A Nerd Story of Love

Av tufano79

Geekward and Nerdella...two lost souls who just want love and to be loved. ExB, AH Mer

Edward: A Brief History
Bella's Life
Dinner for Five
Plans and Preparations and Planes
Kisses and Karambas
Balloons, Apples and Lurve ...
Surprises
Leaving on a Jet Plane
Edward 2.0
Navy Pier and Strides
Hop Along Cassidy
Birthday Dinner
Requests and Promises
The Corny Toad
Conversations with a Sex Crazed Rosalie, Edward and Demetri
Meat
Whipped Cream, Fireworks and Flowers
Insert Witty Title Here
Play by Play
Home Field Advantage
Emmett's Birthday
The Hangover
Daddy Issues
Separation Anxiety
Engaged and Moving
Road Trip
Maui
Luaus, Lahaina and Sweet Loving
Reality Bytes
Say Cheese!
Cullen Children's Foundation
Halloween
Enough Drama Already, On With the Fluff!
Gobble, Gobble
The Goal ...?
Countdown
Rehearsals, Wedding and All that Jazz
Going to the Chapel ... Erm, Garden, Erm ... I'm Getting MARRIED!!
Bum Chicka Wow Wow
Trials and Tribulations
Funeral and Preparations
Renewals and New Beginnings
Epilogue

Phoenix to LA to Vegas to My Geek Charming

1.8K 45 13
Av tufano79

First off, I'd like to send a shout out to my TwiSisters (and brothers) for reading the ramblings from my brain. I've really enjoyed writing these stories and knowing that you all like them makes me super happy. MUAH! Secondly, thank you to everyone who has left a review, set up an alert or faved this story. It's overwhelming the attention that this has received. I'm truly humbled by the response. Finally, thank you to Stephanie (lvtwilight09) for the awesome banner. It's posted in my profile!

Lots of positive reinforcement with this one. Apparently you all love your virgin Geekward and Nerdella. So do I.

Anyhoozle, none of this belongs to me. It belongs to that famous writer chick. Stephenie Meyer. I just love playing with Edward and Bella because their lives are SOOOOOOOOOO much more interesting than mine.

So, here we go...

Chapter 10: Phoenix to LA to Vegas to My Geek Charming

BPOV

"Angel?" I asked as I picked up my cell phone. I was cleaning my bathroom when the phone shrilled from the nightstand.

"You cannot publish this book," Edward said coldly.

"I know, Edward. How close is it to your ordeal?" I questioned. I sat down on the toilet, kneading my muscles of my thighs.

"It was the same thing. Minus the taking it in the ass portion," Edward said. "Jeff in the book is James. I'm obviously Edward."

"I've tried talking to Jane, but she won't listen to me. I'm just the editor. I make the corrections, Edward. I can try and talk to James, ask him what his motivations were in writing the story. However, in my conversations with him, he's obstinate at best. I don't trust him."

"I don't trust him either. Let me have my attorney look at this," Edward sighed. "I'm also going to read his other books to see if there are similarities to...God, I can't even imagine."

"Edward, I wish there was something else I can do," I sniffled. "I'm so sorry."

"Bella, don't cry, gorgeous. You didn't do this. You didn't know," Edward soothed. "This is a mess."

"Tell me about it. I'm leaving with Rose the middle of next week and I'm supposed to turn over James' novel before I leave. I'm calling him tomorrow. I'm going to confront him, but not mention you. Do you trust me?"

"With my life, gorgeous," Edward whispered. "But, I don't want you to lose your job."

"I can get another one. Besides, it'll give me incentive to move to Chicago," I joked lightly. "I am so..."

"Don't apologize, Bella. You are completely innocent in all of this and probably wouldn't even have known about it if we hadn't met," Edward admonished. "I'm going to go to bed and I'll figure this out. We'll figure this out. I love you, my gorgeous girl."

"Love you, too, angel," I smiled. Three weeks. You'll see him in three weeks. Alice is making sure his schedule is free. You can do this. "See you soon."

"Not soon enough. Goodnight."

"Night." I hung up the phone and shook my head. I finished cleaning my bathroom and then went to bed, not really sleeping all that well. I missed Edward. I missed his strong body pressed against mine, spooning me protectively. I tossed and turned all night. When the alarm went off in the morning, I'm cranky and bitchy. It also doesn't help that I am getting my little friend. Aunt Flo, I hate you.

I drank a lot of coffee and drove to work. I was in a sour mood when Jane poked her head in. I was psyching myself to call James. I picked up my phone, flipping through my rolodex for James' phone number. I punched it in and waited for him to pick up, or even better, the machine.

"Hello?" James said gruffly.

"Mr. Hunter? This is Bella Dwyer from Twilight Publishing," I said smoothly. "I'm calling regards to your most recent novel, Raw Golden Memories."

"Ah, yes. One of my best pieces of work to date," James said. "What can I do for you, Ms. Dwyer?"

"I have some questions about the plot. It seems too real. Was this based in reality, Mr. Hunter?" I asked.

"Isn't all fiction based off some parts of reality, Ms. Dwyer?" James retorted. "I did use some part of my childhood in the story, but it doesn't matter. I stretched the truth. Vastly. Though, I wished it happened."

I closed my eyes and pinched my nose with my fingers. "Have you ever considered the person you may have been referring to? They can possibly sue you for slander," I said.

"Please. He would never do that," James scoffed.

"How can you be so sure?" I snapped. "Have you ever considered his feelings?"

"He got me expelled. However, he's a fucking pussy. Weak. Insignificant. He wouldn't do that. Now, if you don't have any more questions, Ms. Dwyer, I need to get going," James sneered.

"I'll be in touch, Mr. Hunter," I spat as I hung up the phone. I pushed away from my desk and went into Jane's office. I fell into a chair opposite her.

