War of Love

By sizzlingblacky

"It all started with a fight.." Ishaani Karthik hails from the nation where culture plays a major role. Born... More

Epilogue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter-8
Chapter-9
Chapter 10
Chapter-11
Chapter-12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 16

122 3 1
By sizzlingblacky

"That seems better. It feels awkward to hear you call me Mr. Parker" He smirked shaking his head. I was surprised and astonished at how ease this man is when he is speaking with me. Oh god I never thought such a day would come.

"Yeah" I blurted like an idiot when he caught my eye. And it would be better if my stupid heart could reduce its beat. I think it would be heard from miles apart. He is making me act like a school girl without realizing the fact.

He moved away from me towards his desk and pushed open it. Then bent down by resting his hands over the column and started ruffling the papers beneath it. His posture was relaxed as his arms peeped out of his shirt. His hair was falling over his face again and moved minutely over his eyes. That instant he looked nothing but a model out of shoot. And I wanted to rake my hands over his smooth hair.

Ugh... Stupid hormones functioning overtime.

My illustrious stare got interrupted when he looked above from the desk and caught my eye, making me blink like an idiot again. I dropped my eyes at once. Huh enough embarrassment for a day.

He laughed heartily definitely caught me staring at him, "Here"

He handed me a form and I realized its my transfer form out of his class. My stomach dropped thinking about it. I totally forgot the fact that I applied to move out of his class this year. Oh my god. Has he signed it?

In panic I dropped my eyes to the form and turned its pages, "I haven't signed it" He stopped me by holding my hand.

Holy crow. Not again. His touch sent electrifying sparks all over my body and the urge to hold him engulfed me. I gasped unconsciously and dropped the paper. He laughed again and picked it up for me who still stood mouth open.

"I am sorry" I said biting my lip. Watching me his reaction changed automatically. His eyes dropped to my lips for a moment. Maybe I imagined that fact. He leant over me a far too closer which was so dangerous for me.

I could hear his breath as my heart hitched again, "Aren't you going to be late?" I lifted my head up to watch him looking at me intently.

That's it. I can't spend another minute with him. "Bye" I said and turned to leave at once.

"Bye Ishaani" I heard him whisper as I left the room. I didn't stop anywhere and sped off to the ladies room.

I calmed myself only after washing my face with cold water. All the events of him with me came dashing down the memory lane when I saw my petrified reflection in the mirror. A thousand questions popped up my head thinking about all that.

What the hell is happening to me?

Am I falling so hard for this man who is just playing with me?

He seems to be normal when I am with him. And he didn't even think of me as a sane human being until last week.

Now why is he talking to me and considering my decisions?

I am just a student for him and maybe his sister's friend. But what is he to me? I seriously don't want to answer that question.

After the series of battle with myself I took an oath of not engaging with him until I am so sure of myself. Of whether I want this or not. I was walking towards my home when somebody yelled my name.

I turned to find Zoe jumping towards me, "The girl who made all this happen" She caught my hands and gasped for air.

"Why did you run like that?" I asked her dropping myself over the bench on the campus.

"I wanted to catch you" She said still catching extra pumps of oxygen.

"Well? How is the lover boy?" I nudged her playfully.

"He is super fine. Thanks to someone" she nudged back.

"When is he leaving?" I asked her.

"Tomorrow night. And that is why I wanted to meet you"

"Don't worry I'll call him to wish" I told her.

"You can do that in person today" She said smiling.

"Oh. Is he here?" I asked her looking around.

"No we are having a family dinner today with him at my house" She replied.

"Okay. So?" I asked her still confused.

"I want you to come and join us in this dinner" She said as I stood up from the bench shocked.

"No way" I said and picked up my bag to leave but she held my hand.

"Ish please. You have done a great deal for me. I want to thank you" She said with a sigh.

"You can thank me now. But I am not coming to your home Zoe that's final." I replied and waved her before jogging towards home. I didn't even turn to see her reaction. I have way too much confusion going on right now. And meeting my so called professor again out of college where he influences me like a ghost is not going to happen.

This is so beyond my daily dose of craziness. I was shaking my head thinking what sort of disaster this would be if I said okay to Zoe. And that is why I didn't notice that fact that Kath and Shiva were kissing their faces of when I came barging into the room.

They both split up like a curse being thrown upon my arrival and I stood sheepishly.

