A Nerd Story of Love

By tufano79

Geekward and Nerdella...two lost souls who just want love and to be loved. ExB, AH More

Edward: A Brief History
Bella's Life
Dinner for Five
Plans and Preparations and Planes
Kisses and Karambas
Balloons, Apples and Lurve ...
Surprises
Leaving on a Jet Plane
Edward 2.0
Phoenix to LA to Vegas to My Geek Charming
Navy Pier and Strides
Hop Along Cassidy
Requests and Promises
The Corny Toad
Conversations with a Sex Crazed Rosalie, Edward and Demetri
Meat
Whipped Cream, Fireworks and Flowers
Insert Witty Title Here
Play by Play
Home Field Advantage
Emmett's Birthday
The Hangover
Daddy Issues
Separation Anxiety
Engaged and Moving
Road Trip
Maui
Luaus, Lahaina and Sweet Loving
Reality Bytes
Say Cheese!
Cullen Children's Foundation
Halloween
Enough Drama Already, On With the Fluff!
Gobble, Gobble
The Goal ...?
Countdown
Rehearsals, Wedding and All that Jazz
Going to the Chapel ... Erm, Garden, Erm ... I'm Getting MARRIED!!
Bum Chicka Wow Wow
Trials and Tribulations
Funeral and Preparations
Renewals and New Beginnings
Epilogue

Birthday Dinner

1.9K 50 12
By tufano79

First off, I'd like to send a shout out to my TwiSisters (and brothers) for reading the ramblings from my brain. I've really enjoyed writing these stories and knowing that you all like them makes me super happy. MUAH! Secondly, thank you to everyone who has left a review, set up an alert or faved this story. It's overwhelming the attention that this has received. I'm truly humbled by the response. Finally, thank you to Stephanie (lvtwilight09) for the awesome banner. It's posted in my profile!

Lots of positive reinforcement with this one. Apparently you all love your virgin Geekward and Nerdella. So do I.

Anyhoozle, none of this belongs to me. It belongs to that famous writer chick. Stephenie Meyer. I just love playing with Edward and Bella because their lives are SOOOOOOOOOO much more interesting than mine.

So, here we go...

Chapter Thirteen: Birthday Dinner

EPOV

The day after Bella's, um, tumble, we spent the day just relaxing around the condo. Bella did some work for Rose's tour, confirming upcoming book signings and interviews in New Orleans, Chicago and Detroit. She also made sure that the hotels were prepared for the onslaught of fans that they had been receiving at other locations. I also did some work. I managed to upgrade the server software that crashed on Wednesday and upload it. Jasper called me and praised my holy name that I was able to do that. We were receiving complaints from our clients about slow performance speeds.

Friday night, we spent the evening with Jasper and Alice. We went to a movie and for the first time in my all of my years on the planet, I felt like a normal person. I was going on a double date with my girlfriend. I wasn't squared away in my tech man cave, creating the newest piece of technology. The only troubling thing was I couldn't hold her hand. She was using her hands to crutch to the movie theater. Jas had driven us and dropped us at the door. I paid for all of us for the movie, but it was a long hike to the theater. Jasper and Alice got seats as I moved with Bella to the theater we were assigned to. I wanted to carry her, but she stubbornly refused my help.

She didn't refuse my help once the movie was over. Her arms were hurting and wrists were not up for her hobbling. I picked her up in another piggy back ride while Alice carried her crutches. I am too old for this, but I'll take aching muscles for my love any day. We drove back to the condo. Alice and Jasper were staying here because it was closer to the restaurant that we were going to for our birthdays.

We went into our respective 'wings' and I helped Bella into bed. She just needed some assistance in carrying her pajamas from the suitcase to the bathroom. Once changed, Bella hopped to the bed and climbed in. A quiet knock filled my room. "Come in," I called out.

"Hey, can I talk to your girlfriend for a few?" Jasper asked. "Alone?"

"Don't corrupt her, Jasper," I snickered. "She's special."

"Nah, I'll just tell some more embarrassing Edward stories," Jasper laughed. "There was this one time in college, Bella..." I threw a pillow at him and Bella snorted. "If she's going to be with you, she's going to learn all of your weird quirks. He went through this World of Warcraft phase and he didn't shower for a month."

"Fuck off, Whitlock," I snarled. "It wasn't a month, you ass."

"Yes, it was. You were foul, Edward. I mean, sheesh," Jasper laughed. "Now, scoot. Alice needs to talk to you about tomorrow and I want to talk to Bella. I promise I'll behave."

I gave him the 'Focker' I'm-watching-you gesture and I got off the bed. Jasper flipped me off and cuffed him on the head. I kept the door open and went into Alice's suite. "Younger?"

"Closet, Older," Alice called out. I went into her massive closet and sat down on the bench inside. "I need to talk to you. About tomorrow."

"What's up?" I asked, looking at my elfin sister warily.

"Dad's...well, he's..." Alice stammered.

"He's going to fuck it up," I sneered.

"I think so. I'm going to try and soften him up, but he's going to see Bella as a gold digger," Alice mumbled sadly. "I don't see why. However, Bella doesn't have the money we have and Dad is going to pounce. Jasper is talking to her, warning her about his actions. As he is an outsider like her."

"Can't we just change the reservations and not tell him?" I grumbled.

"No, Edward. Despite his asshole-like tendencies, he is still our father," Alice said sternly. "However, you do have the complete right to yell at him. We're going to the house on the Gold Coast after dinner. I'm thinking he'll keep his commentary at bay until then."

"Then, Bella and I won't be going to the house," I said simply.

"Edward, it's just as much as my birthday as it is yours. Mom's present is at the house," Alice said. "For both of us."

I ran my hands through my hair, leaning forward on my knees. "I can't believe that Carlisle would think that. Bella is the kindest, most generous person I know."

"Hey! What about me?"

"Besides you, Younger," I said with a sardonic grin. "Do you want your birthday present now? From your geeky older brother?"

"Nope. You can give it to me tomorrow. On our birthday. You're getting your present tomorrow from Jazzy and me," Alice smirked. "You'll like it."

"Hmmm," I said, my lips in a thin line. "Should I be afraid?"

"Nope. You'll absolutely love it," Alice said as she sat on my lap. "I promise you. But, does Bella have a passport?"

"I have no clue, Younger," I said as I rolled my eyes.

"No big deal. I can call in a favor to the passport office if she doesn't. Jeff owes me one," Alice smirked. "I love you, Edward. You are best big brother a twin could ask for."

"Don't let Emmett hear that," I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

"He's an idiot. Not my brother," Alice said coldly. "His behavior is reprehensible. Thank goodness he's not coming tomorrow."

"Yeah. I don't want to kill my older brother on my birthday," I said. "It's bad enough that we're forced to go to his birthday in a month. But he's so going to get his just desserts."

"What do you mean, Edward?"

I described Rosalie's plan of getting Emmett. Having him get all riled up and placed in a compromising position at the bar. Alice grinned evilly and bounced on her toes. "Emmett is going to be ripped apart. I love it. I hate that we have to do it, but I love it. Rose sounds diabolical."

"She is."

