Maxerica Academy

By Hhhhhh05

America Singer is being sent to Angeles Prep. A pristine school for princesses and princes in training, creat... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
A/N: Update Schedule
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Authors note
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36: part 1
Chaptet 37: Christmas
Chapter 38: Epilogue #1 of 3
Chapter 39: epilogue #2 of 3

Chapter 40: Epilogue #3 of 3

2.1K 32 22
By Hhhhhh05

Everleighs Pov (only for a little bit)

~oOo~ 2 months later

"You don't want to be queen."

It was so random. We were sitting in my room, kissing and hugging, and being all cutesy and romantic, when he said it. I had never said this to him, but....

"What?" I stuttered. "Uh, uh, no. Of course I do."

"Ever, I know you. You don't have to say it. It's obvious," Ian sighed.

"No it's not," I mumbled, not sure of who I was trying to convince anymore.

"Ever, Love, talk to me..."

Yes. Love. Me and Ian had been together roughly 2 months. And just like our first day together, we've moved quick. I've always been a helpless romantic and I'm not one to say it was love at first sight.....But it was love at first month. It was a kiss at day 1, dating at day 2, I love you's on day 45...My Grandma Maggie (Magda) would tell me I'm insane, but I know mother wouldn't. She would never admit it, but she was in love with my dad on day 1 too. She just isn't as forward as me.

And yes....I'm talking to my parents again. Right after Ian left my room that day, I video chatted them. They said they're sorry and asked if I wanted to come home, and I said no. My father had smiled brightly and my mother had smirked knowingly. She didn't say anything, but I knew that she knew it was a boy. I didn't tell her about Ian until 2 weeks later and she didn't meet him until two weeks after that. That was a fun day...

Switch to America's Pov/flashback

"Maxon! Maxon! She's bringing a boy home! Oh my lord, this is just wonderful..." I sighed.

"I think he should stay at the school. Or better yet, on a different continent," he grumbled.

"I know you don't mean that," I said, hitting his arm.

"She's not old enough to date," Maxon disagreed.

"She's not much younger than I was when I met you. Only a year," I reminded him.

"Now you're making me feel old!"

I laughed. We were walking through the halls, arm and arm, on our way to meet Everleigh and her new boyfriend outside. I had smuggled a picture out of her and he was super cute. Not Maxon handsome, but cute... Ever loved to talk about him. She told me all these little tics and quirks about him with the most loving and trusting look on her face. She really liked him, that much I could tell.

"Hayly! Jake!" I called as I passed there rooms.

Hayln came tumbling out of her room in a float white dress with her hair falling over her shoulders. I smiled. She was so beautiful. Jacob cane walking out of his room in slacks, a button up, and a vest. He looked like he wanted to be in his basketball shorts and a t-shirt. But his hair was slicked back so I ignored his attitude.

"Mom, can we get a dog?" Jacob asked.

"No," Halyn and me both denied.

"Why not?" He whined.

"Because this is a palace and you won't take good care of him. You'll get annoyed with him, lock him outside you're door, and he'll get lost in the palace."

"Not true."

"Is true!" Halyn laughed.

Jake rolled his eyes and ran off ahead of us. Halyn looked back at him Than up at me.

"I'll race you," She challenged.

"Nope. I'm old."

"You're only 34!"

I eyed her from the side Than took off. I was running at a decent pace but so was she. She was right on my heels before she zoomed past me. I grit my teeth and pushed forward, sprinting past her around the corner and into the great hall. Where...Ever and her boyfriend were.

I came to a screeching stop in front of them and Halyn cane running into me.

"Not fair, Mom! You got an unfair start!"Hayln yelled.

"You said wanna race. I raced," I countered, my chest heaving. I stretched a little. "I'm too old for this."

"No you're not," Ever laughed.

"You look great, Mrs. Schreave," Ian agreed.

"You must be Ian!" I exclaimed, pulling an Amberley and giving him a hug. I could hear Maxon approaching from behind as I patted Ian's back. I swear I heard Maxon mutter 'get you're grubby little hands off my wife' but what do I know.

Ian pulled back and smiled, but it slowly lessened as Maxon came closer. He cleared his throat.

"Sir," Ian greeted, holding out his hand. His other hand sneakily grabbed Evers.

"Your majesty, will do," Maxon said, ignoring the shake.

I slapped his arm. "Maxon be nice. You can call him Maxon and me America."

"Not if he wants to keep that hand,"Maxon mumbled, stepping back.