"Sorry guys" I said and moved towards my room. I am forgetting the fact that Kath is moving forward in her life and I keep on disturbing her precious moments like this. Since I don't have any chance of having any kind of fantasies like this with the person I like doesn't mean that my friend should not have.

No more craziness Ishaani Karthik. You have a degree to complete.

My phone rang when I was changing out of jeans. It was from home.

"Hey my girl" It was my dad.

"Hey dad. Is everything alright?" I asked him since it was only yesterday that we spoke and our code was to speak on alternate days.

"Perfect dear. So how was your day?" He asked quietly and I knew he is going to drop off a big bomb.

"Great dad. I have my finals for this semester next week which means I have my holidays for a month" I said hoping for the fact that maybe he wants me to come home.

"I know about that already. I saw it in your college website" he replied and I was sure that he had made some plans for this vacation.

"Oh" was all I replied waiting for him to drop it soon.

"So what do you think of spending this vacation differently?" He asked in his DAD demeanor that I laughed out aloud.

"Dad? What sup? Have you planned to make me do any project this vacay? I asked him.

"Oh no dear. Enough studying. You do that too much that you forget what fun is" He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Now whose fault is that?" I asked him laughing.

"Fine. So let me correct it alright" He said and I didn't reply.

"We are coming to California this time my baby" he said as I let out a big squeal.

"Oh my god dad. Are you joking? I can't believe it" I said smiling broadly.

"No kidding my dear. We have a whole month this year to spend." He said making me jump in joy. A whole month with my family and that is what a real vacay is all about.

"Thank you so much daddy. So when did this sudden idea come?" I asked him.

"Since the day your aunt knew that you are in California" He said and I couldn't decrypt what he said.

"Aunt?" I asked him unsure.

"My sister who moved back to Canada before even you were born. She is now living in California. She knew that you are studying in CSU and wanted to meet you so badly" He replied and I got puzzled even more.

I distinctly remember I have five aunts but all are living different parts of the world. This must be the one who spoke to me every year before I turned twenty. After which I stopped talking to them all.

"Oh. How come I didn't know about this earlier dad?" I questioned him. Knowing my dad he is a person who would want me to be with a relative miles apart rather than staying in a dorm alone.

"She wanted you to come stay with her as soon as she heard about your arrival there. But I told her that it will not be appropriate now."

"Uh huh" I told him still unsure.

"We will be spending your holidays with them for a maximum period of time and some alone time with our daughter" He said as I smiled that my jaw hurt.

"Thank you dad. I can't wait for the exams to be over" I replied to him before ending the call.

"Are you decent?" Kath knocked on the door as dropped my book over the couch near the window.

"Ha. I should be the one to ask you that" I replied sarcastically as she came and stood beside me.

She wriggled her eyebrows and gave me a smirk, "So how come you are not getting ready?" She asked as I looked at her confused.

"Huh?"

"To Zoe's home?" She asked as if she was asking me to accompany to the mall. I gave her an 'are you serious look?'.

"Come on. Zoe told me what you said. What happened? I thought you would be eager to go on with this." She asked me pulling a chair for her next to me.

"He makes me feel vulnerable Kath. And I don't like it. You know this is the first time, me Ishaani Karthik strives for something. I am falling hard for this man and he has no idea about it. And more than anything he is our godamnn professor." I finished with exasperation.

"What happened to you Ish? I though we agreed upon the fact that he is our professor and you like him even after that" Kath said as I darted my view towards the window.

"I have never seen you like this Ish. You never gave a damn for anyone who tried to fall for them. But Mr.Parker, he makes you feel the wonderful feeling isn't he? Just keep aside the fact that he is our professor. Don't you feel anything for him apart from that?" She asked as I gave a sigh. I know what the answer would be. I fell for him the first time we had the fight. It never changed even after I knew that he was my professor. I knew this was wrong but I just couldn't see him anything other than that.

All the disastrous events in class felt so bad because it happened in front of him. I didn't want him to think badly of me. I fell for him and I can't do anything about that.

"I do Kath. It's just I don't think he feels anything for me. As of him I am just a normal student who acts like an idiot infront of him" I replied pushing my face deep into the pillow I had in my lap.

She gave a sigh now, "He doesn't feel anything for you huh? Who told you that?" She asked raking my hair as I sat straight upon that.

"When did you become so dumb my baby? Are you the one who gave ideas for our friends in their courtship?" She asked laughing. Yeah that all worked when it was for someone else.

