The Salvatore Sister (A Klaus...

By RebelChild99

The name is Evangeline Salvatore, my goal is survival. In a world of vampires and werewolves it's survival of... More

The Salvatore Sister (A Klaus Mikaelson Story)
Chapter 1: The Past
Chapter 2: Mason * Chapter 3: Masquerade
Chapter 4: Vamp-Napped
Chapter 5: Plans
Chapter 6: Richmond
Chapter 7: Klaus
Chapter 8: Mystic Falls
Chapter 9: Deals
Chapter 10: The Dagger
Quick Author's Note
Chapter 11: Drinks
Chapter 12: Kill Me
Chapter 13: AlaricKlaus
Chapter 14: Curse
Chapter 15: Stefan
Chapter 16: Ray Sutton
Chapter 17: Chicago
Chapter 18: Betrayal
Chapter 19: Mikael Mikaelson
Chapter 20: Illumination Night
Chapter 21: Hatred
Chapter 22: Compulsion
Chapter 23: Scotland
Chapter 25: Remembrence
Chapter 26: Broken Trust
Chapter 27:Polite Chit-Chat
Chapter 28: Kat
Chapter 29: Technology Sucks
Chapter 30: The Mikaelson Maze
Chapter 31: We Can Break
Chapter 32: Asshat
Chapper 33: Decade Dance
Chapter 34: Doppelbitch
Chapter 35: Alaric The Indestructible
Chapter 36: Gone Wrong
Chapter 37: The Bitch Is Dead
Sequel

Chapter 24: Meetings

8.1K 245 37
By RebelChild99

Evangeline POV:

The airport was crowded with people; some arriving and some departing, but all of them carrying bags. Lots of bags, which made Katherine and I stand out greatly since we only carried a suitcase each; we always traveled light.

“Hail a taxi, I’m going to get a snack.” Katherine told me before giving me her suitcase and walking off in search of a meal. She hadn’t fed since we departed from Scotland, even though we changed our flight to make a stop in Virginia in order to drop Kol off and ended up just coming to New Orleans. She had spent her time talking to Kol while I got myself a meal that didn’t come from a bag.

Katherine POV:

Kol had assured me that he wouldn’t be truly daggered, which meant Evangeline’s compulsion would stick and I didn’t have to worry. Things had been going perfectly since he compelled her to forget and I didn’t want that to be ruined. She was in a good place now, safe from the influence of Klaus.

I took my phone from my pocket and punched in the only person in Mystic Falls whose number I knew by heart; Stefan Salvatore. It rang a few times before he picked up.

Stefan: What do you want?

Katherine: Don’t be grumpy, Stefan. I have some news about your sister and someone I want you to make sure doesn’t get the pointy end of a dagger.

Stefan: Shouldn’t you be speaking with Damon about this?

Katherine: I would if I knew his number by heart, but I don’t. Now about this person, it’s Kol Mikaelson. If he is killed then Evangeline’s compulsion will wear off and she will remember everything about Klaus. I know you don’t care about her compulsion; but you care about hurting Klaus. The longer he goes without word from her the more pain he will experience. Which means Kol Mikaelson cannot be daggered or killed, none of it.

Stefan: So you think that by allowing this compulsion to continue, I’ll be hurting Klaus?

Katherine: Yes.

Stefan: Well it seems to me that he’s found a new girl to terrorize, one that isn’t anything like my sister.

Katherine: What? Who on earth is it?

Stefan: It’s Caroline; he had Tyler bite her about a week ago to gain invitation to her house.

Katherine: What the hell? Why? She’s so annoying and blonde, does he have no boundaries?

Stefan: Your guess is as good as mine, but he’s moved on. I suppose your evil plan has failed, goodbye Katherine.

He hung up before I could say anything more and I shrieked in frustration. By compelling Evangeline, I’ve simply given Klaus the opportunity to hurt someone else; not that I cared about Caroline or her feelings. She could have Klaus, but I knew that if there ever were a time that Evangeline remembered Klaus, she’d be crushed that he could move on so quickly after she left.

I couldn’t even move 10 feet from the alley before my phone was ringing; I took it from my pocket. “I’m so popular today.” The caller ID said it was an unknown number, but I answered it.

Katherine: Who are you?

Elijah: It’s Elijah. I’ve been digging through Kol’s things for an hour now, we have a problem.

Katherine: What’s the problem?

Elijah: Kol.

Katherine: What about Kol? Stop being vague!

Elijah: Well we had the witch do the spell that made him appear dead, but then Niklaus removed the dagger from his chest and threatened me with it.

