Behind the mask - Erik Killmo...

By 3riche

This story has been discontinued. There will be no more updates. - Everyone has a mask. Whether it is a mask... More

Introduction
Chapter 01
Chapter 02
Chapter 03
Chapter 05
Chapter 06
Chapter 07
Chapter 08
Chapter 09
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32

Chapter 04

4.9K 154 60
By 3riche

Today is the day of the ceremony. Two people are going to fight. And only one is going to be king. However.. I know that T'Challa is going to win so I'm not nervous at all.

I hear a knock at my door. 'Yes?' My mother steps in. I roll my eyes and continue dressing myself for the ceremony. 'I only came to tell you to dress yourself but I see that you are already at it.' 'Mhm.' 'Yara, I love you and I will respect your choice to temporary not talk to me.' She says before she leaves.

I leave my hair like it is. A wild, curly bird's nest. I search in my closet what to wear. Some people like to go all out with these kind of ceremony's. Not me! I put on a simple white summer dress that stops just above my knees. At the top of my closet I see my mother's old shoulder & arm armor. She said that her father gave it to her right before he died.

Or maybe she lied about that too. Yara. Stop it. Don't be petty. I sigh and put the armor on.

I finish my look with some simple white Dr. Martens boots. Yes girl. Wakanda also got dem Martens.

I hear the horns sound. That means that the fight is beginning. My heart pounds hard in my chest. What if Erik wins? I seriously don't want him as my king.

After a few minutes I arrive at the Gurai Mountain. I climb up to my tribe. (The mountain has stairs so don't panic girl)

Everyone has special outfits on based on the color of their tribe.
Nakia

Okoye

'How are you N'Yarai?' One of the elders of my tribe asks. 'Very well. Elder Yenai. How are you?' 'I am a bit nervous. N'Jadaka has killed quite alot of people.'

Erik walks in the water just as we speak. I can't hear what they are saying to each other but I see him put his weapons down. He slowly takes his shirt off.

I gasp. I always knew that he was weird but why does he has so many scars on his body? 'I know right. What a body.' Elder Yenai says. 'What? Elder Yenai you are like 102 do you think it's appropriate to say that?' She looks at me up and down. 'I had a body like yours back in the day. Maybe even better. But the boys would run my way when they saw me.' She chuckles.

I see T'Challa kicking Erik which makes him fall. There is hope, I think. Until I see Erik cutting in T'Challa's leg and stomach.

He collapses by exhaustion. 'Stand up T'Challa!' I scream. The tears start filling my eyes up. He is like a brother to me. He can't die.. he just can't. 'My son! Don't give up.' Queen mother says while her voice breaks.

'Is this your king!?' Erik shouts at us. 'He couldn't even keep his own father safe!' 'He tried! Much more than you ever did!' I scream angry. He looks at me. His anger turns in rage.

He lifts T'Challa from the ground and carries him on his shoulders. He stands at the edge of the waterfall. 'Erik! No! Please don't..' He looks me in the eye while throwing T'Challa of the edge. My heart breaks in that moment. The only man that I had in my life that I could rely on. The only man that didn't leave me. The only man that loved me. Gone.

'I am your king now!' He shouts proudly. I am numb. I drop on my knees and start screaming. I feel two familiar arms hugging me. I look up and see my mother crying. I hug her tight. 'He killed him mama, he killed-' 'Ssshhhhhttt.' She comforts me.

I've been staring at my wall for the past 10 minutes. Nakia enters my room. I don't bother looking at her. 'Yara, I know it hurts but we have to stay strong for T'Challa.' 'What do you mean?! He is dead! Don't you love him?!'

'N'Yarai I love T'Challa more than I could ever describe. But falling apart is not going to help the situation. Don't let Erik get into your head.' She's right. I have to stay strong. 'And now I have news that is going to make you mad again.' She says disappointed. I look at her with a raised brow.

'Erik wants to see you. You have to meet him in the meeting hall.' I sigh all my anger out. 'Thank you Nakia.' She hugs me and walks me to the meeting hall.

I enter and see Erik sitting on the throne. I want to puke just by seeing his face. 'So you were T'Challa's combat trainer?' He asks grinning. I nod my head. 'I want you to train my warriors now.' I look at him with a blank face. 'Are you done?' I ask unbothered. 'Is that a way to talk to your king N'Yarai?' When he says my name I shiver.

How come someone so evil can say a name so warm? He touches my cheek so lightly with the back of his fingers I almost thought it wasn't real.

Erik Stevens "Killmonger" POV
'See? You're not as tough as you think.' I say as I study her face. Her eyes flutter while I caress her. Her dark brown curly hair stops right at her shoulders. Her wild hair makes her look like a lioness. My lioness. 'Is that all you have to say... my king?' She whispers the last words with her teeth clenched. I almost feel bad for killing her nephew. Almost.

'You can go now. You will start training them tomorrow. Get some rest.' She slaps my hand away from her face and walks away. I chuckle at her action. That's my type of girl.

_______________________________________________
So I finally did Erik's POV. Although his POV is short, I will try to do more and longer ones in the next chapters.

Love E.🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.9K 815 24
Be careful what you wish for... Be careful with what you said you should've could've done. Read to find out more-Dajah❤️
117K 3.5K 32
Erik "Killmonger" Stevens has fully embraced his new identity as Killmonger and infiltrated a mercenary group with ties to Ulysses Klaue. Invited to...
337K 11.4K 88
"What do you want?" I asked finally looking back at him. "A proposal" he simply said as I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms so I can create some typ...
277K 13.1K 64
'"I cannot feel this way. You clearly don't feel-" "I do though." He interrupts me. I finally look up to meet his eyes. It holds so much sadness. "Be...