Alone Together...

By STAY-CALM-IM-HERE

First waking up in the body of a character in Naruto, then meeting their inner personality was never a good t... More

The New Beginning
Getting Used To This World
Crazy First Day
Lessons On Etiquette
First Day Of Training
Revelations and Goals
The Bakery and The Encounters
Insecurities
Convenient Trip
Better Days
Guilt
Finally Home
Again
Ramen and Cookies
Getting Caught
Memorial Stone
The Game
Five In One Day
The Rain
Seriously Scary
Suspicion and Ninja Games
Unexpected Sleepover
Truth's Told
ISSA BAD BITCH B-DAY!!!
Not Expected
Believe In Me
Overload
Finally Friends
First Fight
HEY GUYS!!!
Apprenticeship
Normality
The Academy
The Betrayal
All The Colors
Scroll of Sealing
Bell Test
The Wave Mission Part 1
The Wave Mission Part 2
The Wave Mission Part 3
I Remember You
Probation and Training
Forget About Everything
FALSE.
Change In Plans
It Has Begun
The Chunin Exam's Part 1
The Chunin Exam's Part 2
The Chunin Exam's Part 3
The Chunin Exam's Part 4
The Chunin Exam's Part 5
First Kill

The Real Sakura

6.6K 332 92
By STAY-CALM-IM-HERE

Sakura's POV

My sight was greeted by a ridiculous amount of white. There was white on everything around me. Because of my medic-nin basic training, I knew I was in the hospital. I groaned when I tried to move my hand and I felt a shock of pain travel through it. My whole body felt bruised and battered.

'That's right...this is all Zabuza's doing.' I thought as I recalled what happened yesterday.

"Good, you're up." I turned and found Reiko with a clipboard in hand and scrutinizing me. I sat up with a struggle and looked up at her again.

"Is Naruto okay?" I asked and watched her set down the clipboard with a laugh.

"That's the first thing I imagined you would ask. Naruto is fine, and sleeping in the room beside yours. He suffered a concussion and some other injures that have already been taken care of." Reiko informed as she sat on a chair beside the bed.

I nodded and looked down at my hands on my lap.

"Will we be okay to leave soon?" I asked and watched her send me a sympathetic smile.

"You Genin work too hard...but yes, you will be able to leave in a few hours. Naruto, however, has to stay for the day." Reiko stated and stood up to retrieve her clip board.

Normal POV

"Alright." Sakura said and laid back down to rest until she was released. Reiko looked at Sakura for a good few seconds before turning towards the doors.

"I'll come back to give you your final check-up and then you can go." Reiko said and left the room with a wave goodbye.

~*oOo*~

"Good morning Reiko-san! Will you still be taking your day off today and tomorrow?" A nurse asked. Reiko smiled and nodded.

"That's right. I merely came to check up on some patients by Lord Hokage's request. I will be leaving after his apprentice is released from the hospital. Yuki will then watch over Naruto." Reiko explained and received a nod from the nurse.

"Then I hope you have a good rest. You deserve it from all the work you put in the hospital!" The nurse stated as she looked at the older women with respect.

"Thank you, and I will." She said and both continued on with their current duties.

Reiko walked the halls of the hospital and passed by many nurses who offered their greetings. She returned them casually, but had her mind occupied with other thoughts.

'She's progressing too quickly...If she keeps this up, he will start to get interested.' Reiko thought with a deep frown as she entered her office.

~*oOo*~

'I could of sworn that I would feel a lot worse when I woke up.' Sakura thought as she looked out the open window.

"That's because I was slowly healing up your wounds...Of course, you could have done a much faster job at it, but I'm glad I could help." Inner stated with a happy smile. Sakura smiled gratefully and stretched out her sore limbs.

'Thanks, you did a great job...but I though our chakra had been depleted?' Sakura thought as she tilted her head.

"I though so too. I tested out our chakra in our reserves before I would use the chakra in the weights; and I found it to be a good amount." Inner stated. Sakura nodded and concentrated on her chakra. It was small and hardly re-charged.

'It has barely charged up.' Sakura thought.

"What are you talking about? It feels pretty charged up to me." Inner stated with a confused look. Sakura frowned and tried to concentrate on her chakra once more.

'Inner, I only feel half of my reserves charged up...wait...do something with the chakra you feel.' Sakura stated with an idea formulating in her mind.

"What do you want me to do?" Inner asked in confusion.

