Behind the mask - Erik Killmo...

By 3riche

This story has been discontinued. There will be no more updates. - Everyone has a mask. Whether it is a mask... More

Introduction
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 19

1.9K 66 10
By 3riche

I've been thinking all day and night about what Erik said. What was he going to tell me that was supposedly going to change my life? Is he? No, he can't.. It's possible though. Yeah, maybe he is finally going to propose to me.

But on the other side. It's Erik so I won't expect anything big actually. I step out of bed. I do my 5 minute exercise and perform my morning routine. With only a towel around my body, I walk to my closet. I put my outfit on.

I search in my shoe closet what to wear. I end up grabbing my white FILA sneakers. I put my hair in a low, sleek pony tail.
A knock on the door grabs my attention. I open the door and see a Dora Milaje warrior standing in the door opening. 'The king needs your presence.' 'Okay. I'll be right behind you.' I rush over to my vanity and spritz my neck with some parfume.

Erik Stevens "Killmonger" POV
After I sent the warrior to get Yara, I patiently wait. I try to contain my nerves. This girl really is something. I never get nervous. For nobody. Will she like the surprise or not? Is the question that keeps repeating itself in my head. The warrior enters the throne room with Yara behind her. The warrior joins the others. Yara is wearing a light pink buttoned up shirt with blue jeans that make her curves pop. I never had been this attracted to a girl. 'What is this?' She asks. I take her by her hand.

'What do you think about going to America?' Her eyebrows furrow. 'America? I thought you were going to ask me something else.' 'Something like what?' I ask laughing. 'Nevermind. When are we going?' 'Tonight. So pack your bags and meet me at the exit in an hour.' A big smile appears on her beautiful face. 'Thank you Erik.' 'You don't have to thank me for anything, sweet cheeks.'

N'Yarai Jabari POV
I won't lie.. I really thought he was about to propose to me. I just have to keep that thought out of my mind or else I'll get disappointed every time.

After I pack my bags with every clothing of the seasons because I don't know what the weather in America is, I meet Erik at the exit. 'I didn't even get to announce to anyone that I was leaving.' 'Don't worry. I've got it all handled Yara. Just relax and enjoy this trip for me okay?' I nod. 'Fine.'
When we step outside a jet is waiting on us. Okoye steps outside. 'Hello my king.' Erik greets her with a nod. 'Hi Okoye, how are you?' 'I'm wonderful thanks for asking.' We step into the jet and leave.

When I sit on the couch, moments later I start to feel a familiar pain in my abdomen. 'You must be kidding me. I just ended my period a few weeks ago!' I mutter. 'Whats wrong?' Erik asks. 'Uh, nothing! I'll be right back.' I rush to the bathroom. After struggling in there for about 10 minutes I exit. 'You good? You took a long time in there.' I nod. 'Everything's fine.'

After a lot of Netflix and food - two hours later - we abruptly stop. 'Why are we stopping? It's another two hours before we arrive in America.' 'I know that N'Yarai. But don't you think it's weird if a "spaceship" enters the US like it's nothing?' I sigh. 'You're right.' I grab my two tote bags and step out. 'So how are we now going to continue our journey to the US?'

Erik smiles at me. Suddenly, a black jeep pulls up in front of us. 'I told you I got everything handled.' I open the trunk and put my and his luggage in there. 'When you get there, I promise you're gonna love it.' He opens my door and I jump in. After he had checked if everything is in order, we start riding.

'What if I befriend an American? They don't even got a SI, how am I supposed to contact the person?' He laughs. 'With a phone.' 'What?! That old thing? They still use those!?' He laughs again. 'This is going to be a nightmare.' 'Come on sweet cheeks, don't be a prissy now.' I look at him a if-you-don't-shut-your-mouth glare.

'I love how you look at me when you're irritated. It turns me on.' I roll my eyes. 'Erik, please shut your mouth.'

Erik Stevens "Killmonger" POV
After about an hour riding, I pull up to the tank station. I look beside me and see Yara sleeping. The sun shines through the car window right on her face. The sun accentuates her cheek bones. She turns around and shadow falls over her face. She manages to keep me interested in her and her only. If she was another girl I would have stopped showing her attention months ago. But like I have said before, she's so different.

I step out and tank the car. When I'm done I walk to the shop to pay. There is nobody there except for the cashier worker. While I'm paying the news catches my attention. 'There have been 5 bank robbery's in the past 2 weeks. The police suspects that the person who is behind this all, is Gimmick Hall. A 34-year old man who has been charged before with attempted murder & fraud.'

I shrug and walk back to the car. I see Yara watching the news from her Kimoyo bead bracelet. 'How did you sleep?' I ask. 'Good. This guy who robs banks is really pathetic. He clearly doesn't have a life.' 'A man's gotta do what he gotta do.' 'What do you mean by that?'

'Maybe he got a family to take care of Yara.' 'He has to do it another way. What if he gets caught and they throw him jail? Then all that was for nothing.' 'I wasn't for nothing though, the family has money now.' 'They maybe have money, but they don't have love.' I look at her. 'Materialistic things don't matter. They disappear in a matter of time. While love.. love is always there.'

'I love you Yara.' 'Ugh, since when did you become so sentimental Erik the great Killmonger?' I laugh. 'Since I met this girl named N'Yarai but I call her sweet cheeks because when I look at her cakes, I think about sweet things. Like how I wanna tear that cake up.' She laughs loudly. 'You just reached a whole new level of being nasty. I tired of you.' 'That's what you got sleep for.' A big smile creeps up on her face.

After another one hour ride we arrive at our house.

She squeals. 'Erik! Why did you rent this house!? We are only staying here for a couple of days right?' 'Yes we are, but I want you to be comfortable and happy.' I step out of the car and take our luggage out of the trunk.

She opens the door and immediately starts roaming around. She touches every painting she walks by. 'This is the nicest house I have ever touched- I mean seen.'
I laugh. 'You are really strange sometimes.' 'Yea, tell me something I don't know.'

N'Yarai Jabari POV
After talking about everything and nothing we put our pajamas- well I, put my pajamas on since Erik is sleeping in only his basketball shorts. My fingers trace every scar on his body. I lay my head on chest. I hear his heartbeat reverberate in my ears. It sounds faster than normal. 'Why is your heart beating so fast?' I ask while lifting my head up, to look at him. 'Because I have to pee but I don't want to get up. This bed is too comfortable.' I laugh. 'Go silly.' He jumps up and runs to the bathroom.

That's what I love about him. Sometimes you think he is gonna say something romantic, and most of the times he does. But then sometimes he says some the stupidest things that just wanna make you laugh your ass off.

One thing I know for sure, is that I'm never going to get tired of him.

_______________________________________________

Soooo I changed my book cover and idk if I like it🙁
Comment If you like the new one better.

And thank you so much for 6K!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️ 
The reads are going sooo fast! 🚴🏿‍♂️

Love E.🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

74.7K 2.7K 42
โ€โžท โ‹†หšโ‚Š [โœณ] หš* ยท ยฐ โ—Œ โmay the king rest in power.โž ๐–Ž๐–“ ๐–œ๐–๐–Ž๐–ˆ๐–, two exes are reunited and fall in love all over again while saving their country.
96.6K 4.6K 84
The third and final book to the changed series. Brianna's been gone due to certain circumstances and work. T'Challa has another crazy ex who is back...
1.7K 72 3
Reader and Steve have been dating for some time. One day Steve leaves for a mission. A moment between Bucky and reader might disturb the order of thi...
2.4K 59 4
A group of friends get closer during their weekly game night. What happens when one friend confesses their love for Erik.... All stories belong to Ho...