The Bet (Lauren/Reader)

By AnemoneLovesFiction

This story is completed. But is being reviewed (by myself) for grammar. 🚨Warnings🚨 -G!P Lauren -Sex (what... More

1~ The Bet*
2~ Notes.
3~ My Name In Your Phone
4~ What About My Prize?
5~ Let's Keep This PG!
6~ Whats Happening Tonight?
7~ Dinner
8~ Anonymous?
9~ Not So Anonymous
10~ Recessive Trait
11~ Date Night
12~ A Proper Apology
13~ Girlfriend
14~ 'Stomach Ache'
15~ It's A Bet?
16~ A Ding Dong?
17~ Anger/ Group Chat
18~ Ferris Wheel
19~ Gary vs Patrick
20~ Did You Tell Her Yet?
21~ First Time
22~ Lazer Tag
23~ Thanksgiving
24~ Telling Y/N
25~ Explaining
26~ Christmas Eve
27~ The Talk
28~ Game Plan
29~ Immediate Makeup Sex
30~ Recording
31~ Ocean, Cabin, Car
32~P-P-Promposal
33~ Prom Note
34~ Folder 1, Complete
35~ It's About You
36~ Nausea, Folder 2 ✅
37~ Sexual Sensitivity
38~ Graduation
39~ First Time Since...
41~Art School
42~ Meeting With Hofstra
43~ Bad news
44~Delivery
45~ Will You?
46~ It's A Bet
New Book?
Hello again?
Guys...

40~ Meeting with Vives

976 18 12
By AnemoneLovesFiction

Y/n had dreaded the conversation leading to her baked goods having to come over to the Vives foundation dinner. She completely forgot about it (i almost did too you guys). She knew that Lauren would be there. But thank goodness it was still some time away.

"Hey, are you busy?" Camila asked as she stepped inside of the living room, songbook in hand, hair up in a bun.

"No, but I'm busy thinking." Y/n raised a brow to see her friend make her way around the couch to sit next to her friend.

"How are you holding up?" Camila asked. She was slowly starting to work the conversation toward her friend. She wanted her to heal.

"Not yet." She spoke softly and Camila nodded.

"Can I show you something?" Camila changed the topic and watched as her friends almost watered eyes look at her brown ones and nod.

Camila smiled and headed toward the piano in the middle of the living room and pat the bench beside her so Y/n could sit next to her.

"Remember when I said I was working on college applications?" Camila asked softly, looking down, and then back up.

"You didn't submit them. Did you?" Y/n asked and Camila confirmed.

"Show me." Was all Y/n said as Camila set her song book on the other side of the bench and began playing the beginnings of one of the songs.

"It's called Never Be The Same." She softly spoke and began singing.

(i'm not one of those authors that insert song lyrics so y'all is saved lol)

As soon as she started singing the chorus, she grew confident by the second and let her muscles loose. Kind of like this was natural, she started singing the high notes that sounded close to Angels whispering in the living room.

By the End of the song Camila and Y/n had shifted through the bench and ended up looking into each others eyes.

"I'll never ever, ever, be the same-" Camila ended, staring at her friend, as if everything had finally fit together and made sense.

Jasper had heard the music coming from the living room and made her way toward the stairs and leaned on the railing. The song was phenomenal and before she could say anything, she saw Camila and her sister close their eyes, and connect their lips. She resisted a gasp but kept staring.

Their kiss turned into a make-out session, Camila then stopped and began breathing heavy.

"I-I'm sorry- I don't know what came over me-" Camila was left confused.

"Don't." Y/n stated.

"But-" Camila started and Y/n kissed her again. She sighed and closed her eyes wrapping her arms around her best friends waist, which had grown significantly over the past two and a half week.
______

"And today will mark your third complete month of pregnancy, on June 27th." The sonography technician spoke while  taking some final measurements and turning off the sound of the baby's heart beat.

"I understand that the time isn't definite but when will my sisters due date be?" Jasper asked sweetly.

"You, Missy, are always one step ahead of me. The due date is surprisingly on Christmas day." The technician responded while printing off the paper and sending the measurements off for their documentations.

"Here is this for your third month and I sent a message to the front desk for your next appointment, Take care!" She spoke while heading out.

"Well that went smoothly." Y/n spoke while trying to forget how special December was for her.

"Come on, we have to tell Camz how this lil ho inside of you is growing nicely!" Jasper spoke, hype as hell.

"Did you just- my child is not a ho," Y/n made her noticeable bump bounce as she laughed

"I am, and your child and I are related so-" Jasper raised a brow while shrugging her shoulder.

"Ho isn't passed by genetics Jas," Y/n chuckles at her sister followed her out the door and the two made their way toward the front desk to set up their appointment for the next two weeks.

As soon as they made their appointment and headed out, Y/n's phone started ringing. She picked it up regardless of no name attached to the number.

"Hello?" Y/n speaks, unsure of what else to say.

"I'm probably the person you'd want nothing to do with right now and I would like to apologize- I- I understand through the phone is the worst way but please don't hang up!" Lucy's voice rang from the other side of the phone and Y/n's grip on her own phone tightened.

