Another Angle - Season 2

By schilkowsky

A Glee fanfiction. What happens to Kurt and Blaine when they are not in the Glee Club meetings. More

Never Been Kissed
The Substitute
Furt
Special Education
A Very Glee Christmas
The Sue Sylvester Shuffle
Silly Love Songs
Blame it on the Alcohol
Sexy
Original Song
A Night of Neglect
Born This Way
Rumours
Prom Queen
Funeral
New York

Comeback

472 9 11
By schilkowsky

Kurt Hummel could hardly believe he had confessed his feelings for his best friend. And exactly on the week said best friend had serenated another guy. On the bright side, Blaine and the Warblers had agreed to sing in Kurt's Lonely Hearts Club Dinner; which had been a success, by the way.

After the dinner, he had the second sleep over of the week at Rachel's. She and Mercedes had assured him that everything would turn out fine. Rachel pointed out that Blaine showed up at his dinner, so probably everything was alright between them. Mercedes was pissed at Blaine but agreed with Rachel saying that if Kurt still wanted to be his friend and hang up with him that he surely would be there for Kurt. She added that he could always ask Puck and Finn to scare Blaine if he wanted. He chose to ignore that last commentary.

He was glad to have the whole weekend before having to see Blaine at school. Not that he didn't want to see Blaine; the problem was quite the opposite. He wasn't sure if he needed closure and be happy to have Blaine as his best friend or if he should keep feeding his hopes and trying to impress Blaine.

He decided to take his girls first advice: fly solo for a while and concentrate on his career. This meant he would work hard to keep up with the rhythm at Dalton; which was easier by now but he still struggled. Also meant finding a way to show the Warblers his true value. Maybe if Blaine saw who he could be... STOP! This needs to stop right now, Kurt. Oh My! He was screwed...

*

The riding to Dalton had never been so terrifying to Blaine. Dalton was the place he felt safe; but was it because of the school or because of his friends? Blaine was wishing with all his forces that he could go back to having the same friendship he had with David and Kurt. He had already talked to Wes; actually, Wes was basically the only person he had spoken to the whole weekend. He needed a heart-to-heart with both David and Kurt; he knew he would never forgive himself if he had screwed things up with those two.

To Blaine's luck, he arrived early and found David alone with a cup of coffee in a room. It was more than he was expecting and he was glad to talk to David first; he had a feeling things with Kurt might be a little more complicated. He cleared his throat to announce his presence and was happy when his friend smiled as he saw it was Blaine:

"Hey Blaine, what's up?"

Blaine awkwardly sat on the same table as David:

"I wanted to talk to you. I kind of wanted to apologize to you..."

David looked confused:

"What for?"

"The last time we spoke we left not in good terms..."

David nodded as he understood:

"Oh, that... Well, I was not having a good day that day. I guess I own you an apology as well. I thought that singing together in the Gap Attack and Kurt's dinner meant that things were fine..."

Blaine smiled:

"I wanted to make sure. But also I wanted to thank you for your support at the Gap thing and apologize for leaving you in a bad place with Thad because of it. Friends?"

Blaine had extended his hand to David who pushed it away and hugged Blaine:

"What is this nonsense, Blaine? Of course we are friends! We had a row, but I guess it's pretty normal, right? Now fill me up; how are things with the Gap guy?"

The alarm sounded announcing the classes were about to begin. They both got up to go their separate ways and Blaine just had time for a quick explanation to David:

"It's over; he wasn't at all pleased with the singing. Anyway, no heart-breaks and I'm moving on."

Blaine rushed to his class having completely forgotten his first period was double English with Kurt. The sight of his best friend lighting up in a smile as he walked in late to the class brought Blaine back to reality. Maybe things with Kurt wouldn't be so hard.

He sat at Kurt's side but, as usual, they wouldn't talk during class. He tried to make some comments, but Kurt would shush him and nod towards the teacher. Until there, everything was normal: Kurt was always the perfect student. They exchanged some looks and Blaine took Kurt's notebook to write a note:

"Are you up to coffee after the Warblers' practice?"

