I'm Apart of the Band

By OneDIR

Life is rough for 17 year old Shana Miller until one lucky day One Direction dines in the restaurant she's wo... More

Chapter: One
Chapter: Two
Chapter: Three
Chapter: Four
Chapter: Five
Chapter: Six
Chapter: Seven
Chapter: Eight
Chapter: Nine
Chapter: Ten
Chapter: Eleven
Chapter: Twelve
Chapter: Thirteen
Chapter: Fourteen
Chapter: Fifteen
Chapter: Sixteen
Chapter: Seventeen
Chapter: Eighteen
Chapter: Nineteen
Chapter: Twenty
Chapter: Twenty-One
Chapter: Twenty-Two
Chapter: Twenty-Three
Chapter: Twenty-Four
Chapter: Twenty-Six
Chapter: Twenty-Seven
Chapter: Twenty-Eight
Chapter: Twenty-Nine
Chapter: Thirty
Chapter: Thirty-One
Chapter: Thirty-Two
Chapter: Thirty-Four
Chapter: Thirty-Five
Chapter: Thirty-Six
Chapter: Thirty-Seven
Chapter: Thirty-Eight
Chapter: Thirty-Nine
The End.

Chapter: Twenty-Five

173 0 0
By OneDIR

Ch. 25 Lucas

Lucas found me on the street corner. His large rusty pick up truck didn’t really go with all the Porches and BMWs but that was okay. The pick-up truck, was who Lucas was. When I got in the car, he didn’t ask me what was going on, he just drove. He knew I would tell him later and I was thankful for that. The drive wasn’t long, he parked the car sooner than I expected and I looked out the window.

“Where are we?” I asked confused. I had seen photos of Lucas’ house. This definitely wasn’t it.

“My apartment,” He told me and got out of the car.

“Did you move?” I got out as well.

“Yeah. Well, my parents didn’t. I did. This is my apartment.”

“You have your own apartment?” I questioned. He opened the heavy glass doors for me that opened to the lobby. 

“Yeah,” He said simply, he opened another door which lead to some stairs. I followed Lucas up a flight and

he walked down the hall a little and stopped in front of what I figured was his apartment and unlocked the door. He turned on the light and we walked inside. It was messy and casual. Everything you would expect a teenage bachelor pad to look like. It wasn’t bad.

“When did you move?” I exclaimed, setting my things down and taking a seat on a barstool that was in his kitchen. Lucas opened his refrigerator and pulled out two cans a soda. He handed me Root Beer, which he knew I loved.

“When I started college,” He sat beside me.

“College?”

“Yeah. The university is just up the street,” He pointed out the window. I blinked. College? He was nineteen. It made sense.

“I’m sorry. I never really even asked you about how life has been going for you. It’s just been about me.”

“It’s okay. I have a boring life. I’m not dodging paparazzi or random girls don’t want to take pictures with me like you but I work at Starbucks, occasionally bartend and go to classes in the afternoon.”

“Do you still want to be a marine biologist?”

“So bad.”

“You’ll be good at that. I’m proud of you.”

“Thanks. I’m proud of you.”

“For?”

“Staying stable. I hear a lot of people crack under the pressure with paparazzi and everything. You’re doing good for just a normal girl.”

“Yeah. Sort of.”

“Why sort of?”

“Harry and I got in a fight.”

“Over?”

“Jealousy.”

“Okay, explain.”

“Do you remember that girl at the CD signing that Harry was taking a lot to?”

“The hot one.”

“Lucas!” I whined.

“I’m kidding. Yeah. I know who you’re talking about. Keep going.”

“Well, that’s Marissa. She is completely convinced that she is going to steal Harry from me…”

“Isn’t a lot of girls convinced that?”

“Yes. And I’ve accepted that, totally.”

“Then what is the problem?”

“She takes it a little too far. See, a while ago, the whole group went to the club. While we were there she said some nasty things to my face and whatever. I shrugged it off because we were in Arizona and I thought I never was going to see her again. Then I find out she followed us to Los Angeles and we run into each other at the beach and once again she’s bashing me and throwing stuff at me and it’s all this big mess.”

