Trust the Instinct>>&gt...

By writtergirl2

After everything that has happened in the past few months, The Kanima and the death of her mother. Emily Arge... More

Trust the Instinct// Teen wolf
Emily Does Not Like Group Dates
Derek And His Blowtorch
Mid Evil Torture Device
Author's note Please read!!!!!!
Rising Tensions
Shades Of Gray
Human Sacrifices, Why Not?
Allison Is A Ninja
She Will Fight
Because I Love You
This Is When
No Matter What
Emily Hates Miss. Blake
We Stand With Those Who Stand With Us
Regrets
Emily's Anger Problems
Always A Plan B
Protecting Allison
Rematch
It's Where My Demons Hide
Part 2 of Trust the Instinct
Mistaking Lydia For A Target
Breaking and Entering
No Postcards From This Trip
Breaking Down
Bomb Threats
Almost Perfect
Arms Deal With Yakuza
More Midnight Missons
Peter Is A Daddy
IMPORTANT please read
Werewolf Hulk
Pawns In A Deadly Game
Hopelessness Is Sinking In
Fallen Hero
When The Wolves All Cry
She's Gone
Epilogue
Squeal

Still Waiting For That Beer

6.3K 189 11
By writtergirl2

Emily's perspective

I open my eyes slowly  my eyes bleary. I slowly realize I'm awake. But what happened where is everyone? I jump awake yelling. "Lydia!" I look around I hear the soft beeping of monitors and I look around Allison is in a chair next to my bed half asleep but when she hears me gasp she wakes up. "Emily." She says with tears in her eyes and she reaches for my hand. "I thought you were going to die." She mutters her voice cracking. 

"I'm okay. It just hurts." I offer her a weak smile my voice crack some from my mouth being so dry.

I lay back in the bed I clench my fist from the pain. Allison hands me a cup of water and I shakily try to take a drink I only take a small drink because it hurts too much to keep the cup up. Allison takes the cup from me. She brushes her hand against my cheek and smiles.

"I brought you some sweat pants and a T-shirt. I know you hate wearing hospital gowns."

"Thanks, can you help me up? I want to change." I ask as I attempt to sit up. I groan.

"Yeah, sure." Allison gently helps me in a sitting position, by holding my hand and pushing on my back. I feel dizzy and I groan.

"I think you should stay in bed a little longer." Allison comments when she notices my reaction. She helps me lay back down and pulls the blanket more onto me.

"Good idea." I mumble.

I asses my wounds. I have bandages covering from my ribs down to about three inches above my hips and bruising on my neck. I can feel bruising on my whole body. It hurts to breath so my ribs must at least be bruised.  I have a Velcro cast on my right wrist. I ask the first question that comes to mind.

"Where's Lydia?" 

"She's home." 

I look down at my hands. "Where's Mr. Stilinski?" I ask my voice cracking. 

I look up at her. She bits her lip.  "He was taken." I feel tears swell in my eyes. I could've saved him. Allison squeezes my uninjured hand. "It's not your fault." I nod.

"It feels like it." I reply.

"Em-" I cut her off.

"Where's dad?" I question he's not in here or out in the hall.

"He's downstairs getting us something to eat. I can text him if you want something."

"No, I think I'm okay. How long have I been out?" 

"About 2 hours."

I look down, I slowly start to remember everything, that's happened before I went out. "What about Scott, Stiles, Isaac and.... Derek?" I say the last part quietly. I don't really know her feelings about me and Derek, I also don't know if she told our dad.

"Worried beyond belief. I saw him out in the hall, when Dad and I talked to the surgeon." She replies. Allison doesn't explain who the 'he' is but the look on her face tells me who. Derek.

Before I can respond. Melissa walks in. "Hi, sweetheart, how do you feel?"

"Like I was hit by a bus." I say and smile weakly.

"It's gonna hurt for a little while."

"I know, but I figured might as well smile through the pain." 

Melissa smiles and continues checking my vitals. "Okay so, I'll explain the extent of your injuries but your family might be able to tell you more since the surgeon talked to them. You have a severe sprain your wrist, the obvious stab wounds and the cuts on your forehead and the stitches you needed in your head." I nod. "If you need anything I'll be here." I nod again. 

"Thanks Melissa." She smiles and brushes a strand of hair out of my face and walks out

Allison looks down like she's thinking about something. "Alli?" I ask. She looks up. "I forgot to tell you that I have your phone and Scott, Stiles, and Isaac gave me something to give to you. She hands me my phone. I have twenty texts from Allison, 15 from Danny, 4 from Derek before I got hurt. 6 from Isaac and 10 each from Scott and Stiles. That's a total of 55 messages from everyone. I smile. I love my friends.

