who heard it from their children. Naruto wasn't only the absolute just a dead last in class, but also the worst student in the history of Shinobi, with no skill and qualities for becoming a normal, let alone talent like his sisters.

"With all respect Hokage-sama," Fugaku shook his head "I don't think that is a good idea, your son has no qualities to become a Gennin, let alone participate in the Chunin Exam and not to mention he was just recover from a fatal injures made by one of Orochimaru's minions."

The Shinobi and Civilians began to agree with Fugaku's speech. He knew that the leader of Uchiha Clan only meant well, actually thinking for his son's sake unlike the group at the left side of room who wanted to keep Naruto as weak as possible.

Taking a deep breath, Minato held his hand up to stop them from saying anything more. Taking a deep breath he began to speak.

"Did you know about the Summoning and Shadow Clones?"

"Those Normal Jutsu?" Fukagu asked "What about them".

"To a Chunin or Jounin it is also consider a B to A Rank Jutsu and it takes a lot of time to master it. And getting a summoning contract is not a easy feat even for Jounin. Yet My son managed to learn it in one month rigid training by his own willpower and guts." Minato told them honestly

W-what!?" Shikaku asked in shock. Like him, nearly everyone in the room was in a state of absolute surprise and shock especially the Civilian Council, who completely lost for words and mouth gasping like fish on the ground "How is that possible, Hokage-sama, did you teach him?"

"No, Shikaku, I only taught it to Minami and Naruko...but I haven't given them a summoning contract yet while Naruto remembered the accident happened to him and remembered the technique he looked at the forbidden Scroll and managed to Learn it and Summoning Contract is something he achieved on his own." a smile formed on his face when he realized that everyone was completely dumbstruck by this "Oh by the way, Naruto had asked me the notes of hiraishin, he said he will master the hiraishin with his own and he managed to create a small Rudimentary Tag which allow him to perform the Hiraishin. It is not complete yet but he is using his mind to its full potential to achieve that technique" He lied to them because he don't to create trouble for the Fox clan Leader.

Considering that the Hiraishin requires a tough knowledge of sealing Art, I highly doubt that Hokage-sama."Shikaku said

"What I was saying is that our village is in need of Idiot but, full of potential Shinobi like Naruto." Minato said "As you already know, this is the first time the Five Great Villages come together to participate in the Chunin Exam, and all the higher-ups of their village will come to watch the Chunin exam as well. They are, no doubt will bring their strongest, most talent Gennins to the exam to show us, the strongest village their strength. Like them, we also cannot sit by and watch our village become their playground, so it would be a bad move for Shinobi like us to leave someone like Naruto wait for another year to become Gennin and a few more months to take part in the Chunin exam." He was a leader, the Hokage of this village and Minato knew that he couldn't turn his favor over any Shinobi, even when he was his son and there were still a lot for him to make up to Naruto.

"But Hokage-sama, even when we agree to promote your son to Gennin," Inoichi said "but will he meets the requirements to become a Chunin?" Minato was expecting this question "Chunin isn't only about strength and level headed mind, it is also about experience and a lot other qualities. Your son might be able to learn Jutsu just by his hard work and potential, but will he wise and strong enough to make a tough decision on the battlefield?"

"That is something only time can tell, Inoichi." Minato said with a longing sight "However if my request is approved, I will spend my free times to help Naruto improve and teach him everything he needs to know, what it takes to be a great Shinobi. I'm sure that he doesn't need months or years to understand that, considering that he might be just as smart as or even smarter than his sisters."

"Man..." Tsume shook her head "I had to wonder what he had suffered to gain this much in this one month? "He had just recover from his Injuries which are almost a Life-Death situation for him, yet he managed to stand up and still had the will to became a Ninja." He may not be strong physically but he is strong Mentally which is rare even for the elite Ninja?" Minato was also wondering the same thing, his son had suffered a lot and still had the will to became a Ninja. He was concerned for the changes happend in Naruto. Tsunade still had not given to him her report about the poison Mizuki used so he didn't dare to come up with any idea about this just yet.

Minato then stood up and said

"We will end this matter by voting. Those who approve my request, please raise your hand."