"Hello, I'm Halyn," Hayly greeted, more subdued now. She became her calm and cool persona as soon as strangers came around. It was a queenly trait that even I hadn't perfected. I was a rebellious queen from day one.

"Ian," He responded, kissing her hand.

"And I'm Jacob," Jake said, pushing Hayln out if the way. He and Ian did that weird bro hug thing.

"Let me show you to You're room!" Everleigh laughed, pulling him down the hall by his hand. Jake and Hayly followed closely behind them.

I smiled.

"She's in Love," I sighed.

"I know," Maxon grumbled.

Back to Everleigh/ present day

"I don't know what you want me to say, Ian," I sighed

"Say What you're thinking," He suggested.

"Fine! I don't want to be queen!" I admitted loudly. "I'd rather be a homeless eight than be a responsible, emotionless, boring, queen."

"Oh Ever," Ian sighed, pulling me into his embrace. "I wish I could help, but I'm about prepared to drop everything and become king if it means staying with you."

"No don't do that," I said, my voice muffled by his neck. "Why can't I give up everything? Why can't I become a two with you?"

"Why don't you?"

"Because I have to rule the country, I've been preparing my Whole life..."

"No," he interrupted, sitting up straight. "You don't have to."

"Yes, I..."

"No, call you're parents. Tell them we're coming over this weekend."

~oOo~ America's Pov, 2 days later ~oOo~

"Why do you think they're coming?" I asked again.

"Ames!" He yelled, exasperated. "Quit asking that. I love you, but you need to shut up."

"I think you know how to keep me quiet," I giggled, standing on my tiptoes to kiss him. Out lips met and then...

"Ew! Did not need to hear that!" Halyn shouted  as she entered the room.

"Hear what?" Jacob questioned, popping up behind Halyn.

"Nothing," I said.

Halyn leaned over and whispered in Jacobs ear. "Ew!" He yelled.

I shook my head at them and reached back to grab Maxon's hand. "What does she need to tell us?"

"Mom!" They all yelled with Maxon's "America" mixed in there. They've been hearing me say this for two days.

"What? What if they eloped and our coming to tell us! Or she's pregnant!"

"She better not be pregnant!" Maxon yelled.

"Shut up! Both of you!" Halyn shouted. "Why do you think Everleigh is coming here to tell you something? She could just wanna spend time with the family. And if she is coming to tell you something than she never will again by the way you're acting!"

"When did you become the adult in the family?" I asked.

"Sometimes I have to be," Halyn said, taking her 13 year old hair, and her 13 year old body, and her 45 year old mind and walking away.

"Evy!" I heard Halyn yell and rushed after her.

"Everleigh!" I exclaimed as I walked into the room, arms wide open for a hug. "Ian! How are you two?"

"Wonderful, Mrs. Schreave," Ian replied, embracing me.

"How many times have I told you to call me America," I laughed, playing the loving mother  perfectly.

"We're good, mom," Everleigh said. Her eyes were darting everywhere and she was looking anywhere but at me. That's automatically how I knew something was up.

"What's wrong?" I whispered in her ear as we embraced.

"Nothing. I'll tell you later. After dinner. She whispered back and than I was pushed away as Jacob and Halyn hugged her.

Ian and Maxon engaged in a handshake where Maxon tried to break his hand and Ian gave him a 'I'm not going anywhere' look. I was so proud.

~oOo~

"Jacob! Does anyone else get to eat?!" Halyn yelled as Jacob placed a huge chunk of meat on his plate.

"I'm a growing young boy," Jacob replied, piling some potatoes on his plate too.

"You're an annoying young boy is more like it," Everleigh laughed, flicking his head

"Rude. I'm just trying to feed myself!" Jake huffed.

"Save some for the rest of Illea..." Ever jabbed.

"Mom already does that with her food, shelter thingies," Jake said, shoveling more food in his mouth.

"Quit arguing you two! You know Ever is going to win. Born to be a lawyer and all," Halyn interrupted.

"Hey! She doesn't always win!" Jake defended.

"Yes She does," Ian, Maxon, and I all said at the sane time.

Jake pouted for a second before he was brightened up by the food on the table.

"So Ever, wanna tell us why you're here?" I asked.

The whole table was silenced.

"I'd prefer to do it without them," Ever cleared her throat and gestured towards her siblings.

"We will go eat dinner in our rooms," Jacob suggested.

"No..." But they both were already up, with there plates and half way out of the room. I almost called them back but my curiosity peaked and I didn't.

