The Odd Mind Of Tesla

By sabri_willow

18 year old Tesla Monroe Everly always had a knack for getting into embarrassing situations despite her outmo... More

1.Crappy perspective of the world
2.Dumpling: cause of the 'almost' execution
3.Life of an Oatmeal
4.May the odds be ever in 'my' favor
6.That ain't no american accent!
7. Flash back 1 : the chemistry
8. Irresistible feelings...
9. An old me with dried up feelings.
10. Forgetting her part-1

5.Americano accent

39 5 5
By sabri_willow

What would you do when two huge skyscrapers block your path because you did something to both of them and plus like a cherry on top, they know each other.
This was not the sundae I wanted.

They were having a reunion of their own...
"Aiden, why didn't you tell me you were coming?"

"I was gonna but something came up, so I decided to meet you here instead."

While they were having their own sweet bro conversation, I stood still between them and was dumbfounded.

Sam's friends started to leave. I took a step aside, thinking that this was my chance to escape... But then...

"I see you have met Tesla" Sam mentioned.

Instantly, eyes were on me.... I froze...

"Uh~ not exactly...." Said Aiden raising his right eyebrow.

This was it, I was about to be labelled as a creep, a lunatic~

I gathered all my courage, to face the humiliation and to atone for my mistakes. I gave a bold look facing towards this Aiden guy. Well, not at him but behind him was a poster of a cat hanging on a wire saying 'hang on' , I figured I better concentrate there, to not get nervous.

"I was just gonna ask her the directions to the office" he  gave a side smile.

W-What?!
Did I misinterpret the whole situation?

"Well in that case, I believe you two haven't met properly..."

"I wouldn't put it like that...." He was trying to hint me about something.

Instantly, the bold face disintegrated and came on the 'nervous' Tesla. Then it hit me, last night the stranger from Eric's house had the same name and height. Could that be him?

Sam introduced us, "Aiden, meet Tesla, and Tesla, meet Aiden an old friend of mine"

Aiden lifted his perfectly structured, veins-popping hand for a handshake and oh, I too lifted my hand; my squishy, soft, no veins visible, small hands.

"Hi, I'm Aiden. Aiden Baskerville....'

"Tesla. Tesla Mon-!... T-Tesla Everly."
Shit I was about to tell him my middle name. My haunting middle name.

"Well, nice to meet you Tesla Mon Everly"

"Just Tesla Everly, no 'Mon' included" I spoke bluntly.

Why did I do that?! -I started whining in my thoughts- Why am I being a stone cold bitch? This guy is being polite, he even gave a freaking weird handshake, no one does that - only a gentleman.

He gave a wide smile like he was amused by my reply.

Then, Sam looked at his wrist watch and tilts his head towards me...
"I gotta go guys, I've got something to take care of....Tesla can I meet you at the coffee shop today after classes gets over?"

"Sure, why?"

"It's about my program. So at 3:30pm?"

I nodded.

"Cool, see you later guys"

As he left, there was an awkward silence between me and Aiden.

"So!.." He breaks the tension.
Thank God, it felt like a freaking time bomb.

"....Can you lead me to the Dean's office? I spent the last 15mins trying to find it, this place is like a weird maze."

I let out a slight giggle.

His American accent was so good even better than mine. He couldn't have possibly been the Aiden from last night who had a charming British accent and this one had a fluent American accent.

Without saying a word I started to walk, leading the way. For a while he was walking behind me but due to the big steps that he took, he started walking besides me.
He must have been thinking that I walk like a sloth.

I thought of starting a conversation.

I turned my head towards him and looked up to speak, but then I saw his dark-brown hair that looked so smooth and his enchanting hazel eyes, which sealed my lips to say anything.

When he turned his attention on me, I instantly dropped my gaze, looked down and didn't say a word the whole way.

When we had finally reached the Dean's office, I stopped there and gestured my right hand towards the wooden door to him.

"Thanks..." Said Aiden cheerfully walking towards the door.

"You're welcome." I spoke in a soft voice, still not meeting his gaze.