'It doesn't matter...anything.' Sakura thought as she tried to concentrate on her chakra and anything else within her body.

A small spike of chakra was felt, however, it wasn't used up from her reserves like it should have.

'Inner...are you doing something different?' Sakura asked as she felt her cut on her arm knit together slowly.

"No, just the usual. Why?" She asked as she finished healing the cut. Sakura opened her eyes in shock and shook her head.

'Okay, hold on. Tell me if you feel anything different with your chakra.' Sakura instructed as she focused on healing a small cut from her arm.

"No. I didn't feel anything." Inner stated as she opened her eyes from her concentration.

'I think...we have separate reserves...' Sakura stated in surprise.

"...WHAT?!" Inner asked in shock and confusion.

'Yeah, how else would you explain this?' Sakura thought as she imagined all the possible things that could happen because of this new information.

'That also explains why my chakra felt strangely low when you had taken over the clone and then grew when you returned inside my mind.' Sakura explained.

"But how will we make sure that's what it is?" Inner asked. Sakura smiled and looked back out the window.

'Today, during practice. We will use the chakra that you can use and see if mine stays the same.' Sakura suggested. Inner nodded in excitement.

"Great idea!" Inner exclaimed.

'Just a few more hours and we'll be let go.' Sakura stated and laid back down. She closed her eyes and felt the soft spring breeze tousle her long hair and lull her to sleep.

~*oOo*~

Voices, Sakura was sure she could hear them. They were muffled but the voices had only two tones. Meaning only two people were speaking. She wasn't sure if she was dreaming or awake.

Warm sensations were also felt on different parts of her body at different times. It didn't hurt, but it felt like something was being pushed inside of her.

Everytime her head ached, they talked, her mind would flood with thoughts, not of her own.

"Make sure that you do not get caught. It'll only bring him more trouble with his upcoming plans." A male voice spoke out, which made his voice reverberate.

"You don't have to worry. No one will suspect me with my position in the village." This voice belonged to a female by the distinct difference in sound.

This conversation didn't sound good, almost as if it was a secret meeting. Before Sakura could think any further, she got an image of a snake. It appeared suddenly and she knew now that this wasn't a dream. These were memories.

Her shocked viridian eyes opened and stared up to those of Reiko. Her hands stopped mid way to her wrist and her smile appeared on her face.

"Sorry, did I scare you? I was only checking your vitals before you could be dismissed." Reiko explained as she let go of Sakura's bare hands.

Sakura nodded and glanced down to her hands which were gloveless.

'So they were Reiko's memories?!' Sakura thought in shock as she remembered the conversation and connected the dots.

"Could Reiko be...!" Inner stopped her sentence and closed her eyes.

Sakura gulped nervously and looked at the back of Reiko as she scribbled on the clipboard.

'This is no coincidence, the image of the snake just fueled my suspicion. We have to face the fact...Reiko may be working as a spy for Orochimaru.' Sakura thought as she shook her head from the headache that hit her.

"Are you okay?" Reiko asked worriedly. She reached with her green glowing hand and Sakura felt her chakra go inside her forehead and probe inside. Before she knew what she was doing, Reiko's hand was pushed away by a small blast of chakra.

Both their eyes widened in shock.

"Sorry...I didn't mean to..." Sakura stated and watched as Reiko shook her head.

"It's okay. I've dealt with similar cases where the patient's chakra rejects the doctor's." Reiko explain. Sakura nodded and knew that Inner didn't have anything to do with it. She was getting paranoid with the thought of Reiko being an enemy within Konoha...and her chakra must have inadvertently acted on her instinct.

"Anyways Sakura, you're good to go. Just sign out at the front desk." Reiko informed and Sakura nodded.

"Reiko-san, where are my clothes?" Sakura asked as she looked around.

"Oh yes, here you go." She said as she walked over to the sofa in front of the room. A bag was picked up and brought over.

"Thank you." Sakura said and received the bag. Her hands made contact with Reiko's and she saw a form. It was male by the figure it possessed, and light reflected off where his eyes should be.

'Glasses?...Kabuto!' Sakura thought in panic as they both pulled away. Reiko left the room and Sakura was left alone.

Sakura's POV

'This can't be happening! Why did she have to be a spy? Inner what should we do?' I thought in a rush.

"I don't know...Should we tell Shishou?" Inner asked.

