Deal • REWRITE • BOOK 1

By btwitssurina

• REWRITE OF OLD VERSION • If you were told to protect the daughter of Salvatore Moretti, would you do it? ... More

Before You Begin;
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER
1; Wicked Games
2; Dusk till Dawn
3; Smoke and Mirrors
4; She Loves Control
5; All I Know
6; Play No Games
7; Heaven in Hiding
8; Don't Think About It
10; In the Dark
11; Fill Me In
12; King of the Fall
13; On My Mind
14; One of Those Nights
15; Devil in Me
16; In My Blood
17; Walking The Wire
18; Good for You
19; Save My Soul
20; Never Be the Same
21; Now or Never
22; Say It Right
23; Not Used to It
24; Whatever It Takes *
25; Flight of the Stars
26; Take It out on Me
27; For the Love of a Daughter

9; Just like Fire

7.8K 299 946
By btwitssurina

"If you want to fück, all you have to do is ask...you know that right?"

L U C I E N

Oddly, over the years that I got older it seemed that sleeping wasn't something that I enjoyed.

My body had accustomed itself to being able to work on a mere four hours of rest, however as I laid with my face mushed to my pillow and heard a quiet meow whilst still in bed, I wanted nothing more than the bed to swallow me whole so I could sleep despite doing so for nearly six hours.

It was now nine, my eyes opening wide enough to land on the small mess of white fur and blue eyes staring at me from the floor as I glared.

I had nothing against cats, or animals in general, but the overly innocent look Tofu gave me before meowing again had me wanting to throw him out the window and-

"Tofu?"

I breathed in deeply at the sound of Aria's confused voice from the corridor, the tone something I hadn't heard before as I sat up and let the sheets pool against my shirtless stomach.

I didn't help her find her kitten who had somehow made his way into my room, the hushed pitter patter of steps making me look back down until I watched Tofu paw at the edge of the bed and meow up at me again.

"You've got to be kidding me, right?" I said to myself, tilting my neck and hearing my bones crack from the tension in my body courtesy of last night's events at Dean's party.

It was safe to say that I was strung tight in more ways than one.

My body felt tense and lazy, something that I fücking hated as I ignored Tofu and got out of bed, careful to not accidentally squash him under the weight of my foot as I grabbed my phone and made my way to the bathroom.

I sighed to myself as I shut the door behind me, my eyes settling on the reflection of myself as I rubbed my hands over my face and cursed Aria to hell and back when I thought about what had happened last night.

It seemed that she'd gotten under my skin in ways that I never wanted.

Now don't get me wrong, I wanted her. I wanted her in my bed, underneath me and taking all that I had to give but the consequences of said thoughts would be catastrophic taking into account how I'd reacted yesterday.

My focus had been rendered useless the instant that she'd kissed me, something that was beyond comprehendible in my mind as I thought about how easily it would've been Ryder to shoot the both of us.

The thought had been overturning in my mind during the time Aria and I had joined the rest of the party downstairs, along with the questions that I had for both herself and her fücked up ex which only had my mood for séx deteriorating into nothing but frustration again.

I wanted to strangle Ryder and watch him turn blue under my hands but it seemed that along with my focus being blurred, my need for blood has also vanished because Aria had taken that into her own hands and shot the bastard in the thigh.

I cursed at her again, feeling on edge from her fücking with my head as I ignored the sudden picture of my hands around her throat whilst her legs were around my waist-

"Oh, ma che cazzo," I muttered to myself whilst tensing, my hands white knuckling the edge of the counter as I glared at my díck and the way it reacted to said images.

It was the center of my torment along with the woman who coaxed me into the mess, a sudden flood of images that I wanted but knew I couldn't have circling my mind until I was contemplating things I shouldn't have.

It was bad enough that one simple kiss had me effectively strapping a red bullseye across my back and letting my guard down in front of the enemy, a scowl on my face as sudden irritableness hit me like a wave when I thought more about it and imagined the look on Ryder's face if he'd taken a clean shot and killed the both of us.

If Aria and I kissing did that then there was no fücking way we were going to sleep with each other.

No matter how much my díck or I wanted it, it wasn't happening.

I let it repeat in my head as I proceeded to have a cold shower, the temperature seeming to do nothing to my hard on when I tried to picture something excessively disgusting until I went back to remembering why I was distracting myself in the first place.

Stupid fücking woman distracting me with her dámn body.

I swallowed when I found myself doing things before I could even think, a sheer act of desperation resulting in my release following minutes later when I pictured Aria on her knees and in front of me, mouth open and willing to take everything I had.

