A Very Sprouse Summer

By Wise_Owl_1818

It's just the beginning of summer and you and your family are already driving up to the camp grounds. With th... More

The Long Drive (Chapter 1)
Taking a Break (Chapter 2)
Restlessness (Chapter 3)
The Reunion (Chapter 4)
Down at the Lake (Chapter 5)
Cup of Dirt (Chapter 6)
Dish Duty (Chapter 8)
Water Rapids (Chapter 9)
First Aid (Chapter 10)
Detour (Chapter 11)
The Crystal Ball (Chapter 12)
Getting To Know More About You (Chapter 13)
Coke and Pepsi (Chapter 14)
Love is in the Air (Chapter 15)
Adventure Park (Chapter 16)
The Pain (Chapter 17)
The Truth and the Lie (Chapter 18)
A Day at the Beach(Chapter 19)

The Party (Chapter 7)

11 0 0
By Wise_Owl_1818

Elliot and I were able to hear the music blasting before even seeing this cabin. I'm actually glad Elliot came with me since cabin 45 was in a pretty desolate area and our phones didn't produce nearly enough light that we needed.

We had approached the lit cabin. "Do we knock or just walk in?" I chuckle.

"Let's just walk in. We'll blend in more." Elliot answered and waited for me to nod in agreement before opening the wooden door.

There were kids EVERYWHERE. Some kids were on the couch, some sitting on the kitchen counter, and some even making out on the floor towards the backyard area. This is totally not my type of party. I guess Elliot noticed I looked uncomfortable because I felt his hand on my shoulder. "Do you think they all would like to eat a cup of dirt?" Elliot smirks.

I can't help but laugh. "Haha! Have you ever been to this cabin before?"

Elliot shakes his head. "No, Aunt Joyce pretty much just uses it to keep odds and ends. She certainly didn't give Simon and Ashly the key to hold parties".

"You all have keys to the cabins?" I question.

"Yeah, it makes things easier, especially when we help move families in and out of their cabin."

Elliot is really attentive. He looks at me when he speaks like he really cares what he says and who he is talking too.

"That's cool. Do you see your brother and cousin anywhere?"

"I'm not sure. Maybe I'll start looking around for them."

"Do you want any help?"

"Sure, but I understand if you want to find your brother and friends too."

That's right. I did come here to spend some time with Ariel and Jess.

"Ok, so maybe we'll meet up later?"

"Yeah.... But [y/n]?"

"Yes?"

"Do you want to exchange numbers in case we get separated again?"

Yay! Yay! Yay!

"Sure, that's a good idea." I respond calmly while exchanging phones.

I begin walking through this cabin. I don't like the smell of it or the activity of some of these teenagers, but I continue to search for familiar faces.

"Am I seeing correctly?" I hear a familiar voice from behind.

"Cole?" I ask while turning around.

"What are you doing here [y/n]?" Cole asks narrowing his eyes at me and folding his arms.

"I can ask you the same question."

"Go back to our cabin [y/n]" Cole sternly says taking a step towards me.

I walk a step closer to him, "Not until I see my friends."

"What are you talking about?" He then thinks for a moment, "Wait a second, who told you about this party?"

I just stare at him before answering. "Jess text me the details" I whisper.

"What?" Cole asks loudly. It is really loud in here so I guess whispering was not the best option.

Before I can answer him back, Jess and Ariel walk over. "[Y/N]! Yay, you made it!" Jess screams, hugging me.

"Jess! Ariel! How is it going?"

"It's pretty lit" Ariel responds a little tipsy.

"What?" I ask.

"It's good, it's good" Jess jumps in, rubbing her sister's shoulders.

"Good, I just got here. There's so many people." I respond.

Suddenly I see KJ join us. Seeing me he quickly puts down his drink on a nearby counter. "[Y/N]! Have you been here the whole time?!" he asks louder than he needs to.

"No, I just got here." I then add after glancing at Cole, "When did you get here?"

"A while ago, maybe like two hours ago?"

"Cool" I answer back. I'm not really sure what else to say and where to go. Do I sit down? Do I remain standing? Or dare I lean on a wall or chair? I always enjoy hanging out with the Apa's, but I've realized it's not enjoyable in this environment.

"Come on [y/n], let's go get some air outside" Cole sweetly says to me. He is no longer speaking sternly or trying to act tough. He is just trying to do the right thing.

I stop looking down at my neon blue laces, and finally walk out with him.

-------

"[y/n], what are you doing?" Cole asks leaning against the outside column to the cabin.

I don't answer, I just stare ahead.

"Hmmm?" He's not letting this go.

