Chapter 15

My whole world seems to stop the second those words leave his mouth. 'What?' I ask so softly I almost didn't hear it myself. 'I don't want to be with you.' Tears begin to form in my eyes, threatening to fall onto my cheeks. 'But.. Erik.. you said you loved me.' A tear escapes my eye. 'I did. But it was a lie.' More tears fall. 'I love you Erik.. please.. no..' I hold his hand but he pulls away. He doesn't look back and leaves. The love of my life leaves me.

I begin to breath heavily. Is this what a heartbreak feels like? I feel like he has just ripped my heart out of my chest and spit on it. I feel betrayed. He knew that I had difficulty opening up to people. He knew! And yet he was the first one to hurt me. I will never forget that.

The next day.
I wake up feeling like I got hit by a truck. I think about yesterday's events. That bastard! I get up and perform my morning routine. I put on my black armor and decide to straighten my hair. Well, showing him what he is missing isn't a crime right? After I'm done I walk down the hallway. I see that his door is open. I take a look and see nobody inside. Should I do it or not?

I order the guard to give me a sign when someone is coming. He nods. I enter his "new" room. A picture of a lady in her mid 30's lies on the nightstand. Probably his mother. I look around and see a trophy by the TV. I smile before I pick it up and smash it on the ground. The head of the trophy breaks off. This feels good, I must admit.

I put on a hand glove and smash all of his framed pictures. I hear the guard whistle. I quickly sneak out and walk towards the throne room with a big smile on my face.

'Hey M'Baku.' 'Why are you so happy?' He asks. 'Just because..'
He suddenly looks at me with a serious face. 'N'Yarai, your mother and I are back together.' My mouth falls open. 'What!? Really? Wow... now I can finally have a normal family and-' 'Yara. Yesterday after the attack, a big amount of Wakandans went back to their mother land. They are repairing the broken buildings and houses. They are almost done, they said it will take about 1-2 days more before they are finished.' He cuts me off.

I'm happy and sad at the same time because I want to go back to Wakanda with my mother and him but he is the King so he can't leave when he wants. 'And your mother wants to stay here. She will be the queen of the Jabari tribe.' I stare at him in shock. 'Father, you can't be serious right!? I love Wakanda, that is my home. I can't stay here if that's what you wanted to ask me.' He sighs disappointed. 'Wait.. did you just call me father?' He says excited.

I roll my eyes. He screams and jumps around. 'SHE CALLED ME HER FATHER!' He screams from his throne room to the mountains. 'I promise to visit every week. But I cannot stay, I must serve my country plus I am T'Challa's combat trainer after all.'

'I understood T'Challa isn't king anymore?' I nod. 'The Erik boy is.' He looks suspiciously at me. 'You love him ye?' I stare at him with a blank face before answering. 'Wedijēwalehu.' (means I loved him in the Amharic language)
'WHO WENT INTO MY ROOM?' I hear Erik yelling from down the hallway. I smile to myself before leaving the throne room.

I walk into Shuri's workplace where I see everyone including Erik sit. I sit next to Shuri. 'What's this?' I ask.
'Somebody went into Erik his room and thrashed all of his stuff. I don't know who did this, but who did, is a genius.'

'You all may know why I asked you to come gather here. My room was thrashed by one of y'all. And I wanna know who.' He says while he looks at each of us. When he looks at me I look at my nails trying to look unbothered. 'WHO DID IT?' He yells. Most of the people look at him with fear. He is actually a pathetic leader, putting fear in his people, shame on you.

He asks everyone one by one if they did it. He turns to me. 'Did you do it?' I look him in the eyes with a blank stare. 'I don't know what you are talking about, my king.' He looks at me suspiciously. 'You're lying.'
'You're right. I did do it.' I say while crossing my arms. People gasp.

'Guards, bring her to the cells.' My eyes open widely in shock. The Wakandan guards walk up to me. I quickly stand up. 'Do not touch me. I am the Princess of Jabari, daughter of King M'Baku. You are on our ground so touch me and my father will have your head.' I snap. the guards nod and walk back to their places. 'I AM YOUR KING! DO AS I SAY NOW!' He yells.

The guards don't listen and stand still. 'Erik, you are so pathetic. I thought maybe Wakanda needed you as their king. But you are one piece of crap.' If I didn't know better I would say that there is steam coming from his nose. He looks at me with anger in his eyes. He transforms into his Golden Jaguar.

I quickly grab my two swords and stand in defense mode. 'YOU KILLED MY MOTHER AND FOR THAT YOU WILL PAY!' He yells angry. His voice is way deeper than normal which means he is really raging.

'Wait what? I didn't kill anybody!' I say confused. He ignores my comment and tries to kick me. I dodge. 'Erik. Listen to me. I have never killed anybody in my entire life. I haven't killed your mother.' He punches me on my wound that is still healing. I wince in pain almost dropping my weapons.

I really have no chance against him. He is in a stupid cat suit that is unbreakable. But.. he isn't wearing his helmet. I see a vase on the table. I take it and smash Erik with it in the head. He passes out. The people cheer happily. 'Bring him to my room.' I say to the guards. They nod and do as I say.

I don't know who put this lie in his head, and why.. But I'm gonna find out.

_______________________________________________

Thank you for reading😊

Love E.🖤