The Six Month Contract

By Sadaf3232

*Book 1 of 'The Six Month Contract' Series* Sky Calanharo has it all, a luxurious life with enough peace and... More

The Deal
Mr Hamilton
Say Yes
I Now Pronounce You Husband And Wife
Sleeping Arrangements
It's All An Act
Say You Care
Snoop While You Can
Good Things Happen Under The Rain
Meet The Parents
A Drunk Sky Is A Good Sky
The Truth Is So Much Better Than The Lie
What Happens In The Office, Stays In The Office
Who Loves Who?
So This Is How It Started
What A Mess!
Wet and Sick
Surprise!
Kiss and Make Up
Reverse
Misunderstandings...
Revenge Sweet Revenge
Date Or Play
I Love You
Peace And Quiet
Bet Number Two
And The Winner is...
The Truth
Happy Anniversary
Careful Rocky!
What Are You Hiding?
Naked Part Two
Guns and Roses
Sacrifice
Save Her Soul
White Sheets
Memory Lane
One Brother Bled, The Other Brother You Should Dread
The Brothers Play Revenge
Don't Fall In Love
One Day. Two Day. Three Day. Four
Come Home, Sky
Must You Lie
It's Going To Be A Long Drive
Dont Break My Heart
New Morning, New Rules
The Perfect Family
The Dreadful Truth
A New Day, A New Beginning
They Are Watching You
Dead or Alive
Its All Over
Book 2

Not So Harsh Sister-In-Law

17.2K 640 9
By Sadaf3232

Yesterday was awkward between Rocky and I. It's almost like his playful demeanour had disappeared and I sort of miss it. He was distant and barely speaking unless spoken to. He wasn't rude or arrogant though, he just didn't seem like the Rocky I had known since I agreed to the contract.

I fidget with my fingers, a bad habit. I look up the stairs, to the door on our left and the backyard behind the lounge I'm sitting on. Daniella isn't here and I don't know why I'm so nervous to see her. Probably because I assume she hates my guts. She did have a little dig at me yesterday, if you could call that a dig.

The Hamiltons are bloody rich to put it nicely. Daniella lives with her parents but they're away on vacation so she's the only one home. Well not entirely if you include the countless butlers and maids around the house.

"Hey," a voice calls out behind me as Daniella walks in from the backyard. She removes her sunglasses and places them on the entry hall table as she makes her way over to me.

She hugs me and I attempt to hug her back. My interaction a bit frozen due to her changed behaviour.

She sits beside me. "I'm glad you could make it," she says. "There's so much to talk about. I couldn't possibly say those things in front of the boys."

I nod but am terrified. What on earth does she have in mind? "I'm glad you asked me over then."

Daniella smiles and then sighs. The maid offers me coffee and I take it politely as I rest it on my knee.

"Look," she says. "Rocky is a good guy. I know you have your doubts. I remember in high school you told that blond friend of yours that you'd never date a guy like Rocky because he had slept with every girl possible and that was disgusting."

I frown not liking where this is going. "That was a..."

She cuts me off. "I wasn't done. He might have a reputation but doesn't mean he's that person," she says taking a deep breath. "You know he's never brought a girl home except you. That one time in high school, you were the first and only girl he brought home."

I nod not knowing what else to say. It's weird talking to his sister about this.

"Three years ago, a girl stepped into his life. A model who was working for his company. At that time, Rocky had left town and was staying at a small cottage near your place because he wanted to rekindle things with you. He attempted so many times to talk to you but he couldn't. Apparently he saw you make your way home late one night with a guy," Daniella says. "That is none of our business but Rocky got so drunk that night that he drove his way back to town officially knowing you guys didn't have a chance. That model, she had tried pursuing him for one year. She had saw him that night and tried to help him out of the car. She had other things in mind and insisted he stay at her place since he was drunk. When he got in the car to drive home, she forcefully got in. Rocky smashed the car at the front of his house on the bricked wall."

My heart stops. "The girl?"

"She was hospitalised and so was Rocky. She made it out alive but told everyone that Rocky had forced her in the car. She told the media that they were a couple and had been for a whole year."

I remember Rocky calling me once. He told me that he'd like if we could meet but I refused because I had seen an article on this model chick he was dating, who also happened to be pregnant and I didn't want to just be another number.

"They were rumours," Daniella says. "He was in a coma for four months and once he came out of it, everything was already spread. The model ended up being pregnant and she said it was his child. She said she was five months pregnant by the time he came out of the coma. But how does that work? He was in a coma for four months and and the two months before that he was out of the country. Only the last two weeks before the accident did he return but he was in your town, four hours away from his place."

"And that girl?" I ask.

"She's gone. Ran off with some millionaire and had an abortion," she says. "Anyways that's why Rocky is the way he is. He still cannot forgive himself for driving drunk and all because he saw you with a guy. He hates that you make him feel like that."

"Why are you telling me this?"

"Because I know that you and Rocky are in a six month contract. He tells me everything. I'm the only one who knows, but I really want this to work and I really want you to go up to him and tell him that you don't want six months but you want eternity with him or some mushy crap."

