Hunting Silver

By PreyDelaCruz

A forest is one of the places where creatures of beyond human’s knowledge, reside. Of course, you just don’t... More

Chapter 01
Chapter 03
Chapter 04
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40

Chapter 02

36.1K 1.3K 410
By PreyDelaCruz

[Hunter  on the right. Oh, that sexy smirk. (--->)

Vote and comment, please. Enjoy reading!]

CHAPTER TWO

My consciousness came back when I heard noises around me. Birds chirping, calming breeze of the wind, and laughter. I blinked a few times before fully opening my eyes, and scanned my surroundings.

I was… in a clearing, I guessed. Although for me, it looked more like a meadow. I was leaning against a tree in a rather uncomfortable sitting position, so I straightened my back. I felt sore all over my body! That was when I noticed I was wearing a shirt obviously not mine and clearly a lot bigger than my size. I liked how it smelled though; it was oddly familiar.

I tugged the neckline and gasped when I saw no wounds in my chest at all. Like they were really, really, really gone! Was everything just a dream? A very bad dream? But how would it explain the shirt I was wearing?

“Uhh… we didn’t wake you up with our noise, did we?”

My head snapped to my left where the voice came from, and saw three shirtless guys – okay, did I just die and went straight to heaven? – about a meter and a half or two away from me. They looked like blood was drawn out of their heads, though.

I shook my head, not trusting my voice for I just might say embarrassing things. They sighed in relief simultaneously, the color of their faces coming back. Oh… kay…

“Thank God!” exclaimed the guy in the middle with the green eyes. I could guess he had an easy-go-lucky-let’s-smile-all-day personality. By his voice, I could say he was the one who asked the question earlier.

The midnight blue eyed guy grinned and wiggled his eyebrows. Ooohh… the I'm-sexy-and-I-know-it type. “You're finally awake. Alpha has been worried sick, you know?” Alpha? What a weird name.

“Yeah,” the gray eyed, and the shortest, guy – though he's still taller than be by an inch or two – said while nodding. I was guessing he was the let’s-follow-the-rules-only-when-they’re-looking type. “You’ve been out for three days.”

“THREE DAYS?! Are you kidding me?! Three fucking days?!” That just couldn't be! My family must be posting my pictures on the newspapers by now and sending lost person notices all over the internet! I wouldn’t even be surprised if they did some radio and tv announcements about me missing! They could go that far because they loved me that much.

“Wait, are you feeling alright? Nothing hurts in your body or something?” asked Green Eyes. I just shook my head. He smiled, the kind that could light up a whole town – credits to Taylor Swift. “I'm Caleb, by the way.”

“Aiden,” said Midnight Blue Eyes with a mock salute.

“Stefan,” said Gray Eyes, scoffing at Aiden. Ooohh… I could smell smexy love in the air.

I nodded in response, still not sure what to do. It’s not like I could trust them just because they seemed kind, harmless and friendly. Though, it felt relieving to be with humans again instead of… a bear. And a wolf.

“Hey, how did I get in here, by the way? I remember passing out in a room… or something.” I stared at them in confusion, trying my hardest to remember what I could. “And what happened to my wounds? How about the guy I saw the two times I passed out? And whose shirt is this that I'm wearing?!”

Caleb lifted his hands to stop me. I didn’t notice that I actually took a few steps closer to them. “Easy. No need to get your panty in a twist.”

I looked at him flatly. “I don’t wear panties. Ew.” I might be gay, but I would never touch, let alone use, any girl stuffs. Well… except for eyeliners. Okay, fine! Just some, okay!

“Huh.” The other two laughed at Caleb, and he punched them in the shoulders playfully. “Anyways, the guy you're talking about is our Alpha.” That again? Ugh…

“Who’s Alpha? You keep saying that name.” They looked at each other, then looked at me like I just grown a third heads.

“He's a sex shark!” shouted Caleb.

“A horn dog!” exclaimed Aiden.

“A dry humping monkey!” hollered Stefan.

My left eye twitched. “Do you know that if you combine those three… he would be a very perverted wolf? You know, with all the fangs and furs and fra-la-la?”