“She threw stuff at you?”

“The contents of a smoothie.”

“What a bitch.”

“Right? Anyway, so Harry hasn’t ever been around to see any of this but I’ve told him about it. Well at the CD signing today, Marissa was telling Harry to tell me that she was sorry and how I’m her role model or something stupid.”

“What a suck up.”

“Harry believed her.”

“He believed her? I haven’t even met her and I don’t believe her. Are you kidding?”

“No. I’m not. So he believed that she was truly sorry and the whole smoothie incident was an accident and of course I am freaking out because I know that’s not true so I had to have Eleanor and Liam explain to him how horrible she was for him to believe it.”

“When does this jealousy part come in?”

“So, Harry says he’s sorry and he believes that she’s psycho and everything is well for a second. Until he tells me that I don’t have to be jealous of her.”

“Jealous?”

“Yes, jealous. Like where do you see that I’m jealous of her. I’m not jealous. I’m angry.”

“Wow.”

“And the weirder part is was the fact that it was him that was jealous of you.”

“Jealous of me? Why?”

“Cause you’re a guy. He thinks your going to try to play a move on me.”

“Interesting. Let me get this straight. Harry is jealous of me so when you get in a fight you come over to my place? You rebel,” He kicked me playfully.

“Shut up.”

“I bet he’s raging!”

“You’re enjoying this, aren’t you?”

“I am! I’ve never had anyone jealous of me. Especially a guy from the biggest boy band in the world. It’s fun,” He smirked. I rolled my eyes.

“Anyway, I think I overreacted a little. I shouldn’t be so concerned about this girl.”

“Do you trust, Harry?”

“Of course I trust Harry. That’s not a question. There was just a very little part of me that wanted him to stand up for me. I guess I’m asking for a little too much.” I shrugged.

“Harry loves you. I can see it. Everyone makes mistakes sometimes. It would be a weird world if nobody did.”

“I guess,” I sighed.

“Let’s get your mind off of things,” Lucas patted my knee, “Movie?”

“Sounds good.”

“You go pick one out over there. I’ll be right back, okay?” Lucas pointed to a movie shelf by his TV and then disappeared into one of the back rooms. I scanned the shelf quietly pulling out three different ones. While I waited for him. I took a look around a little. On the end table by the couch a familiar picture sat. It was Lucas and I when I was four and he was six and we spent the day rolling the mud, our face covered in it. On the other end table was a picture of Kendra, Lucas and me fascinated by the newly born Piper in the hospital. I smiled at the thought that Lucas had these photos out. I missed him dearly.

“Okay! What did you pick?” Lucas came back yet he had a crazy amount of blankets and pillows with him. 

“I can’t decide between these three,” I held them out.

“We could watch them all…” Lucas offered.

“I’m up for the challenge,” I said back. We set up camp in the middle of his floor, in front of his television, much like we used to when we were kids. Lucas emptied his pantry and set all the food on the ground beside us preparing for the fun movie night. I felt comfortable and at ease sitting there with Lucas watching the movies. The memories flooding back to mind. It was going to be hard to say goodbye when my spring break was up. 

We did what we planned and right after the first film we put in the second, but half way through we started talking and ignoring the movie as the sun slowly set and the apartment getting darker with no lights on. With yawns we took out the second after it was finished and put in the third our eyes drifting like mad…

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.6K 160 26
Sixteen year old Jeniffer Page moved to London to live with her Father. Her parents got into a divorse when she was 6. Her father works on X-factor a...
104K 2.6K 19
Samantha Burke, 15 year old american, visits her grandparents in london for the summer. While there she discovers they live next to singer, Harry Sty...
29.9K 626 62
Emily Robin is just your typical teenage girl..well maybe not. After her best friend/boyfriend Harry Styles leaves her for his career, an awful trage...
9.9K 226 31
15 year old Marlie doesn't have it easy and the only person to make her happy is her 16 year old boyfriend Harry Styles. That is until things change...