The Salvatore Sister (A Klaus...

By RebelChild99

The name is Evangeline Salvatore, my goal is survival. In a world of vampires and werewolves it's survival of... More

The Salvatore Sister (A Klaus Mikaelson Story)
Chapter 1: The Past
Chapter 2: Mason * Chapter 3: Masquerade
Chapter 4: Vamp-Napped
Chapter 5: Plans
Chapter 6: Richmond
Chapter 7: Klaus
Chapter 8: Mystic Falls
Chapter 9: Deals
Chapter 10: The Dagger
Quick Author's Note
Chapter 11: Drinks
Chapter 12: Kill Me
Chapter 13: AlaricKlaus
Chapter 14: Curse
Chapter 15: Stefan
Chapter 16: Ray Sutton
Chapter 17: Chicago
Chapter 18: Betrayal
Chapter 19: Mikael Mikaelson
Chapter 20: Illumination Night
Chapter 21: Hatred
Chapter 22: Compulsion
Chapter 24: Meetings
Chapter 25: Remembrence
Chapter 26: Broken Trust
Chapter 27:Polite Chit-Chat
Chapter 28: Kat
Chapter 29: Technology Sucks
Chapter 30: The Mikaelson Maze
Chapter 31: We Can Break
Chapter 32: Asshat
Chapper 33: Decade Dance
Chapter 34: Doppelbitch
Chapter 35: Alaric The Indestructible
Chapter 36: Gone Wrong
Chapter 37: The Bitch Is Dead
Sequel

Chapter 23: Scotland

9.1K 245 33
By RebelChild99

(This chapter is dedicated to Rinamx for her comment on Chapter 22) 

Evangeline POV:

Scotland, TWO WEEKS LATER

"Did you sleep well?" Katherine questioned me as I walked into the kitchen-or rather, one of them. This house was larger than the boarding house, but what did I expect from a 13th century castle. Aside from the creepy aura.

I nodded my head. "Yeah, surprisingly I did."

"You didn't have that dream again?"

"No." I lied, hoping she wouldn't catch onto it. For the past few weeks I've been having nightmares about a man I wasn't even sure I knew, but I knew he was British and I knew he wasn't Kol. I hadn't seen his face, but his voice was enough to rattle my nerves. "But speaking of that nightmare, I was hoping we could leave Scotland or at least this house."

"Whys that?" She asked, taking a blood-bag from the fridge before handing it to me.

I shrugged. "It's just, the nightmares started when we first got here. I thought maybe if we left, they'd go away for good."

"Sure," Katherine nodded her head, "I'll speak to Kol about it while you call your brothers."

She gave me one last smile, walking out of the kitchen as I opened the blood-bag before taking my phone from my pocket and dialing the #1 speed-dial.

Damon: Little sister, why are you calling?

Evangeline: Well Katherine thought I should notify you that we are leaving Scotland.

Damon: Katherine wanted you to do that?

Evangeline: Yes, she's my friend Damon, stop doubting if she cares enough to suggest talking to my brothers.

Damon: It's not that I doubt her; it's that I'm waiting for you to start doubting her.

Evangeline: You'll be waiting for eternity, brother.

Damon: We shall see. Now, I know you didn't just call me to say you were swapping countries, what else did you want to talk to me about?

Evangeline: I did only call you to tell you that, but now that you mention it, I've got a question to ask you.

Damon: What is it?

Evangeline: Could I stay at the Boarding House? I'd like to meet these people the two of you speak so fondly of, let's not get started on that girlfriend I've heard about.

Damon: I don't think that would be the best of ideas, Eva.

Evangeline: Stefan is just getting off a ripper binge, I think the best thing for him would be for his big sister to come there and kick his ass.

Damon: As your older sibling, Eva, I'm saying no.

Evangeline: Come on, Damon! I haven't seen you in ages and I miss you.

Damon: Well when this ripper binge blows over, Stefan and I will fly in for a visit. Maybe even bring that girlfriend.

Evangeline: What's her name again?

Damon: Elena, Elena Gilbert.

Evangeline: I knew she was a founding family member. How is that council going?

Damon: Well I'm the head of the council, and the mayor and sheriff know what Stefan and I are, so things are good.

Evangeline: So why can't I come to Mystic Falls then?

Damon: Because, I said you couldn't.

Evangeline: When did I ever listen to you?

Damon: Never, but there's a first time for everything. Take the advice, Eva, stay away from Mystic Falls.

Evangeline: Don't count on it, brother.

Damon: You know I will, sister. Where do you think you'll be headed? And don't say Mystic Falls or even America for that matter.

Evangeline: Maybe France, maybe Australia, maybe Brazil. Who knows? I may even have to trek through the Antarctic.

Damon: With Katherine? Could you really see her in an Antarctic expedition far away from civilization and shopping?

Evangeline: Yes. I climbed the Himalayas with her.

Damon: Forgive me if I find that terribly hard to believe.