I groaned lightly as I rubbed the rest of my climax out, my body less tense than before as I stayed in silence for thirty seconds, cleaned myself up and then became subjected to second hand embarrassment and sudden anger.

Since when the fück did I have to rub one out in my bathroom like a seventeen year old pubescent teenager?

Was Aria feeling like this too? Did she fück herself to the thought of me doing things to-

"Don't think about it," I swallowed harshly as I spoke to myself, gritting my teeth and blanking my mind from the picture I had of Aria touching herself.

It was useless when I lingered on the thought too much, the sudden visual of her in her bed two days ago and on her stomach making me groan.

Was she thinking of me then? Using her fingers to please herself and coax a climax?

I swallowed harshly once again when I became pissed at the thought of my questions having negative answers, an instantaneous plan forming in my head as I flexed my fingers and wrapped a towel around my waist, thinking of what I could do to Aria to have her feeling the way that I did.

If I was going to act out and do crazy things over a dámned kiss then so was she.

I approved the plan in my head as I opened the bathroom door, my feet stepping until I cursed at Tofu when I nearly stepped on him.

He was calmly sitting in front of my bathroom threshold, now on his feet and turning to me as I looked back at him and watched as he stepped to my feet and went to rub his head against my ankles.

"Oh hell no," I spoke out loud, leaning down and picking him up as I held him at arm's length and walked towards my room door. In a matter of seconds I was out of my room in just a towel and walking directly opposite to Aria's room, my mouth not bothering to open to warn her that I was coming in before I found myself opening the door harshly and hearing it slam loudly against the wall.

She didn't flinch as she applied her lipstick, the red brick colour not a line out of place as she stared at me and then rubbed her lips together whilst standing in the middle of her room.

"Take your cat and keep him out of my dámn room," I said to her, watching her hum casually as she paid no attention to my face but instead at my body.

My hair was still damp from my shower as I let Tofu out of my grip and placed him on Aria's bed, my attention now on her as the thought of wanting to strangle her popped up into my head again when I saw what she was wearing.

Standing in just a black silk robe that stopped high on her thighs she smiled, seemingly unaffected from yesterday which had me humming sharply as she put down the mirror she had in her hand and pulled out the clip in her hair.

She shook her head a little, running her hands through black silky strands as she tilted her head at me and raised an eyebrow when I didn't move.

"Do you...need something?" she asked me, her fingers pulling at the strings on her robe as I swallowed and remained silent when my eyes settled on lacy black underwear and the toned skin of her stomach.

It was clear that she was teasing me when I noticed the flicker of mischief in her eyes, her taunting actions fücking with my head as she walked towards me, seemingly to walk past as her finger brushed the side of hip before she dropped her robe.

I didn't turn since I was staring at the mirror on the wall in front of me, my eyes focused on the curve of her áss until I altered my gaze down long legs and bounced back up to follow her spine.

Whilst I did she had stepped into a black dress that cinched in at her waist and then flared out a little, the long silver zipper on the back making me glare just as she moved her hair to the side and said my name.

"Help me?" she asked, casting me a look over her shoulder and meeting my gaze in the reflection of the mirror as I pressed my tongue to the inside of my cheek.

I turned on my feet, stepping towards her before I held the grip of my fingers against the silver tab of the zip. Purposefully I rested the tip of my pointer finger against her skin as I started zipping her up, the line of goose bumps that follow suit on her skin when I touched her just over her spine making me smirk before she turned around.

"Like I said before," she said to me, rubbing her lips together as I raised an eyebrow at her sudden words. "Play your game but expect to lose."

"And what game is that?" I asked her, watching the way she took caution with smoothing her hands over her dress.

"Your ego fuelling let me make Aria feel the same way I do because I want to fück her game," she said in a bored tone, looking up to me and blinking as I swallowed down bitter words at her.

Fück her.

"If you want to fück, all you have to do is ask...you know that right?" she said to me casually, my throat clearing as I stopped myself from throwing her out the dámn window for putting the thought in my head despite it being there the moment I'd set eyes on her in Sicily. "I'm used to it so I know how you men think," she called out lightly as she walked into the bathroom and then returned with black heels, her eyes on me as she slipped her feet into them. "You went from playing nice to suddenly rude as hell at the party yesterday so I caught onto your mood swing...Ryder did the same thing when he was pursuing me in Italy ..."

At the mention of her ex I felt the burst of anger explode in my chest, my lust for the woman in front of me suddenly masked by it as I remembered back to how I'd aimed a shot at myself because of her yesterday.

"I don't want to fück you," I said, my tone bitter with my thoughts as she shrugged.