'Yeah, I think that's for the best...but I don't know what her purpose is! What will she do in the invasion?...Or did the timeline already begin to change drastically?' I thought with worry. Quickly, I jumped off the bed and quickly changed into the black three-quarter pants and navy blue tee-shirt I had worn yesterday. I hardly cared that it was still full of rips and tears. I ran out of the room, not even fixing my hair just leaving it down.

As soon as I signed out, I ran out in the direction of the tower.

~*oOo*~

'Shishou has unknown company?' I decided not to knock on the door yet. I felt someone inside with him and I was wondering who it could be. I leaned on the window and waited for them to finish talking.

After five minutes of waiting, the door opened and Hiruzen stepped out followed by Gaara's sensei, Baki. I straightened up and noticed the quick glance they both threw my way.

"I do hope you enjoy your stay and have everything ready for the Chunin Exams." Hiruzen stated with a smile and then turned towards me.

"Baki, let me introduce you. This is my apprentice, Sakura Haruno." Hiruzen introduced. I held his gaze for a few seconds before bowing slightly in respect.

"Hello. It is nice to meet a Jonin sensei from Suna." I greeted and watched him nod in return.

"Being that you are Hiruzen's student, who has been without one in quite some time, ninja's even in Suna have heard of you." Baki stated and I smiled and nodded in appreciation at his notice.

"I wasn't aware of that." I said and looked over to Hiruzen.

"Since you two have something to talk about, I will take my leave." Baki stated with a bow. I copied the action but didn't bow as low. I didn't fully bow to anyone but Hiruzen or someone who deserved the same respect.

"Have a good day." Hiruzen said and I walked inside his office, Hiruzen following behind.

"How are you feeling?" Hiruzen asked and I smiled.

"I'm alright. Who told you about it?" I asked as I sat on the sofa near the window.

"Zabuza himself did. Your team and I even went to visit you two in the hospital." He said and I nodded.

"Is there something wrong?" I asked when he looked through some scrolls with a frown.

"I have to meet up with a messenger from the fire daimyo but I have no time." He said and I tilted my head.

"The Daimyo? I could go if you want. He'll probably send someone I know, since I've met a few with you. And I'm your apprentice so there shouldn't be a problem." I said and shrugged when he raised his eyebrow.

"If you don't mind, that would help greatly." He said and I stood from the sofa.

"You're busy. It's understandable when the Chunin Exam's are coming up." I said and walked up to his desk. He sighed and leaned back on his chair.

"Things are piling up from not only the exams." Hiruzen mumbled. Hearing that made me remember what I had come here for. I took off my glove and reached for his hand.

"I have some important news that I have just acquired." I said and watched him nod.

"I have high suspicions of the head medic of the hospital, Reiko. I will transfer what I saw and heard to you." I said and concentrated along with Inner to transfer the memories.

When I finished, he sighed and had a look of disappointment flicker in his eyes. At times like this, I could really see how stress out he was.

"I will have her be watched by Genma." He said and I pulled my hand back. It was for the best that an ANBU watch her.

"By the way, when were you going to tell me that Mikoto was in the ANBU?" I said and crossed my arms.

Hiruzen smiled and leaned forward to prop his elbows on the desk.

"When did you find out?" Hiruzen asked as he set his chin on his intertwined fingers.

"When we came back from the Land of Waves. I just forgot to talk to you about it." I said and sighed.

"I was completely baffled when I sensed her and came face to face with a mask." I said and turned to him when he chuckled.

"I'm sure you were surprised. I was too when she asked to return to the field." He said as he swirled his chair to look outside the windows.

"Wait, return?" I asked in astonishment. I walked over to stand beside him and took a seat on the window sill across from him.

"Before Itachi...no, before she even got married, she was in the shinobi roster as an ANBU. Her specialty was, is in espionage and she is one of the best. Once she got married, as requested of all women who married into the Uchiha clan, they would stay home with the children." Hiruzen explained. I hummed at the interesting information that was being revealed to me.

"So I take it no one knows it's her?" I asked and noted his smile.

"That's right. As an espionage ANBU ninja, she has to hide her identity even more then regular ANBU." Hiruzen stated.

"That made sense. If she wasn't good at hiding her identity, her enemies would easily find her." Inner said and I nodded.

"I'm actually very impressed that you were able to sense her chakra signature, while others couldn't. But I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, what with your ability." Hiruzen stated. I smiled and hopped off the sill.