"Have you never noticed the way he looks at you? Not when you are watching him. He has the same look you have when you see him. Like..." She stopped abruptly thinking for a word.

"Huh?" I asked her.

"Like you are his" She said as I blushed deeply.

"Stop it Kath. I know you are doing this to make me feel good" I shook my head thinking how in the world he will look at me like that.

"Trust me. He is very careful not to let you know about that. I don't know why, maybe he is careful about his job. But he likes you too." She said as I thought about the impossible possibility.

"If you still have doubts let me prove it to you tonight" She said standing up.

"What?" I asked bewildered again.

"No more saggy attitude Ish. We are going to make this man open up to you" I shook my head at her.

"Come on. Trust me this once. When will you get a chance to spend time with him away from college again? We are going to let him know his feelings" She said as I feared that is what I don't want to happen.

"Now meet me at the porch within 20 minutes" She said and left the room. I stood blinking for a moment then decided to go with her idea. After all the worst that can happen is him snapping at me which is not so new. The idea of meeting him closer than two rows away made me feel jitters.

I opened up my cupboard to pick a decent outfit. After few minutes I settled myself with a peach sleeveless top and paired it with sky blue jean. I decided to wrap up my hair into a high ponytail and paired it with big bangle earrings. With a neat touch of makeup and gloss I was ready.

Kath gave me a thumbs up seeing me, "Ooo. Someone is going to have a hard time today" She said as I put on my shoes. Even though I know she said it to encourage me. I did get ready for him.

---------–––––––-----------------------------

"Finally. I thought you girls bailed on me" Zoe hugged us both tightly as we reached her home.

"Are we late?" I asked unsure of what to ask removing my coat.

"Nah. My brother and Liam are setting up the table. Come in my parents are inside. Her home was a pleasant one with light blue shades outside and dark blue on the inside. The distinct color variation made my eyes feel warmth.

Zoe took our coats as Mr. and Mrs.Parker came to greet us, "Oh this must be Kath & Ishaani right?" Mr.Parker asked and shook our hands.

"Ishaani the indian girl?" Mrs.Parker gave me hug after Kath. I nodded my head smiling. She had a lovely face which replicated the love of motherhood.

"Yes I am Mrs.Parker" My eyes kept an account of the surrounding looking out for any sudden movement from the next room.

"Zoe told us you had a great deal in letting Liam get in with us. How sweet of you" She smiled again and it was hard for me to keep my face without smiling in front of her. She had the infectious smile in her face.

"It was nothing Mrs.Parker. Thank for having us today" I said to her.

"Since you made this family you people should also be a part of this family's happiness right?" Mr.Parker beamed at us.

"We are happy to be here" Kath replied as they all sat down.

How nice and kind family Zoe have here? How come Mr.Parker gets his snapping ability from these people?

"Dinner's set" Liam popped from the kitchen and gave us a big smile.

"Oh Ishaani is here" He squeaked out loudly and gave me a wide grin.

"Good to see you like this Liam" I said standing up waving my hands at his floor filled apron. We all laughed out loud.

My big laugh stopped abruptly when another head popped out of the Kitchen. There stood my professor wearing a black shirt with cream pants. His hair was disheveled covering his eyes. The first two buttons were popped open revealing his dusky skin covered abs. I had to dart my eyes from it and look elsewhere to stop being an idiot. I gulped and turned my eyes away from him.

"Lets dive in before the cooks become angry" Mr.Parker said as we all moved towards the room. At the same time my phone started ringing in the coat.

I stopped and moved towards it to pick it. It was Ranveer. I quickly ended the call thinking what kind of disaster would happen if he knows where I am?

After slipping it in my pocket I turned to find Mr.Parker standing few feet away from me. Oh great!

He looked at me for a brief second before his face lit up and gave a small smile. I released a sigh in response.

He lifted his eyebrows in question, "Huh?" I asked him verbally for his sign question.

He moved a step forward closing the ten feet to 5 feet and my breath was becoming abnormal. Thank god Zoe came barging into the room.

"Aren't you guys joining us?" She asked with a suspicious look in her eyes.

I followed her quickly brushing him by mistake and my body took few moments to become normal. I was bewildered to see the seating arrangement, there was only two chairs left together for me and Mr.Parker.

Just great...