Allison plops a small black wolf on my bed next to me. There's a little card attached to it. Get well soon, I love you- Love Derek.

"Stiles gave it to me, to give to you." 

I'm assuming she didn't read the card, and if she did she doesn't show it.

"They are so sweet."

 Allison gets that look on her face like she is thinking about something again. "Allison?" I ask.

 "Yeah?"

 "What ya thinking about?" She lets out a breath.

She has a look on her face like this is the most painful thing for her to do, she bits her lip and runs a hand through her curls.

"Do you want me to tell him you're awake so you two can talk? He's obviously worried I saw him pacing an hour ago. I know he was listening a while ago too." She means Derek.

"You'd do that?" Would she really let me see him?

"Of course you're my sister. I know it's what you really want." I smile. She nods and gets up. "Do you need anything before I go? I'll be in the cafeteria with dad."

"How about a shot of Vodka? Or maybe an ice cold Beer that would be fabulous right about now." I reply.

"Umm, no nice try. I'll go get him. Get some rest until he comes in. Please." She walks out, I close my eyes and try to get comfortable.

 I hear him come in, his footsteps light trying not to wake me. I feel a light kiss being placed on my forehead and before I open my eyes he's right next to me gripping my hand tightly.

I open my eyes and he's looking down, not sitting in the chair, just on his knees next to my bed. I look at him, but he doesn't seem to notice, he's just looking down at my hand. The first thing I notice about Derek is his eyes are red. Not Alpha red but on the verge of tears red. He looks like was trying to stop himself from crying, he really was that worried he would never see me again. I give his hand a small squeeze.

He looks up at me.

"Hey." I say softly. 

"Hi." He says his voice hoarsely. The look on my face breaks my heart. He looks exhausted. "How are you feeling?" 

"I'm better now that you're here." I give him a small smile.

"I'm so sorry, Em."   

"You were stressed." I answer.

He looks down. "Doesn't excuse it."

"When was the last time you slept? Or ate anything?" I ask. He shrugs.

"Derek, you need to eat something." 

"I'm fine."

"I'm sorry I worried you." His grip tightens on my hand. 

"It's okay." He rubs his thumb across my hand.

He leans in and kisses me, gently, as if he's afraid I'll break. I kiss him back. I was scared I was never gonna be able to do this again. He pulls back probably suffering from the same fear I had.

He kisses my forehead then rests his against mine. "I love you Emily."

"I love you too Derek."

"Can you help me sit up? I wanna change."

He looks unsure at first. 

"You're not gonna break me." I comment.

 He nods and gently grabs my left hand and eases me forward while pushing some on my back. I groan a little. He immediately stops afraid he's the cause of my pain. "Em?" Derek asks concerned.

"I'm fine, it just hurts." He nods and helps me place my feet on the ground.

 Derek helps me unplug somethings except the IV. He helps me stand up and I feel a little dizzy. He doesn't let go once. He keeps his grip firm on me, ready to catch me.

He helps me over to the bathroom. "Do you want some help?" 

"Yeah you would like that." I say sarcastically trying to relax him, I've never seen him so tense up before.

"Em, I'm serious."

"No, I got it." I kiss his cheek quickly for reassurance. He nods. I walk in the bathroom. I undress but it's slow and painful. I groan some and Derek knocks on the door obviously standing right next to it.

"I'm fine." I call but it hurts so much. I pull on my sweatpants. I almost fall over. I groan louder. Derek knocks on my door.

 "I think I might need help." I call to Derek. 

"You sure?" He calls back.

"You can come in. I can't move really well it hurts too much." He opens the door and I try to pull the gown off but I can't it hurts to much. He gets me to sit and helps me pull it off as gently as he unties the strings and helps me pull it off my body while not looking at me while I undress, if I wasn't in agonizing pain, I would laugh at him for trying not to look. Everything's covered and besides we've been together for almost a year and I asked to have sex with me in the car. I'm pretty sure he can look to help me but clothes on. He takes the shirt I had and pulls it over me, I cringe a little from the pain.

I realize something This isn't mine. It's Derek's, large black t-shirt that I usually slept in. It comes down just past my butt. I stay sitting for a bit, Derek takes my hand in his, and runs his thumb across my hand, he interlocks our fingers, and then the veins in his hand and arm turn black, he grimaces, until I pull my hand away. "Don't hurt yourself." I mutter. He places a soft kiss on my cheek.

