Chapter 13

Two weeks have passed now. Erik and I have been getting closer but we have had a few fights. That's what COUPLES do right?
And yes! If you hadn't noticed. Erik asked me to be his girlfriend about a week ago. I remember it like it was yesterday.

'Yara, I've got a surprise for you.' He says while he walks up to me. 'What kind of surprise?' 'It wouldn't be a surprise anymore if I told you would it?' I look at him suspiciously and follow him. He puts a blanket over my shoulders. 'Are we going outside? Why didn't you tell me. I could've worn something warmer.' 'Don't worry sweet cheeks. I'll keep you warm.' He leads me outside were I see a ice sculpture. 'I tried to make you and me but I failed miserably.' I laugh at the deformed sculptures hugging each other. 'I appreciate it Erik. It's kinda romantic.'

He grins. 'This is nothing compared with what I can really do.' I roll my eyes. He can never be sweet without letting nasty Erik out afterwards. I counted it. Last time sweet Erik lasted 2 minutes. 'I brought you out here to ask you something serious.' He holds both of my hands. 'I want you to be mine sweet cheeks.' I let out a sigh of relief. FINALLY. After knowing each other for 8 months he is finally asking me out! 'That took long enough.' I say before pulling him by his clothes into a kiss.

With every good thing that has happened now I'm still worried. Leena and her troops still haven't attacked yet or been in our territory. What if their attack will be vicious? Maybe that's what taking them so long.

Erik and I have made 6 different fighting routines. Why so many? Well, you never know who is loyal to you or loyal to somebody else. So when they attack we will surprise them.

We have been having debates on what we should do about the throne. T'Challa is back and wants his throne but Erik is stubborn and is not letting it go. The best solution I've come up with is to make them both the Kings of Wakanda. Weird? I know but there is no other option if you want to make them both happy.

I on the other hand, have finally accepted the title of princess of Jabari. But only because he asked it so much. M'Baku and I have been getting much closer than I thought. But I will never call him dad after what he told me. I slightly feel my food coming up.

A beep from my bracelet makes me wake up from my train of thoughts.

"Meeting in the throne room. Your presence is needed." 

— Erik.

I put on my comfy slippers and walk to the throne room. 'Wassup, I was needed I hear.' Everyone looks at me with serious faces. 'What happend?' 'For a king to be chosen, Erik and T'Challa have to fight again.' My father says while he looks lost in his thoughts. 'No! That will not happen!' I snap. Erik and T'Challa both mean so much to me. I'll be damned if something happens to one of them.

'N'Yarai it is not in your place to make decisions regarding royalty of Wakanda.' Okoye speaks. 'I don't care! No fight will happen. Not now, not ever. And If I see that it does happen.. I will never forgive anyone of you.' I speak in a normal but stern voice.

I storm out and go outside. The cold air brushes against my skin. I breathe the fresh air in and out. These people are testing me too much. I'm only 21 but I already got the blood pressure of a 80 year old.

Erik Stevens "Killmonger" POV
I smile on the inside. Her temper always gets me turned on. But I feel semi-bad for what I'm about to do. 'I'm sorry about your daughter M'Baku but we need to have to fight happen. Otherwise Wakanda will be doomed.' T'Challa says. I roll my eyes. 'Wakanda with me as it's king will be a paradise.' I grin. 'Well look at how that worked out.' I clench my jaw. I grab the arm support of the chair to calm myself down. I doesn't work until I think about N'Yarai. Her face, her body, her presence.

I stand up. 'The fight will happen in a hour. Be prepared.' I say before I walk out. I enter my room and start doing push ups.

N'Yarai Jabari POV
I lay in my mother's arms. 'Mama?' 'Yes Yara?' 'How did you deal with M'Baku when he didn't listen to your commands?' She sighs. 'Well, your father is a man of his own. If he wants to do something. He will, no matter what anybody says to him. You are just like him.' I sigh and close my eyes.

'Do you love the new king Yara?' I nod my head. 'Then make sure you protect him with all of your strength and guide him to safety.' 'Thank you mama.' 'You're welcome entle.' (means beautiful) A few moments later my bracelet beeps.

"T'Challa and Killmonger are going to kill me if they find out about this, but come to the training room ASAP. The fight is beginning."

— Shuri.

I run out my mothers arms. 'I'll be right back!'
Within a few seconds I arrive. I try to open the door but it's locked. Stupid they are. I kick the door in it's weak spot and it busts open. Many heads turn to look at me. I walk to the center of the crowd and see them fighting. I whistle. They still continue to fight. I'm sick of this!

I jump off the low tribune and walk into the fighting circle. 'Yara, get out of there! You will get hurt!' I ignore Nakia's comment. 'STOP!' They finally listen and look at me shocked. 'N'Yarai what are you doing here?' T'Challa asks. Erik takes his chance and tackles him to the ground. They both get up and fight. When Erik is wanting to strike I jump in front of T'Challa. His sword slices through my waist. My white shirt slowly turns red. 'Yara!' He yells while rushing to me.

'You have to stop fighting.' I manage to say through the pain. He quickly nods. 'I'm so-' he gets cut off by hundreds of beeping noises. I look at my hand and see the ring notifier beeping. What have I gotten myself into..
_______________________________________________

I'm actually supposed to be asleep rn. But the ideas just started flowing

Love E.🖤