I turned back and started walking a few steps when-

"See you later, Tesla Every No-'Mon'-included~" he said in a playful tone.

I didn't reply, because I already knew how horrible the reaction on my face looked like; eyes bulging out, eyebrows in a caterpillar-like motion, twitchings on the cheeks and other corners of my face and don't even get me started on the red-gushing color of my face and neck.

The moment he said that I walked a few steps normally till he went inside the office. After that-

I ran, no,.. I jumped.....maybe both....

*sigh*

I had invented a new ninja technique which included both running and jumping simultaneously. I named this technique 'rajum' (#so_Indian) or 'rujum'... (Still working on it)

There was still 15mins left for class and for some reason Amber was nowhere to be found.

I called her 3 times, she was not picking up.

5 mins later, I got a call, it was Amber...

"Yo, where you at?"

I hear her panting like was running

"I'm coming.....*heaving breathing* I missed the bus"

"Did you forget that we were supposed to meet early?" I frowned.

"Not exactly ~...kinda....I got caught up in something"

"Well you better hurry, class is about to start in 10mins"

"I'll be there within 2mins Mamacita" She hangs up.

Mamacita?! What's up with her?

Surprisingly, she did reach within 2mins...

I clapped for her as she entered through the door, I was impressed by her timing. The sweat on her face was like someone splashed her with water.

"8mins left to spare!...."she said with a sense of pride and showing off her new wrist watch.

I rolled my eyes at her and started walking besides her.

She told me that she was late because she was practicing on how to be a Latina the whole night, and because of that she woke up late. (Amber was half Latina)

The reason was that her grandma was coming and her grandma was....well, like a Latina gangsta (metaphorically)
And Amber was not even close or possesed any behavioral traits to be one.

I laughed so hard when she explained me her situation.

"It was bad enough when before I decided not to have my quinceañera, my grandma went on full 'Godzilla'...and now that she is coming and I'm 19 she expects me to be all latina-like or else, there will be no more Christmas gifts and by 'gifts' I mean money....'money~' Emphasis on the 'MONEY!!!'....."

I continued laughing, my jaws started to hurt.
Amber started to frown, 'Don't feel so happy,..you had a trauma, remember?.."

Instantly the laughter diminished and the gloominess settled in

"something more happened again~...!..." I spoke in a whining slash wanting-to-cry tone.

I told her about my incident that happened a minute ago....

"Aya-yai-ya-yai!..."she exclaimed in a latina-manner....

After comforting each other and suffering the dreadful classes, finally it was over. We get to go home!!!! *cue joyful music and showers of glitter*

As Amber and I headed outside the door Sam and Aiden came looking for me.

Sam was about to say something but then his phone rang, he gestured his hands telling me to wait for a sec, then he went aside to talk on the phone.

So, once again I was left with Aiden but this time, thanks to the heavens, Amber was with me.

"Hello again" he waved his hand

"Hi~" no emotions lingered in my reply... God why?! Why am I turning into a stone-cold bitch again?!

He came closer...

"How was class?" He asks with a charming smile.

I could sense Amber already being  impressed.

"Fine..." I felt nervous

"....um..this is Amber" I turned towards her.

Amber was so engaged in staring at him that she didn't hear me introduce her.

I pinched her from the side and she came back to her senses.

"Amber this is Aiden, and Aiden this Amber"

"Hi!" said Aiden with that heart throbbing smile.

"H-Hi...Americano~"

What? -_-

Aiden raises his right chocolate eyebrow like he found her reply weird (in a funny way)

"Uh Yes I am 'americano'...and I'm guessing you're a Latina?"

"Si Monsieur..."

Great! Now she was just saying words that are not English.

Aiden didn't say anything...I'm guessing he found out too that this time she was speaking French....

The awkwardness remained for a second till Sam came.

"Tesla don't forget okay?" Sam reminds me of our appointment.

"Sure, don't worry I'll be there."

"You better be, don't go on full 'ghost' on me later ...." he reminds me of my disappearances...