"Alright, so what do I do with the messenger?" I asked. He smiled and turned towards his desk, retrieving a scroll.

~*oOo*~

"Alright, our first solo mission!" Inner shouted as I jumped out of my bedroom window and onto the roof's of the building's.

'It's a small one, so nothing should go wrong...I hope.' I said as I put on my haori.

I snapped my head to the side so I could see behind me. Following my track behind me was Kakashi and Genma.

I stopped on a roof and waited for them to catch up.

"Sakura-chan, you're finally out of the hospital." Genma said as he ruffled my hair. Since my hair was down from my quick shower, I didn't bother to stop him. It was much easier to fix when it was down anyways.

"Why in such a rush Sakura?" Kakashi asked as Genma moved away and I began to fix my hair.

"I'm going on a mission, and before you say anything sensei, it was Shishou who asked. So don't worry, I have his permission." I said and watched him cross his arms.

"Weren't you even going to inform your team?" He asked and I looked away. I hadn't even thought of that. I just wanted to finish the mission quickly.

"I figured I would be back before anyone realized..." I said and watched him sigh.

"Even so Sakura-chan, you should still inform your team." Genma stated. I sighed and nodded.

"I promise to tell you exactly where I'm going everyday sensei...unless it's classified..." I added in the last part quickly and I watched him frown.

"What else could be classified between us?" Kakashi asked and he along with Genma stared at me with curiosity and something else...hope? Did they expect me to blab about my secret's?

"Well...there's just things that should stay to oneself..." I said, trying to get myself out of this situation. Kakashi, however, wasn't one to give up when he wanted answers...if the persistent narrowing of his eye was anything to go by.

"Sakura, a Jonin instructor is placed on a team not only to train the future protectors of the village, but to be there for their students when they need help." Kakashi informed. He was making it difficult to lie to him. There was only on way I could think about getting out of this situation...and it would be awkward.

"That's sweet...but unless you're a woman instructor, I'd rather not." I said and avoided eye contact with them. A long and insufferable silence fell upon us which was causing my anxiety to rise. After he seemed to understand the meaning behind my words, he blinked his eyes and then cleared his throat.

I turned away after giving them a glance. If I didn't, I'm sure my plan would be ruined by my laughter. Their awkwardness was hilarious. I took a few slow breaths and then turned to look at them.

"It's not like I'm trying to be rude...but I need to get going. Oh, and Genma-san, Shishou is going to be asking for your assistance soon. So...see ya." I said turning and jumping over roofs towards the village gates, wondering if I should have acted more embarrassed.

'Oh well...nothing I can do about it now.' I said.

"To think you would bring that up! Their expression's were priceless!" Inner stated followed by a roaring laughter. I sighed and shook my head to rid myself of her echoing chortles that would end up being contagious.

~*oOo*~

Normal POV

They watched as Sakura's long hair fluttered behind her until she was too far away.

"Has she always been like that? So bold at lying to her superiors?" Gemma asked as he fiddled with the Senbon on his lips.

"Hmm, she's been lying more often, but she does end up telling us the truth. However, there seems to be something that's she's trying to hide from not only us but even Hokage." Kakashi said as he straightened up.

"Her excuses always seem to be desperately made up on the spot when anyone seems to get close to that particular topic. I've had a few conversations with Lord Hokage about it, but he trusts her and believes she will tell us when she's ready." He said and Genma nodded.

He knew by experience with situations like this one, that Sakura didn't care what it took, she would try anything to change topics. And she just proved his fact by her response today. Normally, any girl would act shy or embarrassed after saying what she just said, but Sakura merely had an expression of anxiousness, like as if she didn't want to be questioned any further.

Before the conversation could continue, a presence appear behind them. Hayate, in his ANBU attire stood behind them. A soft cough heard even from their distance to gain their attention.

"Gemma, you are to report to the Hokage tower. He needs you on an assignment." Hayate informed and Gemma waved his hand.

"Yeah, I know. I was on my way." He said as he remembered Sakura's words from earlier.

"Her skills seem to be improving." He said as he glanced at Kakashi. Hayate stayed silent in confusion at their conversation.

"Yeah, another thing to worry about." Kakashi mumbled.

~*oOo*~

Sakura's POV

'Okay, the most trouble we'll have on this mission is getting to and finding the messenger. Unfortunately, with my lack of directional sense, I'll have to rely heavily on sensing chakra presences nearby.' I said as I dodged a branch. I decided to move quickly so I could find him faster, but due to the speed, everything was a blur.