Katherine: And? That just means we can blame Klaus for Kol being awake.

Elijah: You obviously do not know my brother as well as you claim. He put the dagger back, except this time the ash was with it.

Katherine: Why did you let that happen?

Elijah: You think I could stop it? If I did, Niklaus would know something was wrong.

Katherine: He’s going to figure it out anyways when Evangeline starts remembering things! You know as well as me that she’ll go right back to Mystic Falls, back to him. One of you needs to get here and do it all again before she actually does remember!

Elijah: There’s no way we could make it to the Bahamas in time without Niklaus noticing. I have to be here and Kol won’t wake up in time.

Katherine: We aren’t in the Bahamas, plans changed.

Elijah: Just keep her there, snap her neck if you must, but don’t let her out of your sight until one of us can make it there.

Katherine: How long do I have until she begins remembering?

Elijah: It’ll start with a headache, then it’ll get worse and she will begin having the flashbacks of all the things she was compelled to forget. I’d say you have less than an hour before the headache, but it could be faster.

Katherine: I have to find her.

Elijah: She’s not with you?

Katherine: If she was then she would have heard everything; of course I’m not that stupid! I need to go, you better hurry up and get here.

I hung up without a reply and immediately took off as fast as I could—without drawing attention—through the crowd of people outside the airport. To my utter horror; Angie wasn’t where I’d left her. “Damn it! I cursed, catching the attention of the people around me. “Stop staring at me!”

It was all gone. Her luggage, my luggage, and most importantly; she was gone. I was about to curse again and grab a cab of my own when someone tapped my shoulder. I spun around; coming face-to-face with Evangeline. “Hey, there you are! I went to look for you.”

“Oh thank god!” I exclaimed, wrapping her in a hug. “You scared me!”

“Are you alright?”

“Yes. Why?”

“Well you’re sort of squishing me and I feel like I’m going to break in half.”

I released her and put her at an arm’s length. “Do you have a headache?”

“No. Why would I? I’m a vampire, remember? Are you sure you’re alright?”

I nodded; realizing what a ridiculous question that had been. Vampires didn’t normally get headaches. “Of course, why don’t we head to the hotel? I could use some sleep.”

“You can go; I was actually hoping to look around. It’s been a while since I was last here.”

“How about we go unpack and then we can both go touring?”

“I thought you wanted to rest?”

“Right, yeah. Just make sure you send me pictures of everything so I know where you are.”

“Okay? What’s with the sudden protectiveness?”

“Just worried about you, you know with all the vampires.”

“Oh, I’ll make sure to call you and tell you where I am.”

“Perfect.”

Evangeline POV:

Katherine was acting strange, extremely strange. First she asked me if I had a headache then she told me she was worried about me having a run in with an older vampire. As far as I knew; there was only one older vampire living in this city and he wouldn’t hurt me. There was a rule about not killing vampires.

“Pull over here.” I told the cabby, pointing to the side of the road. The driver did so and I paid him before getting out and dialing Katherine’s  number.

Katherine: Evangeline; is there something wrong?

Evangeline: No. You told me to call you whenever I go somewhere new.

Katherine: Right, where are you? And don’t say you’ve left the city.

Evangeline: Don’t worry; I’m still here.

Katherine: Where is here?

Evangeline: Audubon Zoo.

Katherine: Of course you would be there. Thank you for letting me know.

Evangeline: Anytime, Katherine. I’ll see you back at the hotel.

Katherine: Yep, I’ll see you there. Have fun!

Evangeline: I will try.

The dial tone sounded and I sighed in frustration, how did she not notice?

Katherine POV:

I sighed; she lied, that much was obvious. She could never get away with lying to me; not even through the phone. That left the question of where she was and why she had to lie about it; it had to be bad for her to even attempt that. What if she’s already started to remember?

That thought had me at the phone in seconds to find Damon’s contact. Surely he’d know or be able to find out where his little sister was. I found the number and pressed ‘call’, it went directly to voicemail.

“You’ve reached Damon Salvatore; don’t leave a message because he won’t listen to it.” Evangeline’s voice came through the speaker; she’d changed his voicemail after she tried calling him and leaving messages for two hours only to find out that he hadn’t listened to any of them.

I ended the call and tried again, this time using their house number. It rang twice before someone answered it.

Elena: Hello. Who’s this?

Katherine: Hello doppelganger; I’m looking for Damon.

Elena: Well he isn’t here.

Katherine: Keep the claws in. This is about his sister; so where is he?

Elena: At dinner with Klaus, Elijah, and Stefan.