"Who's Rose?" Jasper asked as he leaned against the door frame.

"Bella's best friend," I answered. "Author Rosalie Hale."

"She's the author that's wearing my clothes in that photo shoot in July," Alice said. "I told you this, Jazzy."

"Right. I forgot," Jasper said with a lazy grin. "Bella needs some ibuprofen, Cullen. Go take care of your woman. In more ways than two."

"You're a sexual depraved deviant, Jasper. I can't believe that you're with my sister," I grumbled.

"I love your sister. Right, Alice?"

"I love you, too, Jazzy," Alice chimed. "Go have 'fun' with Bella." Alice waggled her fingers and I rolled my eyes as I went to leave Alice's insane closet. Why any woman would need that many clothes is beyond me? Only my fashion designer sister. I grabbed some ibuprofen and a water bottle, walking back into my bedroom. Bella was curled up around my pillow with her foot elevated.

"How's the ankle?"

"Hurts," she grumbled. "I don't know how I'm going to be able to walk without crutches by Monday."

"Bella, we'll arrange for a wheelchair at the airport. You'll be fine. OR, here's a crazy idea. You can stay here until you're better," I suggested.

"Edward, I have a job to do."

"Love, I don't want to compromise your healing by pushing yourself too far. Have you told Rose about your injury?"

"No. She'll laugh at me. Rose has driven me to the hospital so often," Bella said sadly. "Can you hand me my phone?"

"Sure, love. Here's your ibuprofen. I'll get you some ice, too," I smiled. I went back out into the kitchen and grabbed Bella's purse along with another icepack. I handed her the purse and removed her boot, placing the ice around her swollen and discolored ankle. "You have the rainbow on your foot."

"I know. It's nasty," Bella said as she wrinkled her nose. "I got a text from Demetri. He wants to go out tomorrow."

"We can't. Dinner," I sighed. "With my parents."

"I know. Perhaps next time," Bella shrugged. "Not like I can do much anyway." Bella tapped out the text. She blew out a breath and gave me a furtive glance. "Rose is not going to be happy. Neither is Jane."

"We'll cross that bridge together, gorgeous," I said as I sat down next to her, crossing my legs in front of me. She laid her head against my chest and dialed Rose's number. She had it on speaker phone. "I love you, my Bella."

"I love you, Edward," she murmured as she nibbled on her lip.

"What up, bitch?" Rose laughed.

"Hi, Rosalie," Bella said dryly.

"So, did you and sexy geek boy finally consummate your relationship?" Rose asked.

"Rose, you're on speaker," I chortled.

"Fuck. Hi, Edward," Rose said sheepishly. "How about them White Sox?"

"I'm a Cubs fan, Rosalie. Don't dig yourself into a deeper hole."

"Damn it," Rose sighed. "So, what's up? Apparently, you two are not going at it like bunnies. On a Friday night. What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"Rose! It's not always about sex," Bella chastised. "Besides, there are complications..."

"Bella, you had your little friend two weeks ago. You got your shot before we left. That cannot be the complication," Rose said seriously.

"Nope. That's not it. I fell," Bella said quietly.

"What did you break?"

"She didn't break anything," I piped up. Bella's nose was buried in my neck. I felt her tears against my skin. "She sprained her ankle. Quite severely. She's in a walking cast and currently on crutches."

"Oh no," Rose said, genuine worry lacing her tone. "Bella, I can survive without until I get to Chicago. I know that you've been making confirmation calls. As your quasi boss, you are staying in Chicago until I get there. You got it?"

"But, I don't have all my clothes," Bella sniffled.

"Bella, have you met my sister? Have you seen her closet? Clothes are the least of your worries. You have to deal with me for a month," I snickered.

"But..."

"No, buts, Isabella Marie. You're injured and I don't want you to hurt yourself anymore," Rose said sternly.

"What about Jane? She's going to fire me," Bella mumbled dejectedly.

"You can edit books from anywhere. I'm going to call Jane and tell her that you were hurt. You're staying with Edward and we'll send you your assignments at his address. You will not be fired. If you are, I'm leaving Twilight Publishing. I make them too much money for them to lose me. Got it, Dwyer?"

"Yeah, I got it," Bella sighed.

"Edward, what's your address?"

I gave Rosalie my address and personal fax number here at the condo. Bella was slumped against my chest, clutching my shirt. "Bella, it's alright."

"I'm fucking burden," she said.

"Isabella Marie Dwyer, stop it. Or I will break your other foot and swipe Rufus from you," Rose threatened.

"No! I'll stop. I'm just frustrated," Bella murmured. "I hate being injured."

"Look at the good things. You get to stay with Edward for a month," Rose said. "One whole month with sexy geek boy."

"Still on speaker, Rose," I sniggered.

"I know, Edward," Rose guffawed. "Relax, Bellini. It'll all work out. Cancel your flight on Monday. Got it?"

"Okay," Bella whispered. "I'm sorry, Rosalie."

"Stop it, Isabella Marie. You'll be fine. I love you, girlie. I'll see you in a month," Rose said. She hung up the phone and Bella's cell phone darkened on my knee.

"I'm so fired," Bella moaned.

"You are not fired, Bella. Rose is right. You can work on editing from anywhere," I said as I gently cupped her chin. "You are not fired. I won't' allow it. You can take a leave of absence if need be. But, you need to relax."

"I'll try," she murmured.

I growled lightly and forced her chocolate orbs to meet mine. "Bella. Listen to me. You will not be fired."

"But..."

"You will not be fired. You will not be unemployed. Got it?" I said fervently.

"Got it."

"Good. How's your foot?"

"It's pounding," she groaned. "It shouldn't be hurting this much."

"No, it shouldn't. Since you're here for awhile, we're going to get you an appointment with an orthopedic doctor," I said pointedly. "It could be stress fracture or something else."

"Damn it," Bella grumbled.

"Come on, let's go to bed, love. You are emotionally exhausted and honestly so am I," I said. "We need to be ready for dinner tomorrow."

"Can't we just spend the day in bed?" Bella asked hopefully.

"God, yes. I would love to do that," I said fervently. "We'll stay curled up together as long as we can before dinner. Okay?"

"Okay," Bella said with a slight smile. "I love you, angel. And you truly are an angel."

"Thank you, gorgeous. I love you, more, though," I said as I kissed her lips. I stood up and took off my shirt. I put in the hamper. Bella watched me as I reached for my belt buckle of my jeans and eased them over my hips. "Enjoying the show?"

"Shake your money maker, Edward," Bella giggled.

I turned around and shook my butt as I slid my jeans down onto the floor. Bella's giggles turned into laughter. I kicked my jeans into the closet and faced her. I rotated my hips before I jumped on the bed, putting my head on her legs. She wiped her eyes. "That was hysterical. Though you forgot something." She plucked at my boxers.

"I can finish my sexy geek boy dance, getting down to my birthday suit," I said as a blush crept over my cheeks. I moved my hands to the waistband of my boxers, starting to move them down. "You've already felt it."

"No. I'm kidding, Edward. Keep your boxers on," Bella snorted. "Thank you for making me laugh."

