(More Than) Just Friends.

By brunnette_barbie

"Oh come on now Levi. There's no need to be threatened. I don't want Kylie... Yet," he said before going upst... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Chapter Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
UPDATES COMING SOON

Chapter Twenty

157K 1.8K 469
By brunnette_barbie

20

::Kylie's POV::
I opened my eyes slowly.

The first thing I saw was Tyler's sleeping face.
Aww. He was so cute. His hair was in a bunch of different directions and his light breathing filled the room. I'd began to love sleeping with him every night, but I had a feeling Ms. Thompkins would soon become suspicious if we continued being so careless.
I peeked my head over his body to see what time it was on the alarm clock.
Two fifty-eight in the morning.
I guess I should have suspected that it was the middle of the night from the brilliant moonlight that poured into the massive windows.
The room was gray with touches of midnight blue and indescribably enormous. How large ONE persons room was showed once again how blessed this family was. And the smell... The smell of Tyler's room drove my hormones into a frenzy every time I stepped in here. It was this woodsy, musky scent that I couldn't get enough of. It clinged to Tyler wherever he went, so just imagine being in his room! One whiff of him and I was a complete goner, which probably played a factor of why we were always in his room and never mine. *gasp* He knew my weaknesses already!
I laid back down for a moment and just tried to relax. I wanted Tyler so bad right now. The mere thought of his abs.. UGH his abs. Okay Kylie. Breathe. I was undeniably in heat right now and all the things that I wanted to do to him ran throughout my mind.
We really hadn't done anything since we were in Florida, but that wasn't my choice. If it was up to me, we'd be 'together' every single night. Day in and day out. In the morning before breakfast, during lunch, after dinner, WHENEVER.
Unfortunately for my hormonal body, he wanted to take things slow. Boys and their stupid respect.
Next, I reluctantly removed his muscular arm from around me. I had successfully done so, but now here came the hard part.
I carefully slid my leg from around his waist, knowing that one wrong move would surely wake him up. Since we'd gotten together, he apparently 'couldn't sleep' unless my leg was wrapped around his waist.
I completed this task and cautiously sat up. And that's when..
"And where do you think you're going?" I heard a raspy voice ask. It was extremely sexy, but I wasn't going to tell him that. I was trying to get OUT of the room, not stay forever... Which now that I thought about it, didn't sound that bad after all.
"The restroom," I said bluntly.
He chuckled. "Liar. You're trying to sneak out of my room again aren't you? Am I just a booty call to you?" Tyler joked.
Such the comedian. When did he take situations seriously you ask? When a time comes, I'll be the first person to let you know.
I sighed and looked at him. And when I did, I wished I never would have. The sheets revealed his rock hard abs, that I desperately wanted too much right now. I stared for so long that he had probably already noticed my peeping eyes on his torso.
"You got me," I stated and turned back around to put on my leggings.
"So I am just a booty call. Noted," He asked with sarcasm thick in his voice.
I got up and walked over to his side of the bed. By this time, he'd sat up; So when I came over, he was able to grab my hand and force me to sit in his lap.
"I can't keep sleeping in here with you," I told him.
"Why not? You don't like it?"
"Nooo, it's not necessarily that," I said as his hands traveled up and down my thigh.
"Then what?" He whispered in my ear. "Because I know you like sleeping next to me."
I hated how much utter control he had over me. One touch in the right place, or even a whisper in my ear could make me go wild. I'd never experienced something like this before. He knew exactly how to push my 'buttons.'
I quickly stood up and backed up towards the door. In a quick second, Tyler was up too. He was cornering me and as soon as I tried to turn around and open the door, his arms were trapping both sides of my body. But then again, I really didn't want to move. His 6 pack was pressed against my stomach while his nose lingered close to my neck.
I could feel his cool, steady breaths against my skin and I couldn't tell how my body would react from close contact with him like this.
I couldn't let him win, not again. Even if I wanted him to.
I wrapped my arms around his neck and placed my lips on his ear, kissing it delicately. His arms fell from around me and I knew then, he was slowly falling into my spell.
I kept up the act as I used one hand to moved up and down the side of his stomach. Next, I kissed his lips. They were extremely soft and I had forgotten that quickly what I was really trying to do.

.... Oh yeah! Get out the room, okay.

I carefully removed my hand from his torso and placed it on the doorknob.
After turning the knob secretly, I whispered in his ear. "Goodnight Tyler."
And before he could do anything, I slipped out the door, retreating to my room.

