The Startled Princess

By Bellaaa_

[PRINCESS HOURS FAN FICTION] "So you're saying that my grandfather and Prince Seth's grandfather arranged our... More

♕ Chapter 1
♕ Chapter 2
♕ Chapter 3
♕ Chapter 4
♕ Chapter 5
♕ Chapter 6
♕ Chapter 7
♕ Chapter 8
♕ Chapter 9
♕ Chapter 10
♕ Chapter 11
♕ Chapter 12
♕ Chapter 13
♕ Chapter 14
♕ Chapter 15
♕ Chapter 16
♕ Chapter 17
♕ Chapter 18
♕ Chapter 19
♕ Chapter 20
♕ Chapter 21
♕ Chapter 22
♕ Chapter 23
♕ Chapter 24
♕ Chapter 25
♕ Chapter 26
♕ Chapter 28
♕ Chapter 29
♕ Chapter 30
♕ EPILOGUE

♕ Chapter 27

85.2K 1.7K 256
By Bellaaa_

It's already chapter 27 :(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This!" Jessica threw the newspaper onto the table as she took a seat opposite to Christina. "You said everything would work perfectly, Christina! That I'll get Seth in no time! But now what? Seth's confessed his love for her and millions of people knows about it!" she ranted, stomping the table. Everyone in the cafe was staring at her but she didn't care. 

"I've read it, Jessica. You don't have to bring the news to me," Christina pushed the newspaper away as she didn't want to see the picture. For her, it's disgusting. "And stop blaming me. You didn't help me at all. You only know how to whine and cry," she said, looking away.

"What?" Jessica's eyes widened. "I helped you a lot. I sacrificed my own dignity to give you that picture of me in Paris! Everyone in the world is calling me a slut, Christina. Do you know how it feels? And you could say that I only know how to whine and cry?"

Christina sighed. "Stop. This is not the time for us to fight. We need to think of something, Jessy. The people started to trust him again. Said that he's a loving man and caring," she said loathingly. Jessica ran her hands through her red hair. "I don't have any idea. We got nothing now," she sighed and was thinking hard.

Christina shook her head. "No. We still have Alex," she said and an evil smile curved on her lips. "We could use him. Rose's his best friend, right?" 

Jessica smirked. "More than that, I guess," she said, sneering at her. Christina raised an eyebrow as the waiter poured them a cup of coffee. "What do you mean?" she asked, eyeing her suspiciously. She raised her cup to her lips.

"Alex loves her," Jessica told her. Christina's eyes widened and she almost dropped her cup. "He what?" she asked as she wanted to know more. Alex never hides anything from her so she was surprised that Alex didn't tell her anything.

"You don't know?" Jessica smirked and took a sip of her coffee. She lowered her cup. "I knew he wouldn't tell you. The thing is, Alex is in love with her. He even helped me to separate Rose and Seth once," she told her.

Christina didn't say a thing as she was shocked to hear the news. "He never told me about it," she drawled after a few moments. Jessica nodded. "Maybe he's afraid that you might scold him or something," she explained. "What ever it is, you're right. We can use Alex," 

"Yes, we can. I'll think of something and this time, Seth and Rose wouldn't be lucky anymore," Christina said, looking straight into her eyes. She wouldn't stop until she got what she wants. Jessica stared at her and now, she didn't trust her plan fully. 

~~

 Seth held his arms over his chest as he watched Rose, sitting in the garden alone. She was  looking and moody and he wondered why. Rose looked fine and cheerful that morning. He was curious so he walked towards her. The night was dark and the gentle winds made him shiver. 

"Hi," he said and took a seat beside her on the bench. Rose turned her eyes at him and smiled weakly. "What's wrong? Why you're sitting alone here?" he asked concernly. Rose shook her head and rubbed her shoulders. "Nothing. I just need to be alone," she said in a low tone. 

"Without any jacket on?" Seth said sternly as he knew that she was cold. He put off his blue jacket and wrapped it around her. Rose shook her head. "Don't," she said but Seth ignored her. He winced himself closer to her. "I'm not letting you die in coldness, Rosie," he said.