"You needed it," I said as I turned on my side. Bella's fingers glided along my torso. It tickled slightly, but felt nice. Very nice. The monster roused in my Calvins. Down boy. Don't poke through! I'm begging you!

"I love you, Edward. Only you. It will only ever be you," Bella said quietly. "Happy birthday."

"What?"

She shot a look at the clock. It was after midnight. It was my birthday. "What do you want for your birthday, Edward?"

"You," I whispered as I kissed her lips. "Only you."

"Perhaps later tonight, angel. You can have me," Bella smirked.

"I know. We both need sleep," I said as I swiped the icepack from her foot. She pulled down the covers to the bed and slid into them. I crawled in behind her, wrapping my arm around her waist. I pressed a sweet kiss to the hollow behind her ear. "I love you, my gorgeous girl."

"I love you, Edward," she muttered sleepily. She kissed my arm and nestled closer against my chest. I flipped off the lights and fell asleep, holding my love and relishing at the possibilities for later on tonight.

xx ANSOL xx

The next morning was dreary. Clouds were covering the Chicago skyline. Bella was curled against my chest with her arm wrapped around my belly. Her mahogany hair was fanned over my pillow and her face was relaxed as she slept. I swiped my phone from the nightstand and checked the time. It was well after eleven. I was shocked. I never slept this late. I stretched my body, hyper-aware of the sleeping angel on my chest. I kissed her forehead and slipped out of bed. I took a quick shower and headed out into the kitchen. Jasper was sitting at the breakfast bar, reading my paper. I plucked the paper from his hands and went to pour myself a cup of coffee.

"Hey! I was reading that. There was a story about Derrick Rose being traded possibly," Jasper said as he reached for the section I swiped.

"You want to read it. Buy your own paper," I said. I looked at the article that Jasper was reading, not really caring about the Bulls. The only sports team I liked was the Cubs. That was it. I nearly had a heart attack the year that Bartman fumbled the ball and cost them a trip to the world series. Rat bastard. I was at that game, sitting five rows behind him. The profanities that flew out of my mouth were horrific.

"You know you're not even reading the sports section, Edwina," Jasper said as he arched a brow.

"Today's my damn birthday, Jasmine. Back off, fucker," I smirked.

"Okay, before, I liked Bella. Now, I'm not so sure," Jasper snickered.

"Why? Because I actually defend myself from your relentless teasing and taunting?" I asked.

"Well, yeah. You were so submissive before," Jasper mused.

"Oh, please Master Jasper. I will do only your bidding," I said as I bowed toward him. "Praise Jasper. Praise Jasper."

"I like that. Do it again," Jasper laughed.

"Over my pile of ashes, Whitlock," I snorted. "I have a question, though. Please don't belittle me or make me uncomfortable. I would like to have an adult conversation..."

"Look who you're talking to, Edwina. Am I an adult? No."

"True."

"Asshole."

"Can I ask my damn question, Jasmine?"

"Ugh, fine. What is it, Edwina?" Jasper sighed exasperatedly.

"I want to make Bella feel, um, good," I whispered, a blush covering my pale features. "I'm not ready for the tongue thing..."

"Use your fingers," Jasper said knowingly.

"Duh, Jas. How?"

"Do you want a demonstration on Alice? She really likes it when I finger fuck her," Jasper snickered.

"You know what, never mind. I'll figure it out on my own. I'll Google it," I said as I shoved the paper back to my best friend. "I need some serious brain bleach. Again. I do not need to picture you doing that to my sister."

"You asked, Edwina," Jasper said with a knowing smile.

"I'm going to watch some porn, Jasmine," I said as I skulked to my tech man cave. I really wasn't going to watch porn. I was going to read about it. Ah, the power of Google. I roused Boris and typed in...what do you type in. I can't exactly put 'how do you finger fuck your girlfriend' in the search bar. "God, I'm such a fucking loser."

As I was having my pity party, my cell phone rang from my pocket. Not looking at the caller ID, I picked up. "Hello?"

"Is this Edward Cullen?"

"Yeah. Who's this?" I asked.

"Demetri! Happy birthday, brother!" Demetri said over my tinny speakers.

"Thanks, man. I appreciate it," I said, trying to infuse some enthusiasm into my voice.

"You don't sound it," Demetri said. "You sound like you just discovered that Al Gore did invent the internet."

"Ha ha, Demetri. You're hysterical," I said dryly. "I'm just feeling highly inadequate right now."

"How so?" Demetri asked.

"Um, well, shit..."

"Spill it, Cullen. We're friends now. Friends help each other out," Demetri said kindly.

"Okay. I'm kind of having a minor panic attack. About Bella," I sighed.

"Why? She adores you."

"And I adore her. But the thing is she's my first...everything."

"Wait a minute...Bella's your first girlfriend? Dude, you're like fucking gorgeous. How can you...I mean...fuck me!"

"Yes, Bella is my first girlfriend. She's also my first kiss. My first love. My first everything," I breathed.

"Have you and beautiful Bella done it?" Demetri whispered.

"No. I'm 31 years old and I'm still a virgin, Demetri. Go ahead. Laugh. It won't bother me," I said as I nibbled on my fingernail.

"I'm not going to laugh. I think it's sweet."

"Really?"

"Yeah. But why are you feeling inadequate?" Demetri pressed.

"I want to make her feel good but I don't know how. I'm certainly not ready to go down on her but...," I said as I banged my head against the wood of my desk. "I was going to Google it but...what do I put in the search bar?"

"Oh, Edward...so much to learn. There is something on the woman's body called a clitoris," Demetri snickered.

"How do you know this? You're gay," I said ruefully.

"Doesn't mean I haven't experimented," Demetri said sagely. "I've been with both boys and girls, Edward. I know what makes 'em tick. But I just happen to like boys better."

"Oh."

"Okay, Edward, let me give you some pointers..."

Demetri spent nearly forty-five minutes with me, describing many different ways to bring a woman to climax with just your fingers. I listened with rapt attention as he explained what types of caresses and touches make a woman squirm. He warned me that I needed to be gentle as I touched her. Duh, Demetri. I'm not that much of a moron. I also needed to be aware of her barrier. Her virginity. Demetri said that with my 'long-ass fingers,' I could penetrate that and cause her pain and distress. Gulp.

"Feel better, Edward?" Demetri asked after my tutorial on finger fucking.

"Some," I squeaked. "Thank you?"

"No problem. It's the least I can do for the birthday boy," Demetri said. "You don't have to let me know how it goes, but if you want to chat again. Call me."

"I will. And I do appreciate your help," I said.

"Say hi to beautiful Bella for me," Demetri sang as he hung up the phone.

I smiled and felt a little more relaxed at what I wanted to do to Bella tonight. I looked at my hands and waggled my fingers. The fingers that will bring Bella unbridled passion and ecstasy. I hopped up from my seat and went back into the bedroom. Bella was still asleep, tangled in my sheets. I closed the door and locked it. No meddlesome twin will disturb us until I say she can. Her tank top had risen up and the dimples on her lower back were taunting me. I crawled on the bed and pressed kisses on her dimples. She moaned and I felt her shift.

