...I think I like you, what s...

By weeaboo343

HIGHEST RANK: #389 in Fanfiction. What you read on the title is what you will get! Will consider requests fo... More

Requests
~Archery Practice~ [Umi x Reader]
~Music To My Ears~ [MakixCold!Reader]
~Stalker Trouble~ [Eli x Reader]
~Shut Up!~ [Maki x Chuunibyou!Reader]
~My Little Ray of Sunshine~ [Honoka x NEET!Trap!Reader]
~Foreign Destinations~ [Ohara Mari x American!Reader] (Part One)
1k Reads!
~Matchmaker~ [Hanamaru x Dense!Protective!Reader]
~I Promise~ [Nozomi x Cold!Childhood Friend!Reader]
~Unnecessary Jealousy~ [Dia x Energetic!Childhood Friend!Reader]
~Basketball~ [Rin x Reader]
~You're Ours~ [Perverted!Eli x Shy!Anti-social!Reader x Perverted!Nozomi]
~Leave Me Alone~ [Ruby x Loner!Anti-social!Reader]
~Your Voice~ [Kanan x Deaf!Reader]
~Do You Still Love Me?~ [Nozomi x Timid!Reader]
~This Isn't So Bad~ [Kotori x Himedere!Reader]
~Under The Mistletoe~ [Honoka x Shy!Reader x Umi]
~Under The Mistletoe~ [Umi Ending]
~Under The Mistletoe~ [Honoka Ending]
This Kiss [Eli x Dandere!Reader]
~For You~ [Watanabe You x Violinist!Reader]
~Waiting~ [Kanan x ForeignTransferStudent!Reader]
[part 2] ~For You~ [Watanabe You x Violinist!Reader]
~Dear You~ [Maki x Reader]
~Savior~ [Maki x Delinquent!Reader]
[part 2] ~Stalker Trouble~ [Ayase Eli x Reader]
~Late Night Talks~ [Yoshiko x Reader]
50k Reads!!
~The Tale of Mikan and Red Bean Paste~ [Chika x Fan!Reader]
~My Plot Twist~ [Nozomi x Reader]
~Found~ [Riko x Reader]
[μ's] How the girls confess their love
[μ's] their reactions when you say, "I love you."
~Thank You~ [Dia x Abused!Reader]
Announcement for the new year!!
~Reasons Why~ [Hanayo x Reader]
[A/N] Last One-Shot
Operation: Fall In Love With Me! [flirty!Honoka x shy!Reader]
Let Me Be Your Number One! [Nico x Dense!Reader]
~I Got You~ [Protective!Umi x Reader]
~It's a Date!~ [Mari x Happy-go-lucky!Reader]

Click [Maki x Popular!Famous!Reader]

2.6K 78 22
By weeaboo343

A/N: I know I've been neglecting one-shot requests lately orz

So, here's one! ;w;