Rose sighed and looked down. "Can you at least tell me what's wrong? You're freaking me out," Seth asked again, pleading. She refrained herself from crying and tried her best not to look at his eyes. "I'm okay," she said slowly. 

Seth turned her face to look at him. "Roseline, tell me," he demanded and his eyes caught hers. He knew something was wrong and she was hiding something from him. "You're not alone. You have me," he begged. Rose looked down and shook her head. "I don't know how to," she said in tears. "I don't even know why I'm crying,"

"You're in stress," Seth said. "You need to tell me. Just put it in simple words, please," he took her hand and squeezed it. "Is it Jessica? Did she say something to you?" he said, raising his tone.

"No," Rose denied. "It's me. I can't tell you, Seth. I just can't,"

"Rosie, please. I can't see you like this," Seth pleaded. He winced even closer and put his arm around her. He put her head on his shoulder. "Tell me,"

Rose sobbed and cried on his shoulder. "I just can't make the right decision. It's too painful," she said. Marie's words were wandering around her head. The fact that she has to divorce to get into London School of Ballet was killing her from inside. 

"Choose?" Seth repeated. "Choose what?" 

Rose raised her face from his shoulder and stared at him. "I can't choose between you and ballet, Seth. Ballet has always been my dream and you... I care about you too much," she cried, looking straight into his eyes. 

"I'm lost. Tell me what's going on, please. Why you have to choose between ballet and me?" Seth asked as he was bewildered. "What happened?"

Rose pulled a deep breath and her eyes downcast. "Someone came to school this morning. She's giving me a full scholarship.... To London School of Ballet," she told him slowly. Seth didn't say anything as he lost his words. Half of him wanted to congratulate her but the other half wasn't ready to lose her.

"It's a good thing, right?" Seth pretended like nothing was bothering him. Even though his heart was crying inside. Rose nodded. "The thing is.... I have to be single if I want that scholarship," she let out the bad news. "We have to divorce," 

Seth pulled his arm away from her and tried to relax himself. He took a deep breath and looked away. And his eyes were getting wet. He nodded to her. "I have already promised that, didn't I? I'll let you go, Rosie," he said reluctantly. 

"I don't want that," Rose shook her head. "I need you,"

Seth flicked his eyes at her. "And I need you too," he said, sounding so desperate and hurt. "But I'm not going to let you miss this. Not even for me. I know how much this means to you,"

"And do you know how much you mean to me?" Rose cried and she couldn't believe that Seth was still going to divorce her after everything that happened. "How could you..." tears were trailing down heavily down her face. 

"I just want the best for you. I told you that, Rose. And because I care about you, I'm letting you go," he explained. A tear finally dropped from his eyes. "This is hard for me too. Seriously, Rose.." he said sternly. "I just want you to be happy. That's all," he looked down.

"I can't choose. I don't want to," Rose said and she stared at him. Everything that happened made her realize how much she cares for him. She watched him as he cupped his face using his hands. He was hurt badly and she could feel it. "I'm sorry," Rose drawled.

Seth shook his head and sighed. "You don't have to. It's not your fault," he said before he wiped his face. He looked deeply into her eyes. "You must choose ballet," he said firmly, trying to be strong. "And you are choosing it,"

"I can't-" before she could even finish her words, Seth puts a finger on her lips. "Don't say anything. I'm making the best decision for you, Rose Humprey," he said and for the first time, he called her Rose Humprey. 

"You're calling me Rose Humprey,"

"It's your name," Seth said and gazed at her face for some moment. He'll miss everything about her - her laugh, smile and the way she bit her lips when she was unsure about something. The way Rose calls him monkey and jerk and her simpleton behavior. "I just need you to promise something," he said in a refrained tone.

Rose waited.