"Up to you," she said, unaffected once again as I fought with my mind and what I wanted to do to her.

I wasn't easily affected. I didn't put myself in danger and most importantly, I was the one in control here.

Not. Fücking. Her.

I stepped towards her without thinking, pissed at myself for being submissive to her body and pissed at her for not doing the same as she tilted her head mockingly and raised an eyebrow as I neared her.

She looked at me dead on as her mouth opened to say something until I had her pinned to the wall with my hands on her hips, her words silenced once my lips were on hers.

I kissed her hard, enough to render that iron control she always carried with her fücking useless.

She moaned against my mouth at the force that I'd used, her arms crossing over the back of my head as I picked her up easily and held her against the door frame. Her legs split over my chest as she kissed me back and ran her fingers over the back of my neck, her lips puckered against my own as I groaned at the feeling of her against me and impulsively pressed my fingertips hard into her waist.

I wanted her to fücking feel my dámn torture. I wanted her to feel dumb for letting her guard down and I wanted her to fücking do dámned stupid things.

I grunted against her as built up frustration started to disappear at my mind being hopeful of an orgasm, my thoughts pressing against my skull as my tongue swiped past her lips and stroked over hers.

It seemed doing so made her the slightest bit weak, her body relaxing and tensing against mine as I kept kissing her, my head tilting to do so deeper as she pulled it closer to hers by the back of my neck and scratched her nails against my scalp and through my still wet hair.

My thighs were tense as my cóck hardened between the heat of her legs, my palms smoothing over the tan skin of her thighs until I felt the sudden blade of a knife tucked against the top of her leg and held in place by a strap.

Smart girl...but not smart enough.

Easily disarming her despite my thoughts meshing in with wanting to fück her, I pulled her flush against me and felt her hands hold me by the sides of my face. She kissed me just as hard, mirroring my own want from yesterday as I settled my hand at the curve of her áss and used it to balance her weight as the other pulled down the zip at the back of her dress.

She pulled away then, to breath or to speak I didn't care when I pulled harshly, enjoying the tearing sound of fabric and the pulling down of her dress until her bra was showing and I was kissing down her neck.

"Lucien," she breathed out, her chest rising and falling deeply as I groaned at the taste of her skin, her perfume circling my proximity as I bared my teeth against the curve of her cleavage and relished in the heat of her skin.

Her arms were trapped with the way her dress being pulled down, her hands near the bulge in my towel as she pulled at the material and effectively released me of the annoying confinement. My towel dropped, my cóck now hard and against the inside of her thighs as things grew past the point I wanted them too, my want burning in my veins as I grit my teeth and put her down.

She was breathing heavily as she watched me kneel and hold her by the ankle, her right leg going over my left shoulder as I kissed all the way up until the hem of her dress was curtaining over my head and I could see the lace of her panties covering her püssy.

I bit my lip, my teeth nipping at the skin of her inner thigh as she held her fingers through my hair, awaiting my touch until I retrieved my towel from the floor and held it against myself before pushing her leg away.

She stood on two feet, head against the door frame before she looked at me through heated eyes when I returned back to my height and then leaned forward, her lipstick smeared from us kissing.

She expected me to kiss her until I spoke, our lips brushing against one another as I balanced myself with my hand braced above her head whilst the other tilted her head up by the chin.

"Now let me say it again," I told her, mocking her words as she looked at me with slightly wide eyes when I spoke and traced her bottom lip with my thumb. "I don't want to fück you."

Her mouth opened to say something but I mockingly pressed a finger to her lips, my smirk kick starting her anger as I tapped her cheek playfully and relished in the silence that was fücking deafening.

"It's not nice, is it?" I asked as I retied my towel, all whilst smiling at her as she pressed her lips together and looked at me, anger flaring in her eyes.

"Hm," she hummed sharply, biting her tongue to stop her from saying something before a sudden breeze was felt and I was left without a towel once again, only this time it was in Aria's hands and she had locked the door to her bathroom.

"Petty bítch!" I called out to her.

"Sei un fottuto stronzo!" she countered back easily, an amused laugh leaving my lips as I heard her keep mumbling Italian curse words before I took a pillow from her bed to cover myself and then walked across the corridor to my room.

I felt a lot more content knowing that we were now on the same page, my hard on the least of my problems at this moment as I got ready for the day and walked downstairs to the kitchen after a half hour.

Jinx was sitting at the breakfast bar, a piece of toast in one of his hands as he scrolled through his phone and then looked up at me before double taking.