 Derek helps me stand back up and then picks me up bridal style and lays me back in the bed.

"You didn't have to carry me." I point out.

"I wanted to." He gets a smile on his face. "Are you wearing my shirt?"

"Yup." I smile.

The thing that bothers me is how tired he looks. "Can you come here?" I question.

"I think I better stay here, I don't want to crush you with my body weight."

I give him my best puppy dog eyes, and I cup his cheek. "Please."

He lets out a sigh but sits next to me on my un-injured side.

"You have to lay down."

"Em-" He starts but I just give him a look.

He lays down and I curl up next to him. He wraps his arm around me and kisses my forehead.

He touches the back of his hand to my neck and then to my forehead. "You feel a little warm." He states.

"I'm fine."

Can I see it?" He asks.

I nod. He pulls up the shirt just below my bra because that's how far up the bandages goes. He looks at it and gently peels back the bandage. Its red and bloody and the wounds look angry.

Derek's face hardens. He pulls my shirt back down and pulls it off my shoulder to see the knife wound. "Does it hurt?" He asks.

"Not right now." He nods.

His face contorts in anger.

 "Derek?" I say to get him to look at me. 

He looks up. "Do you know what I heard the doctor say to your sister and father?" He asks.

"No."

"He said that if it went about an inch higher it would have hit your heart and killed you and if you got her 5 minutes after you actually got here. You would've died." He says the last part softly but I see the anger boil in his expression.

I find his hand and hold it. "I'm here, it's okay."

"Don't you know how close you came to not being here?" His voice catches. I squeeze his hand tighter. 

"I know."

"I can't lose you. It was so hard having to fight with a nurse just to see you or find out how you were I couldn't get any information until Melissa found me."

"I don't want to lose you, and you won't, I'm a fighter." I say and I cup his face, and I kiss him, all the pain he and I were feeling went into that kiss. He pulls back again.

"Derek, I know you. You're not gonna hurt me." I point out.

"I don't want to take that chance." I nod. 

"Okay."

I comb my fingers lightly through his hair, I notice his eyes starting to close.

He pulls me closer to him. I keep focusing on how tired he looks and how stressed out I made him. I make a decision.

"Give me your phone." I order. He looks at me confused but digs his phone out of his pocket and hands it to me. I unlock it and since it's the first time I looked at Derek's phone in a while, since I've never really had to look at it. I notice the background is a picture of me smiling at him.

I scroll through it to find Peter's number it doesn't take long he only has seven contacts. I click on Peter's name. He answers. "Hello?" Peter asks annoyed I probably woke him up. It's almost midnight.

"Hey it's me Emily, I need you to come to the hospital and take care of Cora because Derek needs to get some sleep. And he refuses to when he's with me."

"All right. I was gonna go anyway. Are you all right? I heard you got attacked."

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks and thank you for coming to go see Cora. I got to go bye."

"Bye." I hang up and give Derek back his phone with a smirk. He rolls his eyes.

"When Peter gets here I want you to go home and sleep eat something not from a vending machine. Got it?"

"Yes. I promise."

"Good." I run my lightly across his torso and his eyes start to close. "Oh hey, I almost forgot." He pulls my necklace out of his pocket.

"Melissa took it off of you when you went into surgery and she gave it to Scott who gave it to me." I smile. 

"Oh, thank God I thought I lost it.. By the way thank you for the wolf."

"Welcome."

He turns his head quickly like he heard something.

"What do you hear?" I ask.

"Your dad. I guess I have to go."

"No, no you don't. I'm tired of the secrets and the lies. I want him to know about us. It's time he learned the truth. Because if something happened to me, I don't want that to be the secret I take to the grave." 

Derek nods sarcastically. "How hard did you hit your head exactly?" Derek questions sarcastically.

"I'm serious. I'm telling him."

"How exactly do you want to tell him?" 

"I think I'll just tell him. But I want to do it alone, okay?"

"I get it, I'll be in the hall okay? If you need me." I nod.

He kisses me on the cheek and gives my hand one final squeeze and walks out to the hall but turns around before he leaves. "I love you Emily."

 "I love you too."

Third Person Perspective

Chris Argent walks over to his daughter's room to check on her.

Allison told him she woke up and Allison tried to stall him long enough so Emily could talk with her boyfriend who was obviously on the verge of panic.

Chris wanted to talk to her and see if she is okay.

He walks down the hall a foot from Emily's room when his eyes land on Derek sitting in a chair outside of Emily's room. 