"I want you to promise me that you won't forget me. You have to call me every day and you can't have any boyfriend," 

Rose let out a weak chuckle. "It's a girl's school, Seth,"

"Fine then. Remember that! You have to call me every day, every night and you mustn't forget me," he said firmly. Rose nodded. "I'll call you every hour," she promised and smiled weakly. She'll miss everything about Seth Larston.

"Pinky promise?" Seth raised his pinky finger at her. Rose laughed with tears. "I thought you hate this," she said and it made her even harder to leave him. Seth gave her a perfect smile and his face shined in the dark.

"I, Rose Larston, promise you, Seth Larston," she promised, stressing on her name to prove that she will always be his. 

"Buffalo," Seth said and leaned his face closer to her. "I miss you already," he said and put his forehead against her. He kissed her forehead and wrapped his arms around her body, feeling the comfort of hugging the girl he loves so much.

Rose smiled and she wrapped her arms around his neck. "I miss you too," she purred as she brushed her nose against his. Her life was so perfect right now and it would be taken away from her soon enough. 

"You're killing me, Rose," he grinned as Rose was teasing him and it made him realized how much he wanted her. 

"Okay. I am going to kill you now," Rose mumbled before she pressed her lips to his. Seth smiled as he kissed her deeply and there's no way he was going to control himself this time. He traced his hands behind her back, pulling her closer to him as Rose tightens her grip on his neck.

"You're freaking sexy, Rosie," Seth said winking his eyes as he kissed her again. Rose pulled her lips away. "I thought you said that I have huge legs and I don't have that ballerina's body," she joked, recalling everything that happened on their first meet at the castle. 

"Kidding. I think you're the sexiest girl in the world," he said and planted a soft kiss on her lips, making her toes curl as Rose got excited. She smiled. "I'm so going to miss you," she said in a sad tone. Truthfully, she didn't even know if she had made the right decision. It was just so hard to let him go. 

"We're going to keep saying that, Rose," Seth said and brushed his fingers on her fluffy cheek. He smiled assuringly. "For now, let's just talk about something else. Forget everything that is happening around us," he suggested. Rose nodded and he was right. She didn't want to spend her time with Seth, mourning and crying. "You got any idea," she purred.

"Oh, I have loads," Seth prattled, winking like a pervert. He stroked the side of her face. "Which one you want?" he grinned. Rose laughed and nudged his stomach. "Hmm, which one you like?" she said, smiling seductively. Seth made his thinking expression before he locked his eyes on hers. "I got an idea," he said eventually.

"Does your idea involve the pervert action of yours?" Rose asked and raised an eyebrow. She couldn't lie to herself that somehow, she was hoping that he'll say yes. Seth shook his head and pinched her nose. "Not this time, Princess. I was hoping for that too but this time I want us to do something else," he said. 

Rose waited curiously.

"Let's watch some Freddie Krueger's movie again," Seth suggested. Rose was taken aback as she thought he hated that movie. "What? You're not scared of it anymore?" she joked. Seth laughed. "This time I have you to hug me so I don't have anything to be scared of," he said before he stood up to his feet. He bent his body. "Hop up on me," he offered at her.

Rose laughed as Seth waited for her. She stood up to her feet and jumped on his back. "Ready?" Seth asked and Rose gripped her arms around his neck. She kissed his cheek. "Now, I'm ready," she said. He smiled and started to walk to his bedroom. 

Seth and Rose watched the movie together. Just like their first movie night. Only this time, Seth has wrapped his arm around her and her face rested on his neck. Plus, they didn't even watch the movie. Most of the time they were kissing - showing their passion and love for each other. Everything was just too perfect until they almost forgot that they will be far from each other after this. 

~~

Seth shrugged as the five o'clock sunshine hit his eyes. He squinted his eyes slowly and a smile curved on his face as he realized that Rose was sleeping in his arms. He'd never get enough to watch her sleep. It's just too perfect. He brushed his nose against hers. "Princess..." he croaked, waking her up.

