♕ Chapter 11

"You're quite these few days," Seth asked as he noticed that Rose was quieter than usual; she had been ever since the Mayor's party. It was unusual for someone as cheerful as Rose to be so quite and not talk much. Even Seth could notice. "I don't feel like talking," Rose said at once and looked out the limo window.

         Seth stared at her for a few seconds. She could be freaking annoying sometimes, but he had to admit that it was fun when she was cheerful. He didn't know what to say, to cheer her up. He never was good at that sort of stuff. So, he ignored her and turned his eyes back to the newspaper.

       Rose never stopped thinking about what happened on that night. The sight of Jessica hugging Seth kept disturbing her mind. She was hurt and she didn't know why. She couldn't think of any explanation for why she was suddenly feeling this way. Whatever it was, Rose hated it and she wanted to get rid of it. The limo halted in front of the school lobby. Like always, their arrival to school would be hectic.

      "I'm going home myself," Rose told him when they managed to escape the wild students. "Got something to do," Seth crinkled his nose. He sighed. "Okay. But you're taking your bodyguards with you. I'm not letting you go off alone," he agreed. Rose nodded slowly and walked away from there. No goodbye, or even a smile.

       Rose crawled into her classroom. No one did stare at her now, as it has been 3 weeks since she had become Mrs. Larston. People started to get used to it. She took her seat and didn't even notice that Alex was sitting beside her. He didn't have to guess why she was moody. "Rose," Alex greeted her with a warm smile.

          Rose turned her eyes to him. "Hi," she smiled weakly. "Sorry, I didn't see you," she said and put her elbow on the table and rested her head in the palm of her hand. "Its okay. Are you feeling alright?" Alex asked full of concern. He never liked it when Rose was moody. He felt like he just lost his sunshine. Rose sighed. "I think so," she drawled.

     He put his hand on her shoulder. "Hey, smile a little bit if you're okay. You look like grandma now," he joked. Rose let out a small laugh. She imagined herself as grandma. "That's better," Alex grinned. "You're the best guy friend I've ever had, Alex," she prattled.

      Alex chuckled. "Yeah. Friend," he said slowly, almost inaudible. He found it hard to hide his disappointment. Friends, that's all he could ever be. He shook his head, trying not to think about it. "Hey, you're staying back, right? I told you that we'll start our project today," he chirped and couldn't hide his happiness at the part he said 'our project'. 

          Rose nodded. "I told Seth about it. But not about you taking my picture, just the part that I'm going home myself. He said okay but I've to bring my women in black with me," she explained. "Seth wouldn't let me stay by myself. Maybe he was afraid that I might run away." 

"Women in black?" Alex raised his blond eyebrow and puzzled. "My bodyguards. They're women," Rose whispered slowly. Alex laughed.

~~~

           Rose walked to the school auditorium after school. Alex asked her to go there because he was going to take her picture there. She pushed open the hall huge doors and step into it. The auditorium was huge, and this was the second time she had been in here. The first time was when she performed ballet dance in her third year. "Alex?" She called for him and her voice echoed. 

        She turned, facing her bodyguards. "You guys just wait here. I'll be fine. I'm with Prince Alex," she explained with hope that they would leave her alone. Alex. She didn't want any disturbance. "Yes, Princess," they said simultaneously.

        "Here!" Alex shouted back, waving at her and he was standing on the stage. There were a few people with him too. Maybe his assistants. Rose waved back and motioned towards him. She climbed the small staircase, heading up on the stage.