I sat on the chair as Zoe pushed me into that. I was aware of the fact that the chair next to me was occupied and the occupant was so careful not to touch me even by accident. I took a deep breath to avoid any comedic events from my side. This is just a dinner and I am going to finish it soon.

I was about to pick a bread stick when his legs brushed against mine and his hands grabbed the bread basket at the same time on the means grabbed my hand by mistake. I gasped and let the basket down as he turned to look at me. I bit my lip in embarrassment and blinked. His eyes looked at me intently as he created a safe distance between us.

Shit those eyes are going to be the death of me. Kath helped me by placing the lasagna on my plate and helped me held the spoons. I gave her a smile and started eating my food.

It was only after the talk came to our major's in college Mr.Parker Senior asked us the question of the night. "So girls Zach is your professor right? How do you feel about him?" I dropped my spoon and coughed as Kath nudged me.

"He is a very responsible professor" Kath replied as I just smiled.

"You Ishaani. What do you think of him?" Mrs.Parker asked suddenly looking at me.

I blinked and stiffened as his eyes darted to my face again, "Um. He is an efficient professor. All the students enjoy his sessions" I said trying to be diplomatic.

Mrs.Parker gave me a smirk, "Nobody hates him huh? That's something hard to believe" She said as I swallowed.

"Mom?" He spoke making her smile widely.

"And I am sure no girls swoon over him either" Mr.Parker senior spoke in as he gave him a shrug.

I just smiled as Zoe pitched in, "Well I don't think he ever looked at anyone like that after..." She was abruptly stopped by Mr.Parker.

"I think that's enough for today Zoe" I was shocked by the raise of his voice.

Zoe lifted her hand up in air surrendering. My thoughts wandered at what she wanted to say. What does that mean? Did Mr.Parker have any history? What am I asking of course he would have had?

Is that why he is like that to me? Maybe he knows I like him and doesn't want to do anything with me. He still has feelings for that girl. It was only after we were discussing about the events going to happen in college my mind came out of it during dessert.

"Thank you" I turned to find Liam by my side. Kath was going through the family photos in the rack with Zoe.

"You say that often" I smiled at him.

"That's for before. This is for now. For her" He was looking at Zoe who was now grinning at a picture. I saw Liam looking at her like his world was there. Gosh what a lovely couple?

"I am so happy for you guys." I said to him.

"Liam come over" Zoe called him as I nodded my head.

I turned to find everyone occupied so I left the room quietly to the front lawn which I saw while coming in. They had a beautiful garden which twinkled in the moon light.

My legs brushed the wet grass and I felt chill because of the winter breeze. Kath is going to kill me if she sees me like this. But who cares this moment feels amazing. I bent down to touch the tulip flowers in the bed along with the roses.

"I thought I would find you here" I snapped my head up to find him standing over me. His reflection in the moonlight was nothing but beautiful.

I stood up and realized the cool breeze was heavy now. Maybe because of the person next to me, "Thank you for having us today" I said trying not be rude.

"Why did you think I would be mad? He asked as if that doesn't come under probability. I nodded my head.

He laughed a real laugh this time, "I liked having you here" He said looking at my eyes.

I had to squeeze my ears to hear what he just said. I looked at his eyes to confirm what he said and yes his eyes meant it by not leaving mine.

The world around us seemed like a blur as his eyes bore into mine. I was losing the effect of breathing and the ground beneath mine cheated the rule of gravity.

This moment felt real and blissful. Me and him with no other complications. The look in his eyes as Kath said was there.

I was ready to give my whole heart to him whatever the consequence maybe.

"Ishaani?" We both turned in daze to find Ranveer standing few feet away from us.

Oh shit...

----------------------------------------------------

Hello lovelies...

No more fake promises to update periodically okay. Pinky promise.

I would try and update on a regular basis. And thank you all for your comments and likes for CLHT.

So how was today's episode? Please do vote and comment.

Love ya all

Sizzlingblacky

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.3K 527 19
Their first collision became the cause of their immense HATE towards each other. But something was there buried deep within their HEART, which led to...
2.7M 119K 132
Story of an average looking indian girl fighting with her own demons until our hero enters She has insecurities which she couldn't share with others...
16K 2.3K 18
In every relationship, There's going to be arguments, fights, smile, tears, upside down. Things said out of anger, mad exes, attitude and jealousy. B...
1.7K 358 10
Love taking its turns from friends to lovers, parallel couples with different stories awaiting to feel the love . In spite of being the best friends...