Tiger's Eye - Book 1

By ShellMarie35

Rolla Carter's life comes crashing down and she goes on a journey of self-discovery to find her real family a... More

Tiger's Eye
Part I: Hidden - Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14: Anniversary Date
Chapter 15: The Gods Come Back
Chapter 16: Meeting Two Families
Chapter 17: Samoulte
Chapter 18: Weird Advantage
Chapter 19: Samoulte Powers
Chapter 20: Almost Death
Chapter 21: Do Not Disrespect the Gods
Chapter 22: Familial Betrayal
Chapter 23: Chosen Ones Are Here to Stay
Chapter 24: Secret Against the World
Chapter 25: Not the Evil Kind of Spy
Chapter 26: Time Traveling Together
Chapter 27: The Truth Gets Complicated
Chapter 28: Godly Call Outside the World
Chapter 29: City Walk Findings
Chapter 30: Original Tigma Powers
Chapter 31: Time to Start Preparing
Chapter 32: Don't Wanna Say Goodbye
Chapter 33: Gods Samoulte Connection
Chapter 34: Spy Reunion
Chapter 35: Something has Started
Chapter 36: Forgetting for A While
Chapter 37: 18 Years Young
Chapter 38: War Time Planning
Chapter 40: The Middle of the End
Chapter 41: The End of the Middle of the End
Chapter 42: Day 3 Morning
Chapter 43: Day 3 Afternoon
Chapter 44: Day 3 Night
Chapter 45: Day 4
Chapter 46: Day 5 - Battle
Chapter 47: Battle with the Humans
Chapter 48: Time to Tell Murera
Chapter 49: Thank You Rolla
Chapter 50: Epilogue
Cheat Guides to the Tiger's Eye Series

Chapter 39: Caprika and Odyss Say Goodbye

72 5 0
By ShellMarie35

Chapter 39: Caprika and Odyss Say Goodbye

                        I opened my eyes with a jolt. I was surrounded by white with Caprika and Odyss right in front of me. I must be sleeping. I knew they would come to talk to me some time before we leave to fight for the war. This must mean it is goodbye. I don’t think they will come to talk to me anymore through my dreams. After the war they will have no reason to.

“You are quite right my dear Rolla,” Caprika said, “but that does not mean it is goodbye. After all, we are always looking over for all of you. No matter what happens during the war we will always be looking out for you; therefor it is never goodbye.”

I smiled, “You two are really good Gods, you know that? I’m really happy I’m a Tigma.”

“We know you are Rolla. We just have a few more things to say to you before the war,” Odyss told me.

“Okay. What is it?”

“Seth is very right about all his calculations,” Caprika said, “And tell him to use his powers very wisely for something could go very wrong in a split second.”

I nodded, “I will tell him.”

“There’s only one more thing,” Odyss said, “and I don’t know how you are going to take it.”

“What is it?” I asked alarmed.

Caprika held her hand up, “I know you are panicked Rolla, but you must be very rational when we tell you this. Seth is very precise with his calculations and plans, but he’s only saving a certain number of people.”

“What are you saying?” Seconds after I asked I realized what she was trying to say and I shook my head, “No… no, no you’re not telling me this. I can’t hear it.”

“Rolla, you have to be prepared for the vast amount of deaths that are going to come of this. We told you to become family and you did, but now it’s time to say goodbye to that family.”

Tears rolled down my cheeks, “I don’t want to say goodbye to them; I can’t. I know there was a chance that I lose them, but I can’t lose everyone else.”

“Rolla,”Odyss stopped my thinking, “You’re not facing the real problem here.”

“Then what is the real problem?” I asked.

“These people will be dying around you,” Caprika said, “and you can’t lose your concentration. You have to keep fighting no matter what else you are watching happen around you.”

“So if I see one of my best friends die I can’t go help them?”

“No,” Odyss answered, “You can’t.”

“This will be a difficult task for you,” Caprika said, “because I know how much you care about everyone, but it’s up to you to stay concentrated on the task at hand. You can honor every Tigma once the war is over, but when the fighting is going on you can only worry about the fighting at hand. Got it?”

I slowly nodded, “Do I have a choice?”

Odyss shook his head.

“What will happen if I don’t?”

“A lot more people will die,” He replied.

“Fine,” I said, “Then I’ll do it.”

“We’ve given you enough time to process everything,” Caprika said, “But we are still very sorry. We just want you to have everything you need to win this war.”

“I know you do; it’s what you do. You’re the Gods. You look over every one of us Tigmas.”

“We do,” Caprika smiled.

“Can I wake up now?”

“Don’t be scared,” Odyss said.

“How can I not be?! I can’t just process losing almost everyone I care about!”

“Concentrate on the task at hand,” Caprika said.

Concentrate on the task at hand… concentrate on the task at hand…

                        I shot up in my bed with sweat rolling down my face. This isn’t happening. I slipped out of bed carefully without waking Pilote and went into our bathroom. I grabbed a towel from the shelf and left our room. I walked quietly to the kitchen and got myself a glass of water. I took a sip of the water and used the towel to wipe the sweat off my face and chest. I set the towel in the sink when I finished and took another sip of the water. I heard a few footsteps and turned to see Pilote walking down in the room.

“I tried not to wake you,” I mumbled, tired.

“I know, but when I woke up I saw the pillow soaking wet. Are you okay?”

I nodded, “It was just a dream.”

“Caprika and Odyss?”

I nodded, “But it was different this time.”

He walked across the room and put his arms on my waist while I held the glass of water to my chest, “What did they say?”

“So many people are going to die Pilote.”

“That’s the risk we have to take when going to war Rolla. You have to know that.”

“I do. I do, but they’re our family. They’re our best friends. We have to fight in a war and ignore the fact that they will be dying right next to us.”