"Someone's in a bad mood," Jane laughed.

"I called James Hunter."

"And?"

"He used a real person as the basis for his main character in the newest novel. He confirmed my fears. He's confident that his 'muse' will not do anything. Jane, we can't publish this novel," I said.

"If he's done it for this novel, he's done it for others. I'm surprised that he hasn't been sued yet," Jane said. "I'll contact corporate and get his books pulled from the shelves, do some research. When you get back from this book tour, you will have your hands full. I'm putting you in charge of this."

"Got it," I said. "What if he goes to a different publisher?"

"Then it's not our problem," Jane said sadly. "I would suggest that your boyfriend get an attorney."

"He already has one," I said with a small smile.

"Excellent. Now, go do some work for Rose's tour. Some bookstores need final confirmations," Jane said. I nodded and went back to my office. I made the necessary phone calls to the bookstores and auditoriums that we were working with. I worked through lunch and made some good headway. At around three, I started packing up. I had a doctor's appointment for my shot. Joy...I love needles. Insert sarcasm here.

I get my shot and drove home, beginning the long process of packing for three months on the road. Rose has provided me with a new lingerie wardrobe, in addition to several new sexy items for my closet. The nice thing is that the hotels we booked were willing to provide laundry service for us. I was grateful for that. I didn't want to drag my suitcase of dirty clothes to a Laundromat. Yuck.

The weekend was busy for me, cleaning and preparing for my long trip. I stopped my newspaper delivery and arranged for my mail to be sent to the publishing company who would send it to whatever hotel I was staying at. The tour was starting at several local bookstores in Phoenix on Monday. The local news stations were going to be there and then we'd fly out to LA for some more book signings. I also arranged for Rose to meet with a couple of movie studios that had expressed interest in her novels.

I told Edward about my conversation with James on Sunday. He was busy with Jasper the day previous. They went to a Cubs game and he got lit. When I talked to him on Sunday afternoon on the webcam, he was still a little bleary eyed. I felt sorry for him. But I wanted to kick Jasper's ass. He was the one who got my boyfriend completely hammered with Jaeger bombs. Though, I think the hangover made Edward a little more docile when I explained James' take on his stories. His head was hurting too much for him to yell. Not that he would yell. I'd only ever heard him raise his voice once and that was to Jake. Who was thankfully still in jail.

Edward was not happy about the news about James. He said that he read most of the novels, much to his disgust. There were several instances that his childhood and teasing were mentioned in the books but nothing conclusive. His attorney didn't think he could do anything with the published novels, but the one novel that we were editing currently was riding on thin ice. I told him that we were not going to publish it. However, we couldn't stop it if he took it to another publisher. It was out of our hands.

So, here we are, Monday afternoon at Barnes and Noble in Phoenix for a book signing. Rose is sitting in the employee lounge, adjusting her curls. "Can you believe that this is happening, Bellini?"

"Not really. It'll be fun, Rose," I smiled. But it didn't quite reach my eyes. I was missing Edward. A lot.

I'm so pathetic.

"Bella, you look like someone boiled your puppy," Rose snickered. "I know you miss him. Hell, I miss him. I was living vicariously through you and Edward. He is the KING of romance."

"Yes, he is," I grinned.

"And he spoils you rotten," Rose said as she elbowed me. I giggled. I laid my hand on the necklace that he bought me. The dream catcher was in my bag. I did have to throw out the floral shop in my apartment. Unfortunately. I did take a ton of pictures of my flowers. They are currently a collage as my wallpaper on my computer. "Bella!"

"What?"

"You are a total space cadet today. Call your boyfriend."

"I don't want to call him. I want to kiss him. Hug him. Sleep with him."

"Fuck him."

"Rosalie..."

"Ugh, you are such a prude, Bellini," Rose giggled.

"Mrs. King?" asked a young woman.

"It's Hale, sweetie," Rose said coldly.

"Sorry, Ms. Hale. We're ready for you."

"Thanks. Call Edward. And I'm giving you homework for when we're in LA. Phone sex," Rose snickered.

"I'm not having phone sex with my boyfriend," I said dryly.

"You say that now..."

"ROSALIE LILLIAN HALE!"

"You are just too easy to tease, Bellini. I'll see you in a couple of hours," Rose said as she slipped through the doors. The crowd roared and I sat down on the leather sofa. I pulled out my cell phone. I was debating on whether or not to call Edward. He was probably working. Finding the cure for cancer or solving world hunger. He's brilliant like that. I should be doing my own work, but my new boss/best friend told me to call my boyfriend.

Before I could dial his number, Edward's ringtone filled the room. I smiled and picked up. "Hello?"

"I miss you," Edward smiled.

"You are a dork."

"Geek. We've discussed this," Edward snorted. "How's Rose's thing? Book signing thing?"

"Good. She just went out and the crowd went crazy," I replied. "How are you feeling? Recovered from your hangover?"

"No. I still have a headache that won't quit and I well, eating is not happening," Edward groaned. "I needed someone to hold my hair back yesterday. I'm never drinking again."

"Poor baby," I said sarcastically.

"Thanks, Bella. Scoff at my pain. I see how it is," Edward said dryly.

"I would pay money to see drunk Edward," I said. "What are you like when you're lit?"

"Um, chatty. I turn into Rosalie when I'm drunk. Absolutely no filter," Edward laughed. "But, I really don't like being drunk. I don't like being out of control."

"Type A personality?"

"Kind of. But I am loosening up. I'm just calling you to let you know that you'll have something on your doorstep when you get home. Hopefully something to make your trip a little easier."

"Are you calling from a cargo hold of a plane, Edward?"

"Ah, no. But I could fly out to Vegas," Edward offered.

"NO!" I said loudly.