This was requested by Calista240205 . Hope you'll like it!

~~~

Otonokizaka Academy is extremely well-known for its successful school idol group μ's, but what most don't know about the school was that there was another musical talent lurking in its school grounds. 

She was quiet and reserved, and was always humble about her talent, but boy was she blessed by the musical gods and goddesses and was practically given a bunch of musical talent in her high school girl figure, and for that, she was popular.

(F/N) (L/N) was her name, but most, if not all, students in Otonokizaka Academy knew her as her nickname, (N/N). She knew how to play piano, play the guitar, and even a bit of the violin, and her voice was just angelic. Her only setback was that she was too shy to showcase just even a tiny bit of her extraordinary talent.

"Don't you think it's a shame?" Maki asked her as she played a warm-up piano piece in the school's music room.

You hummed as you took a look at her the music sheet that was neatly placed on the piano, "A shame? What do you mean?" you replied before humming along to the music.

"Your talent, I mean. You should have joined μ's when Honoka was scouting for members." The redhead glanced your way, wanting to see your reaction. She initially thought you would look bitter or even with a face plastered with regret, but instead, you were smiling at her. Noticing this, she quickly directed her gaze to the music sheet. In actuality, Maki didn't need to look at a reference as she had already mastered the warm-up piece, but she just wanted to have an excuse to look away.

You giggled for a bit, "Oh, come on, Nishikino, you know I'd look weird if I got into that whole school idol business. I just can't imagine myself doing all those things." You paused before continuing, "Well, sure, I can compose songs and can write a few lyrics down, but the whole package of being a school idol isn't just that. I'm sure you would know that more than anyone else."

She shook her head, "Weird? You wouldn't look weird at all."

You laughed heartily, "I'm not as pretty as you, Nishikino."

You expected a reply, but you were only met with silence.

"Ah, Nishikino?" You started. "Don't tell me you actually think I'm pretty?"

The girl playing the piano stopped momentarily, her mind currently in a ditz. She could feel her palms sweating and her heart beating more quickly than usual.

Now, in the past few days, our favorite piano player had been in a dilemma.

Her eyes had been glued to you most of the time, her thoughts had mostly been about you, and her mind always seems to go back to you.

As someone who comes from a family of doctors, she had first thought she should get checked on by a psychologist. However, she decided to consult her fellow school idol members, and surprise, surprise, her apparent diagnosis is: "lovesickness".

You felt a bit disappointed but mostly concerned about your friend's actions. "Um, Nishikino, you don't have to answer that, I was joking..."

Maki finally snapped out of her thought train and replied, "O-Oh, umm..." you giggled at her, causing her to blush a light red. "Anyway! I still do think your talent needs to be acknowledged by the masses!"

You laughed at her being a flustered mess, "Alrighty then, what do you have in store for me, boss?"

She crossed her arms, huffing and lightly glaring at you, "Well..." she mumbled. "Posting videos online has recently become a popular form of entertainment..."

A metaphorical light bulb lit on top of your hand, "Oh! So you're telling me to start doing that stuff, too?"

She shyly nodded, "That way, you can get yourself out there more."

"But aren't a lot of other people doing that too? I don't think little old me can get noticed easily..."

"(F/N)!" Maki stood up, looking at you with the most determined eyes you have ever seen in your life. "You are easily one of the most talented people I have ever met in my entire life. You're so musically inclined, I still can't wrap my head around how magically talented you are."

You felt yourself blush a bit. You honestly never see yourself that way, and hearing that coming from another person, just makes your heart feel warm. You cheekily smiled at her, "...thanks, Nishikino."

Realizing what she had just said to you, she blushed brightly, looked away and crossed her arms, and huffed once more, "...Whatever."

"Alright," you replied, chuckling. "I'll try it out. The online thing." Maki slowly looked over at you, pouting, and her arms still crossed with a blush on your face. "But I'll mostly cover your songs. That okay?" she nodded.

Afterwards, the both of you walked home together as the two of you lived on the same street.

As Maki waved goodbye at you and proceeded to enter her house, you felt a pang of loneliness in your heart. She was the support you needed, and the company you wanted. Shaking these thoughts off, you went inside your own house where your mother was diligently cooking you up a tasty dinner.

"I'm home."

"Welcome back, dear. I'm cooking your favorite tonight!"

You smiled and nodded, "Mom, I'll be upstairs, if you for some reason want to look for me, yeah?"

And so you jogged upstairs, and into your comfy bedroom, where you immediately turned your laptop on and started making an account.

"A username?" you mumbled. "I'll just use my nickname..."

Minutes had passed and you finally finished making your account.

"So... I should start making videos, huh?"

Seeing as your mother would still take a while, you grabbed your guitar and placed your phone on the wooden drawer next to your bed. You meticulously positioned your phone to make it face you, and started recording.

Your fingers moved on their own, as you decided to play Aishiteru Banzai, one of Maki's favorites.

Melodies filled the once empty air of your room as your voice passionately rang out and your fingers skillfully danced on the fretboard.

After the last note was sung and the last chord was strummed, you stopped the recording.

Before you were going to fully upload the video, you hesitated. Now, you weren't the type to get yourself out there, and you were honestly still anxious about everything.

You took deep breaths, remembering what Maki had said to you earlier at school, and remembering how much she believed in you.

You smiled, pressing the upload button.

"...And now, I wait."

"(F/N)! Dinner is ready!" your mother called from downstairs.

"I'm coming!" you yelled back as you hurriedly ran down, eager to eat.