I gently raised her tank top higher and traced my tongue along her spine. "Edward," Bella whispered. "What are you doing?"

"Getting a taste of perfection," I said as I languidly pressed open mouthed kisses to her back. "So sweet, love." My hands moved up the sides of her torso, dragging her tank top with them. Bella rolled over and I pulled the shirt from her body. Her eyes widened. "What?"

"So bold, birthday boy," Bella purred.

"I'm turning over a new leaf," I said as I peppered her neck with my kisses. My tongue danced languorously down her neck and to her collarbones. My hands moved to her soft mounds and I gently kneaded her breasts. "God you are perfect," I murmured as I drew one of breast into my mouth.

"Fuck," Bella moaned as her fingers tangled into my hair. "Edward...so good."

I kissed my way up to her soft lips. I hovered over her body, lightly brushing my mouth over her cheeks, her nose, her eyes, her ears, her jaw, and finally, her beautiful mouth. Bella's hand reached to my neck and pulled me closer to her. I slipped and crashed into her body. Bella let out a small yelp and wrapped her legs around my waist. I smiled as traced my mouth along her soft velvety skin. I ran my fingertips along her torso. Bella shuddered and she looked up at me. Her eyes were hooded and I feel how aroused she was. Her warmth was pressing against my jean covered crotch.

"Edward! I need your girlfriend! I need to make her beautiful! Well, beautifuller!" Alice said as she banged on my door. "NO hickeys!"

"Ugh! Why couldn't I be an only child?" I sighed as buried my nose in Bella's neck. I inhaled deeply, relishing her soft, floral fragrance. Bella giggled and ran her fingers through my hair, massaging my scalp.

"Edward, don't make me have Jasper unhinge the door."

"I will not kill Alice. I will not kill Alice. I will not kill Alice," I chanted.

"No, baby. You won't. Because, despite her 'Alice-ness,' I kind of like her," Bella giggled.

I pulled away and narrowed my eyes. "Traitor."

"But you love me," Bella said as she pulled me closer. I ran my nose along her jaw. I decided to tease her a bit and I rotated my hips. "Damn, Edward...stop it."

I chuckled darkly and rolled my hips again before I got off the bed. Bella sat up on her elbows, still gloriously topless, and growled. God that's hot and adorable at the same time. "You're fierce, Isabella. You may want to put some clothes on," I snickered.

"A bronze haired geeky hottie tossed my tank top across the room. Remember, I'm an invalid," she said as she raised her injured foot.

I stared at her as I tapped my lips. "I rather like you sans clothing," I said as a lascivious grin filled my features.

"Edward Anthony Masen Cullen..." she snarled. "Don't make me shove a crutch up your ass."

"Um, ow," I snickered as I grabbed her tank top. "No thank you."

Bella sat up and stood on her knees, holding her hand out. "Shirt please?"

"No more threats of impaling me with a crutch," I said as I held the tank top behind my back.

Bella's chocolate eyes narrowed and she poked my sides. I barked out a laugh and danced away. Bella managed to grab my belt loop and dragged me back to the bed. She pushed me down and straddled my legs. Her fingers attacked my sides and I squirmed under her touch. "Bella! Stop!" I laughed. She would not relent but she was laughing with me. "Please!" I handed her the tank top and she stopped her tickle attack. I sat up on my elbows and tried to catch my breath. "Evil woman."

"You're the evil one. Stealing my shirt and taking advantage of my gimpiness," she said. She poked my sides again and I snorted.

I rolled us until I was hovering over her. I pushed her hands over her head. "Evil. Woman. But, I love you," I said as I kissed her deeply. Our kiss was interrupted by the sound of Jasper's drill. "I need my own place and to be an only child."

"Sorry, angel," Bella breathed.

I released her hands and took a few calming breaths before Jasper ruined my door. Bella pulled her hair into a sloppy bun, giving me a shy smile. I opened the door as Jasper was starting to work on the screws. "Two words. Gay porn," I threatened.

"You wouldn't..."

"Alice!" I yelled. "Jasper has a stash of..." Jasper dropped the drill and covered my mouth with his hand, begging me with his eyes.

"I'll behave. She threatened no head again, Edward. Your sister gives the best blow jobs."

I grimaced but licked his hand. He pulled his hand away and wiped it on my shirt. "My condo. My door. My drill." I picked up the drill and tossed it into my room. "Why don't you and my sister live in sin?"

"Oh, good idea," Jasper said. He patted my chest and jogged to my sister's wing. "Pookie bear?"

"Edward, why does Jasper have a stash of gay porn?" Bella asked.

"Gag gift from his bachelor party," I smirked. "He never threw it away."

"Huh," Bella said as she reached for her crutches. "Interesting."

I shrugged and put the drill into my closet, hiding it from Jasper. "Do you need help?" I asked.

"No, she doesn't. You. Out," Alice said as she pushed me out of my room.

"How did you get in here?" I asked, arching a brow over my frames.

"I moved at vampiric speeds. Faster than a speeding bullet," Alice snickered. Over her arm was a garment bag and in her hand were several smaller bags. "Go wrap my present, or something."

"Pushy," I muttered. Alice smacked my butt and shoved me out of my bedroom, locking the door. "Don't make me get the drill...that's in my damn closet. Fuck me."

xx ANSOL xx

Several hours later, I was dressed in a charcoal gray suit with a vest, white shirt and burgundy tie. My contacts were in my eyes and I was anxiously waiting for Bella and Alice to come out of my bedroom. I only had the clothes that I was wearing because Alice thrust them into my hands along with my toiletry bag. I got ready in her bathroom. Jasper was sitting next to me wearing a black suit with a deep blue shirt and black tie. He was cursing some sports team on my television and beating up my couch.

"Come on! That was totally a foul. Edward wasn't that a foul?"

"It was so a foul, Jasmine," I said in a bored tone. I was playing Angry Birds on my cell phone as we waited for our women. "We're going to be late. Not that I care. I really don't want to see Carlisle."

"You'll be fine, Edwina. Just drink heavily. I'll drive you and dreamgirl home," Jasper said. "What did you get your sister as a present?"

"Sanity."

"Funny, Cullen. Seriously, what did you get her?"

"An all expenses paid trip to Paris fashion week this spring," I said. "I even got her tickets to some of her favorite designer's shows."

"You're making me look bad, Edwina."

"It's not my fault that you're a moron," I snickered. "You're the beauty in our friendship. I'm the brains. It worked well in college."

"I'm fucking gorgeous," Jasper said seriously.

"Sure, Jasmine."

"Hey Edward, we need your help," Alice called. She was dressed in a strapless black dress and insanely high heels.

"You look nice, Younger," I said as I kissed her cheek.

"Thank you. Now check out your beautiful girlfriend," Alice whispered as she pushed me into the bedroom. What the hell is up with all the pushing? I went into my bedroom and saw a vision. Bella was sitting on my bed in an absolutely stunning dress. It was same color as my tie and it hugged every curve of her body. Bella's hair was curled lightly and was pulled away from her face. Her makeup was sultry and smoky.