"Why are your lips unnaturally red?" he asked slowly, confused for a second as I looked at my reflection in the oven door glass and then heard someone enter the kitchen. "Oh."

I looked at the way Jinx's confusion turned into a knowing smirk, his grin settling against his toast as I turned around and watched Aria stare daggers at me whilst putting her heels on her feet, her outfit changed into tighter black dress that looked like it was made of a softer material.

I smiled mockingly back at her, pissing her off as I took a tissue from the roll at the side and wiped off the residing colour of Aria's lipstick off of my lips.

"So you two huh?" Jinx piped up, my head turning to look at him as I made myself some coffee. Aria mirrored my movements and looked at Jinx, the both of us blinking as Jinx looked between us and smiled. "Wow...was it that bad?"

"Please," was the words that came from Aria and I's mouth in sync, the scoffed tone making Jinx hum dramatically as he leaned back into his chair whilst Aria caught my eye contact and narrowed her gaze.

"Why is she glaring at you?" Jinx tried to whisper across to me, failing in doing so when Aria rolled her eyes at his words and walked in my direction.

"I'm glaring because he's an annoying ásshole who only thinks about himself," she said, a hum leaving my lips as I registered her words.

"Did you rub out your anger in the bathroom once I left?" I asked her casually, suddenly hearing Jinx choke on his toast as she smiled angrily at my words before swiping my coffee and holding it in her hands.

"I did actually and used two fingers, would you like a taste?" she countered back effortlessly whilst wiggling said two fingers, her words silencing my own as I inhaled sharply through my nose and watched her sip before joining Jinx by the counter.

"I'm..." Jinx trailed off, wheezing slightly as I pressed a tongue to the inside of my cheek and retrieved another mug to make my coffee. "You two are something else."

"Please don't associate me in the same sentence with him."

"You mean the same him you wanted to fück this morning?" I questioned, watching her lick her lips as she stared at me dead on, Jinx sinking slowly in his seat as he kept eating his toast slowly.

"Keep testing me Lucien and you'll live to regret it," she said, narrowed eyes on me as I hummed disbelievingly and grabbed my mug of made coffee before smiling at her.

"I'd like to see you try tesoro," I said simply, enjoying the way the anger in her eyes flared before she rubbed her lips together and stayed silent.

I took that as my sign of victory, my mind basking in the feeling of it as I walked out of the kitchen and towards my office.

As I did my phone vibrated in my pocket signalling that I had a call, my brother's name displaying across the screen as I accepted it and greeted him whilst pushing the door open to my office.

I closed it behind me, hearing Alex ask what happened yesterday considering I'd asked him to cover for me before disappearing.

"Nothing major," I said to him, sitting down and taking a sip of my coffee before starting up my laptop. "Where are you?"

"Salvatore has a shipment coming in today so we're here to overlook it," he said, speaking to someone in the background.

"We're?"

"Tevez is here along with Bradley and Frank," he said, the sound of the name that belonged to a man who found confidence to threaten me to my own death making me snort, my mind thinking back to the way he'd tried to look good in front of Salvatore whilst being on my dámn property. "Thanks to you showing off, I'm now on babysitting duty and teaching the idiota to defend himself so nobody ends up killing him."

"You're welcome," I said to him before he muttered things about needing to go, the phone call ending after that just as I scrolled through my emails and clicked on the one Johnson had sent me.

The subject read Anthony Salerno, his name in bold as I read through the email that told me what I already knew courtesy of Aaron and Aria.

I sighed as I drank another mouthful of coffee, my focus centered on my phone as I looked at it and contemplated calling Aaron after he'd given me his phone number yesterday. He seemed to be Aria's right hand man and the thought left me with questions in my head, especially considering how close she was to him despite being as secretive as she was.

I played on the thought for a minute or so before dialling his number, the memory of Aria's words in the kitchen circling my mind just as he picked up.

"Is Aria pissed at you because that's something I can't help you out with," Aaron spoke in lieu of greeting me.

"She is but that's the least of my problems right now," I said to him, sitting straighter in my seat as I picked up a pen and turned an old letter envelope on its front so I could write on it. "I need your help with something."

"Oh Jesus, at least take me to dinner first," he said in a teasing tone, a huff sounding out and echoing through the receiver from my mouth which made him sigh. "Ok, fine. What do you want?"

"What do you know about Ryder and his...connection to Aria?" I asked, sudden silence filling the call for a few seconds before I prompted his answer with his name.

"I..." Aaron started, finding it hard to say the right words. "I can't tell you."

"And why the fück not?" I asked, my tone sharp as he sighed loudly.