He handled the notebook back to an angry Kurt who read the note and looked puzzled at him. Blaine was gazing intensely as he tried to read Kurt's reactions. Kurt seemed to become more self-aware and intrigued by his friend. In the end, he shrugged and wrote a note back raising it so Blaine could read:

"Sure, why not?"

Blaine gave him a little smile and tried to concentrate on the class again. Maybe it would be awkward between them for a while; maybe not. The important thing, and that was in what Blaine was focusing, was that they stood friends.

*

It had been a couple of weeks since Valentine's Day. Everything had gone back to normal. Well, almost everything; his relationship with Blaine still seemed awkward. Surely they still called each other every day and often went for coffee as before; however, Kurt could feel that they now had tabooed subjects and there were some edges that both of them seemed to avoid. He hadn't decided if he needed closure or closeness with Blaine, who was respecting that. Not that they explicitly talked about it. Kurt sighed at all the things they left unspoken nowadays.

He was walking from his last class to the Warblers' meeting; his class had ended up early and he knew he would be the first one there. He left his bag in a chair and went to check on Pavarotti:

"Hey Pav, having a great day as usual, I suppose?"

The bird chirped welcoming the piece of carrot Kurt was giving him.

"I thought so. You surely are the best Warbler around here..."

"Oh, come on; we have some pretty good Warblers in our squad as well."

Kurt jumped at the voice coming from behind him; he was so distracted by the bird that he didn't heard Blaine walking in the room. He smiled at his friend:

"You scared us."

Blaine approached them and tried to pet Pavarotti through the bars of his cage:

"You grew really found of our mascot, didn't you?"

"Of course! Pav is a diva just like me."

Blaine grinned and would reply but they were interrupted by the rest of the Warblers joining them in the room. David was the last one in and he entered showing them an opened envelope in his hands. Thad called the meeting opened and David started talking and shaking the envelope:

"This just got in the mail with information about Regionals. As you know, we are up against the New Directions. The other group we'll be competing against is the Aural Intensity..."

Kurt let out a gasp that didn't go unnoticed. Thad raised an eyebrow not looking pleased:

"Sorry to interrupt fellow council member David, but it seems as if junior member Kurt wants to add something..."

Kurt blushed:

"Didn't mean to interrupt; it's just that I already competed against them and they crushed us last time. But please, by all means, go on David..."

David smiled at him and proceeded:

"Just one final thing; Regionals this year have a theme and it's anthem."

Kurt's hand flew to the air before he could prevent it:

"May I? I think we should really go with something from the Broadway catalog. I would suggest "Can You Hear The People Sing" from Les Mis. Or probably something more contemporary like "Born This Way"..."

Thad interrupted him:

"Well Kurt, the first song you suggested doesn't have a lead soloist and Lady Gaga is too controversial. As the Warblers are all about tradition, I suggest we keep thinking. Thank you for your enthusiasm."

The way he pronounced the last word made Kurt remember that his personality wasn't as appreciated here as it was in the New Directions. He knew his McKinley experience and his Broadway expertise made him the more qualified person here to talk about anthem. Fine! If they didn't want his advice, he would just shut up for the rest of the day.

*

Blaine was beginning to understand David's anger towards Thad: he could surely be a prick. He saw how much Kurt was hurt and began coming up with an idea. He not only wanted to make Kurt feel more welcome but he also wanted to restore things with his three best friends. That was why he was rushing after Kurt when the rehearsal was done:

"Kurt! Wait up!"

"What?"

He was taken aback at Kurt rudeness:

"Wow! Didn't mean to piss you off."

Kurt snored and smiled:

"You didn't. Sorry, this anger is not towards you."

"I know; that's why I wanted to invite you to come to my place tonight to have a little Warbler reunion with Wes and David. We can trash Thad and try to convince those two with some ideas for regionals. What says you?"

Blaine was looking hopeful at his friend who was taking a while considering things. Kurt curled one side of his lips in a smile as he answered:

"I say... what time should I be there?"

*

Kurt was nervous; simple as that. He had been at Dalton for a while now and everyone was friendly with him. However, the only person he had really bonded with was Blaine; and this bond had been threatened by Kurt's rushed confession of his feelings. Standing at Blaine's door waiting to meet him and his two best friends was making the butterflies in Kurt's stomach act like they were having a party.