Rose opened her eyes slowly and smiled. "Morning," she said in a sleepy tone. "What time is it?" she asked, looking around the room for a clock. "I don't know," Seth said before he pressed his lips onto hers. Rose smiled and kissed him back before she pulled away. "We need to go to school," she said before she looked down. "And I need to give Marie the answer today," she sighed.

"And you'll say yes," Seth said and stroked her cheek. Rose frowned and buried her face on his neck, breathing in his cologne. "Are you sure you're okay with it?" she asked, closing her eyes. Seth nodded. "I want the best for you. You'll do great in London," he said assuringly. 

~~

"What? London? When? Why didn't you tell me?" Alex asked her insistently as Rose told him everything. Rose nodded. "I don't know. She said maybe next week. The start of the new term. I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier," she explained.

Alex sighed. "Seth knew?" he asked.

"Yes. I told him yesterday," Rose drawled, eyes downcast. She'd meet Marie White just now and she told Marie her decision - she has accepted the offer. Rose will move to London next week when the new term starts. "He's okay with it?" Alex asked when he actually knew the answer. He was sure that Seth is okay and he'll be fine to divorce her for her own good.  

"He said that he wants the best for me," Rose said, wiping a tear off her face. She gazed into Alex's eyes. "I don't know if I made the right decision, Alex. I can't lose him," she said. 

"I'm sorry," Alex said. "If only I know how to help you, Rose. But to be honest, I think you made the right decision. We all know how much you want this and this is the time for your talent to be seen. This is huge, Rose,"

"Everyone kept saying the same thing," Rose croaked. "Except me," 

"You'll be fine. Trust me," he said, assuring her. "You'll be a great ballet dancer and who knows, you'll be a Crown Princess again some day," he gave her a smile to cheer her up. Rose silent herself and looked down. She didn't have any mood to talk to anyone or even smile. All she could think about was her 7 days left with someone she cares the most.

Rose walked out of the school building weakly and waited for Seth at the usual place. She glanced at her phone to check the time and she wondered where he is. He was supposed to be here by now. She looked around and there's no sign of their limo too. Did he leave her? She kept wondering until a red Ferrari car suddenly stopped in front of her. 

The windows were tinted so she couldn't see the driver. "Hey," the driver opened the window and smiled at her. Rose startled. "Lexie?" she asked. "What are you doing here?"

"Seth had to go back to the castle earlier. He had something to be settled," Lexie explained. "So, he asked me to pick you up,"

"Oh, really? Sorry if I'm bothering you," she said apologitecally and  bowed her head. There's a part of her that wanted to choke Seth now. He should have told her that he's leaving. Lexie chuckled. "Nah, get in the car. You must be hungry? Let's grab some bite,"

She motioned towards the passenger seat and got into the car. It was the first time Rose had ever ridden a Ferrari. "Nice car," she praised and her eyes were observing the stereo and everything. "Thanks," Lexie smiled. "So, what do you want to eat? McDonald's?"

Rose was taken aback as she never thought a royalty would eat at McDonald. "Sure," she said awkwardly and smiled. "Great!" Lexie chirped and drove the car to the nearest McDonald. 

At McDonald, Rose got herself a chicken foldover and a coke. She watched Lexie ate her double-cheese burger hastily and wondered if she really is a princess. Rose shook her head, waking her up from staring at her and sipped her coke.

"So, Seth told me what happened just now. About you and the scholarship," Lexie spoke and wiped her dirty mouth. "Congratulations. It's hard to get there, you must be very good," she winked. Rose smiled shyly and said, "Thanks,"

"He also told me that he was going to divorce you soon," Lexie said and the smile dissappeared from Rose's face when she mentioned the word divorce. Lexie cleared her throat and brought her hands together. "You're okay with it?" she asked, looking directly to her eyes.

Rose shook her head but she didn't say a thing. She lost her words and she didn't know what to say to her sister-in-law. Lexie nodded and understood what she felt. "I guessed. Seth wasn't okay too," she said. 

"What did he say?"

