The Ruthless She Wolf

By Obsidian_Eren

Ever since that day, everything changed. Ever since that day, the people she knew, everything she thought she... More

Backgrounds
Prologue
~(1)~
~(2)~
~(3)~
~(4)~
~(5)~
~(6)~
~(7)~
~(8)~
~(9)~
~(10)~
~(11)~
~(12)~
~(13)~
~(14)~
~(15)~
~(16)~
~(17)~
~(18)~
~(19)~
~(20)~
~(21)~
~(22)~
~(23)~
~(24)~
~(25)~
~(26)~
~(27)~
~(28)~
~(29)~
~(30)~
~(31)~
~(32)~
~(33)~
~(34)~
~(35)~
~(37)~
~(38)~
~(39)~
~(40)~

~(36)~

67 8 0
By Obsidian_Eren

Unknown

"Must I really choose between the two?" The figure behind her nodded her head in a sickeningly slow motion.

"Why? Seth and Adonis are the best of friends, I can't ruin that."

"Anessa, this has to be done; it must be done."

Anessa still didn't understand the concept of this whole debacle and her mother, Diane, sensed this, "Whoever you choose will rule alongside with you after the Moon Goddess releases her title."

"So, am I destined to choose her son?" Her voice was slightly shaky as she spoke these words.

"No, whoever you choose, we decided to not hold a grudge against each other. Just have a fair idea of who you want to choose, whether it is with logic or raw fatal attraction."

Anessa just hoped it would be that easy, unfortunately for her, it wasn't.

"How could you choose him, Anessa? What did I ever do wrong?" Anessa failed to reply as she hacked blood on the cold concrete floor.

"Seth, please stop." Her voice was barely audible but she knew that he heard her.

"How could you even say those words to me? I thought you loved me?" His voice will fill with hurt and not anger.

"Seth, I had no choice." Seth laughed sarcastically.

"You had the choice; it was your choice to make!" Anessa flinched further into the wall.

"Seth, idea of power changed you. What you were planning...I had to stop it."

"You don't love him like you love me."

"No, I don't love you like I love him." Seth was enraged as he grabbed her by her shoulders and threw her against the adjacent concrete wall.

Seeing her blood on the floor wasn't enough for him as he let his anger escape through each slash of her body that he made using his razor sharp claws.

Though she healed rather quickly, he was quicker. Soon, she was injured beyond repair and felt as though hope warped itself away in a distant black hole.

Suddenly, a warm tender feeling coursed through her veins which made the pain a little less unbearable.

"Adonis." From then onwards, she knew she had made the right choice by choosing him however, the real question was, would he be able to save her time?

The awakening after this dream had been the hardest for Anessa. Her dream as she thought she would call it was rather crystal clear and detailed; it seemed more of a memory than a dream.

It befuddled her as to why, Adonis, Seth and her were involved in something that seemed too much like a prophecy to be fulfilled.

Was this the piece of the puzzle she was supposed to solve?

Was history about to repeat itself?

Well, if she didn't know the answer then, she certainly was going to receive it now.

The black wolf himself walked through her cell with a sinister smile etched on his features.

"How's my sweetheart?" The question bounced off of the cold concrete walls and gradually disappeared as if it wasn't asked in the first place.

He stepped closer, "Maybe you didn't hear me," there was an underlying threat in his voice, "how's my sweetheart."

"Tired." This was her one word response as she met his icy black eyes with her silver ones.

"Well, if you would just agree with me, you wouldn't have to be forced to stay in this cramped cell." His raised voice at the end had little affect her.

"Why should I agree with you?" Seth smiled once more.

"There she is, the Anessa that made a solemn oath to challenge everything I said. Soon, everything will be set in motion."

"I don't know what you're talking about." Seth knew her innocence wasn't a lie.

"Your memories are returning slowly." He muttered more to himself than to her.

"It doesn't matter; everything will be ready before he even has a chance to get you."

He bent down to her height and lifted her chin to a position where he had the perfect view of her confused gaze, "Soon, my love."

Soon.

The word echoed in her mind as she watched him walk out of the room and left her to her own devices.

...

"Adonis? Adonis! Are you okay?" Adonis grabbed his head as his body trembled from the immense pain that he was currently feeling.

"Brian! Come quickly! He's shifting!" No time was wasted as Kyle removed his body from the kitchen floor and onto the soft green grass of the open field.