I blinked and smiled crookedly. "You are exquisite, Bella."

"Thank you, Edward. Before we go, I want to give you one of your birthday presents," Bella blushed.

"You didn't need to get me anything, love," I said as I sat down next to her. "Just having you with me was present enough."

"I wanted to get you something," Bella said. "Here." She handed me a box that was wrapped in bright paper. She crossed her arms and nibbled on her freshly manicured nails. I kissed her shoulder and tore into my present. I opened the box and found a pocket watch. "It's really neat, Edward." She popped open the latch and inside was an LCD screen with a ton of smart phone features. "I also had it engraved."

"'Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies,'" I read. "Soul mates."

"Soul mates," she murmured. "It's my favorite quote."

"Mine too," I whispered. "I never thought..."

"Edward, I'm so sorry to interrupt, but we do need to go," Alice whispered.

"Five minutes, Alice," I said, shooting my sister a look. She nodded and closed the door. "My father is a stickler for punctuality but he can just deal with us being late."

"I don't want your dad to yell at you on your birthday, Edward," Bella murmured.

"Nothing is going to bother me, today, Bella," I replied as I gently cupped her cheek. She leaned in to my touch. Her eyelids fluttered shut and she smiled slightly. "As I was saying before, I never thought I'd find my soul mate. I've always been leery of people. Not trusting very many."

"I remember. You said you trusted three people in your life. Alice, your mom and Jasper. Though I don't know why Jasper is on that list. He's crazy," Bella laughed.

"Yes, he is," I agreed. "But he's fiercely loyal. He'd do anything for me and the same is true for him. I'd do anything for him. But since I've met you, I've added three people to my list of 'Edward-trustworthy people.' Demetri, Rosalie and most importantly you. You have quickly become the most important person in my life, Bella. I honestly can't imagine not having you in it. My love and admiration for you grow exponentially every day. It shot through the roof when I saw you in my living room on Wednesday."

"I was afraid that you would have gotten sick of me and kicked me out," Bella blushed.

"I'd never do that. Bella, I know I'm not the most experienced in relationships and love. But I'm not going to let my brain get in the way of my heart. I know for certain that I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I want to marry you. I want to make love to you. I want to be the father of our children. Bella, I want it all with you," I murmured. I felt tears prick my eyes and I looked at my love. Her head was bowed and I could hear her sniffling. "Please tell me those are happy tears and that I didn't goof up."

"Edward, they are extraordinarily happy tears," Bella mumbled. She looked up at me and I could see the joy in her watery eyes. She threw her arms around my neck and held me tight. "I want the same things, angel."

I snaked my arms around her waist and buried my nose into her fragrant hair. My own tears fell down my cheeks. "I love you, my Bella. I will do everything for you," I whispered in her ear. "You are my life now, gorgeous."

"Aw, hell," Alice grumbled. "If you messed up her makeup, Edward, I will make you wear your contacts for a month."

"Jesus, Alice. We're having a moment here," I griped. Bella looked at Alice, snarling her lip slightly.

"I know you're having a moment, but Dad's head will spin off if we're not at the restaurant. Here, Bella let me fix your face. You go put on your watch," Alice said as she pushed me off the bed. Alice took out a compact and began fussing over Bella's cheeks. I took the pocket watch and went into my bathroom to affix it to my vest. Now, I get the suit choice. I gently patted my cheeks to get rid of the redness that crept up from my own happy tears. I looked into the mirror and I finally liked what I saw. A man with sparkle in his eyes. A man with a smile on his face. A man with confidence. A man with love in his life and love in his heart. Nothing can stop me. Not with Bella by my side. "Let's go, Edward Anthony."

I walked out of the bathroom and poked my sister in the belly. She smacked my arm and skipped out of the bedroom. We're 31, Younger. Why in the hell are you skipping? Bella was balanced on her crutches, giving me a soft and sexy smile. In her hand was a small gift bag. I had forgotten that Bella was injured. The big huge black boot on her foot is a clear indication that she's injured, bonehead. "Love, how are we going...?"

"Edward, I'll be fine. I'm just slow. I can put some weight on it now," Bella replied. "Come on, angel. Let's meet the parents." She turned on her good foot and began moving slowly to the door. Alice was holding a black wrap and sequined clutch. She handed them to me, saying they were Bella's.

"Your clutch matches your suit, Edwina," Jasper said in a very effeminate voice. He held his wrist limply and fluttered his eyelashes.

"Hey Jasper, there's Bill Gates," I said as I pointed out the window.

"Where?" Jasper asked as he turned. I smacked his head. "You are ass."

"You are a moron for falling for that. Every. Single. Time," I snorted.

"I can't believe the two of you own a Fortune 500 company," Alice snickered. "You act like frat boys as opposed to CEOs."

"It's what keeps our company so fun," Jasper winked.

He grabbed Alice's hand and they headed down to the garage. They were driving separately in Jasper's Phantom. I was obviously taking the Vanquish. I gave Bella a kiss on her neck and we went down too. I assisted Bella into the car and we sped off to the Capital Grille. "I really love you in a suit, Edward," Bella said huskily.

"Thank you," I blushed. I reached across the console and laced my fingers with hers. "I love you in a dress."

"This was ALL Alice's doing," Bella replied as she plucked at her dress.

"She's possessed. She has a seriously affliction of shopalcoholicism," I laughed. "She has more clothes than a third world country and she designs them. Only my sister."

"Only your sister. So, Jasper told me about your family from the perspective of an outsider. I want to hear your take," Bella said quietly as she stared at me.

"My mom is a saint. She's as tall as you with a lighter version of my hair. More caramel colored. She's never really worked a day in her life. Her job was to raise Emmett, Alice and me. Once we were older, my mom, Esme, did dabble in interior design. She liked it but not enough to really pursue it. Now, she focuses on charity work."

"And your dad?"

"Is a grade 'A' asshole," I grumbled. "He's never done anything for me. I was always the geeky black sheep of the family who was a failure. I'm not a partner at Cullen, Denali and Associates. He was so ashamed when I said I wanted to major in computer information systems and not pre-law. He wanted me to go to Harvard but instead I chose MIT. Even though I run a multi-million dollar corporation with my best friend, I'm never good enough. He's probably going to say something to you about your 'social status.'"

"Jasper warned me. I'm prepared for the gold digger flames," Bella said coldly. "Edward, I want you to know. I don't love you because of your money. You could be living in a cardboard box and I'd still love you. It's what inside your heart and your head that's important. Not your wallet."

"Thank you, gorgeous," I said, truly awestruck at what she said. I knew that Bella didn't care that I was rich. But to hear her say it solidified my devotion and love for her.

"And this is nice too," Bella said as she ran her hand up my inner thigh, circling my growing arousal.

"Bella," I warned, shooting her a glance. "I don't want to walk into the Capital Grille with a boner."

"Okay," Bella giggled. "I'll behave."

"Besides, tonight is all about you. It's my turn to make you feel good," I purred. Bella let out a tiny squeak and gave me a slightly terrified glare. "Do you trust me, Bella?"

"Of course, I do," she breathed.