Evangeline: I'll be on my way now. Goodbye, brother.

Damon: Have a nice time, little sister.

As I hung up the phone I looked to the entrance of the kitchen where Kol was leaning leisurely in the archway as Katherine came to stand in front of me. "You want to go to Mystic Falls?" She asked me.

"Maybe in a couple more decades," I assured, "but until then, I'm feeling up for the glorious beaches of the Bahamas. Who's in?"

"Do I look like I wear bathing suits?" Kol questioned, gesturing to himself.

I scoffed. "You can't tell me you've never been to a beach before."

"I've never been to a beach before."

"Seriously?"

"Seriously."

"Well now we're definitely going."

-

"Have I ever expressed my utter hatred for airplanes?" Kol questioned us as he looked out the circular window of the plane we were on. A compelled private plane, Katherine had basically stolen it.

I nodded my head. "Only on every plane trip we've ever been on."

"Well I hate them." He informed us for the thousandth time. "Aren't you a little against the fact that we can fly, it's unnatural."

I snorted at him. "We're vampires, what's natural for us?"

"Snatch, eat, erase. That sounds pretty natural to me."

"If you said that to a human, they'd put you in an asylum." I told him as I got up from my seat to grab a blood-bag from the cooler. "Not that that would really work since you'd probably snatch, eat, and erase the doctors."

“It’s more likely that I would just kill them, that’s much easier.”

Katherine rolled her eyes from her seat nearest to the liquor cabinets and bar. “The two of you have spoken non-stop since we departed from Edinburgh, do you ever stop talking?”

“No, but that’s what you get for suggesting we took a private plane.” I grinned at her as she took a large sip from the scotch in her hand; I’m assuming it didn’t taste very good since the ice had melted a while ago. “How much longer is the flight?”

Kol glanced at his new phone, which replaced the one he had lost a while ago. “Maybe another 2 hours.” I groaned, plane trips bored me far more than a long boat trip; which was pretty boring as well.

“I would compel the pilot to go faster, but I don’t particularly enjoy the thought that we could hit another plane and be blown to pieces.” Katherine stated as she finished the warm glass of scotch, choking slightly at the horrid taste.

Kol smirked at us. “I can’t be blown to pieces.”

“Lucky you, we can.” Katherine retorted, gesturing to herself and I.

“That happens to be your problem, not mine.”

“So you’d let Evangeline here bite the big one?” Katherine raised an eyebrow at the Original, I’m still surprised they don’t hate each other. “What a great friend you are.”

“I’m sure Evangeline won’t mind using a parachute.”

“You guys bicker like my brothers.” I spoke up, glaring across the plane at them. “That’s a pretty difficult thing to do, considering that’s all my brothers do.”

Before either of them could respond, Kol’s phone began ringing. He immediately checked the screen. The name ‘Elijah’ was there, which most likely meant Elijah had been woken from his dagger induced slumber, which had been nearly 20 years long.

Kol excused himself before getting up to take the call, not that we couldn’t hear what was being said from the bathroom compartment.

Kol: Hello brother, I see Niklaus has rid you of a dagger.

Elijah: It was actually Damon Salvatore, he tells me you have comp---

Kol: Yes I have, it was at Katerina’s request.

Elijah: Since when do you know Katerina?

Kol: Since she removed the dagger from my chest.

Elijah: Why on earth would she do that? She’s already an enemy of Niklaus.

Kol: I’m sure you know why, brother. Now what is it you need?

Elijah: Niklaus will be getting his coffins back and if he notices you’re missing, he will not be happy.

Kol: So I’m needed in Mystic Falls then?

Elijah: Yes, that’s not a problem I’m assuming?

Kol: Not at all, brother, I’ll be there soon.

Elijah: Make sure your appearance hasn’t changed, you know Niklaus pays attention to detail.

Kol: I know everything about Nik, it’s only been a thousand years.

There was no talking after this and I assumed Kol or Elijah had hung up the phone. I looked over at Katherine, completely shocked. “Klaus is in Mystic Falls? Is that why you and my brothers haven’t let me return?”

“Angie, it’s not safe for me there and you know it. Klaus will kill me and then he’ll kill you for being with me.”

“Why didn’t you just tell me? I would have understood! You didn’t have to lie.”

“I’m sorry, but I thought it was the best way.”

“Why are my brothers still there? They could be in danger! I need to get back there!”

“That’s not a good idea, Angie.”

“Don’t tell me what I should be doing! They’re my brothers!”

“They can handle themselves against Klaus, they have Elijah now.”

“But Klaus has broken the curse! All it would take is one bite and my brothers could die!”

“Elijah can keep them safe, you know he’s a moral person. Klaus betrayed him, Elijah won’t be blind enough to take his side.”

“That doesn’t mean I should just ignore the fact that my brothers have run into the most powerful creature alive! He could kill them, not to mention dagger Elijah again.”

