ever after | draxler + trapp ✓

By bentalebs

julian draxler + kevin trapp -- do you believe in happy endings? [sequel to love not lost] More

prologue
01
02
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
epilogue

03

509 22 8
By bentalebs

03 | if fate would have it

--one week later--

The cool breeze of afternoon air brushed against their faces as they exited Kevin's car. Kaylie, having almost fully recovered from her injuries, slipped her hands into the pockets of her hoodie.

"So you train here?" She tilted her head slightly. Kevin came up to her, occupying the empty space beside her. "Every other day," he flashed her a smile. Kaylie replied with a small chuckle, nodding.

"Must be nice," she started, "doing something you've been dreaming of since you were a child." Kevin glanced at her, not quite used to it yet. He had know Kaylie practically his whole life. But here she was, speaking to him like he was any other friend to her.

The past week, she had spent mostly with her parents, and some friends who had come to visit. Kevin would merely watch from afar, lost in his own thoughts.

They barely spoke, since her parents insisted on never leaving her side. But eventually they had to return to Germany, and trusted that Kevin would take care of her. "You have my word," he said to them. And he meant it.

That morning, after her parents had left, she was discharged. Kevin had said he would take her home, then go for training before coming back. But Kaylie insisted that she wanted to visit his training ground.

And Kevin, not one to say no to Kaylie, reluctantly agreed.

"You're doing it too, you know?" Kevin turned to her. "Architecture has been your dream since birth practically," he beamed, recalling their childhood days. "You used to build magnificent structure with Lego," he explained.

That earned a giggle from Kaylie as she looked away blushing. "Wow," she uttered, before silence befell the two once again.

It was Kevin who broke it, unfamiliar to the bout of awkward silence. "Let's go," he was about to reach for her hand when he stopped himself. She doesn't remember.

So he quickly slipped them into his pockets. Kaylie nodded, before unexpectedly turning to him. "Um, Kevin?" She muttered. "We'll talk right?" Kevin could see then, the anxiety in her eyes that he could tell she had been hiding for the past week.

She didn't bother waiting for an answer. "I just- I feel so lost, Kevin. I don't know anything, I don't remember any face, any name. I just-" Her voice was threatening to break when Kevin stopped her by gently grasping both her shoulders.

"Kaylie," his voice prompted her to look straight into his eyes. His gorgeous, hazel brown eyes captivated her, and all the words she had intended to speak drowned away. "You'll be okay. That's a promise," Kevin said.

In response, Kaylie found herself nodding. Despite being unsure of many things, she was certain of one thing; in that this man she could trust.

--

The pictures by the corridors fascinated Kaylie. She couldn't take her eyes from the pictures that adorned these walls;  the bliss and pure joy from winning moments captured beautifully.

Suddenly, the sound of another being almost made her jump out of her skin. "You scared me," she breathed, chuckling sheepishly at the man who had startled her.

"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to," Julian apologized quickly. He didn't realize she had been so deep in concentration then. And as he got a good look of her face, he also realized he couldn't recall seeing that face before.

Is she new? Or have I just forgotten?

"It's really okay," she shook her head, flashing him a cheery smile.

That accent... She's German?

He blinked, noticing that she was looking at him, as if expecting him to say something. It was odd, considering it came from someone he had never crossed paths with. Before he could open his mouth however, she spoke.

"Have we met?" She asked casually. Julian cocked an eyebrow as he wrecked his brain. "I don't think we have, actually," he replied eventually. The way she responded was unusual to him as well. "Oh," she simply said before laughing and scratching the back of her neck awkwardly.

But her laughter was sweet, and warm, a breath of fresh air almost. And Julian couldn't help the tiny chuckle that escaped his lips. "It is nice to meet you though," he extended a hand, "I'm Julian Draxler. Number 23."

Kaylie glanced at his outstretched hand, and then slowly a smile graced her soft pink lips. "I'm-" She was cut off by the buzzing in her hoodie pocket. At the same time, Giovani's voice echoed through the corridor, calling for Julian.

The pair exchanged glances. "I should get this," Kaylie said as Julian uttered, "I should go."

As Julian turned to leave, Kaylie gently touched his arm. "I'll see you around?" She said it as more of a question than a statement. How cute, Julian thought.

"Definitely."

--

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38K 1.2K 29
[ TWO SIDES OF YOU SEQUEL ] ❝ 𝙞 𝙬𝙖𝙨 𝙡𝙮𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙚𝙨𝙞𝙙𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙝𝙖𝙙 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙡𝙛 𝙨𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙢𝙮 𝙝𝙖𝙣�...
158K 2.4K 50
|COMPLETED| Who knew what could happen in two weeks... CURRENTLY EDITING! © all right reserved.
53.4K 438 26
"you know i love you so" in which i provide you with imagines of your favorite football players.
4.3K 175 14
This is how I feel; I'm scared of losing you but then again...you're not even mine.