"Then, let me..." I trailed off suggestively. Bella crossed her legs and started fanning herself. I'm getting her hot and bothered. Excellent work, Cullen. "We're here, love." I tried to calm myself. The mere thought of making Bella feel good was making my dress pants tighter. I really didn't want to walk into the restaurant with a semi. Aunt Carmen in a girdle. That fugly dog that is broadcast all over the internet. Janet Reno. My parents having sex...There we go. That did it. No more semi.

I used the valet to park my car, threatening his ever loving life and college fund if there was a ding on my car. The kid paled and nodded. That felt good. Strangely enough. Rose would be so proud of my prick-ness. The other valet helped Bella out of the car and he was staring at her breasts as she balanced on her crutches. Mine, fucker! Do you want to keep your eyeballs? Stop leering at my girlfriend's boobs. I possessively went up to Bella and wrapped my arm around her waist. My eyes narrowed and the valet shrank back.

"Edward, he was just helping me," Bella said with an eye roll.

"He was staring at your chest," I said as put my hand on the small of her back. "I'm not possessive, but..."

"These boobs are yours, sexy geek boy," Bella giggled. "I'll give you a show when we get home."

"Sweet!"

"Mr. Cullen, your party is in the private dining room upstairs," the hostess said. She looked at Bella coldly. "We don't have a functioning elevator, unfortunately."

"No big deal," I said. "Hold on to your crutches, gorgeous." I scooped her up and gave the bitchy hostess a parting sneer. I climbed the stairs with Bella in my arms. I made sure I held her dress so she wasn't giving the other patrons a free show. Once upstairs, I put Bella on her feet and she swayed until she got her bearings. She finally managed to stand up straight and we moved toward the private dining room. My mom was hugging Alice while Jasper was shaking my father's hand. Carlisle looked tired.

Please behave old man. Don't make my girl cry. If you do, I will shove her crutch up your ass.

"Edward!" Esme called. She bounded over to Bella and me. "You look so handsome, my sweet boy. Happy birthday."

"Hi, Mom," I said as I kissed her cheek. "I'd like to introduce someone very special to me. Esme Cullen, this my girlfriend and my love, Isabella Dwyer. Bella, this is my mom, Esme."

"Nice to meet you, Mrs. Cullen," Bella said shyly. She held out her hand but Esme wrapped her in a hug, causing Bella to stumble. She hissed quietly as she returned my mom's embrace.

"None of this 'Mrs. Cullen' business. Call me Esme. You are so beautiful, Bella. I can see why Edward is so taken with you," Esme said with a warm smile.

"Thank you, Esme," Bella said as she shifted on her left foot.

"What happened, Bella?" Esme asked when she finally noticed the crutches.

"I fell. Sprained my ankle," Bella blushed. "I'm getting better, but I still can't put my full weight on it."

"The hostess was a bit rude about informing us about the broken elevator," I said with a tone of harshness in my voice. "I carried her up the stairs."

"So gallant, Edward," Esme said as she ruffled my hair. "Well, let's get you in a chair, Bella. I don't want you to hurt yourself any further." Bella gave her a relieved smile and moved toward the table. I assisted her into a chair and placed her crutches in a corner. I sat down next to her and kissed her cheek.

"Happy birthday, Edward," Carlisle said in a frosty tone.

"Thank you, Dad," I replied.

"Who's this?" Carlisle said as he nodded to Bella.

"Dad, this is my girlfriend, Bella. Bella, this is my father, Carlisle Cullen," I said curtly.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Cullen," Bella said as she held out her hand. Carlisle grunted and went to sit down. "Lovely."

"Ignore him. That works best," I whispered in her ear. Bella sighed and nodded, lacing her fingers with mine under the table. Jasper sat down next to me, squeezing my shoulder. Alice was next to him who was sweet talking my father. My mom was in between Bella and Carlisle. I could tell that my mom already loved Bella. She was looking at Bella adoringly.

"So, I'd like to propose a toast," Alice chirped as she raised her glass. "To love and happiness for everyone here at this table."

"Love and happiness," we all said. Bella clinked her glass with mine and took a dainty sip of the wine. After my sip, I leaned in and kissed her lips chastely. Carlisle scoffed. I shot him a look of disdain. He stared at me indignantly. I put my arm around Bella's waist and rubbed circles on her hip. I will not kill my father at the Capital Grille. Bella's hand was resting on my thigh and she was idly tracing patterns on my suit.

"Don't let him get to you, Edward," Bella whispered as she smiled sweetly. "It's your birthday."

"And I can beat the ever living shit out of him if I want to, right?" I huffed.

"That's not how the song goes, Edward. It's 'and I can cry if I want to,'" Bella giggled.

"No one's crying tonight unless it's my father," I said as I closed my eyes. "Or if it's in throes of passion."

"Holy hell," Bella moaned.

"So, Bella, what do you do?" Carlisle asked.

"I'm an editor for Twilight Publishing," Bella responded politely. "I'm actually working with one of our authors on a book tour for the next month and half. Well, remotely, that is. My author and best friend, Rosalie Hale, pretty much told me to sit tight here until she gets in Chicago."

"Where are you staying?" Carlisle questioned. His cold eyes narrowed and I could see where he was going with this.

"She's staying with Alice and me," I said.

"Will she help out with utilities and pay a rent?"

"She's my girlfriend. Of course not," I snarled.

"Edward, don't let him get to you," Bella murmured.

"Hmmph," Carlisle said with an evil glare in my direction. "I'd make sure your valuables are locked up."

"Carlisle, behave," Esme said sternly. "I'm sorry for my husband's behavior."

The rest of our dinner was quite uncomfortable. My father kept shooting disapproving glances toward Bella and me. I could feel her tense up as the night progressed. Jasper tried to make light of the situation, poking fun at random things. But it was not working. At all. Once dinner was finished, Carlisle begrudgingly paid the bill. I was ready to. I had my wallet on the table, prepared to slip the waitress my credit card. But Carlisle paid. Good.

"Why don't you all come back to our home for some dessert and coffee?" Esme said. "We also have to give Alice and Edward their presents."

"Yay! Presents!" Alice squealed.

"Relax, PB," Jasper said as he put an arm around my sister.

"PB?" my mom snickered.

"Short for Pookie Bear," I smiled. Alice threw her napkin at me and gave me a playful glower. Esme laughed and Carlisle scoffed. Again. Dude, pull the stick from your ass. I carried Bella down the stairs, much to Carlisle's chagrin. He scowled when I gallantly picked her up. Once downstairs, the valet who was ogling my girlfriend got my car. I helped Bella into passenger seat, giving perv-boy a glare that would melt kryptonite. He looked away and held open my door. I followed my parents to their home in the Gold Coast. Bella was quiet. I was quiet. It wasn't a comfortable silence.

"Dead couple walking," Bella joked as we got closer to my parents' home. "You're dad's a piece of work."

"Be grateful it's just him. If Emmett was here, for certain I'd have an aneurysm," I chuckled darkly. "It could get ugly in there, Bella. If you want to skip this, we can."

"No. We're in this together. If your dad thinks I'm a gold digging slut, fine. I'll just kill him with kindness and then stab him in the back," Bella said with shrug.