"So can you be honest then?" I ask.

Daniella lifts her eyebrows in confusion. "Isn't that what I've been the whole time."

"Why did Rocky want to marry me but only for six months?"

"Because he loves you. It's so obvious that I'm shocked you still have no idea. He knew you'd never give him a chance with everything you knew and heard. You'd never date him out of your own will, so he had no choice. When your family business got in trouble, he had to use a contract to get you to spend time with him."

"So this is all so I can spend time with him."

Daniella nods.

"Why were you so nervous at the party then?" I ask.

Daniella frowns. "Because my brother has been through a lot. He's been hurt too many times and most of those times were because of you and you had no idea. Can't really blame you but I thought maybe, just maybe he'd get hurt again so I was slightly mad with you," she tells me bluntly. "But after that party, when you were home and well, I was changing your clothes, we talked. Me and drunk you talked. You're so right for my brother it's crazy."

I dip my head. "What did I say?"

"Doesn't matter," she says. "Turns out you both have some raw emotions for one another and no one wants to take the first leap. So I'm pushing my brother in the deep end by letting you know that he loves you. Not crush, not like, but actually loves you."

I freeze. I somehow forget to form words in my mouth. I have no idea what to say. "That won't fix anything."

Daniella looks at me in confusion. "Why not?" She asks. "You both like each other but are worried of getting hurt. Now that you know Rocky actually has genuine feelings for you then why don't you make it work."

Frowning, I look Daniella dead set in the eyes. "Because that's not how it works. What happens after this six month ends?"

"Nothing," Daniella responds.

I shake my head. "It's a contract, Daniella. Legally after six months our marriage is over."

---------------

Rocky is in the living room flicking through files when I walk in. Talking to Daniella was a reality check. Apparently when I'm drunk and only when I'm drunk do I want to do some nasty things with Rocky or perhaps feel like I may like him. When I'm sober, who knows how I feel.

I don't know how it all changed. We used to be friends in primary school, and in high school we sort of went our own ways. He was the most wanted boy and I was that girl who barely existed. Rocky would acknowledge me and therefore people sometimes paid attention but only cause Rocky paid attention. I think I was the one who backed away. Once news went around that he had been with practically all the girls in our year and a few who were not in our year, I felt disgusted. Why? Well I have no idea. Perhaps because I knew I liked him. Towards year twelve and graduation, I actually thought I hated him. Even to the point of graduation where I slept with him just to see how it would go. Wanting to end graduation with just a fling. I was so sure my hate for him would grow but all that did was make me realise that perhaps I never really did hate him.

Rocky signs a document and hands it over to his assistant. "I'll be in the office tomorrow to sort it out."

I wait for the assistant to grab the document from Rocky and also grab the others sitting on the coffee table before leaving. He gives me a subtle nod of acknowledgement as he heads for the couch by his desk.

Taking a seat beside Rocky, I watch with a questioned look. "What?" He says when he notices me staring.

Looking down at my feet, I frown. Why do I make it so obvious?

"What was that all about?"

"Working from home, Sky," he says. "I'm sure you're familiar with the term."

I stick my tongue out at him but as soon as he looks at me, I twist my head in the opposite direction. "Some might say I'm familiar, yes."

"Did you just stick your tongue out at me?"

I snap my head back in his direction. "Noooooo," I say. "Do you think I'm a child?"

"Anyways," he says and I'm thankful for the change of conversation. "How was your talk with Daniella?"

"Good," I tell him folding my legs on the sofa. "Good to know she knows this is for six months."

Rocky frowns. "She told you?"

I nod. "Aha."

"Well at least that's sorted."

"And she doesn't think it's weird?" I say. "You know I'll never forgive you."

Rocky's expression changes to one of sadness. "She doesn't think it's weird. Why should she? She knows exactly why I'm doing this, and as for you, I know you'll never forgive me but there's a chance things can change."

"That party," I say when Rocky stands to leave. "I didn't misbehave with your family, did I?"

Rocky stops by the entrance to the stairs. "No," he says. "In fact a drunk Sky is a good Sky. She's honest and I like that Sky."

He leaves without uttering another word and doesn't wait for me to respond. What did he mean I was honest? I thought I was always honest.

What happened at the damn party? Did I possibly ruin the next six months for myself? Are we just going to sit failing to acknowledge each other and be sour with one another?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

228K 9.9K 47
*Book 2 of 'The Six Month Contract' Series* What Happens when Rocky finally locates Sky? Perhaps another plan, another way to keep her in his life. H...
1.5M 47.1K 42
"Miss Montgomery, you start at 8am tomorrow morning in my office, not a minute late. If you are as good as you say you are, I may just apologise", he...
29.6K 1.1K 97
Meet Sarah, 20 years, a sweet and tender-hearted young girl, who, despite facing the harshness of life, always puts others' needs before her own. Her...
731K 17.6K 48
Nathan James Price is a powerful business man with enough money to rule the world. His company is an investment industry on Wall street with a knack...