"I don't know... Jess and Ariel were talking about this party to Riley and I, and then Jess texted me where the party was so I thought I should just check it out. But now I don't think it's at all what I wanted..." my voice trails off and I can't help it but my eyesight blurs up from the water slowly forming in my eyes.

"You don't have to do anything you don't want to do. If you didn't want to come to this party you didn't have to come here and... and prove anything."

"I know. I figured I would just check it out and leave."

Silence.

"Riley knows about this party?" chuckles Cole.

"Haha, yeah... Cole, did you have fun at this party?"

"Yeah" he smiles. "I did."

I just smile back.

"But I'm not going to stay here any longer with my little sister all upset."

"I'm not upset, I'm fine." I quickly add while rubbing my eyes secretively.

"Sure." He drags out this word while giving me an 'I'm not buying this' look.

"Well, just be careful the next time you go to a party and I'm not there." I smile.

"Ha! I'll take that into consideration next time" Cole laughs and quickly draws me into him and puts me in a headlock.

"Ahaha! COLE! You had to do this, didn't you!" I laugh while struggling to loosen his grip.

Cole lets me go when we hear the front door nearby slam open. A tough looking boy storms out with a blonde hair girl following behind him.

"Are you happy Elliot? I'm outside now, what do you want?" the boy screams at Elliot, waiting for him to run out to them. I don't think they realize how close they are standing to Cole and I.

"Aunt Joyce has been worried sick about where the two of you could be. You should thank me!" Elliot argues back.

'Thank you? Why in the world am I thanking you? For ruining a good night for me and Ashly?"

"For preventing the police from coming! She was going to call them if you didn't come back by the end of the night." Elliot exclaims.

"She wouldn't".

"Ugh, yes she would Simon. I saved you tonight and you are just angry that I blocked you from making out with more girls" Elliot yells back.

"You know what Elliot, you have some mouthpiece. Let's see if you can still use it tomorrow after I smash your face!" Simon screams while ramming Elliot onto the ground.

"Oh my gosh, get off of him!" I scream and involuntarily run in to help grab this big kid off my new friend.

"Come on man, lay off the kid!" Cole steps in while pushing me out of the way.

"Umm, do I know you?" Simon chuckles and walks towards Cole.

"Definitely not. But I could tell you this, you need some rest dude."

"Ha! You're funny. Do me a favor, go back to mommy and daddy and let me deal with my brother."

"You were hurting Elliot, look at him!" I speak up.

"How do you know Elliot?" Simon asks while smiling at me weirdly.

"[y/n], you know these kids?" Cole wide eyed asks.

"I only know Elliot, we're friends" I respond.

"Yeah, we met before coming over here" Elliot adds while slowly getting off the ground and wiping dry blood off his face.

"You two came to this party together?" the blonde Ashly finally speaks up. She's playing with her hair and seems like she doesn't have a care in the world.

Silence.

Cole narrows his eyes at me. "[y/n], you brought a stranger to the cabin 45 party?"

"I..." I am suddenly interrupted by Elliot.

"She didn't bring me. I was looking for Simon and Ashly and searched around this area until I heard the party. [y/n] and I happened to have met earlier at the 'cup of dirt' activity, where you two" Elliot glares at his brother and cousin, "promised to work at tonight".

I give him a tired smile, sending the message that I'm grateful for keeping his promise.

"Simon, did you check your phone?" Ashly asks looking down at her glowing screen.

"No, why?"

"Why? Look at my 10 missed calls from Joyce!" Ashly answers annoyed.

Elliot smirks at his brother, as if to say 'I told you'.

Looking around Simon replies, "Okay look Ashly, lets head back now with Elliot to Aunt Joyce so she sees we made it back to the stupid activity."

As Elliot, Simon, and Ashly begin to walk back to the main camp ground, Cole cuts in.

"No, wait."

"What? Do you want to end up like him?" Simon raises his voice motioning to the beaten up Elliot.

"All I know is that I'm not having you two walk back alone with Elliot.... And don't get all judgmental, I don't know Elliot like my sister does, I'm just able to figure out his name based on the fact that you screamed it so many times before" Cole explains.

Simon just stares in disbelief at Cole before responding, "whatever man, this night is already weird, do whatever will help you sleep at night".

As we walk back in silence, Elliot turns around to Cole and I, and mouths the phrase, 'thank you'. I smile back and Cole just nods.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

681K 33.7K 24
↳ ❝ [ ILLUSION ] ❞ ━ yandere hazbin hotel x fem! reader ━ yandere helluva boss x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, a powerful d...
142K 5.1K 87
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
161K 7.7K 53
Four siblings, two elder brothers and two younger sisters living with their rich parents!! Get ready to enter the life of these siblings and their fa...
2.2M 116K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...