"Bella, don't say things like that about yourself..."

"Edward, it's what your dad thinks. I've seen men like him at Rose's parties. They see a young woman who is not financially stable attach themselves to a rich man. They assume that the relationship is all about money, and trapping the rich man into a relationship with a baby. I know I'm not loaded like you, but I'm comfortable. When we do make love, I'm protected. I've been on birth control most of my adult life," Bella said simply.

"I love you, my Bella," I said as I kissed her palm of her hand.

"I love you, Edward," Bella said. She leaned into my hand and sighed deeply. "Is this your parents' home?"

"Yeah. It's where I grew up," I shrugged.

"Damn. I could fit my childhood home in the front yard," Bella giggled nervously. "However, my mom's house can give this one a run for its money."

"It's probably bigger. Real estate in Chicago is prime," I said. Bella bit her lip and reached to grab the small bag by her feet. I got her crutches and we went inside. My mom had coffee going and a cake was on the kitchen counter. I led Bella into the living room and situated her on the overstuffed chair with the ottoman so she could put her foot up.

Carlisle came into the living room and made a bee line for the chair that Bella was sitting in. "Um..."

"Dad, do you not see the huge walking cast she has on?" I snarked.

"Edward, I can move."

"No, you're going to stay there. Okay? He's a big boy and can sit somewhere else," I sneered as I stomped past him. Jasper put a comforting hand on my shoulder as I went into the kitchen to get an icepack for Bella's foot. I swiped a kitchen towel and a gel pack from the freezer. "Don't kill Dad. Don't kill Dad."

"If you don't, I will," Alice seethed. "I thought he would at least be cordial. He looks at Bella like she's the scum of the earth."

"Edward! Alice! Time to open your presents," Esme called.

"You're strong, Edward. So is Bella. You both can do this. However, if he doesn't start acting appropriately, we may have to dump his body into Lake Michigan."

"We'll use Jasper's Mercedes. It's the only one big enough for Dad's big head," I sighed. Alice linked her arm with mine and we went back into the living room. I removed Bella's cast and wrapped her very swollen ankle with the towel and icepack. She moved over and I slipped into the chair next to her. I wrapped my arms around her waist and breathed her heady scent, trying to calm my temper. Don't kill Dad.

Esme gave Alice and I a gift bag. I reached into my jacket pocket and handed Alice her present. Alice handed me a slim box while Bella handed me the tiny bag she held in her lap.

"Happy birthday, my babies," Esme said as she clapped her hands. "Alice, you go first since your chomping at the bit."

Alice tore into my present first. She read the card and smiled widely. She then saw what I gave her. "Par...Paris...Paris fa...Paris fashion...Paris fashion week? OLDER!" she shrieked as she wrapped her arms around my neck, squeezing tightly.

"Alice...can't breathe," I rasped. She loosened her hold and grinned widely. "There's more, Younger."

"You got me tickets to Versace, Gucci and Chanel? How did you do that?"

"Whitlock Technologies protects their computers," I smirked. "You like?"

"I love. Thank you, Older Brother," Alice said as she kissed my cheek.

"You're welcome, Baby Sister," I said as I ruffled her hair. She smacked my chest and went to sit by Jasper. She opened the present from my parents. She had gotten two. One was a check. The second was something different. It was a pendant with the Cullen crest on it.

"I wanted to give both of you our crest," Esme said. "It binds us. As a family. We're all Cullens. Regardless if we share that last name or not. I had mine made into a bracelet. Alice, yours is a pendant."

"It's beautiful, Mom," Alice whispered. "Thank you."

"You'll get my present, later, Alice," Jasper said suggestively.

"Will I like it?"

"Oh, yeah," Jasper smirked.

Alice kissed Jasper deeply and then turned to me. "Your turn, Older!"

I nodded and tore into the box that Alice gave me. Inside there were two tickets. To Hawaii. Maui. "Hawaii? Wow! Thank you, Alice. I really need to work on my tan," I snickered.

"It's two tickets, Edward. Who will you take?" Carlisle asked as he read his paper.

"Bella, if she wants to go," I said as I squeezed her waist. "Do you want to go to Hawaii?"

"I've never been. This business trip is the first time I've really left Arizona."

"Then it's settled. We're going to Maui," I said as I kissed her neck.

"Gold digging whore," Carlisle scoffed quietly.

Bella took a sharp intake of breath and I could see her eyes fill with tears. "What did you say?"

"Did you see the score? From the Cubs game?" Carlisle lied smoothly. Bella put her hand on my forearm, shaking her head no. I clamped my eyes shut and reached for the next bag. It was from my parents. I ripped open the card and read the poignant message my mom gave me. My father would never write anything like that. You're a failure, Edward. Never amount to anything. I thanked her for the generous check and opened the box that was inside the bag. I creaked it open and inside was a leather cuff with the Cullen Crest on it.

"Thanks, Mom," I said quietly. "It's great."

"It's from me too, Edward," Carlisle said as he stared at me.

"Thanks, Dad," I said coldly. He glared at me. I glared right back. Bella unbuttoned my right sleeve and put the cuff around my wrist. I gave her a tight smile. She then handed me the final bag. With her present. I took out the card and opened it.

My dearest Edward,

You made me a promise before I went on my trip that your heart is mine. In all seriousness, Edward, my heart, body, and soul are yours. Your gift is my promise to you that I will be yours, for all eternity. And then some.

I love you, angel.

Happy birthday!

Your Bella

I smiled and kissed her lips sweetly. "I love you, my Bella."

"That was just the card, silly," she giggled.

"Oh, right," I said as I shook the bag. A small cream box fell into my lap. Bella put her head on my shoulder and I could tell that she was biting her lip. I opened the box and inside was a sleek white gold band. I took it out and turned the ring in my hand. Then I noticed an inscription on the inside of the ring. "I am my beloved and my beloved is mine."

"Do you like it?" Bella asked fearfully.

"I love it," I replied as I kissed her soft lips. I handed the ring to her. "Put it on?" Bella nodded and reached for my right hand. I shook my head and offered my left hand. She arched a brow and slipped it on my finger.

"I can't stand this," Carlisle said as he stood up. "Edward, how can you stand her? I know you're all swept up in this whole first love nonsense. Is she that good in bed?"

"Dad!" Alice shrieked.

"What did you say?" I scowled. "Are you insinuated something less than noble, Dad? That I'm just 'fucking her?'"

"A ring, Edward? She really has you pussy whipped."

"Mr. Cullen," Bella said softly. "I love your son. Very much. And it pains me to see you treat him like this. He's the most noble man I've ever met. Edward is lucky that he has both of his parents. I only have my mom. She's married now to a wonderful man who I think of as a father. But I never had a father figure. It's shameful that Edward's father treats him so disrespectfully. On his birthday no less."

"You don't have a daddy because your mommy couldn't keep her legs closed," Carlisle spat.

Bella glared at Carlisle. "I'd rather have a slut of a mother than a prick of a father, like you."