"So..." I said not so subtlety. "What did you wanna tell us?"

"Uhh-uhhh...What, I..I'm-um..." She obviously was taken off guard by her lack of time to prepare.

"It's okay. Take you're time," Ian murmured to her and grabbed her land lovingly. I smiled brightly.

"Or just spit it out," I suggested, which caused Maxon to kick my leg. I sent him a 'what' kind of look. I just wanted to know.

"Well...I...Mom, Dad," She stuttered, her eyes flashing anywhere but us before they settled on her lap. "I don't want to be queen!"

It was so silent that you could of heard a pin drop on the plush, cushioned carpet. The silence so thick you could cut it with a knife. I stated at her my mouth gaping.

"Uh...what?"

"Mom," She began, taking a deep breath. " I don't want to be queen. I want to have fun and do what I've always wanted to do! I want to live with Ian, and have children that won't be forced to be royalty. Or at least won't have to wear dresses and live in a palace...I want to become a lawyer and live in Angeles. I want...a life of my own. A life for myself. "

I was speechless. I had always known Ever was hesitant to rule, but I had no idea how far her feelings went. I had no idea that she wanted a different life and path for herself. Suddenly I felt like we had been holding her back all these years. I felt bad.

"That's great sweetie," I replied.

"What?" She gasped.

"There's always another way, Ever. Halyn can be queen. She's always wanted to be," Maxon agreed.

"Uh, Wait...What?"

"It's fine," I says expectantly. "Is that's all you wanted to tell us?"

I sort of enjoyed playing it off like it was nothing. Everleigh seemed shocked.

"Um...yes, I," She blinked a couple times before jumping up and hugging me. "Oh, thank you Mom! I, We...you're the best!"

"What about me!"' Maxon yelled.

"You too!" Ever yelled, switching over to hug him.

The whole time, Ian sat and watched her fondly. He was good for her. This was what Ever should have.

~oOo~ 3 years later

It had been 2 years since the fateful day when Everleigh told us that she didn't want to be Queen when the news came. The long overdue news that really didn't come as much of a surprise to any of us.

It had also been 19months since the day we told Halyn she was going to be queen. Yes, we did wait a month to tell her, because I'm all honesty we weren't really sure how she would react. We all knew she wanted to be queen, but we were never really sure if that dream was fueled by the fact that she couldn't be queen or by an actual want.

But it went...well.

She took it pretty amazing actually. At first she was wondering if we were mad at Ever or punishing her in some way. But than we explained and she sat there for a moment before jumping up and down and telling us all her plans for Illea. Starting with removing the castes, which I was surprised about but than ecstatic because I thought it was a great idea. I was especially surprised that me and Maxon had never thought of it.

But back to the news. Well...I was expecting it. They were both finally 18, and in love, so....along cake the marriage announcement. Maxon was ecstatic though he would never admit it. He had really bonded with Ian over a mutual love of photography. Ever had told us about his whole picture a day thing and sent us some of them and Maxon had painstakingly admitted that they were good. And on there next visit they bonded over it. I was overjoyed because I had loved Ian from the very beginning. And so had Ever.

Which leads us to where we are now, 1 year later, at the wedding of my daughter. They decided to have it in Waverly, which admittedly is one of our most beautiful provinces. So Maxon, the family, and I had all flown over a week ago to meet Ians family and finish minor planning. But now I sat in the front row as Ian smiled brightly and expectantly down the isle. I smiled expectantly too.

And than she came. She wore an all out princess dress with lace, silks, and flowers that she had told me was her last ditch effort at being a princess. Her hair was intricately dome with layers of Braids, twists, and curls all topped off with a flowing veil. She looked so lovely and I could tell Ian agreed. Though I was more interested in the hunk of handsomeness in a suit that was walking down the isle with her. Maxon looked.....just great.

The ceremony was long, but beautiful with just the right amount of tears, lovey doves sayings, and laughter to make it all worth the while. Everleigh was smiling more than I had ever seen her and Ian was much the same. It was amazing. Just like my daughter.

~oOo~ 5 years later

My gown was one of the most extravagant I had worn since my own coronation. It was royal purple, and silky, and much overdone. Complete with pearls, diamonds, gloves, and high high heels. But I wasn't the one who was supposed to look beautiful today.

"You're hair is just gorgeous," Lucy commented, smoothing it out over her back.

"Thank you, Miss Lucy," Halyn laughed, a grown up song instead of her childish giggle.