"Okay," Edward chuckled. "Don't want me to join in the land of sin?"

"Um, perhaps some other time," I suggested.

"Are you alright?"

"Fine. I just miss you. A lot."

"Bella, you're kind of freaking me out here," Edward said with trepidation.

"I just am feeling a little off. I'm fine. We're fine. I miss you tremendously and really want to be in your arms," I said as a few tears slid down my cheeks. Okay a lot of tears slid down my cheeks. I really hate PMS. I curled up on the couch, trying to reign in my sobs.

"Bella, shit. Baby," Edward said brokenly. "Don't cry, love."

"I'm okay. I'm just very emotional right now," I sniffled. "You have a sister and aren't there times where she's unbearable?"

"All the time, Bella. My sister is unbearable all the time. But she gets worse when she...OH! I get it now," Edward said. I can picture him. He's probably rubbing his crimson face, mentally slapping himself. "Is there anything I can do?"

"No. I'll be fine. Honestly," I sighed.

"I can still fly out to Vegas."

"Hmmmm," I said noncommittally. "You have a company to run, Mr. Cullen. And didn't you say you need to work on your new computer geek thing?"

"Unfortunately. But hopefully it'll make me a gazillionaire and I can retire at the age of 35," Edward snickered. "Move closer to you."

"You say the sweetest things, Edward. But, we'll figure out this whole moving business later."

"Ugh, fine. I'll let you go, my gorgeous girl. I love you."

"I love you more, Edward. I'll talk to you later," I said as tears fell down my cheeks again. I hung up the phone wanting to go home and see what Edward sent me. Not that his presents made up for him not being here. But it is nice to know that he's thinking about me. Return the favor, Bella. He's been really generous with you. What can I send my millionaire boyfriend? You in a bow...

I'm getting him that for his birthday. Won't work.

Flowers?

He has a penis. Not a vag. Men don't like flowers.

"I need Rose," I grumbled as I fell onto the couch. My phone chirped. A new text from Alice.

Edward absolutely loves the Cubs. Huge fan. Whitlock Technologies has a box at Wrigley Field. Just saying – Alice

Alice, I love you and I haven't even met you! – Bella

I know. I rock. Here's our address – Alice

I saved the address to my contacts and pulled out my laptop to find something Cubs related to send to Edward.

Edward is a huge Harry Caray Fan! – Alice

You are the bestest, Alice – Bella

;-) – Alice

I found a website devoted to all things Chicago Cubs related and found a Harry Caray Logo Jersey in Cubbie Blue. The back was plain, but I could add a number and Edward's last name to later. I also found a blue Cub's beanie baby. It seemed juvenile, but cute. I ordered the two items and had them sent to Edward's address. I sent Alice an email about what I sent. She replied immediately saying that Edward would love it. I then asked her to get Edward's favorite number and his last name embroidered on the back. Alice said that she would do it herself before giving Edward my present.

By the time I was done talking to Alice and ordering my presents for my boyfriend, Rose breezed in with a huge grin on her face. She had a wonderful time signing books and taking pictures with her fans. Tomorrow morning she would have an interview with the local morning show before we needed to fly out to LA. We got a quick bite to eat and then I headed home. I saw a medium sized box next to my door. I picked it up and went inside.

I was going to stay with my mom and Phil tonight so I can leave my car at their home. So, I opened up my box from Edward. His handwriting was precise and neat on the box. And really tiny. You needed a magnifying glass to read it. Okay, not really. Anyhow, I pulled out a bunch of papers and saw what was in the box. It was a moderately stuffed lion with angel wings sewn on it. I ran my fingers through the lion's mane. It reminded me of Edward's hair, how it stuck up every which direction. As I moved my fingers along the mane, I felt a delicate chain. I twisted the chain and saw a ring hanging from it. I gulped.

I looked in the box and found a card. I ripped it open and pulled it out.

Dearest Bella,

After our conversation the other night, I found it quite ironic that you think of me as your guardian angel. You need to know that I would do anything for you. Protect you. Love you. Anything to see you smile. Your beautiful smile. So, on Saturday, I dragged Jasper all over the city trying to find you the perfect protector while we're apart. Now, Rufus (the lion) is not me, but he'll do in a pinch. I chose the lion because...well Jasper said that the lion's mane looks like my mess of hair. It actually matches the color too. If you miss me and can't get a hold of me, hug Rufus. He'll protect you.

Also, I've attached something special for you around Rufus' neck. Before I left Phoenix, I told you that I've left my heart with you. And I have. I feel completely empty without you. The ring around Rufus' neck is a promise. A promise of what we will have in the future. The heart in the ring is mine. Keep it safe.

I love you, Isabella. I miss you and I'm counting the minutes until I see you again. As I am filling this out, we have 60,000 minutes until we see each other. God, that sounds like forever. But, it'll fly by.

All my love and devotion,

Your Edward

Your Geeky Guardian Angel and Prince Charming ;-)

"I will not cry. I will not cry. I will not cry," I said. I held the lion to my chest and buried my nose in the fur. It even smelled like Edward. Like his cologne. I squealed and danced around my apartment, stumbling onto my couch. I looked at Rufus and smiled goofily. I removed the chain with the ring. I held it and stared at it. It was a white gold ring with diamonds going all the way around. The heart in the center was also encrusted in diamonds. "I will not cry." I slipped the ring my right ring finger but it wouldn't fit. I frowned and moved it to my left hand. On my wedding finger. It felt weird having something there. It wasn't an engagement ring or a wedding ring. I smiled again. I grabbed Rufus, putting him in my carryon bag.

