After The Storm (Sequel)

By Lovergirl723

Liliana Garcia has always made it through anything life has thrown her way, but after so much loss and hearta... More

Nothing was the same
Unhappy Holidays
Breaking Point
Coping
Change
Boston
Valentine's Day
How to Save a life
Jaws of Life
Trouble in Paradise
Contracts
Silver Flood
First day
We hate him
His secret
Attack
Sorry
Memory lane
Feedback
Believe In Yourself
I have to
Not Ready
Thankful
I Wish You Were Here
How Can I help
Ending
Disrespectful
Q&A
Issues
What's Going on
It Was An Accident
This Can't Be Happening
Bigger Person
Time For A Change
Opinions?
Happy Again
Wedding Bells
Hard Decisions
If you love someone tell them
Mistakes
Exhaustion
Adjustments
Insecure
A Day Back
Quality Time
Back to work
Uncertainty
Frustrated
Destiny
The Unknown
Look Who's In Town
Turn Coat
Are you happy?
Reunited Part 1
Reunited Part 2
Mom's Back
Never Ready
Neglect
Misunderstanding
Heroics
Leave It Behind
Realization
Apologies
Unexpected News
Operation Day
Harper Avery's
Understanding
Hacked
Can We Talk?
Bias
Innovation
Date night
Trial and Error
Couples Therapy
Scandal
Crisis Mode
Good Intentions
Wrong Venue, Right Time

Best Man

5.1K 112 5
By Lovergirl723

Liliana's pov

"Okay, so I have a list of all of your guest who have RSVP'd as of now" I say as I slide the list of names over to Owen. Him and Amelia recently made the sudden decision that they want to get married which everyone was surprised about. I mean it was obvious that they were making steps towards getting married, but neither one of them had hinted at proposing any time soon so it still felt like it came out of nowhere. Amelia is the one that proposed to Owen which I think is the most surprising part, but I supported the fact that she knows what she wants with Owen and went after it. Since Owen and I have been really close these last couple of months, it was only right that I get to be best man. I enjoyed getting to help him plan the wedding because it gave me an excuse to do something instead of being stuck inside of the house all day. He's been coming over to my house so we can make phone calls and schedule things for the wedding, but today he wanted for me to come over to his house instead before we leave to go run some errands for the wedding. "And I called your mom and checked to make sure she has her flight and hotel booked for the stay."

"Thank you. You are a life saver. I wouldn't be able to plan all of this stuff for the wedding in such a short time without you" he sighs.

"No problem. I'm glad you chose me to help you with your wedding, especially because it gives me something to do now that I'm on maternity leave."

"How are you enjoying that" he asks.

"I definitely miss work and I've been bored out of my mind. At first I thought I could keep busy by finishing up all of the stuff that needed to get done before the baby gets here, but I pretty much finished all of that my first couple of days off. The only thing I need to get done now is the nursery" I say.

"Which you should probably start working on soon" he chuckles.

"Believe me I know. It just takes so much work. I have to buy all of the stuff for the nursery then I have to set it all up. Just thinking about all of that exhausts me. I mean just walking from the house to the car makes me tired nowadays." I'm at 35 weeks pregnant and I'm completely over it and ready to have my baby at this point. I'm always so tired and uncomfortable, and I have to pee constantly which is really annoying, but that's just the joys of pregnancy.

"Maybe you should let Jackson take care of the nursery. It is a lot of work with you being so far along. You're supposed to be resting."

"I know, it's just that once you actually walk into the baby store and you're surrounded by so much baby stuff it can be overwhelming and Jackson's already nervous that the baby's almost here. I don't want to make him more nervous" I say.

"Jackson, might surprise you. I'm sure he can handle it" he says.

"I know. He has been really helpful with preparing for the baby. He's been so hands on."

"I can tell he's going to be an good father. You're both going to be amazing parents."