"What are you doing out here Derek?" Chris demands, he didn't like the older wolf anywhere near his daughter. "I don't think my family is any of your concern."

"Just keeping watch Chris. You'd be surprised how much concern I have for your family." Derek replies coldly. He wasn't gonna just leave Emily.

Chris glares at him but walks by and goes into Emily's room.

She's already in a sitting position looking nervous.

Emily's perspective

I sit up waiting trying to figure out what the hell I am possibly going to say. At least if I tell him in a hospital, there's less of a chance he'll try to kill Derek.

But if that fight starts I sure as hell hope Scott's here to break up the damn fight.

My dad walked in with a relived smile. He sat down on the chair.

"How you feeling honey?"

"Like I got stabbed with a knife." I mutter sarcastically.

Dad smiles. "Well you sound better. What happened?"

"I fought the Darach dad. Scott got hurt so I attacked."

"That's brave of you." 

"Thanks. Just part of being an Argent right?" 

His smile fades when I say this. "You're probably gonna be here for a couple of days."

"I know, but I hate hospitals they're so boring." Well if Derek's here too, I could figure out a way to entertain myself.

"I know sweetie but I got you so things to pass the time, a book you were reading and your headphones and I'll be here everyday with you."

"Thanks Dad."

"Do you want something to eat?" 

I shake my head. "No, but I wanna tell you something."

"Okay."

I clear my throat. "It's about Derek." He nods but his face hardens.

I lick my lips, this is gonna be a lot harder than I thought.

"I'm with him. Like Scott was with Allison." I look away from him.

"Emily." He starts but he is fighting to stay calm.

"Dad, he's not the bad guy. Trust me. He's a really good guy. He loves me. He's kept me safe."

He doesn't say anything. "Dad say something, please." I plead.

"You lied to me for almost a year?" He questions.

"Dad, he's a good person, he's not the enemy. He really cares about me." My dad nods.

"Maybe if Scott was there for Allison when your mom died. Gerard wouldn't have gotten in her head the way she did."

"Dad, you know all those times I got hurt they would have been worse if Derek wasn't there. He kept me safe. He always tries to keep me safe. I really mean something to him, he treats me great. Dad he's not a bad guy. When I look at him all I see is good. I told you this because I'm tired of the lies I've had to tell to you, to Allison. I hated myself for it."

"We'll talk about this later. I can't say I'm completely surprised." He looks down but then gets up walks out. That could have went better.

=

There's a knock on my door, I look over and see Scott, Stiles and Isaac standing in the door way. "Hey guys." They get wicked smiles on their faces.

They run over and take turns hugging me, except for Stiles who holds onto me for a really long time.

"Stiles, you can let go." 

"I'm never letting you go again Emily Argent!" 

"Stiles, I'll punch you."

"I don't care I love you and will never let you go again!" 

"Stiles let the hell go or else Roscoe gets it when I get out of here." He let go.

Stiles sits in the chair then Scott and Isaac pull up two others.

"How do you feel?" Scott asks.

 "Better, but I still feel like I need a shot of Vodka or a beer but no one will give me alcohol."

Stiles sits in the chair silently he doesn't say much. I grab his hand. "Stiles, I'm sorry I didn't save your dad. I really tried." 

"It's not your fault."

I still feel horrible.

"Guys I know who the Darach is. It's Ms. Blake, she tried to kill Lydia and she took Stiles' dad."

She's back!!!!!!

Did anyone love the sisterly love and the Emerek packed in this chapter?

Oh my God Chris knows!! What do you think is gonna happen?

Do you guys love me now?

I could never kill Emily I love her too much to kill

Also a huge thank you to voidance who gave me so advice for the previous chapter. If you don't know who I am talking about go look her up right now she is amazing She has written Not excatly stawberry blonde, crimson red, castle of glass, Seven Devils, Battle Cry, Before the storm and eye of the hurricane. All teen wolf fan fics. They are freaking amazing check her out

That's all for now :)

writtergirl14 xx

Comment, Vote, Follow :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.5K 975 14
~Book Dedication~ You may not think you're pretty or the best looking but there's always someone that admires every single part of you. The person wh...
93K 1.9K 25
You never thought the worst thing this town could throw at you was getting framed for murder, and even less likely, the only person who believed your...
160K 3.5K 30
Victoria Stark, daughter of the world renowned Avenger, Tony Stark. Victoria Maria "Vic" Stark is a child prodigy, a member of the Avengers, and an...
672K 33.3K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, a powerful d...