"I am sorry Hokage Sama but I don't think your son must be promoted to a genin in the first place" Danzo raised his Voice.

"And what is your Reason to say such things Elder Danzo" Minato asked with a bit of ire on his Voice.

Danzo Shimura had always wanted to Recruit Minato Daughters in his Root, but he was unable to approach them because Itachi and Shisui were their Sensei and to make things worse, they had informed them about his Root motives and Beliefs so he quit on the Idea of Recruiting them. But he had his Revenge on Minato by making his Son life a waste. And Since the opportunity had arised, he is going to torment Naruto even more to hurt his father who is sitting on Hokage mantle.

"While your son may have talent for learning you must not forget the fact that he is not living up-to the Reputation of your Family Name. He has not mastered your Prized Family Justsu " Rasengan". And even if we allowed him to participate in Exams he is still alone, there are no candidates available to take exams with him. And from what I have seen from his report of Academy, he act as Clown which is not a good attitude for a Ninja. A ninja must hold to his oath to must follow the Rules but Your Son breaks the Rules, he don't follow Academy Rules and you want to make him a Shinobi. I cannot accept such foolishness to happen."Danzo said in Strong Voice.

Hearing that Homura also speak
"Danzo is Right Hokage Sama. Your son is not qualified to be considered as Shinobi of this generation. Everyone from Clan are Talented and Sasuke Uchiha and Hyuuga Hinata are the most promising one. They are obedient and they follow order. Naruto is not someone who can be considered a worthy Shinobi of this generation."

"And your son has only recovered from his injury. And while we think he is good at learning, he is not promising. Unlike your daughters, he will never be able to reach even Kakashi level." Koharu said in pleased manner

Minato Never expected that these old fossils will try to stop Naruto promotion and Insulting his son front of him. Situation is becoming worse because of them.

"Then how about giving him an order to follow it within a timeline and see if he is able to perform it or not " Hiashi Hyuuga said in a pride

"What are you trying to say Hiashi San" Minato asked the Hyuuga Leader.

"It is simple Hokage Sama. We will decide if he can follow order we give to him. It will not be easy for him. But if he fulfill it he will not only be promoted to Genin but also participate in the upcoming Chunin Exams. And You will arrange teammates for his team and His sensei will be none other than Shisui Uchiha from my clan" Fukagu said with a determined voice

Everyone became shocked at the announcement of Uchiha clan Leader. He never allowed his clan members to train the others besides Hokage Daughters. And he is willing to go this far for Naruto.Minato silently thanked him for his support.

"So what order should we give him" Tsume asked.She was a bit concerned for Naruto

"If he is able to master his Family Prized Jutsu "Rasengan" within a week then he will be considered for Genin promotion and will participate in Chunin Exams.But I don't think he can do it" Danzo said with confidence in his Voice.

"He will definitely do it. Because if my Son can came from the the Death Den, then he can do anything" Minato said with confidence.

We will end this matter now. All of us who had agreed will visit here in Seven Days and will decide about Naruto Promotion.For the time being let's call Naruto here. ".

"Hokage Sama I wish to request my daughter presence here too" Hiashi request in polite manner.

I have another Idea to consider Naruto genin promotion but for that I want to hear her opinions on Naruto.If It is considered then instead of mastering Rasengan, it will give us a lot better idea to consider his promotion.

Minato Understood the call of Hiashi and called his Anbu and Requested him bring his Son and Hyuuga Hinata here.

To be continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

34.9K 1.7K 43
In a far off land lives Princesses, Princes, Kings and Queens. The land belongs to the Five Great Kingdoms- The Sunshine Kingdom belonging to the Uzu...
282K 7.4K 47
Rin Uzumaki-Namikaze was Kushina and Minato's sole daughter. A prodigy at a young age, she learned and mastered all the jutsus and seals her parents...
31.7K 956 47
Sayake Uzumaki Uchiha the daughter of the twin sister of naruto Naruko Uzumaki and Sasuke Uchiha the older sister of Saya Uchiha being a Anbu she was...
74.1K 2K 33
The Second Hokage always said the Uchiha clan was destined for evil and darkness.After the Uchiha clan the massacre of the Uchiha clan their were onl...