"Thank you" I smile. I'm really nervous for this baby, I mean it's a huge responsibility. I'm going to be responsible for a little life, but I already love my baby so much and I know I'm going to do everything in my power to give the baby the life it deserves. "Okay, we have a couple of things to get done today so we need to get going, but first I really have to pee so I'll be right back" I say before speed walking from the kitchen table to the bathroom making Owen chuckle. I went to the bathroom before washing my hands then meeting Owen in the living room.

"Okay, we're good to go now" I smile grabbing my purse before walking to his car. Our first stop was for Owen to get one last tuxedo fitting before the wedding which didn't take a super long time and once we finished we left to pick up the marriage license, then we met with the caterers to confirm the menu, then lastly we met with the manager of the wedding venue to confirm the booking for the wedding day.

"That was so exhausting. I've enjoyed today, but I'm more then ready to get home and go to sleep." I say as Owen drives.

"Well we actually have one more stop" he chuckles.

"What do you mean?"

"Well I figured since we are already driving around we can stop and get some of that house decorating stuff. Since in your words it is a little bland and needs more personality added to it."

"Owen, are you trying to kill me. You're trying to kill me with exhaustion" I say dramatically.

"We'll make it quick" he laughs.

"Fine, but only because you got me food." I agree as I relax in the passenger seat glancing out the window as I relaxed. A little while later we made it to Bed, Bath, & Beyond.

"Thank you for helping me pick all of this stuff out" Owen says as we walk around the store picking out things.

"It's no problem. I've always wanted to decorate a house in rustic decor. I have a whole Pinterest board dedicated to it. God, I'm turning into such a mom already" I shake my head making him chuckle.

"Yeah, I can tell you're into all of this house decor stuff."

"Well not to brag, but I'm a self proclaimed house decor expert. I mean I have decorated all three of me and Jackson's houses" I shrug as I place as picture frame into the cart.

"You guys have three houses" he asks.

"Yeah. We of course have the one here and since Jackson's family stays in Massachusetts we have one there for whenever we visit and then we have one in the Hamptons for vacation which we don't even need because we barely ever have time for vacation, but I did meet one of the ladies from one of those housewives shows there the last time we visited so I agreed we could keep it" I shrug making him chuckle.

"Well you have plenty of experience so I'm in good hands then."

"Of course, you are. When have I ever led you wrong Hunt" I smirk. We continued shopping for a while until we got everything I felt like we needed. Once we finished and placed everything in the car we left. Even though I planned to go home after that I agreed to go back over to Owen's to show him where to place some of the decor.

"Owen, you know I can help you right? I'm pregnant not injured" I say as I sit on the couch while Owen works on hanging up a picture frame.

"I know, but we've already been doing stuff all day. I don't want you overdoing it, so all I need for you to do is tell me where to place everything and I will do the rest" he says.

"God, you are another Jackson" I shake my head. I continued telling him where to place everything until we finished  then he took me home since I didn't drive this morning. I've never loved driving, but ever since I've gotten further into this pregnancy I've been extra lazy about it and I use it as an excuse to get out of driving whenever I can.

"Jackson's home early. I thought he'd still be at work" I say as Owen pulls into the driveway. It was only 7:30 and most of the time he didn't get home until around 9 at the earliest.

"Maybe his surgery got canceled" he says.

"Yeah. Maybe" I shrug as I unbuckle my seatbelt. "Well thank you for getting me out the house today. I really enjoyed it" I say.

"No problem. Thank you for the help today" he smiles.

"Okay, I will see you later" I say as I open the car door and get out.

"Okay" he nods before I close the door. I walk to the front door and unlock it before walking inside.

"Jackson" I call as I hang my key on the key hook by the door and place my purse on the door side table. I could smell the aroma of food from the kitchen as soon as I walked into the house.

"Hey sweetheart" he says as he walks out of the kitchen over to me.

"Hey" I smile as he kisses me. "Your home early."

"I know. I wanted to spend some time with my beautiful wife and treat you tonight" he says as we walk into the kitchen.