They burst out laughing that Caleb even rolled to the ground. Stefan was clutching his stomach while Aiden had his head hung back, laughing at the top of his lungs.

“Never mind! Just answer my questions!” I folded my arms over my chest with a ‘hmph’ and stomped my foot, which just added to Aiden’s enjoyment. Stefan looked at me like he just found a playmate.

Caleb was still the one who answered after they calmed down from their laughing fit. “He brought you here outside since you requested for more air or something along those lines.” Oh.

“Wait! You mean I've been here, just under the three, for three days?!”

“No, he brings you back inside before the night falls or when the wind gets too cold,” answered Stefan. He's swatting Aiden’s hands because he's playing with his already messy hair. I chuckled at that and motioned for Caleb to continue.

“You're wearing his shirt,” he said, teasing clear in his voice. “And about your wounds, he will be the one explaining that to you.”

I opened my mouth to protest, but was cut off when they all straightened up and bowed their heads. Wait… what was that for? HUH?!

I looked behind me and saw that gorgeous guy again! Oh yeah! He definitely outstood the three fellas! He nodded and I saw them from the corner of my eyes going back to normal.

“Hey, you!” I pointed a finger to Gorgeous Guy. I heard growls behind me but was gone after he nonchalantly waved a hand. I placed my hands on my hips and grinned. “Thank you?”

He just chuckled. Psh, I wanted to hear him talk! And why was he shirtless?!

“I'm shirtless because you're wearing mine,” he said and I was right! He had a sexy voice that could easily turn me on. Only not now since my head was still messed up. Wait, did I just say my thoughts out loud?! “Yes, you did.” FACEPALM!

“What's your name?” I asked, putting my hands behind my back and taking a step closer.

“Hunter,” he answered, not breaking eye contact. “Hunter Knight.” Aww yeah… his name suited him well!

“I'm Silver!” His left eye twitched. Yay! He had a mannerism like mine! I looked back at the three, my smile fading when I saw their widened eyes and paled faces. “What's wrong?”

I looked around and noticed that a lot of people of different ages were starting to form a circle around us. I raised an eyebrow at Hunter. He just smirked. Yeah right, like that really helped.

“Wha… what’s your name again?” asked Aiden in a shaky voice.

I turned around to face them completely. “Silver.” They took a step back. “My complete name is Silver Bullet.” They all glared at me, including those unfamiliar faces. I looked at Hunter over my shoulder and mentally sighed in relief when I saw him still smirking, as if he was enjoying this. “Hunter,” I said in a firm voice and I swore, I saw his ears slightly perk up. His blue eyes turned red for a moment but were gone back to original as fast as it appeared. Or maybe, I was just imagining things. I didn't know but I felt confident with that. I turned around once more to face the crowd with an eyebrow raised. I crossed my arms after flipping my imaginary long hair. “Sooo… is this the part where I'm supposed to be…” I motioned quotation marks in the air. “Scared?” Really, what was wrong with my name that they became like this?

Silence hung up in the air, until it was broken by a chorus of gasps the same time I felt arms wrapping around me. Knowing exactly who it was without looking, I leant against him. It took me almost all the strength left in me not to shudder when I felt a million shocks of tingling sensations with our skin-to-skin contact. He smelt like trees and fresh water. I knew I smelt that before. I just couldn't put a finger on it. My, that sounded so wrong.

Hunter had his arm around my shoulders and the other around my waist, holding me quite possessively and protectively. Audibly inhaling against my neck, which made me shudder might I add, he whispered, “Are you scared, Silver-babe?”

Sil. Ver. Babe?

I tilted my head and shot him a questioning look. He didn’t answer because he was busy planting butterfly kisses along my shoulder, since his shirt was too large for me that one of my shoulders got exposed. I fought back a moan and rested my head in his shoulder as he began tracing circles in my stomach. To when he slipped his hand under my – his – shirt, I didn't know.

Those three were right! He was so perverted, I nearly could see it radiating off his body. And as much as how I was enjoying this, I couldn't help but felt nervous a little. I mean, I just met the guy!

“Not at all…” I said, barely a whisper.