Brian watched from a respectable distance with a small smile on his face, "Soon."

His whisper vanished into thin air as many gathered around the wolf-to-be with both happiness and fear. No one knew how long this shift would take but all questions were answered as soon as the ripping of clothes echoed throughout the forest.

Golden fur began to grow on his back at a fast pace as his claws and teeth made an appearance. Throughout it all, he screamed; he could feel himself changing and he could feel his subconscious being pushed into a corner of his mind as it welcomed another.

His eyes glowed a colour of pure gold as it would even make the sun feel jealous of its beauty. The agonizing screams ceased and it was replaced by a commanding howl of an enormous golden wolf. Everyone bowed down to its glory, well, all except one person.

Brian or Seth watched from the nearby hill with liquid black eyes as he envied substance of the circle. Seeing his wolf triggered something with his own; it was something he couldn't control however, somehow he miraculously managed the impossible.

It was too early to reveal his actual identity; it was too early to reveal the prophecy. So, he fled within seconds before the Lupus Auream would notice.

"Adonis needs time with his wolf, everyone. Let's leave him to roam around the forest and get acquainted." Just like that, everyone fled without another word being said.

Adonis stared at the black abyss of his empty mind before a golden wolf whisked itself in without welcome. To a minor part of him, it felt like an unwanted guest but for the latter, it felt as though he was reuniting with a long lost friend.

"Maxim." Adonis sighed with relief as the wolf licked the side of his face and stared back at him with a wolf smile.

"Adonis, it's always a pleasure to reunite with you." Though the phrasing of his greeting did slightly confuse Adonis, he just let it float in mid-air and reciprocated the smile.

"At least now we're stronger." The words that left his mouth felt foreign to him.

"I know as much as you do, Adonis. We need to know more; each and every time this happens, it doesn't get any easier. We need to stop this once and for all...and take back what's ours." Maxim's eyes drowned in pure gold as it simmered beneath the surface.

"Ours?" He was trying his absolute best to understand this situation.

"Yes, ours. He has what's ours. Our Amare is trapped in his grasp and if we don't get to her soon, she will be no more."

Adonis' eyes suddenly mimicked his wolf's own as they had a mutual agreement.

"Anessa, does she know yet?" Adonis awaited a reply.

"The Goddess already placed a few memories in her mind. Adonis, we only have limited time until she remembers what she is supposed to do and who she is supposed to choose. I can't bear to see her die one more time."

"Amorem nostri et revertetur in terram suam." Our love will return home.

"Aliquam fac ab ea. Debemus poterimus adversus illum." It's time to make sure of it. We must defeat him.

...

"Time is of essence Anessa. Soon, your lover will come to rescue you."

"My lover?" No, she wasn't playing dumb or tarnished her true innocence, she truly didn't know.

"Yes, Adonis and little Maxim." His tone overflowed with disgust.

'Adonis and Maxim?' That thought bounced off of the dark walls of her mind as she awaited an answer.

"I'm guessing by your facial expression that you still don't understand this whole deal but I'm not going to tell you. Maybe fate will bestow me with you as a way to purify all the darkness that constricts the sliver of good that I have left in me. Though I highly doubt that, I wouldn't mind having you in my arms and out of his."

She felt a strong urge to slap the maniac in front of her but the heavy silver on her hands prevented her from even scratching her head.

"The choice is yours, Anessa. Think about it, white and black always go together. A stark contrast yes but it's meant to balance each other like a ying and yang. White and gold can't compare, he barely even had a chance against me in the first place."

She suddenly had this urge to do what was right, "I choose Adonis."

History always repeats itself.

---

What do you think?

What do you want to see happen?

Please smash that vote button and destroy your keys whilst typing a comment. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 3.1K 44
Cici is sad and abused. She's lost her wolf. When she finds her mate will everything finally turn out ok? Or will it just get worse? Well I guess I s...
6.7K 498 27
THIS IS MY FIRST STORY SO lord knows missteps have been made lol. Don't judge too harshly. We all tell little lies to protect the ones we love the mo...
8.6M 220K 48
Brinn has known Alpha Titus as a close family friend since she was ten years old. He was like a big brother to her. Right before her first shift, he...
58 11 14
Shannon was exiled from her pack. After unintentionally crossing territory lines during a late-night run with her friend Elva, the daughter of a prom...