I ran around my apartment like a mad woman. Unplugging minor appliances and lugging my suitcases out into the living area. I did one final check before heading down to my car, stuffing my suitcases into my backseat. They were so full, they would never fit in my trunk. I drove to my mom's house in the nicer part of Phoenix. I parked the car in the driveway and swiped my carryon and smaller suitcase for the night there. Using my key, I went into the large house. "Lucy! I'm home!" I shouted.

"In the kitchen, Ricky," Renee answered.

I skipped into the kitchen and saw my mom at the stove. She was cooking something. By the smell, probably something inedible. "Hi, Mom."

"Hello my Bellini," Renee said as she gave me a hug. "Did you get your hair cut?"

"Yeah. A couple of weeks ago. Rose wanted me to look fabulous for our tour," I said as I flipped my hair over my shoulders. "And she wanted to spruce me up for my boyfriend."

"Jake?"

"Ugh, no. We broke up a month ago, Mom," I said. "Someone new."

"Ooooh," Renee squealed. "Tell me all about him. What's his name? Where does he live? Is he treating you good?"

"His name is Edward Cullen. I met him on an online music forum. We started chatting and a friendship quickly grew. He, unfortunately, lives in Chicago. But he came out Memorial Day weekend for a visit and things just clicked. He's kind, gentle, intelligent, loving and hot. Mom, he's the most gorgeous man I've ever met. Plus he treats me respectfully and like a princess."

"You sound like you're in love, Isabella," Renee said with a sardonic grin.

"I am. I love him. And he feels the same way," I said as I held out my left hand.

"Is that an engagement ring?"

"No. A promise ring," I whispered. "Isn't it beautiful?"

"Absolutely stunning," Renee crooned. She picked up my hand and inspected the diamonds. She went through a huge jewelry phase after she and Phil got married. Renee got her gemology certification. "These diamonds are flawless and it looks like it's in a platinum setting. Bella, this ring is extraordinarily expensive." I gulped. "He most really love you."

"He does, Mom," I whispered. "Want to see a picture?"

"No, Isabella. I want to imagine what my daughter's boyfriend looks like. A boyfriend who buys her a $10,000 ring," Renee said with a playful smile on her lips. I fell over a little bit, glaring at my mom. "Minimally. It's probably more."

"Fuck me," I mumbled.

"No, Bella. That would be wrong," Renee laughed. "Show me your hot boyfriend!" She turned me around and shoved me out of the kitchen. I stuck my tongue out at her and went to get my laptop. I loaded up the monster and pulled up the pictures from Edward's weekend where he visited me. I found the picture I wanted and walked over to the kitchen, placing the laptop on the granite counter top. Renee came over and gasped. "Oh, Bella. He's so handsome. And the look in his eyes when stares at you."

"I know. Mom, I'd never think I'd find him," I whispered.

"Find who?"

"My Prince Charming," I sniffled as I ran my finger over Edward's cheek on the computer screen.

"I knew you would," Renee said as she hugged me tightly. "I found my prince. A little later in life, but I found him. Now you found yours. I'm so happy for you, Bellini."

"Thanks, Mom," I said.

"Now, tell me. Are you being safe?"

Ugh...I want to find a hole and crawl into it. Shoot me now.

xx ANSOL xx

After an enlightening discussion about sex, with my mom, I went to bed. I called Edward and we chatted for a few minutes. He was still feeling icky and needed his rest. I did thank him for my lion and ring. I could hear him smile when I thanked him. Then he started hacking up his left lung. I pretty much demanded that he go to sleep. He didn't fight me and said that he loved me before we hung up. I fell into a deep sleep afterward, holding Rufus, my head buried in his fur.

The next morning flew by. Rose's interview went swimmingly. She was engaging, lovely and found a new admirer. She traded numbers with the male co-host, Daryl before she left the studio. We then got into a limo and drove to the airport. The flight was uneventful. For Rosalie.

For me, I was a nervous wreck. I wanted to pull out Rufus and hold on to him for dear life. I really hated flying. Renee and I flew out to Phoenix when I was younger and we had some horrific turbulence. I clung to my mom but it didn't stop the plane from shaking relentlessly. Now, I wished I had Edward to cling to. Or at least Rufus. But a 25 year old woman doesn't hold onto a stuffed animal. Rose flagged down the flight attendant and got me a shot of something. I downed it and let the alcohol calm me, still gripping the armrests.

Once we landed, we got into the rental car and drove to the hotel. Rose had a few interviews with the LA Times and other local papers in the afternoon. I played the dutiful assistant until her interviews were over. I also called to confirm the two book signings over the next two days. Rose wanted to go out, but I wasn't feeling it. She called one of the journalists who was eying her up and they went to a club. I stayed in my hotel room.

I'm such a loser...

I was working on my computer in hotel room when I noticed Edward get online. I clicked on my webcam and opened a window. "Hey angel."

"Hi, gorgeous," Edward said, his voice much deeper than normal. His face was gaunt and he had a tired look in his eyes. His cheeks were covered with some stubble and his hair was plastered to his head.

"Edward, you should be in bed," I chastised. "You look and sound like hell."

"I know. Stupid flu. But I wanted to see you," he smiled blearily. "How's your trip so far?"

"Fine. I hate flying. I wanted to curl up in the fetal position the entire time," I shuddered.

"I'm sorry, love. What about flying do you hate?"

"Turbulence. When I flew out to Phoenix when I was in 3rd grade, we hit some nasty shit and I was afraid for my life," I said with a grimace on my face.

"Next time you fly, I'll hold you," Edward said. He sneezed loudly and pulled out a Kleenex. "I think I'm losing brain cells with this stupid thing."

"Have you gone to the doctor?"

"Tomorrow, love. I can feel it in my chest," Edward grumbled. "Jasper is actually pretty pissed at me because I had to take today and tomorrow off. I'm sorry that my illness is affecting the office, Whitlock. Cheese and rice, Batman."