"Aria's business is her business and hers alone. I've sworn to secrecy and only do what I'm told because she's done so much for me."

"So you're saying that you can't help me?" I bristled, annoyed at the authority Aria had over him considering I needed information and it wasn't exactly easy to get it from her.

"Lucien, I took a blood oath for her."

His words caught me off guard until I registered them and scoffed disbelievingly, my hand rubbing against my jaw.

"Just like her father," I muttered, subconsciously finding myself looking down at the healed scar on my palm that I'd taken for Salvatore as Aaron muttered something in French. "I'll speak to you later."

With my words leaving my mouth I ended the call and took a sip of my coffee, my hands quick to pull my laptop closer as I opened up a new email thread to Johnson and typed.

To; Johnson Scott (Work)

Find what you can on Ryder-

I watched the line where I was typing blink when I stopped typing, sudden blankness filling my mind when I realised I didn't know his surname.

"Fück sake," I muttered, dialling Aaron's number once again before he picked up with a bored what. "Ryder...what's his surname?"

"What are you doing Lucien?" he drawled in a long sigh.

"I just need his fücking surname, are you going to give it to me or am I going to have to threaten you?"

"Aria wouldn't let you touch me."

"I can bet on that," I countered back easily, taunting him with my tone and not feeling the slightest bit bad even though he'd helped me.

"His surname is D'Amore."

With his words he hung up, my fingers typing Ryder's surname into the email before I went on to tell Johnson that he had the end of the day to find things, my fingers still typing to sign off my name at the bottom until I stilled my actions.

I stared at the finished email once I'd typed the full stop that finalised what I wanted, my finger hovering the cursor over the sent button as I contemplated sending it for a few moments.

Something was telling me not to considering Aria was making it clear that I had to trust her, my lips pursing as I wondered if going against what she'd said to me yesterday was the best of ideas.

The email stayed unsent as I sighed and opened up one of the drawers underneath the desk, my fingers finding my pack of cigarettes before I picked one out of the packet and flicked the flame to life on my lighter whilst still thinking.

As I began to inhale the smoke into my mouth the door to my office opened abruptly, Aria standing with a glare trained on me as I hummed approvingly at the sight of her just as she spoke.

"Are you that much of a coward that you can't ask me about Ryder but instead go and threaten Aaron?" she asked, watching me smoke as I turned to her in my chair and didn't say anything.

I figured that Aaron would have gone to report back to Aria, her being here and in front of me validating my assumption as I shrugged and blew smoke past my lips.

"I guessed with how pissed you were at me, you would tell me to go fück myself and not tell me anything," I said to her, enjoying the way I could see her lip jut out when she pressed her tongue to the inside of them, her annoyance at me flaring once again.

"You're infuriating."

"You didn't seem to think so when I was between your legs," I said in a tone that made her inhale sharply, a smile on my lips when she looked towards me when I kept smoking. "Anyways, you don't have to worry. I asked Johnson to find things for me-"

"You did what?" she asked bluntly, eyes wide before she walked towards me, her own words cutting off my sentence that was going to tell her that I hadn't sent the email.

Oh well.

"You fücking asked him-"

"What's the issue with asking? All I did was email him," I said to her, feigning my anger at her words and using it as an upper hand to get what I wanted from her.

"You're so fücking dumb," she snapped, pushing past me and grabbing my laptop as she looked through my email thread once she'd taken the cigarette from my mouth and crumbled it between her fingers.

"What you're doing is illegal by the way," I said, testing her limits and referring to the way she was looking through my emails without my permission despite me sitting here.

"Me pinning you by the neck with a knife to your throat and murdering you effortlessly is fücking illegal so I suggest-"

"I think you may have a thing for getting off at the thought of violence," I spoke casually, opening my drawer just as she turned to slap me across the face for what I was saying.

Lucky for her I was now beginning to become accustomed to her moves just like she was to mine, her split second decision failing miserably when I clipped the right hand of the handcuffs I had taken over her wrist before twisting her body.

With effort that only came from her trying to be violent towards me, I successfully had her hands handcuffed behind her back, a sharp breath leaving my lips when the séxual preference I now had fixated on her meshed with one of the many things I got off on.

"Get me out of these before I actually fücking kill you," Aria threatened, her hands taut against her back as I pulled her down to my lap and moved closer to the desk so she had no room to move.

Her stomach stayed against the lip of my desk as she clawed at my abs over my shirt with her nails, the smell of her perfume circling my proximity once against as I moved to look over her shoulder and pressed on the email that was still unsent.