I gave a nervous laugh....

"....See you later Tes. Aiden and I will be there waiting for you"

W-What?Aiden will be there too?

As they went away, Amber and I started preceding to the halls when some people blocked our path...
It was Celine Amherst and her minions....

"Hello Tesla~..." She gives me that evil glare.
".....and red head" referring to Amber.

I never liked Celine, she was the bitchiest person I ever met and had that persona of a mean girl....I mean seriously didn't she see 'Mean girls 1 & 2' nothing good ever happens to the mean girl!

"Hi Celine and minions ...." Both Amber and I spoke at the same time in a monotonous tone. We were obviously not interested in having a conversation with her.

Celine gives a fake laugh, "haha..you guys are so funny like really funny..."

I sensed sarcasm...

"...I love not to hang with you guys but I that is not what I came here for.." She was getting down to business..

I figured it was about Sam....they broke up last month but she was still onto him...

"I see that you were talking with Sam and Aiden  this morning and just now,a minute ago~" she was hinting me to back off but I acted dumb instead....

"Yes, and what about it?" I gave an I-don't-care smile..

She was pissed....her botox facelift was coming off...

"Listen Everly and redhead-..."

"She has a name...it's Amber." I interrupted.

Celine still continued pointing her index finger at me, "if I were you I'd back off on something that never belonged to me in the first place-.."

"Celine!" I hear a loud commanding female voice

It was Beatrice Amherst, her twin...

"Oh! Hi Beatrice, I was just talking to my friends *giggle*" her fake sweet tone comes into play.

Eventhough Beatrice was her twin, they were like day and night. Beatrice dressed tough and all black and leather, but she wasn't mean unlike the evil queen here;dressed all cupcakes and rainbows but all dried up from the inside....talk about not judging a book by its cover....

"Let's go, the driver is waiting for us"

"Coming cupcake~" Celine and her minions head towards the door.

But then Celine whispers something in one of her minion's ear and the minion comes skipping towards us
"Celine told me to tell you that to stay away from Sam Arkin....-"

"Geez..."Amber gives a disgust look

"...- and also, if I were you I'd keep my distance from that new guy as well"

"Well tell your Regina that we don't give a shit"

the minion gives us an amused side smile, "well nothing to worry about then, and besides both of you are not their types....-" she scans us both up and down..

"....-Guys like them, don't go out with girls like you"

"What do you mean?!" Amber's voice rose up

"I mean you know, a mixed girl and a redhead~...I'm not being stereotypical but uhmmm you're also equally lame..."

That's it!I wanted to rip her head of with a samurai sword or give a Karate chop, or better, pull her flat hair, drag it to the wall and hit her till my heart would be contented....

But no I couldn't do that, I couldn't go back to the old ways....not after all the things I went through...I tried to calm myself....

I spoke in a matured tone, " I got a spicy curry in my back pack, and unless you want me to throw it at your face and your Dior shirt, I suggest you better run.."

😏Hey I said ' a matured tone' not a 'matured act'

"Wh-What?!" Her face was filled with horror

I slowly reached my backpack with my right hand...

"...1,2,3..-"

I opened the zip slowly and put my hand inside it-

"Okay, okay....aaaaa!!!!" She  started screaming and ran with her with heels on..Damn it was funny to look at...

"Sometimes you scare me Tesla." Amber spoke in a shivering manner

"That's why you love me, don't you?"

"Well yes, I do..."

We let out a laugh and started  walking towards the door..

"Do you really have curry in your back?" Amber was curious.

"Nope!"

*
Thanks alot for reading..... Don't forget to vote and comment if you liked it.... Sorry for not updating so long... (・∀・)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 57.9K 70
| Highest Rank: #23 in Teen Fiction | ---------- I wrote this when I was, like, 13 or 14. I will be editing this throughout the month of January, 201...
5.9K 209 22
Working for a rich family like the Thompson's, knowing that she was just like them once was hard for Amelia. The fact that she now had nothing left a...
5K 137 102
"I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my wor...
161K 3.3K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...