I looked at my mother sadly. She was crying. I then glowered at my father. I tore the cuff from my wrist. "I'm no longer a Cullen." I threw it at his face. The metal hit him on the nose. "As far as you're concerned, I'm Edward Anthony Masen. Edward Cullen died the moment you called my girlfriend a whore."

Carlisle growled and he lunged for me. His hands wrapped around my neck and he squeezed. "You ungrateful brat!" I shoved him back and scowled at him. "You choose her over your family."

"Bella is my family. I have every intention of making her my wife, Carlisle. Trust me when I say that you will not be invited to the wedding," I spat.

"Get out of my house, Carlisle," Esme said coldly. Her normally warm features were firm and her eyes were lifeless. "And take this with you." She handed him a file folder.

Carlisle snatched it from her and looked at the paperwork inside. "Divorce papers?"

"I'm through. You are no longer the man I married. You are a hateful, deceitful, arrogant asshole who mistreats his children. Get the fuck out of my house before I call the police," Esme said, her voice dripping with disdain. Carlisle looked at my mother and his eyes widened in shock. He was always in control. Always cool and collected. His face grew redder and redder as he stood staring at my mother. She moved closer. I wanted to push her back. Carlisle was at his breaking point. She stood tall and glared at my father. She smacked him across the face. She then turned on her heel to go upstairs. Carlisle went to follow her. Jasper and I put a hand on his chest. He growled and stomped out of the house.

Alice ran up to me and threw her arms around my neck. I stiffly hugged her. "I'm proud of you, Edward. I love you, Older," Alice cried.

"You, too, Alice," I murmured. I released her and turned to Bella. She was curled up in a ball on the chair. Alice squeezed my arm and darted away. I sat down on the ottoman and reached for Bella. "Gorgeous?"

"I'm sorry," she wailed. My heart broke. Tears fell down my cheeks. Not because I ended my relationship with my father. But because of the sobbing angel on the chair in front of me.

"Bella, I'm the one who should be sorry," I cried. I picked her up and sat down on the chair. She clung to my chest and sobbed. "Don't cry, love. Please don't. My father...no my sperm donor is a fucking moron."

"Your family is ripped apart because of me," Bella sobbed.

"No. This was a long time coming. I've always been so afraid to stand up to him. Now, I'm done. I mean it when you're my life now," I said. "This ring that I gave you is a place holder for the engagement ring I will get for you. So we can be a family. I love you, Bella Dwyer. With all of my heart. With all of my body. With all of my soul."

"Bella?" Esme asked quietly.

"I'm so sorry, Esme," Bella sobbed.

"No. You have nothing to be sorry about. He ex-husband has changed. That was not him. I don't know what happened, but I don't honestly care. Carlisle has always treated Edward poorly. I don't know why. Out of all of my children, he is the kindest. Probably the most loving. But Carlisle sees love as a weakness, I guess. However, who supported him and loved him when he was a starving law student? Who supported and loved him when he had to take the Bar exam three times? Who supported and loved him when he worked for legal aide and got paid next to nothing? Me. That apparently means little to him as he's willing to throw it all away."

"Please tell me you didn't sign a pre-nup, Mom," I begged.

"Carlisle was broke when I met him. No pre-nup. Half of this is mine," Esme grinned evilly. "Bella, you are a beautiful, intelligent, young woman. I would be honored to have you as a daughter-in-law."

"Thank you, Esme," Bella sniffled.

"I'm sorry about the cuff, Mom."

"Hold on, Edward," Esme said. She ran off and returned a few moments later. She handed me another cuff. "This is the Masen crest. From your Grandfather. You don't have to wear it now. And don't throw away the Cullen cuff, either. You're upset and might regret that. However, you are more Masen than Cullen anyway, Edward. Big heart, brilliant mind, golden eyes."

"Can't forget the eyes," I snickered.

"I love your eyes, Edward," Bella whispered. "So pretty."

"Bella, I hate to burst your bubble. I'm a guy. Guys are not pretty."

"You have the longest lashes and your eyes are pretty. Deal with it, Cullen," Bella snickered.

"Masen. I'm a Masen, now," I said. "Well, legally, I'm still a Cullen..."

"Whatever your name is, Edward, you're still pretty," Bella giggled.

"Ugh!" I sighed as I rolled my eyes. "On that note, I'm taking my girlfriend/fiancée/future wife home. I love you, Mom. I'm sorry all of this happened."

"Me too, my sweet boy. It'll work out," Esme said. "Now let me see your rings before you go. Alice told me about your promise ring, Bella but I never got a chance to see it."

Bella and I held up our hands and my mom gushed. She hugged us both and kissed my head. "Go home, Edward. Take care of your girl. I love you both."

"Love you, too, Mom."

"Good night, Esme," Bella smiled. I stood up and gently picked up my love. I cradled her to my chest. My mom carried the crutches and my jacket to my Vanquish. I kissed my mom on the cheek after I deposited Bella into the passenger seat. My mother looked at me and gently patted my cheek. I gave her a crooked grin and eased into the driver's seat. I weaved in and out of traffic back to the condo. I parked in my spot and looked over at Bella. She was asleep in the passenger seat. Her cheeks were tear stained and her mouth in a frown. Even in sadness, she was beautiful. I caressed her cheek. She sighed and nestled against the unforgiving car door. I got out and carried her up to the condo. I bit my lip as I pondered what to do with her dress. You've seen her half naked, sexy geek boy. You can change her.

I looked down at my crotch. "Behave, you monster." I grabbed a t-shirt of mine and I untied the back of Bella's dress. I slipped the shirt over her shoulders and shimmied the dress down her body. I then laid her on the pillows, removing her cast. I went to remove my suit and I tossed it into my bag to be dry cleaned. I needed to wash the stench of Carlisle off this damn suit. However, when I removed my pocket watch, I touched the inscription reverently and placed it in my bureau in my closet. I stripped out of my suit pants. I slipped into the bathroom and took out my contacts. Once I was done, I went back into the bedroom. Bella was curled around my pillow. I slipped in behind her, spooning around her petite body. "I'm sorry, my love. You are so much better than him. I love you with everything that I am. And I will make it right. He will apologize."

"Hmmm," Bella murmured and she laced her fingers with mine. I kissed her temple and turned off the lights. "Love you, angel."

"I love you more, my Bella."

A/N: Big blow out with Daddy Cullen. What a prick, right? I hate him. How can you treat your son like that? I mean, really. This chapter was a beast to write. Anyhow, I hope you like it. I wanted to add a lemon, but the drama was too much. I do promise a lemon in the next chapter. Edward's lessons from Demetri will not be for naught. So, leave me love or suggestions for Daddy Cullen and punishment for him. XOXO!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.7K 567 29
Follow along as Sexy Geek Boy and Nerdella continue to grow as lovers and parents. Be aware, there is danger around the corner. What, you ask? Read a...
70.5K 2K 7
SEQEUL to 'Two Loves are Better than One'
237K 8.2K 56
If hatred was a disease, and love was a drug, then they were both deathly ill... and heavily addicted.
6.2K 130 25
There is nothing more beautiful than finding someone that can reach in and read every bit of your mind and still love every inch of it. e d w a r d...