~~~

The next day at school was... Weird. People were staring at you... erm, more than usual, that is. Some were even whispering amongst themselves.

Within the crowd, you spotted your favorite redhead, and hurriedly approached her. "Nishikino!" you called out.

"(L/N)? Good morning. Looks like you did what I told you."

"What?"

"Everyone at school saw your video, you know?"

You grabbed your phone and searched up the video you posted. It was true, there were way more views and likes than yesterday. There were even comments encouraging you to do more. "...you're right..."

"See?" Maki looked at you with pride. "I knew you could do it."

You giggled, "Yeah, thanks Nishikino."

The redhead looked around, and sure enough, people were still staring. To be completely honest to her tsundere self, she felt a bit jealous. Back then, only a few people really knew just how talented you were and Maki was one of those people. But now, more people than ever before now know who you are, and it felt like to her that she had to share you with the masses.

That didn't fit right to her.

"Oh well," you said, interrupting her train of thought. "Let's go to class?"

~~~

The night after that, and the next, you constantly uploaded videos, making your popularity skyrocket.

"Man, I've gotta thank Nishikino tomorrow at school."

~~~

As you stepped into the school premises, you saw Maki waiting for you. "Oh, Nishikino!"

Maki fiddled a bit before looking at you with a face that was beet red, "...can we go to the music room after school? I've got a song for you to listen to."

You smiled, "No problem!"

She nodded, "Okay, see you there."

You were confused, you had wanted to walk to class with her as usual, but you paid it no mind as you felt yourself feeling eager for the day to end so you could meet up with Maki, just like old times.

For the rest of the schoolday, you were restless.

~~~

The music room was... Just like always.

Maki played on the piano, as you stood beside her and analyzed the music sheet she was playing.

"Um, (L/N)... I made a new song, so..."

"Awesome! Let me hear it!"

She blushed at your enthusiasm, "It's not that good..."

"I'll still love it. It's you who we're talking about, after all."

Maki nodded, took a deep breath and started masterfully playing the piano,

"Hey, I've got something
Something to tell you
I'm not sure if it's true
But I just wanted to tell

That I like you
You've had me feeling eery
And at first, it was scary
But you eased me through it all
And now I have taken the fall

...I like you."

You clapped, "That was amazing! For who was that for?" you asked as you felt your heart break.

Maki suddenly stood up, "Idiot!" she yelled. "That was a confession to you!"

"Oh... Wait... What!?" you felt yourself blush as Maki looked at you dead in the eye.

"I... I like you!"

"You like you? Wait, no, that's wrong..."

"Just... Reject me and get this over with!"

"Hey, why would I reject you?"

"... Because you don't like me?"

"But... I do! I like you."

She balled her hands into fists, "No... Not like that."

"But I get it... I like you." you covered her eyes with your palm and gently placed a kiss unto your lips. "I like you." you repeated.

By now, her face was a dark red.

"So, Nishikino... No, Maki, I accept."

Maki hugged you so tightly you thought your intestines were going to spill out.

At that moment, you knew what your next video was going to be: "Meet my girlfriend".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

211K 5K 54
I love writing for Kurapika so here we are!! I take requests. All reader insert one shots. Kurapika deserves happiness.
13.3K 247 6
random collection of fanfics, cuz why not. XD HIGHLIGHY RECOMMEND 18+ There will be smut! XD
140K 3.5K 99
One shots!:) - Fullmetal Alchemist - Fairy Tail - One Punch Man - Tokyo Ghoul - Assassination Classroom - Fruits Basket - Attack on Tit...
236K 6.2K 21
Completed Aug 2016 Don't read- prepubescent me was stupid ___ "which host do you choose?" • • • 》 #106 in ohshc 6.23.18 》 #939 in oneshots 6.23.18 》...