“Good.” He kissed the side of my head and hugged me tighter.

I took a deep breath to calm my breathing, which just did me a very little help. “Should I be scared, Hunter?”

“Never.” His voice sounded so… dominating. Instant turn on! “YOU being my mate; anyone else but me lay a finger on you will deserve enough punishment.” So now mate? Were they really speaking English?

I looked at him and immediately bit my lip to stop a whimper when I saw his glowing red eyes; the golden ring in it seemed moving. I would know those eyes even in my sleep!

“You, mister, have a lot of explaining to do later.”

He looked at me, our lips an inch away from connecting. “Heh… why not now?”

“Because!” I found myself tumbling with my words. “I, uhh… I'm… err…”

“What?”

“I'm hungry, okay!” I said and looked down, feeling the sudden heat crawling from my neck up to my head.

He chuckled. “Fine, you'll eat. Then prepare yourself because you'll be my meal.” I mentally cried to the point of dehydration. Yeah, I escaped death from that bear. But here I was, about to get eaten again… in a different way. But still!

His arm remained around my waist as we walked to what I could see from here, was a very huge house. It had four floors and seemed to be built ages and ages ago. Vines were climbing up the walls until the second floor. The crowd forming a circle immediately parted to give us way, their heads down I was afraid they were going to have aching necks soon. Caleb, Aiden and Stefan stepped in front of us, making us stop.

“Hunter,” Caleb broke the silence and chanced to look at Hunter in the eyes. I didn't know what he saw in them for him to quickly look back down. “We want to apologize to Silver. We didn’t know he's your mate and all.” The other two nodded in agreement.

I looked at Hunter and saw him raising an eyebrow at the three. “Do so.”

With his approval, the three instantly looked at me with regret and guilt visible across their faces. They even looked like they will suddenly fall on their knees in front of me. I couldn’t see the need for that though, let alone why they had to apologize to me.

“Silver, sorry for our rudeness earlier!” again, Caleb said. It seemed like he was the spokesperson for them three, eh?

“Why?” I asked. They looked at me like what I asked was why was the sky blue. “I mean, why would you apologize to me? I don’t recall any of you doing anything bad to me for the past few minutes that we’ve met.”

I glanced back at Hunter. He was looking at me like he wanted to jump me and kiss me senseless. I glared at him alright, but that didn’t stop him even for a second, so I returned my gaze towards the three who really seemed uncomfortable right now.

I sighed, walked to them and pulled them into a group hug. “Whatever it was, I forgive you. Now, can we get over this and drop the yucky awkward atmosphere?”

They soon chuckled and hugged me back. Aiden was the first one to pull away and grabbed Stefan’s arm when he saw him snuggling me. I slung my arm over Stefan’s shoulder, wrapped my other around Caleb’s waist, and stuck my tongue out at Aiden. I heard a very animalistic growl behind me and soon enough, I found myself being yanked back by none other than – yeah – Hunter.

“What's wrong with you?!” I asked, shouting, when he harshly turned me around. I didn’t intend to shout, but his vice-like grip on my wrist was hurting me.

“What do you think you're doing?!” I felt like shrinking when I saw the look in his face: fury. “Silver, you're my mate! Only mine and no one else’s! Can't you understand that?!” He was literally screaming right in front of my face, and my breath was caught in a hitch as I prevented my tears from falling. What? Someone shouting at me wasn’t my everyday thing! “You can't go around hugging other people, especially men! And right in front of me, too!”

That’s it. He's being unreasonable.

I pulled back my wrist from his grasp, which I tell you wasn’t easy at all, and slapped him.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 265 16
Being at the head of a pack is isolating; anyone at the top could tell you that. Rushed into a role you're not ready for. Rushed to find a mate. Rus...
1.6K 72 12
M/N who was already happy with his life was unlucky to know his parents were divorcing since his father felt like they weren't working out,however,hi...
62 1 12
Beyond the ocean is a world that no one ever thought was real. Only seen in fairytales and dreams. What if one day, someone accidentally found a way...
786 55 21
A forest is just a forest like a tree is just a tree and wind is just their to aggravate everything. So when Kelsy, an average girl is walking throug...