"I'll help out!" Inner cheerfully volunteered. I nodded and did the sign for the Shadow Clone Jutsu. Two clones flanked me until I instructed them to go in opposite directions.

'I still can't believe they didn't say where the exact location they were meeting was going to take place in.' I said as I jumped down to the ground and took to travelling by foot.

"It's okay. Well find him eventuality! Plus we have to do good in order for Shishou to acknowledge our skill and give us more freedom to move around." Inner stated.

'Yeah but he won't let us do dangerous things on our own.' I said and sighed at the remembrance of the hour long lecture.

~*oOo*~

It took us a whole hour to complete the mission, but two to get it officially done.

The first thirty minutes were spent getting to the location they said he would be in. The other half hour was spent looking for the actual guy. A clone found him ten minutes away from the area they had stated...and he got himself into quite the predicament.

The messenger had not been anyone who I knew. It was a new guy and I suppose he thought the ninja's that had him tied up now, were the ones to receive the message.

There was three and they were about borderline Genin and Chunin by the amount of chakra they had.

I kept my distance and bit my thumb. Slamming it on the ground, I called out the name of the jutsu and waited for the smoke to clear.

"Sakura-chan!" Shouted two out of three summons cutely. I smiled and patted each of their heads, even the grumpy Mamoru.

I picked each one and made them face the direction of the messenger.

"Do you see that man over there? He holds a message that must be delivered to Shishou. You guys need to help me save him." I said.

"Tell us what to do." Hideki, the one with the most leadership qualities asked.

"Masumi, you will cast a genjutsu onto the rouge-nin. Hideki and Mamoru will help me get the messenger safely and just incase we need to take action with them.

"Alright!" They all chorused, even Mamoru, who in my opinion only wanted to fight.

Smiling down at them one last time, I stood and allowed them to scurry up my arms and place themselves in their favorite spots. Mamoru stood confidently on my right shoulder while Hideki the left. Masumi was on my head holding onto my hitaite.

Since they were still young, they had to practice and learn their skills just like me. Masumi could cast great Genjutsu's, but she needed to make direct eye contact. She informed me cheerfully that she would practice hard so she didn't need to have direct eye contact. I supported her and was even willing to help with whatever way I could. I understood that everyone had to start somewhere and practice rigorously to accomplish what they wanted.

"Alright, let's go." I said and jumped towards the small field they where in. I burst through the foliage and was glad that they were alert enough to take out kunai and prepare for a fight. They wouldn't be competent ninja's without quick reflexes. They were rouge-nin from the mist by the insignia on their headbands.

"Who the hell are you?!" One shouted but his narrowed eyes soon widened in surprise. I didn't even have to ask, I could feel the chakra all around, concluding that Masumi had casted her genjutsu. They all hit the ground and wriggled around on the ground trying to swipe at whatever was all over their bodies.

"What did you show them?" I asked as I heard one rather high pitched scream.

"Nothing too bad. Just bees stinging them...I got the idea from that bee!" Masumi said innocently. I took a look at where she pointed and sweat-dropped nervously. The bee she was talking about was a really poisonous one.

When I wasn't attacked in the span of five seconds, I quickly made my way towards the messenger. He jumped in surprise and turned, his eyes wide with shock. I smiled reassuringly and bowed down slightly in greeting and so he could see the insignia of my headband.

He relaxed and allowed me to untie his limbs and unclothed his mouth.

"We will move and pick a different direction to proceed with the exchange." I said and turned around while whipping out a kunai. My weapon hit the enemies kunai away.

I noticed that the three ninja were still wriggling in shock on the ground.

'That means...they're are others around...' I thought as I swiftly looked around. Why can't I sense them?

I deflected two other kunai and threw two of my own towards the direction the kunai came from. I added enough chakra to do enough damage to render them immobile but wouldn't kill them.

When I heard a grunt from the left side, Inner created a clone to rush over towards it while I focused on my surroundings.

"W-What's g-going on?!" The messenger said from behind me.

"It'll be fine. Just don't move." I instructed and waited for any signs of movement.

'One...Two...Three-!' I mentally counted and stopped abruptly ducking down and taking the messenger down to the ground with me. A huge trunk of a tree came swinging down above us.