Katherine: Since when are they besties?

Elena: They are only buying Bonnie and her mother time to unlock Klaus’ locked coffin.

Katherine: Sounds absolutely scandalous. Well I may as well find a use for you; I’m going to need you to call Evangeline and find out where she is. She’s lying about it and I want to know why.

Elena: Maybe she just doesn’t want you breathing down her neck.

Katherine: Don’t test me, Elena. If that were the case then she would have just told the truth; it’s easier and far less suspicious. Now will you call?

Elena: I’ll call her, but only because she could be in danger and she’s Stefan’s sister.

Katherine: How poetic of you, tell me what you find out.

She hung up less than a second later and I smirked, how I loved messing with Elena. She was just so easy to mess with.

Evangeline POV:

I looked up at the house where I once lived, it hadn’t changed at all in the past century. Still the same fortress look and still crawling with vampires, many more than there used to be. My admiration was severely short lived when one of the vampires noticed me and began to approach.

Another joined the first about halfway across the street and I glared, not enjoying the look they were giving me. “Hello, I’m looking for someone. He should be expecting me; Evangeline Salvatore.”

“You.” The one with the hat pointed at me and I grinned, now I was enjoying the look because it was one of a kinder nature. It wasn’t like I was a threat to anyone. “Diego, watch her.”

The African vampire’s eyes fell on me as the one with the hat ran towards the compound. “You know, you can leave.” I told him with a smile, knowing he wouldn’t leave. “I don’t kill other vampires.”

“That doesn’t mean I trust you.”

“And why is that? May I ask. I’m sure you’ve heard stories from your master.”

“I’m already beginning to realize why nobody that’s met you seems to like you.”

“Ouch, you’ve hurt my feelings. Although; I can’t say I like you either. Much too grumpy and brooding, like my little brother when he isn’t ripping the heads off everything that breathes.”

“Are you planning to shut up or am I going to have to snap your neck?”

“Neither, considering you won’t be able to accomplish that. You see I may not kill you; but I’d take pleasure in breaking your hand.”

“He won’t like that.”

“And I’m supposed to care why? He invited me here so I expect for his pets to leave me alone, that means you.”

He turned away from me and I grinned at the victory, I could argue anything I wanted.

“Evangeline Salvatore!” I spun around, eyeing the person who had disrupted my silence. “Why didn’t you tell me you were coming? When my guy saw you at the airport with your friend, I had to say I was pretty surprised.”

I brushed my hands over the front of my shirt and tried my best not to do anything, I didn’t need his guard dogs attacking me. “Well I was on an airplane when the decision was made, we had just dropped off Kol Mikaelson. I’m sure you remember him.”

“How could I forget? He is the one that helped you kill over a hundred people the last time you were here. When did he get out of his coffin?”

“A long time ago.”

“Surprising, I didn’t think Klaus would ever let him out.”

“He didn’t, Elijah did. Now, Marcellus, do tell me why I’m here defying Katherine and all her requirements?”

Before I could get the answer I came for, my phone erupted with the shrillest ring I’d ever heard. I smiled at Marcellus and took out my phone, the contact said it was the Boarding House. I answered it.

Evangeline: Damon, it’s good to hear from you.

Elena: Not Damon.

Evangeline: Katherine? What are you doing at the Boarding House? There’s no way you could have made that trip in the 15 minutes since we last spoke.

Elena: It’s Elena.

Evangeline: Stefan’s girlfriend, it’s good to finally speak with you. Why do you sound like Katherine?

Elena: You don’t remember? Klaus, doppelganger, moonstone, curse, Mystic Falls?

The phone dropped out of my hand as both hands went to my head. it felt like it was going to explode and i cried out in pain as my vision began getting hazy.

______________________________________________________________________

Dun Dun Dun! I wonder what is going to happen next.. Kidding! I already know, maybe you do to. Well I hope you enjoyed this chapter, I’ll see you guys again soon!

~Mikaela Kelewae

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

508K 7.9K 52
"You don't scare me, Nik." she said. "I never wanted to scare you, love." he responds. Meet Natalia Petrova. The notorious Katherine Pierce's little...
138K 4K 24
13 year old Melody Grace has lived in an orphanage her whole life, until she gets adopted by her idols.
963K 17.6K 42
Over a century has passed since Liliana has seen her brothers. So when she finally decides to visit, it brings a shock to everyone. But Lily didn't j...
115K 2.1K 23
Based on Fate: The Winx Saga from Netflix Juniper Frost is an Ice Fairy. Alongside her brother, she attends her first year at the Alfea School of F...