"Poor baby," I cooed.

"Eh, I'll survive. I'll end up getting an antibiotic and be good as new in a few days. I'll just be cranky and evil until then," Edward snickered. "I have to wait until my fever breaks before I go back to work."

"Is it high?"

"Hovering around a hundred. Just enough to make me tired and achy," Edward shrugged. "I probably look a fright, though. Like the 'do?"

"Very sexy. You could be the poster boy for 'sick chic,'" I laughed. "I wish I was there making you feel better."

"Just by talking to you, I feel a million times better," Edward smiled and then coughed. "Okay, not so much. But you know what I mean."

"You need to get your skinny butt into bed, Mr. Cullen," I said, glaring at him. "You are sick and should be resting. Don't make me come out there. I'll brave the evil planes to drag you by your plastered hair into bed."

"Will you wear a white nurse's uniform?"

"Edward!"

"Sorry, cold medicine and alcohol have the same affect on my brain. No filter," he chuckled sheepishly.

"I'll keep the nurse's uniform in the recesses of my mind for future reference when you're sick. Sleep. Bed. Now!"

"Yes, Mom," Edward said. He sneezed and smiled sleepily. "I really miss you, baby."

"I miss you more. Even though you look like a crazed psycho with the hair do you're rocking," I snickered.

"Sexy, right?"

"It's fucking hot," I smiled. "You really do need to sleep, angel. Tomorrow is crazy busy, but I'll be available tomorrow night."

"I'll text you when I get my results of whatever I have," Edward said as he blew his nose. "Ugh, I hate this. Being sick, that is. I just feel so gross."

"Take a hot shower. It'll help with congestion," I suggested. "Then go to bed, handsome."

"I will. I love you, Bella," Edward said. He reached up and caressed his computer screen. "I'm kind of glad that I'm in Chicago right now. You are not be exposed to the nastiness in my system, but I wish I could kiss you."

"I wouldn't return it. I'm a raving bitch when I'm sick," I snickered. "I love you, angel. Feel better."

"I'll love you, even if you're a raving bitch," Edward said with a crooked grin. "But I doubt that it's possible. Talk to you tomorrow, gorgeous."

"Love you, sickie," I said sadly. He smirked and turned off his monitor as he was sneezing. Poor baby. I turned off my computer, clutching Rufus and getting into bed. I set my alarm and fell into a fitful sleep.

xx ANSOL xx

Rose's book signing at Skylight Books went well. There were a few rabid fans, but nothing the management couldn't handle. However, I didn't like it. I contacted Jane to see if we could arrange for a body guard for Rose. She was hesitant. Jane said that if the signing tomorrow went similarly, we'd arrange for a body guard. I relented and confirmed the interviews for the afternoon.

As we were driving back to the hotel, Rose gave me a look. "What?"

"Nothing," Rose said as she smiled evilly.

"Nothing my ass. Spill it, Hale," I said.

"Are you going to spend every night in the hotel room, pining for sexy geek boy?"

"No."

"Good. Because you're going out tonight. Go shopping on Rodeo drive and get a dress."

"Rose, I don't want to go out. Honestly. It's not my scene. I don't want to deal with icky, smelly boys who want to paw my chest and get in my panties," I whined. "I only went to Karambas because Edward was with me. Besides, Edward is really sick and I want to talk to him."

"You will go out in Vegas. Got it?"

"I suppose," I grumbled petulantly. Rose pinched my arm and gave me a playful smirk. I rubbed my arm where she laid into me and glared at her. That'll leave a bruise. Stupid Rosalie.

The afternoon went by uneventfully. Rose decided to not go out tonight after all. She was tired and went into her hotel room. I did some reading for Twilight. It was a young adult novel. It was cute about a prep school for witches and warlocks. Kind of like Harry Potter, but not. More adult and less cutesy. I really liked the author's writing style. Edward sent me a text saying he was still feeling terrible and was put on vocal rest. He couldn't talk. He also told me that he was off work for the rest of week. He had a nasty bout of the flu and the early stages of bronchitis. I sent him a hug and a kiss. He sent his love and affection. Well as much as he could over a text message.

The next day, we had another book signing and a meeting with several movie studios. The crowd at the second book signing was more sedate. It also helped that the majority of the patrons were older women. The meetings with the movie studios proved to be quite interesting. One studio was very intrigued and wanted to put Rose's story on the silver screen. Rose said that she needed to think about it. She got the information from the studio executive and we went shopping on Rodeo Drive.

We flew out to Vegas the next morning. Vegas was similar to Los Angeles. We flew out and arrived, having a few interviews in the hotel. Rose didn't go out that first night. However, she said that we were definitely going out the second night. I did want to wander around Vegas. Some of the hotels were absolutely gorgeous and I wanted to try my hand at gambling. The book signing at the Wynn was a madhouse. Thankfully, the hotel management arranged for some security. I was amazed at how many people loved Rose and her books. As I was standing next to Rose, my cell phone rang. Rosalie gave me a smile and said she could handle this for a little while.

I scampered into a small conference room and picked up the call. "Hello?"

"I love you, so much, Bella," Edward said deeply.

"I take it you received my surprise," I giggled.

"Alice was carrying the box up when she got home from work," Edward said. "How did you know?"

"Your sister helped me. Now you have someone to cuddle with. Dusty," I replied.

"When you come out, I'm so taking you to a game. You'll love it," Edward said excitedly. "But we're going to sit in the bleachers and have the whole experience. It'll be so much fun."

"You sound much better, Edward."

"Antibiotics are a wonderful thing. And I can actually talk," Edward smiled. "I sound like Barry White, but it's better than it was. Holy crow, barely above a whisper."

"It sounds sexy," I breathed. "Did you go back to work?"