“You aren’t going there, Evangeline.” My gaze snapped to the left where Kol stood, one of his shoulders leaning against the doorframe. “It isn’t safe for either of you to be near him.”

“And it’s safe for you to go back there? For my brothers to be there? I know almost everything about him, Katherine prepped me for a meeting with him that never took place. I know his weaknesses, his fears, all of it!”

“Knowledge won’t protect you from the wrath of my brother, nothing can protect you from it.”

“What about Mikael? Isn’t that the reason Klaus was gone when I arrived in New Orleans and the reason your siblings fled?”

“Mikael’s dead.”

“That’s impossible, he’s an Original. You guys cannot die, not for good.”

“Mikael had the only weapon capable of that, Nik killed him with it.”

“So you’re going back there? What’s to stop him from killing you?”

“The stake could only be used once, it burned up the second Mikael was killed.”

“Elijah said you needed to be daggered, so Klaus wouldn’t know you were missing. Why hasn’t he noticed it sooner? You’ve been out for decades!”

Kol and Katherine shared a quick look, one that I could not interpret. “He keeps his coffins in a certain place all the time, he doesn’t check them every day or even every century. But your brothers got possession of them and he’s going to check them.”

“What do you mean? My brothers stole the coffins? Klaus will surely kill them now! You need to let me go and get them out of there!”

“I’ll make sure your brothers are kept safe, just trust me.”

“You’re going to be in a coffin for God knows how long, there’s no way you could assure me of that.”

“Elijah can, call him.”

“He was daggered for telling me where Klaus was, he’s not going to risk that again.”

“He’s a friend, Angie. Maybe not to me, but he is to you.” Katherine spoke up for the first time since Kol spoke, letting me know she agreed with Kol’s plans. “Just borrow Kol’s phone and call him, I’m sure he can forgive you.”

“What if he doesn’t?”

“Then be glad you’re in favor with Kol, I’m sure Elijah will agree if Kol asks. But I know he’ll forgive you, you weren’t the one that killed him.”

“Fine, just give me a phone.” Kol slid his hand into his jean pocket and pulled out his phone, punching in the pass code before tossing it to me.

I went into his contacts and typed Elijah in the search bar, pressing the green button beside his name. The electronic was pressed to my ear and I waited as it rang a few times.

Elijah: Kol, what do you need?

Evangeline: Not Kol, it’s been a long time Elijah.

Elijah: Evangeline, to what do I owe the pleasure?

Evangeline: I’ve heard your brother is in Mystic Falls, Kol refuses to let me go.

Elijah: You’re worried they cannot handle themselves.

Evangeline: If it isn’t a problem, I was hoping you could keep an eye on them. I’ve lost too many people in my life, I don’t intend to lose them.

Elijah: That’s not a problem, I’ll make sure they’re safe from my brother. Just worry about keeping yourself out of his path and leave the rest to me.

Evangeline: Thank you, Elijah. I was worried you’d resent the fact you were killed protecting myself.

Elijah: I knew it was a risk.

Evangeline: Then why did you do it?

Elijah: He couldn’t kill me permanently, I wasn’t worried about myself, I was worried he may kill you for your association with Katerina, you can die. I felt it as the proper thing to do.

Evangeline: You’re too kind to me, it’s not just Klaus that hates and resents Katherine.

Elijah: Unlike my brother, who is impulsive, I take the time to think. I understand that Katherine is your closest friend, even before you were a vampire, it’s honorable that you’d risk the wrath of my family to protect her.

Evangeline: As I said, much too kind. Thank you again for agreeing to keep my brothers safe, even though you didn’t have to do so. I would have understood that.

Elijah: It’s my pleasure, just keep yourself and Katherine safe.

Evangeline: I will. Keep yourself safe, you know Klaus isn’t going to appreciate your arrival.

Elijah: Goodbye, Evangeline.

Evangeline: Goodbye.

I pulled the phone from my ear and hung up, looking to Katherine and Kol who were both looking at me. “Here’s your phone.” I handed the electronic to Kol who put it right back in his pocket.

“Seeing as my brother has agreed, will you agree to stay with Katerina?”

“Yes, I promised your brother that if he watched my brothers, I would keep myself safe.”

“No matter what?”

“No matter what.”

Hey there! I’ll definitely be posting a Hazardous chapter later today, since I didn’t do so on Saturday, I may also post Chapter 24 of this story as well, but that’s only IF I HAVE TIME. I hope you enjoyed this chapter, you can tell me what you think in the comments or in a PM. I prefer PMs over using the message board because I don’t get notified when you post on my message board.

~Mikaela Kelewae

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

467K 29.6K 93
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
459K 9.5K 36
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
138K 4K 24
13 year old Melody Grace has lived in an orphanage her whole life, until she gets adopted by her idols.
10.9K 218 43
Famous psychologist, Aspen Brooks, moved from Starling City to Central City to see her best friends, Caitlin and Cisco. She moved here even after she...