"You see, if you weren't such a raging bítch all the time, you'd actually think about what you were doing and stop underestimating me," I taunted into her ear, biting just against her earring as she stiffened at my the feeling of my breath, staring at the screen that showed the unsent email. "Feel stupid?"

"Shut up," she snapped sharply, ignoring my words and not giving into them as I felt accomplished since she was feeling exactly what I was feeling after she'd kissed me yesterday.

Dumbfounded and completely embarrassed.

"Now," I started, leaning back into my seat and enjoying the weight of her in my lap. "Would you like to apologise or do you want to stay in those handcuffs?"

"I can get out of these if I wanted to Lucien," she said to me, my eyes focused in on the curve of her áss against the buckle of my belt.

"Then why aren't you trying?" I asked her, only to suddenly be pushed back and the force of metal to hit my temple sharply. "Fücking bítch," I cursed, touching just beside my eyebrow and feeling the slight stickiness of blood stain the tips of my fingers, my chest pushed as Aria used her free hand to move away from me.

"Like I said to you in the kitchen," she started, turning around and wiggling her other hand free from the handcuffs. "Keep testing me and you'll live to regret it."

She placed the handcuffs into my lap before turning, defiance in her step from her thinking she'd won before I stood up, my movements now too quick for her to register before I had her pinned against the bookcase behind my desk.

The frames that held pictures I'd put there wobbled with the force I had pushed onto her, the books swaying slightly against each other as I kept my hand around her throat and glared at her. My fingers tightened, her poker face twitching slightly as she stared at me dead on with her hands over my wrist, the red lines across them from the handcuffs making me swallow before I spoke.

"Don't think that this is a game you're going to win," I told her, squinting when she smiled despite the flush on her face from me choking her, her actions making my cóck start to swell before I took control.

I pushed her legs apart, wedging my own between them until the apex of her thighs rested against the top of my own, her slight intake of breath echoing in my head before she spoke.

"Why do I need to compete with you if I've already won?" she asked through a sharp breath, tensing her legs when I pushed my own against her. The heat between them was something that I enjoyed along with the look on her face, her concentration faltering as her focus blurred and a moan left her lips when I rubbed against her.

"You're nowhere near having won," I whispered to her, swallowing my groan as I bit my lip and let her go when she found it difficult to breathe.

Her heels sounded quietly against the floor when I moved away from her, her eyes on my face before they rolled down the rest of my body and stayed focused just beneath my belt.

It seemed we both had a thing for being unapologetic with looking at one another, the very thought circling my mind as I did the same thing with her until there was a sudden blaring of the house alarm.

Instinctively I reached behind me to grab my gun, Aria cringing at the loud sound that signalled there was a breach in security. I flicked the safety off as I turned quickly to my laptop, my fingers quick to sort through the security camera footage before my eyes landed on the garden angle, my gaze hard just as I grabbed my phone when Johnson started to ring it.

"The body temperature cameras went off in the back, there's four of them," he said to me, the sound of loud typing just about being heard above the loud blaring of the alarm as I told him to get me any type of face recognition and then hung up the phone.

"What the fück is happening?" Aria shouted over the alarm, watching me grab another cartridge of ammo from underneath the desk before I shoved it into my pocket.

"Security breach," I replied simply, watching her eyes squint once again as I thought back to Jinx being in the kitchen this morning. "Fück," I muttered, wondering if he was okay just as loud exploding sound of glass echoed over the blaring alarm, a flash of light framing the office door for a split second before it vanished.

Aria's eyes widened before she stepped towards me, holding her hand out for something until I put two and two together and shook my head at her with judging eyes.

"No fücking way!" I shouted, the idea that I had in my head of sending her down to the panic room suddenly blank in my mind when there was another exploding sound and the crackle of wood splitting.

"Give me a gun Lucien!" Aria said, everything in two minds in my head before I swiped my hand against the underneath of the desk and placed a handgun in her hand. It was odd watching her use pristinely manicured nails to handle a firearm, my eyes on her before I told her to stay behind me at all fücking times unless she wanted to be dead.

She gave me a bored look at my words before I grabbed her, my fingers against her hip as I walked towards the closed door in my office and prepared to see the dámn damage done to my family's home.

I expected a certain degree of destruction, but the black thick smoke flowing freely out the kitchen made me grit my teeth. My vision did a split second flashback of watching the same type of mutilation flow freely from my first home, the fresh feeling of knowing my mother was dead kick starting my adrenaline as I walked out with Aria behind me.

She followed my footsteps down the corridor before the sound of bullets echoed in my head and I was holding her behind me, my arm in front of her protectively as I valued my life over her own just like my contract stated.