"Nope. I go back day after tomorrow. I did do some work on the prototype. I started construction of the processor at home. I had the necessary materials. I needed to do something to feel like I was being productive. I was so bored and one can only watch so much daytime television."

"Not an Oprah fan?"

"Oprah I like. Maury Povich, not so much," he chuckled. "Anyhow, I wanted to thank you for the thoughtful gift. You didn't have to get me anything. And how did you get my name on the jersey? It looks custom!"

"You can thank your sister for that," I smiled. "She put on your favorite number and your last name."

"It's awesome. Just like my gorgeous, thoughtful, wonderful, beautiful, intelligent..."

"Edward."

"What? I'm just singing your praises. Well, rather, barking your praises since singing ain't in the cards for me for awhile," Edward sighed. "I just can't believe I'm lucky enough to have you in my life, Bella."

"I feel the same way."

"Ms. Dwyer, Ms. Hale needs your assistance," a security guard called.

"I'll be right there," I said. "Edward, I have to go. Work calls."

"I know. I miss you and we'll see each other soon. Love you, gorgeous."

"Love you more, angel." I hung up the phone and darted out to see what Rose needed. She needed to pee. She got me off the phone to pee. I was ready to strangle her neck. Really, Rose? She dashed to the bathroom and I fended off her well-wishers. She returned a few moments later and the rest of the book signing was low key.

The next day was a free day for Rose and I. We spent the morning at the pool. It felt nice to lay in the sun and let it warm my pale skin. Rose prattled on about Daryl, the co-host from the Phoenix. He had called Rose last night. They spent most of the night on the phone, talking. I could tell that Rose was smitten with Daryl and he seemed like a good guy. In the afternoon, we decided to walk around on the strip and do some shopping. I was shocked at the mall attached to Caesar's Palace, The Forum Shops. Rose bought a ton of clothes and insisted on buying me a gorgeous dress from Diane von Furstenberg. It was an aquamarine dress with a leopard print. I decided that I would wear that dress when I see Edward for the first time. Rose ended up getting a dress from Badgley Mishka, a purple halter dress with an opalescent sheen. She was going to wear it on the Sunday morning show.

Once we were finished with our shopping spree, we headed into the casino at Caesars. Rose and I sat down at a blackjack table and we were dealt in. It felt like we were playing for five minutes, but we ended up spending the rest of the night there. Rose ended up losing most of her cash that she brought with her. I nearly tripled my cash. It was sweet. We headed back to the Wynn and decided to go clubbing. I didn't want to, but Rose made me promise when I was in Los Angeles. We decided to go to Surrender in the Wynn.

Rose attacked my head with a curling iron and made me look quite sultry. I was wearing a pair of black dress pants and a black tank top with a red rhinestones on it. Rose was wearing a black pencil skirt and deep blue blouse. Her hair was straightened and her makeup was sexy. She slipped off her wedding ring, flipping her hair over her shoulder.

"Let's go get our drink on."

"I'm going on record, Rose. I don't like this," I said as I slipped my ID, phone and credit card into my pocket. "I feel like something is going to go wrong."

"Bella, nothing is going to go wrong. If a guy gets in your face, stomp on his foot with your stiletto," Rose snickered. She grabbed my arm and we headed down to Surrender. Rose paid the cover charge and went to the bar. I scoped out a table and sat down. I looked around the club and was impressed at the sheer size of it. Bigger than anything in Phoenix. Much more posh, too. Rose danced over to me and put a martini in front of me. She looked at me and smirked. "To being young and happy."

"To being young and happy," I said as I clinked my glass with hers. We sipped our drinks, some kind of chocolate martini. It was yummy. Rose moved along with the pulsing music. A guy with white blonde hair and striking eyes came up and asked her to dance. Rose gave me a look and I urged her to go. She grabbed her friend's hand and they went onto the dance floor. I crossed my legs and pulled out my cell phone.

I'm at a club in Vegas. Wish you were here, angel – Bella

I'm sitting at my desk, pounding my head over this damn processor. Wish I was with you, gorgeous – Edward

Are you feeling better? – Bella

Tons better. I can actually breathe without blowing my nose every ten seconds. But that's a bit of TMI – Edward

I've heard worse. I've smelled worse. I've witnessed worse – Bella

Do I want to know? – Edward

Have you met Rose? – Bella

Rose! I was thinking the mongoloid! LOL – Edward

Shit. I forgot about him. That was definitely worse than Rose. I'd have to air out my apartment after he left. It was so nasty. It's called washing your socks. BLECH! – Bella

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit, Bella. Nasty. Icky. Gross. – Edward

Sorry, angel – Bella

"A beautiful woman like you shouldn't be sitting by herself," came a sultry voice. I looked up and saw a tall man with long brown hair and bright blue eyes. He was tall and muscular. He looked like a darker version of Brad Pitt from Legends of the Fall. "Can I buy you a drink?"

"Um, I've got one, thanks," I said as I motioned to my chocolate martini.

"Want to dance?"

"Listen, um...what's your name?"

"Demetri."

"Listen, Demetri. I'm not available," I blushed. "I'm texting my boyfriend."

"He's a lucky man. What's your name?"

"Bella."

"He's a very lucky man, Bella. However, I'd be more interested in your boyfriend than you," Demetri snickered. "I'm gay."

"Oh...OH!" I said as my eyes grew wide. "I thought...that...oh my GOD!"

"Relax, Bella. You're going to prematurely gray," Demetri laughed as he sat down.

My phone beeped and I noticed that Edward had sent me a few texts.

