Resetting Our Love

By yourstrulytrina

"You know the good old days when we were joined at the hip? How about we just reset everything?" Jasper and S... More

Resetting Our Love
Chapter One: English
Chapter Two: Alright
Chapter Three: Burger Joint
Chapter Four: Drinking Fountain
Chapter Five: Stubborn
Chapter Six: Pathetic
Chapter Seven: Playground
Chapter Eight: Smile
Chapter Nine: Secret's Out
Chapter Eleven: Script
Chapter Twelve: Stupid
Chapter Thirteen: Blue and Silver Balloons
Chapter Fourteen: Wall Of Shame
Chapter Fifteen: Life Of The Party
Chapter Sixteen: Hello To You Too
Chapter Seventeen: Smooth Jaguar (Jasper's POV)
Chapter Eighteen: Mistletoe
Chapter Nineteen: New Year's Fireworks
Chapter Twenty: The Reset Button
Chapter Twenty-One: Moments
Chapter Twenty-Two: Mini Pile
Chapter Twenty-Three: We're Not Romeo and Juliet
Chapter Twenty-Four: Pompom Waving Love Child
Chapter Twenty-Five: Cereal Salvation
Chapter Twenty-Six: Ice Cream or Pizza
Chapter Twenty-Seven: Bungee Jumping Promposal
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Spilled Coke
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Every Small Moment
Chapter Thirty: Makes Us Feel Alive
Chapter Thirty-One: Four Years
Chapter Thirty-Two: See You Soon
Epilogue: Thanksgiving
Bonus Chapter: His And Her

Chapter Ten: Puppy Dog Pout

234K 7.3K 2.8K
By yourstrulytrina

The school quickly noticed that the two captains of the basketball team weren’t talking to each other. What’s worse, they’re occupying different tables at the opposite side of the cafeteria.

Kyla only observed from the door as half of the student population was staring at Jasper, while the other half was staring at Tristan. None of them dared to go near them, valuing their lives as they eyed the two guys from a safe distance.

Silence.

Jasper and Tristan were always side by side, they acted more like brothers than anything. Now, it looks like they don't even know each other.

“You go to Tristan, I get Jasper,” I whispered to Kyla, switching my gaze from the two boys.

She nodded before she said, “Good luck.”

We gave each other an encouraging look as we split apart to each of the boys. I pulled the chair in front of Jasper and I sat down on it, staring at him.

His eyes were blank, staring at the sandwich on his tray as if he never even noticed me.

Clearing my throat rather loudly, still no reaction. Reaching out, I slapped his shoulder and he jumped up in surprise.

He blinked before his eyes focused on me. He smiled, one that didn’t reach his eyes as he turned to greet me, “Hey Savannah.”

Frowning, I told him to drop the act, “I was your best friend, Jasper, for so many years, I know you’re not happy.”

His lips pressed into a tight line, pushing the tray of his lunch away from him. Sighing, he sunk down on his seat, tapping the table with frustration.

“Did you guys intentionally made me look like an idiot?” he asked, staring into my eyes.

Frowning, I shook my head to deny any such thing, “Tristan wanted to keep it from you, we just went along with it.”

Slamming his fist on the table, he grumbled under his breath, “And you never once thought to say anything from me, I thought we were friends again, Savannah!”

“We are,” I stated, standing up and looking down at him, “Tristan is my friend too, he had his reasons and I was in no place to meddle.”

He pushed himself up from his seat, yelling at me with such anger in his tone, “So now he’s your best friend while I’m just pushed to the side all these years?!”

I froze, biting my lips as I just stared at him, shaking my head. I know that I hurt him with the fact that I ignored him, but I thought we pushed that all behind us now. He’s just reminding me how terrible I was, just how big my mistake.

“For three years you ignored me, and then I find out you were buddies with my best friend. You know, Savannah, you’re the worst friend I can have.”

He was the one who told me to let it all go, and I did, but right now, he’s just reminding us about this big barrier in between us.

Trying to blink the tears that were threatening to spill, I slowly backed away from him. So all these time, this is what he really felt about me?

This is what I was afraid of, Jasper has too big of an effect on me.

His eyes softened as he reached out to hold me, “Savannah,” he muttered comfortingly, “I’m sorry.”

“It’s not her fault!” somebody yelled and we snapped our gaze to the other side of the cafeteria.

Tristan stood up from his spot, looking directly at the two of us. The cafeteria was just watching the exchange between these fighting best friends, thinking it was some television show or something.

Jasper glared at Tristan, stomping right out of the room. I just stared at him, not finding the strength to go after his retreating figure.

Kyla and Tristan quickly ran from their spot from the other side of the cafeteria. Kyla quickly engulfed me in a hug, “He didn’t mean it.”

“He’s just angry,” Tristan tried to soothe, rubbing comforting circles on my back.

“He doesn’t want me as a friend,” I let out, but my voice cracked the minute I spoke.

Great, now the whole school is watching me cry because of Jasper. This is one of the reasons why I broke our friendship, he was my ultimate weakness.

Kyla practically became my body guard, glaring at every possible human being that came close to our proximity. The student body was quite shocked, the vice president that was usually full of rainbows and the person that kept me from killing them, was actually the one who was emitting such a dark aura.

Let’s just say that I’m lucky to have her as my best friend.

One thing though, she wasn’t there to protect me against Jasper during English period.

The classroom was filled with tension as Jasper and I sat next to each other. His eyes were pleading me, apologizing with a language with spoke through our looks. Right now, I’m doing my best to avoid his gaze.

Even Ms. Hughes noticed how bad the situation was. She gave out the period for practice, with a quick reminder that we were to present our scene tomorrow.