"Oh my God. Baby this is beautiful" I smile. The kitchen lights were dimmed and the dinner table was beautifully decorated with rose petals and candles.

"You like it" he smiles.

"I love it. Thank you so much" I say as I kiss him. We walked over to the table and Jackson pulls out my chair for me before I sit down.

"What did I do to deserve such special treatment" I smile as Jackson takes his seat at the table.

"Just being my amazing wife. And I know that it's been hard for you not being able to work and that you're getting further into your pregnancy so you've been really uncomfortable so I just wanted to show my appreciation" he says.

"You are so thoughtful Avery." This pregnancy has made my appreciation for Jackson grow even more. He's so caring and thoughtful and he always tries his best to keep me happy, which he succeeds in.

"This steak is so amazing" I moan as I chew in my food.

"I can tell you're enjoying it" he chuckles.

"You know how much I love food." I say as he laughs.

"How is the baby doing in there" he asks.

"Fine, its been active as usual" I smile rubbing my stomach.

"You didn't overwork yourself today did you?"

"No, Owen wouldn't even let me lift anything."

"Good" he says making me chuckle at how protective he is. We continued eating until we finished our meal and Jackson began cleaning up the table.

"Oh my God. This extra weight has me so tired. I'm huge. I'm pretty sure that my walk is more of a waddle" I say as I stand up.

"It is, but it's cute" Jackson chuckles kissing me on the cheek.

"Well thanks I guess" I smile.

"I know you're tired, but I have one more surprise for you" he says.

"Really?"

"Yeah, follow me" he says taking my hand into his as we walk down the hallway

"So I have a confession. I had Owen keep you out for a extra long time today" he says.

"Why?" I ask as we stop in front of one of our extra bedrooms.

"Because I took the day off, and I couldn't surprise you with this if you were home" he says as he opens the room door. "Surprise."

"Oh my God. Baby, you did all of this" I smile. The once empty room was now a fully decorated nursery. I knew that we had to get around to decorating the baby nursery, but I just hadn't gotten around to it. Honestly I was avoiding it. Every time I would convince myself to go pick out things for the nursery I would just start thinking about when I was pregnant with George and Derek helped me set up his nursery. It's bothered me all throughout this pregnancy that Derek isn't here with me through it and even though I've accepted it certain things still bring back memories of George and Derek that are bittersweet.

"Yeah, do you like it" he asks as we walk into the nursery.

"Like it? I love it. I can't believe you did all of this. You're so thoughtful" I say as I tear up. This pregnancy has made me such an emotional mess. I literally cry over almost everything.

"You okay? What's wrong?"

"Nothing, nothing. These are happy tears. This is just so sweet and it's making the thought that our baby will be here soon even more real. Thank you so much for this" I sniffle.

"You don't have to thank me. I wanted to do this. I know since you've been on maternity leave you've been doing everything yourself to prepare for the baby, so I just wanted to help and take some of the responsibility from off of you."

"You are so amazing. I'm so lucky to have you and this baby is lucky too. You're going to be an amazing father" I smile kissing him. I think Jackson and I are both nervous about being parents, but I know that we're both going to be the most amazing parents we can be to our baby.

I'm so excited to see what happens on tonight episode. It looks like it is definitely going to be an amazing episode!

Thanks for reading, please vote and comment!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

148K 2.5K 30
My name is Aviana Parker. Or so everyone thinks. I am an intern at Seattle Grace Hospital. I will attempt to keep my real identity from everyone at t...
13.6K 597 31
~ Merluca Covid - Aftermatch ~ Andrew is alive and Meredith's recovery doesn't go as planned... + there are no kids All characters belong to Shonda R...
723K 9.4K 36
Jamie Bay, a 32 year old Trauma Surgeon who just became a fellow, has it all. She has amazing friends, like Meredith Grey. What will happen when she...
339K 8.5K 41
Jade's life had never been perfect and she figured it never would be. A new start in Seattle was just the change she needed, she just wasn't expectin...