::Tyler's POV::
I was sleeping SO GOOD last night, well up until Kylie left my room because she wanted to all of a sudden act shy. Her absence ENSURES my sleep deprivation and the sad part is, she knows it! She knows I need her leg around my waist to sleep well, but she pulls stunts--like the one last night--anyway.
She was ... Something else, but that's what made me care for her so much. Her unavoidable mood-swings were just as appealing as her beautiful smile and I loved her. I loved her so much and I tried slowing down with her, but I couldn't. For now though, I had to keep these feelings to myself. I didn't want to scare her off.
I went into the restroom, splashed some cold water on to my face and brushed my teeth thoroughly before making my way downstairs. The aroma of bacon, French toast, omelets and coffee were driving my nose crazy, so imagine how my stomach was feeling! If I didn't make it down there soon, I was sure to start drooling at the mouth any second now.
When I finally made it into the lovely kitchen, I saw the back of a familiar physique that made me forget completely about the food. She was standing next to the counter, putting a slice of toast on her plate.
I ran up and grabbed her waist, surprising her immensely.
She gasped and turned around quickly. "What are you doing?!" She whispered.
I could feel just how excited, panicked and anxious she was just from her heart beat. It was racing.
We'd been together only for a few days, but by now I already knew what drove her crazy.. My touch.
She looked over my shoulder to make sure my mom wasn't in the room.
"What?" I asked.
"She was just in here a few minutes ago," she said.
"Well when I was coming down, I heard her on the phone," I stated while using my thumb to point in the direction of my mom's room upstairs.
"Well she's probably going to be back soon.. So," Kylie said and turned her back to me, facing the counter again.
I went and sat at the table. "I don't understand how this is such a big deal."
She turned to face me. "She nearly caught us the other morning Tyler!"
"But she didn't babe," I said.
"Yeah because you shoved me off the bed," she added dramatically.
"But who decided to actually hide under the bed? That was all you," I said and smiled.
She rolled her eyes. "Whatever. I don't want to keep lying," she said just as my mother walked in.
"What are you two talking about?" My mom asked.
"Oh nothing," Kylie lied and came to the table. She sat next to me, while my mom sat in front of me.
"What happened to not wanting to lie?" I whispered so only she'd be able to hear.
She punched me in the stomach, under the table.
"Hush!" She whispered back.
I loved her feistiness. She was incredibly.. Everything I ever wanted.
Suddenly, I'd lost my appetite as I tried to think of ways to surprise Kylie some way, to show her how much I care. I didn't want the only way for us to be together was sneaking around in my room. She was worth more than that and she sure as hell meant more to me than that.
I felt Kylie slide her hand into mine, underneath the table. I noticed my mom wasn't paying attention because she was with her phone. I quickly looked at Ky.
"Are you okay?" She mouthed.
I nodded and rubbed her hand with my palm.
"So you guys," my mom said and finally looked up from her phone.
We both gave her our undivided attention, wondering if she'd seen our quick, but intimate communication.
"I'm going to be going out of town," she said. "I have some business to take care of in Oregon. I'll be gone for at least three days," she said hesitantly.
"Okaaayyyy..." I said wondering what else she was going to say. Where was the important part?
"You're not mad?" My mom asked.
"Why would I be mad? I'm grown. I can take care of myself," I said back and she thought for a second.
"You're right..." She mumbled.
"Is everything okay?" I asked. She was acting strange.. Well stranger than usual.
She hesistated for a minute. "Umm yeah. Just meeting up with my real estate agent, she couldn't fly up here.." I just watched her for a moment. "Well I guess I'll go get packed!" She said and smiled before rushing upstairs.
"Your mom is so weird," Kylie said and we smiled at one another .
"I'm going to go see if she needs any help packing," she said before standing and following my mom upstairs.
I was ready for my mom to leave. Of course I loved her, she was the only parent to really care about me, but let's face it. A house alone with Kylie?! That was almost too good to be true. I had so much in store for her this week. She had no idea.

::Kylie's POV::
I walked into Ms. Thompkins' room.
"Do you need any help packing?" I asked politely.
"Oh no sweetie, I'm mostly packed. But thank you," I heard her call from the bathroom.
From the burnt smelling aroma and how concentrated she sounded while talking, I took a wild guess at her curling her hair.
I walked around her room curiously. Out of all the years they've lived here, I'd never went into the master bedroom. It was decorated very exquisitely. In the middle of the room was a king sized canopy bed with a lavender comforter. Her walls were a light beige--that matched the carpet--and they were covered in picture frames with family photos.
As I was practically touring her room, I noticed a yellow envelope with multiple papers on top of the bed.
It looked pretty serious and my curiosity completely took over at this point. What were these papers? Were they the reasons why she was going out of town? Or was her whole 'real estate agent' meeting true? Because their house is paid for.. So what would be the need of meeting with a real estate agent?
I peeked over into the restroom, making sure she wouldn't see me. I knew it was wrong to snoop through her stuff but I couldn't help it. I was dying to know.
"Just a peek," I whispered to myself before glancing at the papers.
When I did, I nearly gasped.
'Divorce information packet,' I read.
A divorce?!? I thought Mr. Thompkins lived close by but he couldn't be home because of work or something! But then again, that was stupid of me because he's retired. So why the hell would he be AWAY from home while he's retired?
She'd been lying to me all these years.. Lying to her sons.
I scrolled down the sheet at the information for the wife and husband.
'Husband: Javier Alvaro. 562 Autumn Springs Rd, Medford, OR."
I stepped back a few paces. That's why she was going to Oregon? Because the line for his signature was completely blank, so that must be what she's after. So she could get a divorce from him.
"Okay I'm all ready to go," she said happily as she stepped out of the bathroom. Her suitcase was in her hand and she stepped over to the bed to collect the papers.
I smiled as she walked over towards the door. "Have a safe trip Ms. Thompkins," I said and hugged her before she left.
How was I going to tell Tyler about this?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

304 15 24
'Well, will you be my girlfriend?' 'You're supposed to be on one knee, idiot.' I get down on one knee. 'Will you be my girlfriend, Skye?' She acts...
45.9K 845 38
**If you see or read this book on any other platform, it's been stolen and plagiarized. This is the ONLY forum that has my permission to publish my...
2.1M 82.9K 68
how far would you go . . . for someone you love? ♔ Levi steps forward, placing himself between me and Jack. Like he's protecting me from him. But I d...
2.9K 90 23
I swallow nervously looking away from him "I have them for you." He says quietly. "Have what?" I say lowly, wanting to hear him say it the same way h...