Bella? Is everything alright? – Edward

Everything is fine. Someone came up to me and offered to buy me a drink – Bella

Do I need to fly out to Vegas and kick some ass? - Edward

No, angel. Demetri, my friend, is gay. He'd want you before he'd want me – Bella

Okay. I can live with a gay man taking care of my girlfriend if I can't. I'll let you go, love. Have fun – Edward

I will. But not as much as I would if you were here. Love you. – Bella

Love you more – Edward

"Sorry, Demetri. My boyfriend was freaking out a bit," I said as I wrinkled my nose. "He lives in Chicago."

"Me too. I'm a stock broker, but I'm on vacation with a bunch of my buddies," Demetri said. "Perhaps we can trade numbers and if you're ever in Chicago, we can get together with your boyfriend!"

"Sounds cool. I'm actually heading there on Wednesday. To Chicago, that is. I'm surprising my boyfriend. For his birthday," I grinned.

"What's your boyfriend's name?"

"Edward Cullen," I answered.

"Any relation to Emmett Cullen?" Demetri asked.

"I think Emmett is Edward's brother," I replied.

"Small world," Demetri said as he smiled. But it didn't reach his eyes. I furrowed my brow. "There's been some talk about an Emmett Cullen doing insider trading and some shady business. I'm not exactly sure."

"Damn."

"Enough of this serious talk. I'm taking you under my wing, beautiful Bella. No straight man will touch you all night. I'll be your gay boyfriend for the night, only no kissing. But you can touch my butt," Demetri snorted. "Let's boogie, girl." Demetri grabbed my hand and led me to the dance floor. Rose was grinding with her guy. She smirked. I introduced Demetri to Rose and they hit it off.

Demetri led me in an intricate dance. Just like Edward did. Thankfully, I didn't spear Demetri's foot. That would have sucked. Just like Demetri predicted, no straight man approached me. He pretended to be a doting boyfriend and he made me feel comfortable in an uncomfortable club. Around two, Demetri said he was going to go. I left with him. Rose was making out with her 'friend' and looked like she was going to score. Demetri escorted me to my door. "I had a good time, beautiful Bella. When you're in Chicago, you'll have to come out with me and my boyfriend. Bring yours with you."

"I will. But why did you pretend to be my boyfriend. You don't know me," I said.

"My buddies don't know that I'm gay. They're a little closed minded. So if I pretend to be straight, they'll back off. Besides, you were the most beautiful woman in the room," Demetri smiled. "They couldn't fault me."

"What would your boyfriend say?" I joked.

"He knows I love him. Alec is a wonderful man. And understanding. He gets that I'm not exactly comfortable being out with him but he loves me anyway," Demetri shrugged. "Give me your phone, beautiful Bella." I handed him my cell phone and he programmed his number into it. He then called his phone with mine. "If anything happens in Chicago and you need a friend, you've got my number. Have fun in Vegas and perhaps we'll get together in Chi-town!"

"Thanks again, Demetri," I said as I hugged him. He picked me up and kissed my cheek. I waved and slid into my hotel room. I took a quick shower. After, I sent a Rose a text, reminding her that she needed to be up by six for her interview. I know that she probably won't roll into her room until six, but I still needed to do my job. I held Rufus to my chest and fell into a deep sleep, happy I made a new friend and in three days I'd see Edward.

xx ANSOL xx

Rose never slept the day that she had her interview. She was so grateful for the makeup people that day. After the interview, she went to her hotel room and slept until the book signing in the afternoon. She barely made it through that. I had to slip her a Five Hour Energy to keep her awake. Suffice it to say, Rose went to bed pretty early that night.

The next day was another book signing and a photo shoot for some glossy Vegas magazine. The day after was two more book signings and a night at the club. I stayed back because I needed to finish reading the assignment from Jane. Rose let me out of it. She also didn't want me hung-over when I arrived in Chicago. I was leaving early the next day. I contacted Alice during Rose's book signing. Alice was going to pick me up and she arranged for a hotel room for me. However, she had a feeling that I wouldn't need it. I curled up in my bed, hugging Rufus. I couldn't sleep though. I was so excited to see Edward. I was going to be in the same time zone. Same air. Same city. I squealed and squeezed Rufus tightly, running my fingers through his crazy mane. I eventually fell asleep and dreamt of Edward.

My alarm went off too soon the next morning. I groaned and padded to the bathroom. I showered and put some makeup on. I ran some mousse through my hair and curled it slightly. I went back into the room and packed my smaller suitcase. Rose was going to take my larger suitcase to Denver for me so I didn't have to deal with it. A quiet knocked interrupted my packing. I stood up and saw Rose standing outside my room. She had on a huge smile. "You have fun, Bella. Say hi to sexy geek boy for me."

"Thanks, Rose. And thank you for letting me fly out there for his birthday," I said as I hugged her.

"I know how miserable you are without him," Rose said as she kissed my cheek. "Have fun and I'll see you in New Orleans."

"Yay!" I squealed. Rose gave me another smile and grabbed my big suitcase. She winked as she left my room. I finished packing and headed down to the lobby. The doorman got me a taxi and I rode to the airport. I was lightly running my fingers over my ring, smiling widely. The taxi dropped me off and I checked into the airline, depositing my suitcase at the check in counter. I carried my purse and carryon to the security check point , working my way through it. I walked through the airport and sat down at my gate, pulling out a book to read. Something that I wanted to read. Wuthering Heights.

I was about halfway through the book when my flight was called. I got on and settled into my seat. I popped in my iPod and relaxed. Well, as much as I could. The plane filled up and soon we were airborne. I only freaked out once when the plane dipped suddenly. Thankfully, my seatmate was understanding.

The flight went by surprisingly quickly. Before I knew it, we were landing at O'Hare International Airport. I was happy to be in Chicago. In Illinois. Close to Edward. The doors opened to the plane and we got off slowly. I wanted to barrel through all of them to get to baggage claim. Alas, you can only go as fast as the person in front of you. As soon as I was out of the plane, I sprinted to the baggage claim. I picked up my bag and called Alice. She asked what vestibule I was closest to. I answered her and she said that she would meet me in a yellow Porsche at that vestibule, furthest one from the terminal. I grinned like an idiot and darted out. Alice sped up and waved wildly.