How can I do it with Jasper?

The minute Ms. Hughes announced that our time was free, Jasper jumped out of his seat and kneeled in front of my desk.

“Savannah,” he whispered softly, his eyes looking so lost on what to do, “I’m really sorry.”

How funny is this scene? His big figure kneeling in front of me, pleading for forgiveness.

Reaching out for my hands, he gripped them in his as he stared at me like a lost puppy. Now, I would be completely heartless if I don’t melt with that look.

Darn you, Jasper Dean, do you have any idea what’s your effect on me?

“Forgive me?”

Right then and there, I melted into a puddle.

Nodding slowly, a smile broke into his face as he stood up, rounding my desk as he sat on it when he was finally in front of me, “You’re the best.”

“Did you mean any of it?”

“Never,” he told me, nothing but sincerity in his tone.

Now I just need to find out a way to patch things up with him and Tristan. It must be a pretty big deal for Tristan to keep it a secret, and a bigger of a deal to cause this big of a riff on their friendship.

Apparently, it’s something that has been going on for years, that’s what I picked up from their conversation last Saturday. Also, somebody acted like he or she didn’t want something to happen.

This is so confusing!

“What are you thinking about now?” he asked, flicking my forehead to gain my attention.

I shook my head and sighed, I just hope Kyla is doing much better progress than I am with Tristan’s side.

So when school ended, the two of us drove to my house and the both of us were perched up on my bed to summarize whatever we found out today.

For me, I found nothing.

Kyla on the other hand, fished out something interesting, “Tristan claimed that Jasper had no problem with his career choice, he’s just bothered by the place.”

“One-Eighty?” I questioned, leaning against my headboard.

She nodded, tapping her chain to formulate a conclusion, “Nothing seems to be wrong with the café, any thoughts about it?”

Shaking my head, I hugged a pillow to my chest, thinking, “He doesn’t appear to have a problem about it. We used to spend time there even when we were best friends back then.”

Even if we cut off our friendship, I could still spot Jasper visit the café a little now and then. It was surely seldom, but it still happened. Those were the times I avoided being assigned to his table, but he looked completely normal during those times.

My dear Jasper and Tristan, what are you two hiding from us?

“Why don’t you talk to him?” Kyla suggested, motioning to my closed window, “Maybe get more clues?”

“The last time I tried to get something out of him, he practically yelled to my face that he hated being my friend,” I scoffed, “I don’t think I want to repeat that.”

Rolling her eyes, she pulled me up to my feet and pushed me to the front of the window.

“If you really want to ask him, why don’t you do it?” I inquired, pushing the curtains open. Jasper's window was opened and you can see him tapping mindlessly on his notebook as a pair of headphones was pressed up on his ears.

“Because he always listens to you,” she pointed out, slowly retreating to my door, “I’ll be back once you’re finished talking.”

Staring at him, I let out another sigh. Now how do I get his attention?

Grabbing a comb, I aimed before throwing it through his open window. By the end of the year, my bedroom will be empty because I practically threw everything at him.

The comb didn’t land anywhere near him, but it did hit the glass on his dresser, which consequently shattered. He flinched at the sound, and stared at the thing.

Okay, I owe him a new one.

Taking off his headphones, he examined the thing before he raised his gaze to me. I waved awkwardly, praying he wasn’t mad.

To my surprise, he grinned, stepping around the shattered glass on the floor of his room and went near to his window, “Hey.”

“Sorry,” I mumbled, lifting a finger to point on the glass, “I’ll buy you a new one.”

“Don’t worry about it,” he shrugged, leaning against the windowsill, “So what does the amazing Savannah Everett need from me?”

“Why are you and Tristan fighting?” I suddenly managed to say. Like a band aid, I just fired the question right at him.

Just like that, the playful look he had on slipped away. His face pressed into a tight frown, the cheeriness in his eyes disappeared and turned into an unexplainable look.

Now I’m curious.

“Savannah,” he drawled out my name, giving me a silent warning, “Don’t trouble yourself with this.”

Other than the fact it was controversial that the two best friends are fighting, it was clear as day that Jasper was as depressed about this as Tristan. This affected him to at a high degree, it was pretty obvious. I won’t be able to settle down unless I can see that joyous smile of his.

“Please,” I pouted, widening my eyes to make it look like a puppy begging for food. I clasped my hands together and placed them in front of my chest, giving him my best pleading look.

He stilled for a moment, biting his lip as he stared at me.

Nothing can beat the puppy dog pout.

“Stop being so cute!” he blurted out, closing his curtain leaving me there.

Tilting my head to the side, I stared at his blue curtains. Well, that was a different result than what I was bargaining for.

---------------------------

I watched TFIOS yesterday and I'm still freaking out over it. I was practically wiping my eyes every scene, there was even a girl who was sobbing so loudly in the theatre. My friend and I looked so red from crying after the movie.

Now let's fangirl over the fact that Jasper just called Savannah cute.

Question: How will Jasper and Tristan reconcile?

Love you guys, don't forget to follow, vote and comment. See you all next chapter!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71K 1.6K 30
Tristain and Lila are cousins with a large age difference. They've known each other their whole lives, and have developed a "close" relationship. But...
26.9K 531 37
Two childhood friends had the most close relationship with each other but they got sepparated with each other at the age of 13. When they met in 2nd...
563 35 16
After 1.5 years of their break up, Aarushi and Aryan find themselves in front of each other, again, at a place where neither of them dreamt to be in...
414K 10.9K 22
In first grade, Sydney Tate was all Carter could think about. As the years came and went, popularity claimed Carter and Sydney became invisible. Sen...