Soon, Blaine opened the door and smiled at him. No matter what had happened between them; that smiled could do things to Kurt and make him forget his worries for a second. Blaine signed him in:

"Come on; Wes and David are already here and David managed to steal a bottle of Vodka from his father cabinet."

Kurt was surprised:

"So this is what you guys do when you hang out?"

Wes laughed at Kurt's remark and smiled welcoming him:

"No; there's hardly ever alcohol involved. But we taught that this Thad trashing needed a lift."

David raised his glass:

"I'll drink to that!"

Blaine was hanging Kurt's coat and Kurt wasn't sure how to behave around the two other boys. Wes noticed it and tried to make him more comfortable:

"How rude of us; we haven't offered you a glass, Kurt."

Kurt got even more nervous and started shaking his hands:

"Oh no, no. no. Please! Me and drinking don't go along very well."

Wes smiled:

"It's okay, Kurt, we won't judge you."

Kurt could tell his smile was sincere and felt more relaxed. Blaine went to get him a Diet Coke in the kitchen and he sat by David's side. The latter turned to him and asked:

"So Kurt, we haven't had that much opportunity to talk. Tell us more about yourself. I'm sure you had some very good advice to share with us but our dearest friend Thad didn't let you finish. Maybe some of our public school experience could help us at Regionals."

Kurt smiled at how earnest and interested David was looking at him and began to talk. As the night went by, he was growing more and more certain that he and these guys could become great friends.

*

Blaine went to the kitchen to get a refill of their snacks. He heard steps following him and turned to see a smirking Wes:

"Blaine-boy! So, how are things at the Kurt department?"

"Wonderful! Tonight was my last proof that we are okay."

Blaine knew that was not what his friend wanted to know but he wouldn't give it to him that easily. Wes seemed to be up to the game as well: he just stood there looking innocent and stealing chips from the bowl Blaine was filling.

Blaine gave up first. He shook his head and looked at his friend:

"Fine! I was scared to death that I would lose Kurt and I'm extremely glad that he and I can still be friends."

"And being friends is enough?"

Blaine looked at him with pleading eyes:

"Please don't make me go there. Kurt is my friend; my best friend. I don't want to put anything in the middle that might risk me losing him."

"Blaine, I may not force you to deal with it but there are things in the way and one day you both will have to face it. He has dealt with his feelings but have you dealt with yours?"

"What you don't get, Wes, is that I guess there are no feelings to be dealt with."

"You guess, but are you sure?"

Wes raised both his eyebrows at Blaine to emphasize his point before leaving to the living-room with the bowl of chips.

*

Kurt got home feeling happy with himself. The night at Blaine's had been incredible. Wes and David were funny and appeared to like Kurt as much as he liked them. And Blaine was relaxed with them; almost as relaxed as he was when he was alone with Kurt. Well, as he was before Kurt telling him he secretly hoped to be serenated by his best friend.

But tonight old-Blaine was back. The Blaine that Kurt was used to; not the awkward Blaine of the last weeks. Kurt felt more relaxed to just be himself with that. He also had been an awkward version of himself lately.

One thing was sure after tonight: Kurt had made his decision. After seeing Blaine as he saw tonight, Kurt knew he wouldn't give up just yet. He couldn't anyway. Even if he didn't feed them; his hopes were as high as ever and he feared there was nothing he could do about it. He would try to impress his best friend. He would turn his flirtatious side on and see what happened.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.2K 551 24
A Glee Fan-Fiction. Kurt and Blaine are happily married and have adopted a child. However life is not simple as they struggle to have society and som...
1.8K 20 18
Rachel Berry had enough of being bullied at McKinley, so much to the point where she decides to spy on Dalton's Glee Club--The Warblers. Upon meeting...
50.6K 749 69
Kurt and Blaine met in the halls of McKinley Highschool and immediately fell in love but them being in love comes with alot of consequences and Kurt...
43K 882 11
Kurt options to hide his normal sarcastic, witty self whilst at Dalton. When he breaks the rules and invites his girls for a sleepover that gets cras...