Chapter 10

I stare at him for a few seconds before answering. 'I will accept you being in my life more just because you're asking so nicely. But I will not be the princess of Jabari.' He nods quickly. 'Sorry. Too soon. Do you want to train with me?' 'What kind of training do you do?'

'Arching.' The excitement pumps into my body. I calm myself down. 'Cool.. I'll see you there in a few minutes.' I answer as casually as possible. I close the door and see Erik standing in the doorframe of the bathroom. This time with clothes on. He is wearing a navy sweater with black jeans and black leather boots.

'Who was that?' 'My father.' 'And?' 'I'm going to train archery with him.' 'I'm proud of you.' My hart melts. I don't know where the old Erik is but I hope he stays far away. 'Thank you.' I walk over to him. I notice that he follows my every move. I place a kiss on his lips. He smacks my butt making me squeal. There is the old Erik again. 'Don't. You. Ever. Do. That. Again.' I say while smacking his head after every word. He laughs and wraps his arms around my waist.

'I got to go.' I say sad. 'Promise me that you'll be careful.' 'Hmm.. I'll think about it.' I smile and go to the training ground.
I enter a big, all white hall. Four wooden and giant statues are lined up next to each other. Four archery devices are at a distance of fifteen meters before the statues.
'This quite a boring training hall.' 'If you want I could decorate it more.' I shake my head. 'It's okay.'

After ten minutes he has explained how I should use the bow. 'Now we are going to do the real work.' He picks up a arrow and lays it on his support (on his bow).
He pulls the elastic as far as he can. He closes one eye, probably calculating when he should let loose. After a matter of seconds he lets loose and the arrow flies through the air. It lands on the heart of the statue. 'Impressive.' I admit.

'Now it's you turn. Let's see if you really have Jabari blood in you.' I pick up a bow and an arrow. I breathe in and out and lay my arrow on the support. I focus and... let loose.

'That was better than expected

'That was better than expected. Although I didn't think that you were aiming for his cross.' M'Baku laughs. I actually wasn't but I'm not gonna say so. 'Thank you. So what is next?' 'This is just the beginning N'Yarai.'

                                           •

I thought he was joking when he said that. He taught me how to throw a spear more than 20 meters away. I only managed to throw it 4 meters away. While he got 24 meters. Jabari's are strong men, I can't lie.

I walk to Shuri's room. Nakia, Okoye, Erik, Shuri and T'Challa are present. I'm surprised Erik & T'Challa are in the same room without being at each others throats. 'What are you all doing here?' I ask confused. 'There is something happening.. something bad.'
_______________________________________________

A quick filler chap. (Kinda boring) but thanks for reading 🙏🏿 .   more drama is comingggg👀🔥

Love. E🖤