"Bella!" she shrieked as she hopped out of her car, throwing her arms around my neck. "You are gorgeous. My brother's descriptions don't do you justice."

"Nice to meet you, too, Alice," I giggled. Alice pulled away and grinned crookedly. Edward's smile. I looked at the small girl in front of me. I could definitely tell that she was Edward's sister. They had the same pale skin, same nose and face shape. However, Alice's hair was short, black and spiky. She was also a few inches shorter than me. She looked like Tinkerbelle.

"So, Edward is at the office until five. We have a few hours before I have to bring you to the condo. Do you want to check into the hotel or just come back with me to Chez Cullen?"

"I don't think I want to stay at the hotel, but I don't want to presume," I blushed.

"Oh, gosh, he'll want to hold you all night and never let you go. Let's get something to eat so I can learn all about my new sister," Alice said as she grabbed my suitcase, tossing it into the backseat of her Porsche.

"Sister?"

"I have a keen sense of things, Bella. You and Edward are destined to be married," Alice said as she slid into her car. I followed suit and she sped off. Holy crow, she drives insanely fast. We flew down the highway until we pulled up to an Italian restaurant, Tufano's. "Edward loves their chicken parmesan."

"I know. He told me," I smiled. She hopped out and we headed into the restaurant. Alice shared with me stories about her and Edward as children. She also told me about he was relentlessly teased. I wanted to punch all of those hateful children who hurt him. However, his biggest tormentor was James. Now I understand why James never would think that Edward would press charges. In James' eyes, Edward was weak. Never stood up for himself. Alice also said that he has grown in the past month and a half since we've started talking. He's gotten stronger, more self-assured, confident, and cocky even. I smirked at that last one. Edward was still really shy, but he did have a cocky edge to certain aspects of his personality. Especially when it came to his music or his computers.

Alice asked me about my job and I told her about Twilight and the book tour I was on with Rose. I also told Alice about my childhood experiences and she said that Edward and I were kindred spirits. I couldn't agree more. After we finished our lunch, Alice drove me to her condo that she shared with Edward. We rode up the elevator and arrived at the penthouse. It was absolutely gorgeous. Light and airy with windows everywhere.

Alice dragged me into her bedroom and started attacking my head with a curling iron. God, another Rosalie. I smiled through it as Alice enhanced my beauty. My hair was curled, my makeup was adjusted and I was in the dress that Rose had bought for me. Alice handed me a pair of beige pumps that were insanely high as I heard the door open in the condo.

"Alice! I'm home!" Edward called.

"Be right out, Edward," Alice shouted back. "Are you ready?"

My heart fluttered and my palms were sweating. I gulped and nodded.

"I hope you don't mind. I have a friend over, Edward," Alice said with a wicked grin. She pulled my hand and led me into the common area. "I think you know her."

"If you're trying to set me up, Mary Alice," Edward grumbled as he turned around, staring right at me. I gave him a wide grin. He blinked and took off his glasses. He rubbed his eyes and put his glasses back on. "Am I dreaming? Or is Bella standing in my living room?"

Alice skipped over to her brother and gave him a shove. "Bella is standing in your living room, Older," Alice giggled. Edward walked over to me and his fingers danced along my arms, gauging if I was real.

"You're here?"

"I'm here," I whispered.

Edward blinked a few more times and pulled me into a passionate embrace, his lips crashing against mine. He kept repeating 'You're here' and 'I love you' as he kissed me. I couldn't breathe or I would have responded. We pulled apart and Edward rested his forehead against mine. "I can't believe you're here."

"Surprise," I said as I ran my fingers along his face. "Happy birthday, Edward."

"Hmmm, best birthday ever," he said as he kissed my lips softly. "I love you."

"I love you, too."

We heard a quiet cough and we turned to look at Alice. She was grinning crookedly. "Three months."

"Three months, what, Younger?" Edward asked.

"You're going to have a ring on her finger in three months," Alice chirped.

"You're off, Alice. He already got a ring on my finger," I laughed. Edward picked up my left hand and kissed the promise ring he sent me. "I love it, Edward. Now I can properly thank you."

"I know about the promise ring. I'm talking about an ENGAGEMENT ring," Alice clarified. "I get to plan a wedding."

"Alice," Edward growled. "Go play with Jasper."

"Okay. But remember our rule. No sex in the common areas," Alice snickered.

Edward groaned and dropped his head to my shoulder. His lips danced along my skin. He was mumbling something about being an only child and killing a pixie. I ran my fingers through his hair and chuckled at his frustration. Alice danced out of the condo, ruffling Edward's hair. On her shoulder was a small duffle bag. Once she was gone, Edward turned to look at me. His were filled such joy. "You're really here."

"I'm really here," I smiled.

"God, I love you," he said as he kissed me again. And I'm never leaving his side. Ever.

A/N: Yeah, this was a struggle for me to write. Trying to get Bella through Edward's absence and keeping the story going. However, I did introduce a fun new character. Demetri! I love him. He'll be playing a role in the story. Predominantly with Emmett and his 'issues.' So, leave me love in the form of reviews. They're better than being reunited with Geekward. *Sigh* MUAH!

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

8.3K 186 29
Alice Cullen x Oc ~
261 11 9
An existential crisis drives an old friend of Bella's to seek her out, and she realises just how much there is to learn about life from friends who h...
25 0 8
Bella and Edward grew up together. They've shared a lot of firsts, but never the ones of the intimate sort, both always fearing it would ruin the rel...