I tried to hear where the ninja moved next but the guy's panic-filled screaming wasn't helping.

'Won't this guy shut up?!' I thought as I sat up in a crouch.

"Kazumi! I've got one!" Inner informed. Now there was only one left. I closed my eyes and tried to concentrate on a chakra where the trap came from.

I opened my eyes and lunged towards the location I instantly felt the small chakra spike. It felt like a small droplet of water that escaped the faucet.

I gathered chakra to my fist and punched. The guy was obviously good at sensing and suppressing his chakra, if my hand stuck in a tree trunk was any indication.

"Take this!" A very high pitched voice shouted behind me. I looked behind me and I smiled at what I saw. Mamoru kicked the man who had been apparently about to attack me.

The rouge-nin was sent flying and I had to turn to my right to see that Hideki had finished him off by using a trap made of the earth's ground.

"Thanks guy's." I said as I pulled my hand back and winced at the scratches all over it.

I walked over to the messenger who looked about ready to pee in his pants. He trembled and sniffled with unshed tears.

"Everything's okay. You don't need to worry." I reassured and watched him look around worriedly. When the cost was clear, he pulled out the scroll and practically shoved it in my face.

'How rude.' I thought and looked at the scroll in my hand to verify that it was the one. I sighed in relief and got the scroll in my holster out and extended my hand over to him. He grabbed the scroll, told me that everything the Hokage needed to know was inside the scroll and ran.

So now I was in this field by myself. With unconscious rouge-nin and all this mess I would have to clean up...I slumpped forward and sighed tiredly.

"How fun..." I mumbled as I walked around to gather up all the bodies. Thankfully, inner was inside the clone so she helped move the bodies.

We dog-piled them together and I sealed them up right after. Then I picked up all the weapons which made me realize that watching and actually doing the fighting was so different. In the anime/manga, the characters would fight and then the winner would be on his merry way.

Now that I'm here, I couldn't just be on my merry way like I would want to be. No, I had to clean up the scene so no evidence was found and no civilians would get hurt. It was a pain, but a reasonable one. Weapon's weren't cheap, and the safety of the civilians was also something to think about.

"Thanks again guy's. You all did a great job on our first solo mission." I said once I began my trek back home. All three little monkeys smiled with content, until Mamoru realized what he was doing. He frowned with a slight blush on his small face as he crossed his arms.

"I didn't do it for you! I was just getting tired of seeing you miss. I was just trying to show you how it was done!" Mamoru stated only to whine when Masumi wacked him on the head.

"Be nice! Sakura-chan, we are glad to be of help to you!" Masumi said with a cherry voice. I smiled down at them and nodded. They said their goodbye's and poofed away.

~*oOo*~

"Finally! We're back!" Inner exclaimed and I chuckled at her exaggerated tone. I could now see the gates and sighed in relief. Once we delivered the scroll, training would have to start. Only a week was left before the exams and many things were piling up.

I looked at the cuts on my hand and closed my eyes. I concentrated on healing the cuts so I wouldn't worry anyone.

~*oOo*

Normal POV

Passing the gates, Sakura stopped abruptly when a familiar presence went passed her. She didn't even hesitate when she changed directions and followed the person.

'Inner, make a clone and go give the report to Shishou so he won't worry.' Sakura thought as she let go of her half healed hand. No one could tell but her if she was still injured since the gloves covered the left over small ones.

"Will you be okay? I don't want to think that Gaara would hurt you...but from what I've seen, at this time he was pretty unstable." Inner said worriedly.

'It'll be fine. He won't hurt me.' Sakura reassured calmly.

A poof appeared beside Sakura and a clone appeared with a worried look.

"Good luck." Inner said from the control of the clone.

"You too." Sakura stated. They jumped off the branch they had just landed on and went their separate ways.

'I wonder if going into a forest with a possibly unstable kid was a good idea...Oh well.' Sakura thought as she speed up.

A few minutes of following Gaara into one of the many deep forest of Konoha, they had finally stopped. Sakura made sure she was on alert just in case anything happened. She needed to tread carefully from here.

She stood still in the field he had chosen and looked around to observe her surroundings. She moved her hair out of the way as it fluttered in all directions because of the wind. Her useless attempts stopped when she noticed Gaara's strange movements.

"Gaara...is something wrong?" Sakura asked, not daring to take a step closer.