"He cried," Lexie told her. "Right in front of me and I've never seen him like that. Even when he was just a baby,"

Rose closed her eyes and she felt terribly guilty. She should have known that Seth was just pretending to be fine. She ran a hand through her long brown hair and looked down to the table. 

"Rose," Lexie started and raised her head to face her.  "I know how much you love ballet. But it won't mean anything if you're dancing with a broken heart. I know your mind is in London but your heart is here, with Seth. Sometimes we have to choose between two important things and you have to follow your heart,"

"It's funny actually," Rose smiled and her eyes were watery. "Five months ago, I wouldn't think twice about going to London. Maybe I would have begged Miss White to get me there as soon as possible," 

"Do you love my brother?"

"More than you think," she said honestly. She looked away and stared out of the restaurant windows. "The only thing that's keeping me here is him,"

"You already know the answer," Lexie convinced and squeezed her hand. "You just need to be sure about it or you'll it regret forever," she said wisely. "Seth needs you more than he thought he didn't. I've never seen he look at someone the way he looks at you," 

"Thanks, Lexie," Rose smiled and she smiled back.

~~

Alex slammed himself onto the bed and closed his eyes. He squeezed his forehead as he was thinking hard about Rose. There's no way he was letting her go and he couldn't accept if she's miles away from him. But if Rose didn't go to London then Seth won't divorce her. Alex was in dilemma.

His bedroom door cracked open and Christina popped her head through the door. "You didn't come to say hi to me when you get back home," she sulked. Alex curved a weak smile on his face. "Sorry,mom. I'm tired," he lied and put off his jacket.

Christina walked into his bedroom and sat on the bed. "Tell me what happen," she asked, tapping on his lap. Alex shook his head. "Nothing. Normal stuffs," he said shortly. He closed his eyes trying to get some sleep. 

"Don't lie,"

He shrugged. "Rose's moving to London, okay?" he said, raising his tone as he didn't want to be disturb. "She got a scholarship to that ballet school and she's leaving next week!" he released his anger and frustration. He ran his hands through his blonde hair and breathed in heavily. "I'm sorry,mom. I just need time to be alone,"

Christina was slightly shock by his respond but then she remembered Jessy told her that Alex is in love with Rose. No wonder he was acting crazy. "I'm sorry, honey," she pretend to be sad. "But it's for the best,"

Alex turned his eyes to his mother. "I can't take it. I don't want to lose her," he shook his head. Christina hugged him and stroked the back of his hair. "Shhh. It's going to be alright," she said as Alex buried himself on her mother's shoulder. 

Christina smiled behind him. 

~~~

Wow. Long chappy this time xD

SOooo don't forget to comment and vote! :3

This chapter is dedicate to Synyster my little stalker! Love you hon! Don't forget to check her awesome book called  'Lucid' . It's really good and refreshing ! Seriously! 

The awesome banner was again made by Miss @Nevermore_Girl :3

Bye for now :)) love yaaa <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 993 22
It's been 5 years since Zenande has left South Africa. She is now a qualified doctor and a successful model at that. It hasn't been an easy journey b...
68.7K 3.4K 30
╰┈➤✮ 𝐴𝑎𝑟𝑛𝑎𝑣 × 𝑇𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑠ℎ𝑘𝑎 ❝𝑯𝒂𝒎 𝒂𝒂𝒑𝒔𝒆 𝒃𝒐𝒉𝒐𝒕 𝒎𝒐𝒉𝒐𝒃𝒃𝒂𝒕 𝒌𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒆 𝒉𝒂𝒊 𝑻𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒔𝒉𝒌𝒂❞ *:・゚✧...
84.8K 5K 31
(Published on Amazon as an e-book, sample here only)...... Nineteen year-old beautiful girl Hooriya Malik is a rich spoilt brat. She is Arrogant, St...
110K 5.3K 28
|| MULTI - COUPLE ROYAL ROMANCE || ❥ • ❥ • ❥ • ❥ • ❥ • ❥ • ❥ • ❥ • ❥ • ❥ • ❥ • ❥ • ❥ They are royals , one of the most respectable and powerful peop...