I had no idea where the fück it was coming from courtesy of the loud blaring alarm, my senses fücked with as the smoke grew thicker and the smell of it clouded my instincts.

I felt blindsided once again, this time not because of Aria just as I saw a shadow through the smoke and fired down into the foyer twice.

I knew it wasn't Jinx since the man's build was completely different, the bullets hitting him in the head as he dropped to the ground and was followed by two other men who fired stupidly in my direction once they'd emerged from the kitchen with gas masks on.

Fücking ássholes.

Bullets scuffed the wall next to us, my head ducking as I stepped down the corridor and through the smoke with Aria following me, her quiet cough not going unnoticed as I heard her say something about Tofu being with Jinx.

It wasn't until then when she tugged back on me just as a bullet missed the side of my face, my focus on her words making my anger spike again just as she held onto me whilst taking off her shoes.

"Fake left and take my cover," she said into my ear, my mind registering her words as I watched her throw one of her heels over the foyer, through the smoke and to the other side where it landed in a thud loud enough for both of the men in the foyer to hear.

Only one of the idiots turned, Aria's words of faking left becoming realistic when I did so and confused the shot the man wanted to take. He fired in the feigned direction before failing miserably when the bullet shot at the wall, his stupidly thought out move not doing him any favours when Aria shot him in the side of the neck whilst I took out the man behind him.

They both dropped simultaneously, the smoke now thicker than before as it clouded the air Aria and I breathed, my hand taking hers as I covered my mouth with the bend of my elbow and walked down the stairs cautiously.

I was weary considering I knew that there could've been more than four men, three out of the former being killed in front of my eyes which meant that there was one other on my dámn property.

I was in half minds with sending Aria towards the panic room once again, the door that was led from the gym set in bullet proof foundations and fireproof casing that would keep her safe until I was done scouring the premises for any other intruders.

It was a prominent thought despite not knowing where the fück Jinx was and whether he'd taken out the last man, my hand tight around Aria's before a gunshot sounded in between us and the sudden blaring of the house alarm stopped.

My ears were ringing from the split second stop start of the loud alarm yet I still heard the way Aria groaned as I pushed her until my body was in front of her, my hands holding my gun steady as I squinted through the smoky air and trained my focus on the shot that had been fired from the kitchen.

"Did you get hit?" I whispered to Aria considering the only thing that I could hear now was the crackling of fire and Aria's breathing.

"Scraped my fücking thigh," she said quietly through gritted teeth, holding onto the back of my shirt as I accustomed myself to my surroundings and shot at the shadow I could see through the grey misted air.

I could hear the idiot laugh through the pain, footsteps sounding out as a silver haired man walked from the kitchen and into the light the foyer had, his hands pulling at the gas mask on his face until we looked at each other eye to eye.

I squinted at him, not recognising his fücking face as I went to pull my trigger but stopped when Aria said my name and I heard the echo of more footsteps.

"You're outnumbered," she whispered, my eyes altering to my side where I saw two men move from the shadow of the smoke, their guns pointed at the both of us as Aria's words confirmed my own assumptions.

I grit my teeth, feeling like my entire body was on fire at the rage I felt when I breathed heavily, my eyes trained on the man in front of me as he spoke.

"I'm only here for Aria," he said simply, taunting me with the look in his eyes.

"Over my dead fücking body," I snapped, adrenaline burning in my veins as he chuckled.

I couldn't see the normal branding that the Lorento's had, their crime family one that wanted Salvatore's head on a plate due to fücked up history.

I was clueless as to who this fücking idiot was as he smiled at my words, his feet stepping towards us both as I moved back into Aria, making sure if I was to be shot at she wouldn't be hurt in the process.

"If you want to be blown apart then we can stay here and have this conversation," he started, making a show out of the way he loaded his own gun and flicked the safety off. "Unless you're not a fan of that, hand me the dámn girl or I'll get my men to shoot you in the head."

I went to shoot until I felt Aria's nails scratch into the bottom of my back harshly, her following words echoing in my head until I registered them and tensed.

"Fake it and take the tall one," she whispered barely audibly, my eyes closing as I fought my instinct of doing things myself and felt Aria discreetly put the gun that I'd given her into the back of my pants. I breathed in another slightly wheezed breath whilst glaring at the bastard in front of me, my trust now being tested with Aria as she coughed, loud enough to let her flick the safety off of the gun she'd put in my pants before I pulled her in front of me and noticed the way she was finding it hard to breathe.

Her words to fake it circled my head continuously, the man stepping forward to take her from me as he took her by the arm and placed his own gun to her head.