"You are not Sakura." He said over the noise of the nature around them. Sakura raised an eyebrow and tried to think of what to say.

"Sakura died. I...killed her." He said and Sakura finally realized what he was talking about.

"That's not true Gaara. I'm right here." Sakura stated in all honesty. Gaara turned around to face Sakura and the look on his face caused her to freeze in place.

He was angry, no furious in Sakura's opinion...but his eyes held sadness and confusion.

"You are not the real Sakura!" He shouted and the wind seemed to pick up around her, only to realize that it contained his sand.

'Damn it Gaara! Not now!' Sakura thought as she jumped back and missed a swipe at her ankles.

"Gaara stop and listen to me! Just because Shukaku was unleashed that night, doesn't mean it was your fault!" Sakura said as she ran away from the sand. She chanced a glance at Gaara and was shocked to see him gripping his head.

'Is Shukaku speaking to him?!' Sakura thought worriedly. She was jerked upwards by the ankle. Sand enveloped it and gripped onto it tightly. The whole thing had distorted and messed up her thoughts she was merely moving her arms around. If she didn't do anything, he would use his Sand Coffin on her ankle and then it would be too damaged for anyone but Tsunade to fix.

"Stop Gaara! You're too confused!" Sakura screamed out and gasped when Gaara let go of his head and looked up at her.

"Don't act as if you know me!" Gaara shouted as he raised his hand towards her direction.

'As far as he's concerned, I'm not Sakura and only someone who may look like her. To him, it must be hurting him to see someone who looks like the person they think they killed.' Sakura thought sadly as she looked at her ankle. If she wanted to counter his attack, then she would have to act quickly.

She took out chakra from the weight that the sand was enveloping and made a layer over her skin. She looked up, or down to Gaara, waiting to see his hand move. They held each others gaze unyieldingly and the frown on his face was what triggered her fast reaction. Not even looking down to his hand, she pushed out all the chakra which pushed against the sand.

It was unbearably hot by the friction of the two chakra's, but Sakura couldn't stop, or her leg would be useless. A new person came bursting in the field, chakra fluctuating worriedly.

"Gaara stop! What are you doing to Sakura?!" Temari asked as she looked at the scene in worry. Her voice seemed to snap a reaction from him as his sand pulled back and Sakura was falling towards the ground. She flipped herself and landed rather roughly on the ground.

Silence overcame the field and the moment Gaara disappeared in a swirl of sand, things seemed to move again.

"Sakura...I'm sorry he's just..." Temari began not knowing what to say as she looked at her ankle sadly.

"It's okay Temari. I know he's dealing with a lot right now...just, please go to him and stay by his side until he calms down." Sakura said as she moved her leg so it was away from Temari's view.

"Okay, but will you be okay?" She asked worriedly. Sakura smiled and nodded.

"Don't worry about me...and it's best if you don't bring me up. He believes that I'm not the one he knew, because he killed me?" Sakura finished in confusion, since Temari wasn't aware that she knew Shukaku was inside of him.

"Yeah, I'm sorry Sakura. I didn't mean for things to be like this." Temari said and Sakura nodded.

When Temari was out of the field, Sakura fell to the ground. Her adrenaline gone and replaced by fatigue and pain.

"It's burned severely." Sakura said as she looked down at her ankle. Burn marks were on her skin and her breathing was labored. Even after being injured, Sakura didn't resent him. Just thinking of what could possibly be going on in his mind, made her unable to fault him.

Hey guy's! Hope you liked it and understand Gaara's attitude with the whole situation. The next chapter will contain a continuation of this as well as last minute training. Then after that, the Chunin Exams should be commencing. 

💖💖LOVE AND KISSES😘😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.3K 832 30
Hinata was always strong, but just didn't know it. Her family is keeping a secret from her that she'll find out soon enough.One day she found out tha...
Fragile By aaa

Fanfiction

84.1K 3.6K 17
H/U Series: 1 [Haruno] [COMPLETED] The beginning. fragΒ·ile /ˈfrajΙ™l,ˈfraˌjΔ«l/ adjective (of an object) easily broken or damaged. Sakura Haruno was ti...
492K 19.2K 63
Haruno Sakura, it is the name of a kunoichi that has been seen weak her whole life. She's been left behind by the one she loved at the age of 14. Bec...
20.5K 751 16
A young woman from the 21th century dies on a tragedic accident while going home. The world she once knew was slowly disappearing on sight. When her...