"You're facial structure is so angled now," Mary complimented, pinching her jaw and turning it left to right.

"What kind of lotion do you use? You're skin is so soft..." Anne cooed.

"Uh...I'm not sure..."

"Clear our ladies," I laughed, entering the room. Halyn sent me a thankful look.

I had practically Hand picked Anne, Mary, and Lucy fresh out of retirement and straight from there homes. I couldn't possibly think of anyone more qualified to help my baby on her big day than the people who had helped me for most of my life. So I made a couple calls and thankfully had them delivered right to my doorstep.

They got straight to work though. Anne pounced with a hairbrush and blow dryer and went straight to work on undoing what the shower had done. Lucy popped out of the room and came back with Halyns dress, checking it for mistakes and adding her "own touch" as she told me. Mary wasted no time in attacking with makeup brushes and product. I personally walked to her closet to select some jewelry, an art I just recently perfected after 25 years or so. I chose one of her diamond studded bracelets and a larger statement necklace that I paired with her favorite pair of diamond earrings. Than I grabbed her official tiara, that we had made when she was 12, and that she only wears for special occasions. Today they would replace it with my own at Halyns special request.

I couldn't help but stop and admire Halyns large jewelry collection. She had always loved pairing her outfits with Jewels. She had done it since she was barely 5. So I unconsciously paired each piece of jewelry with a memory. The necklace she stole from me when she was only 3 and I had later given to her. The bracelet she wore on her 6th birthday that she got frosting all over. The anklet she wore to the beach on her first trip around the world. The earrings she made the whole palace guard search for when she lost one of them. The charms she jingled around her wrist nervously when she told me she had her first crush on a prince. The ring she wore when we told her she would be queen. And The cuff links Jacob had given her as a goodbye gift, just two years ago, when he moved to Italy to live with his girlfriend, Princess Nikki. They're engaged now.

Hayln was 21 now and she still hadn't found her King, or her queen. She told Maxon and I a couple of years ago that she wasn't interested in guys. Of course me and Maxon were surprised, but fine with it. We just wanted her to be happy with her special someone whether they were male or female. But I think she has her eyes on someone that she hasn't told me about yet. But I'm on to her.

I exited the closet Than and they were already done! Her hair was pulled back at the top in a loose twist with the rest of her vibrant red curls falling down her back. Her makeup was light and neutral, with red and brown tones to compliment her hair and eyes. But her dress....it was magnificent, with thin, flowing layers of material that flowed around her long exposed legs and short skirt and a bodice that was simply beaded and lightly sparkled. But home if that would look good unless it was on her. She was a natural beauty in her own.

I blinked my eyes to keep from crying. "Hayly..."

"Shhhh...Mom. I know," Halyn smiled. "Now hand me these." She slipped the jewelry from my finger tips. "And go take You're seat in the audience."

I nodded at her and exited the room quietly. I made my way swiftly to the same room I had come to for my coronation. I entered from a  door that was located to the side of the front row where my whole family was. I silently embraced Jacob and than Nikki who were holding hands and smiling up at me. I moved to Amberley and missed her cheek, giving her hand a strong squeeze. Clarkson has passed away recently but she was still standing strong. I tightly squeezed my immediate family, May, Gerad, Mom, Dad, Kenna, James, and Astra in there own embrace.

Than I gave possibly the tightest hug of all to my daughter and son in law. Everleigh laughed lightly in my ear and Ian told me that I looked great. Than I stole the bouncing, bubbling being of joy off his lap and gave her a spin Around, my granddaughter Allison. She had her parents matching caramel hair and ocean eyes, but hers were filled with so much love and curiosity. I set her down before taking my own seat next to my husband and taking Maxon's hand. I gave him a quick kiss before the doors opened wide.

Halyn entered and my family was compete. All together and here to share this special day with there daughter, sister, aunt, niece, grandchild, etc.

My family was still growing but we were complete.

I was complete.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.1K 736 44
After Maxon and America's selection America and Maxon have four children. When the eldest comes of age a new selection shell begin. Annabelle only jo...
221K 7.4K 47
The Selection Fan Fiction "I, Clarissa Dossen, will never be free from the cage of other people's choices." Clarissa Dossen is a 17 year...
108K 1.2K 29
Completed: What if America didn't find out about her father passing until the morning? What if Maxon didn't hear that crash in the hallway the night...
33.4K 467 49
Maxon and America's lives will play out very differently considering that the King and Queen are still alive. Does King Clarkson still hate America...