"If you even think to shoot, I will blow her head clean off," he said to me, motioning for me to put my gun down and acting cócky about it. My ego inflated at the fact that he was blindsided on the fact that I was armed away from his eyes, the weight of the gun tucked behind me making my chest tighten with anticipation as he looked at me and waited for me to do what I'd been told.

I didn't listen straight away, knowing fairly well that sudden innocence was something to be suspicious of. Instead I stood my ground and kept my eyes trained on Aria and what she was doing, her attitude seeming to be present but not acted on as she stood still in his arms with her hand near her thigh, the occasional cough leaving her lips as the white ceilings became steadily stained with soot from the smoke.

"Put it fücking down!" he shouted past her head at me, her poker face not flinching at his loud words as she stared down a little and flexed her fingers.

I didn't know what the fück she was doing but it had come to a point where I was used to her now surprising me, my pride squashed in my head when I chose to abide to the man's rules and put my gun down.

As I did I watched Aria, her eyes motioning to the left before she nodded slightly and moved.

In a split second I heard the gut wrenching scream of the man whilst I pulled my second gun from behind me and shot the man closest to the front door, Aria seeming to have used her knife to cut the man's stomach open before using him as a shield when the other man shot at her.

I covered her and killed him myself, a bullet hitting him right between the eyes before he dropped and I was moving towards Aria to keep her safe. The loud thud of dead bodies hitting the ground was enough for me to move as fast as I could, Aria's hands fumbling around the man bleeding on the floor as she dipped her fingers in between his jacket whilst he choked on his own blood.

She'd cut him from hip to hip before seeming to have stabbed her knife deep in his chest, her hands quick to grab his phone before she stood up and went to follow me until I was the one frozen and looking down at him.

Aria's voice cracked as she shouted at me and asked me what the fück I was doing when I kneeled and pulled apart the material at his shirt, the both of us stilling as we looked at the massive branding burnt into his chest, an all too familiar sight in the past day as I swallowed harshly and grit my teeth.

The Sabella family crest.

*A/N*

Miss Surina? Miss Surina?

Oh my gAWHD. SHE FÜCKINg DED.

yikes

It seems my man Lucien is forever haunted by the Sabella's ☺️ (please refer to chapter 1 and the conversation in the last chapter upstairs with Aria and Aaron if you don't know who they are - they kílled Lucien's mummy)

AnD WHEW

does everyone see the way my man has also taken charge?

Aria is SHOOK

things concerning Ryder and why he was at the party will be explained in the next chapter. This one was more me filling in some gaps and really playing on sèxual feelings.

Aria is now gonna get a taste of her own medicine by lucien blindsiding her with his tonGUE. we love a whole áss man.

You'll also find that lucien and Aria will be clashing a lot more now that he's found his footing around her! But other than that...

How did we like this chapter?

Thoughts on why the Sabella's are still attacking Lucien?

Thoughts on the way Aria reacted to lucien in her room?

Thoughts on lucien's reaction right at the start of the chapter? Was he wrong/right?

Thoughts on the way things are moving so far? Too fast? Too slow? Too anything?

Lemme knoWWWWWW

But anywhosie

YALL. IN A WEEK WE GAINED OVER 2K READS (2.4k to be precise) DKSJDKD

And we also got over 100 votes and nearly 500 comments I'm *dies*

Can we try for maybe 100 votes and 400 comments? IM DKSJDJ lemme try this goals thing again even thought I'll end up updating every Thursday anyways but anywWHO

100 votes & 400 comments? Can we do that? Dkdjendnd

YES (I answered my own question don't mind me)

thank you sm for all the support. You're all so wonderful 💖💖

Vote, comment, share & all that good stuff and I'll see you next Thursday with juicy info 😉

The devil works but Surina works harder 🌚

twitter | btwitssurina

ask.fm | jxnnerslayss

I LOVE YOU ALL TO THE MOON AND BACK 🌙✨

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

139K 3.5K 46
Issabelle Moretti parents were killed in front of her but the killers did not see her cause she was hiding behind a pillar She sworn that she will ta...
58K 4.5K 43
He saw her, he saved her, he healed her and he claimed her; Only to lose her at the end. ------------------------------------------------ In a world...
55K 1K 40
'Avatii Miller'. A 22 year old detective and lawyer, she loves her job and so do the people in her family, because she clean their dirty work happily...
Lucent By ads ¡¡

Teen Fiction

160K 3.7K 17
lucent (adj); softly bright or radiant ✿ ✿ ✿ My brother's hand traces the cut on my right cheek for some minutes. I have no idea how a cut can b...