"You've got two minutes." She spoke flatly. She understood that if it weren't for Lucy she wouldn't feel as humiliated to go out in public, but if it weren't for Lucy, Y/n would have still been living a lie with someone who didn't really love her.

"First off I do want to apologize in person since I know it's the least I could do but we also really have to talk about the fundraiser coming up in July First." Lucy rambled and Y/n managed to hear what Lucy had run through quite clearly.

"Apologizing will take place wherever you'd like nothing will cost too much for the apology to be worth my entire being, I swear I will try my hardest to make it up to you, but we have to discuss the fundraiser tonight, but don't worry Lauren won't be there I swear just you, my parents, and myself. We're perfectly fine with you bringing whoever you need as a support system. But Ally will also be there-" Lucy spoke which made Y/n gasp.

"Don't worry she just needs to talk to you- I assure you nothing about... her." Lucy spoke nervously as she could tell that her time had been up around ten seconds ago.

"What time?" Y/n asked.

"Eight." Lucy spoke without skipping a beat.

"Eight." Y/n agreed and hung up the phone.
______

"Fuck-" Lauren groans, as she drops the eight different pamphlets she'd long since created on her way toward the dining table.

"Hello Lauren, welcome." Mr. Vives formally speaks as Lauren nods and sits in her designated chair.

"Lets see what out favorite artist made for us today."

Lauren takes all eight hand drawn pamphlets with information splattered in on different angles. She had made them a little after thanksgiving as the ideas had flooded her mind, she would have made more if she didn't get busy on christmas, to this day that was the most important day of her life, but she threw all of her chances away.

"These are gorgeous," Mr. Vives spoke.

He'd known what had occurred during the graduation since this town was sort of small. Sure his daughter had switched school's but that didn't atop him from receiving a call from Lucy's old school explaining the trouble her daughter had caused. He'd tried to not pick a side but knew what Lauren had done was utterly unforgivable.

"Thanks." Lauren muttered quietly and waited for him to critique, pick his favorite, or even take recommendations on making it appeal better to the audience; but he stayed quiet and slowly stared at the one in the middle.

"I'll do this one."
______

"I'm expecting at the least 2,500 people, but there could be more. I'm not expecting you to make a lot of flan to serve everyone, but at the very least I would need 150-200 made for the event. If it helps we can let you make them in the actual kitchen, but I do know its a short notice-" Mr. Vives spoke.

"Thats fine. As long as my sister and best friend can help make them with me." Y/n answered.

"Of course. I just didn't know you were expecting, I wouldn't have asked you to do it if I knew-" Mr. Vives began.

"Mr. Vives, please. No one knew until just recently. Its okay. As for this meeting- It's fine too- I know you're a busy man." Y/n spoke while the two reached an agreement.
______

As they finished their meeting- or whatever you'd want to call it really, Lucy had appeared on her fathers command and apologized in person with Ally standing behind her, head down, her guilt causing her to not want to look up.

"I understand that I could have done it in a better way, but my actions don't have excuses and I'm really sorry for how things turned out." Lucy finished and her apology was sincere as fuck.

"I- I don't know-" Y/n rubbed her own shoulders unconsciously. She felt uncomfortable because she felt torn.

"Ally and I will be here to help you, we understand you may never forgive us. But we're still helping you in that kitchen." Lucy stated.

"Why is Ally-"

"I was the background person who assisted in everything. I was there to right Lauren's wrong but if it weren't for me opening my big mouth nobody would be in this situation. I have just as much blame as anyone else." Ally spoke, holding back her own tears, she understood whatever punishment she would receive from Y/n.

"Did Dinah and Normani know?" Y/n asked although she knew the answer.

"Dinah was the one who initially started the bet." Ally spoke while rubbing her own arm in embarrassment.

"As long as we all forget to talk about this mess we'll get along just fine." Y/n spoke, trying to break the awkward silence that would have followed.

"Deal." Ally and Lucy spoke at the same time.

"Lets get baking with these 300 flans." Y/n spoke.

"But my dad only said-"

"And I say 300. I want everyone to enjoy a fat ass piece. Divided by the five ovens, each fitting three at a time gives us twenty four hours and there're five days left until the event meaning we start the day after tomorrow for 12 straight baking hours-" Y/n started speaking to herself by the end of it while Ally and Lucy stood there slightly confused.

"Okay what?" Lucy asks

"I'll tell you the deets later but we have to start on June 29 in order for all of these to be evenly chilled and delicious in time for the event." Y/n smiled understanding her own math.
______

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 857 14
I hope you all enjoy this weird spin on Taejin. I'm sure someone has probably done a concept like it before, but I did love writing it.
315K 7K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
2.9K 61 16
Life has never been the same for 14 year old Leah, ever since her parents were killed in a car crash when she was 6 years old. Can two doctors help a...
20K 879 13
You're trying to convince yourself that it'll be fine again if you act like it while she pretends that nothing is happening. Both of you think that i...