                        Pilote took the glass of water from me and set it on the counter. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he hugged me tightly. I sobbed quietly and didn’t want to let go of him.

“Think about what they would want. You’re right; they are our best friends, but they are also Tigmas and they want to win this war just as much as we do. They will understand doing whatever it takes to win the war. We can honor all of them when we get back from winning.”

“Everything they said just… I kept imagining all this stuff happening and I –“

“Shh,” he quieted me, “Don’t think about it now. Let’s just go back to bed and relax.”

“I don’t want to sleep,” I yawned.

He chuckled and rested his hand on my back, “Come on, I’ll help you sleep.”

“MmKay.”

                        He guided me back to our bedroom and I laid on our bed. Pilote put the covers over me and kissed my head. He walked around the bed and laid down next to me. I curled up next to him and he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

“Go to sleep, Ro.”

“I don’t want to.”

“It’s okay.”

“No it’s not. We only have a few days until –“

“Stop thinking about it for tonight; it’s late and you’re tired.”

“Pilote –“

“Rolla, don’t. Please.”

“I’m sorry.”

“I know you’re worried, but it’s only bad for you to over think everything now. It’s the middle of the night; you need to sleep. You can tell me every detail in the morning, okay?”

“Okay,” I sighed, “in the morning.”

He kissed my forehead, “Goodnight Rolla.”

“Goodnight,” I mumbled.

“It’s going to be okay. I love you.”

“I love you too,” I told him.

                        I heard the alarm Pilote set going off at 7:50 the next morning. I opened my eyes and sat up. In ten minutes Nikki is going to be leaving to find the Silthra. This is the beginning of everything.

“How are you feeling?” Pilote sat up.

I shrugged, “Okay; nervous. How are you?”

“I’m okay,” he ran his hand down my back.

“We should get ready,” I told him, “I have to talk to Nikki before she leaves.”

“Okay,” he stretched, “Let’s go.”

                        We quickly got dressed and went to the main meeting room upstairs where Nikki and Seth were already waiting. Seth handed me a few papers to look over before he gave them to Nikki.

“Everything looks in order,” I told him, “Good job Seth. Do you remember the plan Nikki?”

She nodded, “I will have three whole days to convince the Silthra that Jasmine is lying and you are still using school as your main route. I was already with them once so I can get them to believe me again. On the fourth day I or one of the Silthra will spot the bus and I’ll convince them to send all their troops to attack. It’s probably best that I say all your troops are on one bus so you’ll get the most damage out of it. After the bus has exploded I will pull out my weapons and fight with the rest of you, who will already be at the site. Did I get most of it?”

I nodded, “Just remember to sneak Jasmine some weapons, but only after the bomb has gone off. If you give them to her sooner she will catch onto our plan. Remember, Jasmine still betrayed us and doesn’t want the fight to happen so we can’t have her tattle tailing on us too soon. She can’t die either so she’ll need those weapons at that time.”

Nikki nodded, “You got it.”

“Are you sure you’re ready for this?” I asked her one last time.

“I am,” she nodded, “I’ll handle this for you.”

“Thank you,” I told her.

She smiled, “You’re welcome, leader.”

“Here are your weapons,” Seth handed her a bag, “Some can be easily taped to your legs or your arms and all of them are easily hidden. Never take them off and request to sleep alone so nobody can find any of them. The only time you can take them off is when it’s time to give Jasmine her weapons. Your body suit under your clothes has weapons hidden inside; those are your weapons. The weapons connected anywhere else like your legs and arms are Jasmine’s weapons.”

“Okay,” she said, “I got it.”

“Okay,” Seth said, “Go out through that bookshelf, through the next door, up the stairs, and out of the neighborhood as fast as you possibly can. We can risk anybody seeing you. If you have to slow down wait until you’re in the city or past it. You can run if it’s faster, but the longer you take to get there the longer time you have with the Silthra.”

“I’ll run straight there, don’t worry.”

“Then good luck,” he told her, “and we’ll see you in four days.”

She nodded to me one more time, “See you in four days.”

“Good luck,” I told her.

                        Nikki was out of sight after I wished her luck. This is the beginning of the end; the end of this chapter and close to the beginning of the next chapter. Nikki can do this; she is strong and she is meant for this. We all are meant for this.

“That’s it,” Seth said, “That’s the start of it.”

I sighed, “Is everything ready for day three?”

Seth nodded, “Come here I’ll show you.”

                        We walked into the next room where he had envelopes scattered on the table. Each envelope had a group name on it for each set of people that are going to be leaving. Seth explained that my only job is to hand out the envelope and explain to them how the weapons work. He has a set of instructions on top of each envelope that says exactly what I have to explain to each group that leaves.

“This is very organized, thank you Seth.”

“What do we do for the rest of the day?” he asked.

“Take the day off,” I told him, “The military is already notified and ready to leave and you have everything else organized. Now all we have to do is wait; spend the day with your family.”

He hugged me, “Thanks Rolla.”

“You’re welcome,” I smiled, “I’ll be doing the same thing after I check in with a few things.”

“Okay,” he smiled at me one more time before going downstairs to his room and probably out the balcony to his family after.

“Are you ready?” Pilote asked me.

I nodded, “I think so.”

THE END CHAPTER 39!

Anyone reading?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42 0 13
Willow has always wondered what hid behind those trees on the edge of town. Did it have something to do with her missing mother? Taking the brave ste...
28 0 28
Jessica Hunter's world gets turned upside down when she discovers that the things being told in nightmares are actual real and now she must decide if...
5 0 4
As Unities' Journey continues she begins to forget everything about her past. She's able to move forward and distract herself from the memories that...
32 0 2
When shy, quiet Lily leaves her over-protective parents and sets off to University with her best friend, Ed, she has no idea of the fantastic, magica...