I'm his hikari and he's my ya...

By XxEverwolfxX

YamiXYugi More

I'm his hikari and he's my yami (Yugioh YamixYugi)
Chapter one: A somewhat normal evening
Chapter two: Surprise birthday party
Chapter three: Last birthday gift
Chapter four: I'm what?!
Chapter five: Baby shower
Chapter six: Baby shopping and room decor
Chapter seven: Doctor visit
Chapter eight: He or she?
Chapter nine: Where's Yami?
Chapter ten: Still no sign
Chapter eleven: Not them too
Chapter twelve: They want what?!
Chapter thirteen: False alarm
Chapter fourteen: Hope
Chapter fifth teen: Labor pains
Chapter sixteen: Clues
Chapter seventeen: Second chance
Chapter eighteen: Tracking
Chapter nineteen: Our sweet miracle
Chapter twenty: Release day
Chapter twenty one: Homecoming fiesta
Chapter twenty two: First few days of fatherhood
Chapter twenty three: Babysitting adventures with grandpa
Chapter twenty four: One year
Chapter twenty five: On the right track
Chapter twenty six: First birthday
Chapter twenty seven: Tracked, found
Chapter twenty eight: The plan
Chapter twenty nine: Rescue
Chapter thirty: Home at last
Chapter thirty one: Catch up
Chapter thirty two: Hi little one
Chapter thirty three: Off on the wrong foot
Chapter thirty four: Accidents happen
Chapter thirty five: Sleepover in the ER
Chapter thirty six: Settling down
Chapter thirty seven: Day at the beach
Chapter thirty eight: What's wrong?
Chapter thirty nine: Engagement
A/N
Chapter forty: Bachlor party
Chapter forty one: The night before
Chapter forty two: Wedded til death do us part
Chapter forty three: After party
Chapter forty four: Yami's hangover
Chapter forty five: Sweet lullaby on a stormy night
Chapter forty six: Bedtime blues
Chapter forty seven: Three year anniversary
Chapter forty eight: Surprise surprise
Chapter forty nine: Date night
Chapter fifty: Will you?
Chapter fifty one: Planning
Chapter fifty two: Fitting
Chapter fifty three: Family night
Chapter fifty four: I love you daddy
Chapter fifty six: Tears, sadness, and sorrow
Chapter fifty seven: Heaven is the face of a guardian angel
Chapter fifty eight: Final preparations
Chapter fifty nine: 24 hour wait
Chapter sixty: Wedding bells
Chapter sixty one: Reception
Chapter sixty two: Honey moon

Chapter fifty five: I don't want to lose you

372 15 2
By XxEverwolfxX

Hana's been fine pretty much all day. She's played and laughed with her toys and us. Now that dinner's over and she's played a little longer, it's her bed time. She yawns and her eyes flutter sleepily.

I watch as she curls up on the floor. "Awe, our sleepy girl." Yami coos and gets up to grab her , beating me to the punch. I smile and relax. He's got this. Yami's been an amazing father since we got him back. he's made me so proud of him. I wouldn't change it for the world. 

Yami picks her up and cradles her close. She snuggles against his chest and takes a fist full of his shirt in her little hand. I smile widely at the sight, my heart overwhelmed with adorableness. I would follow behind, but I don't want to wake her since she's not completely out just yet.

Yami returns five minutes later. "Well?" I ask curiously. He smiles and sits down, pulling me in his lap. "Snug as a bug in a rug." This makes me really happy. "I'm glad she didn't give you any trouble." "I think she may have been too worn out to this time." "Probably, but it's still a good thing. I'm glad she's starting to accept you more." "Me too aibou." I kiss his cheek and he smiles. "We should probably get to bed ourselves. We never know when she's going to wake up in the middle of the night." "Alright, let's go then." He tightens his grip and holds me as he gets up. He carries me back to the room and we get ready for bed.

Hours later after we had fallen into a nice comfortable sleep, we wake up to Hana screaming and crying. I quickly jump up and rush to her room. I get in there and pick her up, bouncing and rocking her and comforting her to my best ability. She stops screaming, but continues to cry.

I hear Yami sprint into the room shortly after me. Yami's gotten into the habit of sleeping naked from time to time. So I assume he was quickly trying to find a pair of boxers or something. "What's wrong with her aibou?" He asks, wrapping his arms around me loosely. "Butt change maybe?" "Mm, maybe.." I check her butt and she is a little full. "Looks like she does need a diaper change." I feel Yami let go and watch as he quickly grabs the wipes and her a fresh clean diaper. I appreciate his help. I go and do what I need to do to change her.  I get her all cleaned up and changed. Her cries soften some, but not completely. I groan, frustrated. What could be the matter with her? "What should we do aibou?" "I'm not sure.." I go and feel her forehead and for sure enough, she's burning up. "Koi... She's burning up..." "Uh oh, I'll go get a cold rag." Yami leaves as I stand here still trying to soothe her. I hope I can calm her soon. Her cries are deafening. My ears are still ringing.

Yami returns shortly after he leaves. I stopped rocking her and stand still for him to put the rag on her head. This helps slightly cool her off. I gently sway from side to side. I hope this is just a common fever and nothing too serious.

Ten to fifth teen minutes later, she seems a little more calm and relaxed now that her cries have pretty much stopped. Granted that she does still feel warm, she is not burning hot to the touch like she was earlier. I flip the rag over and then lay her back down in her crib. I turn my attention towards Yami. I take a deep breath and let it out. "I think she's starting to feel better now." Yami nods in agreement. "I hope so. I hate seeing her like this." "Me too. If you want you can go on back to bed, I want to stay here and watch her a little longer. I can't really sleep now." I get into her diaper bag and pull out her fever medicine. "No, I want to stay right here with my babies." My cheeks heat up and I nod in understanding. "Alright." I get the medicine out and give her the dosage she needs.  She doesn't like it, but deals with it. "There, hopefully this will make her feel better." I put the bottle back up and then go sit in the armchair across from her crib. I watch him watch over her and sleepily smile.

I jerk up at the sound of more crying. I don't remember falling asleep. I notice Yami and I also don't remember him getting in the chair with me. He too had nodded off as he rests his cheek on his hand with his eyes closed.

I jump up and go to my poor baby girl. I scooped her up out of her crib and gently bounce her in my arms. Her fever has come back with a vengeance. She doesn't even feel like she cooled off a little like she had the first time. "Yami!"  I call out of desperation. I hear him stir. "I, I think we're going to have to take her to the hospital..." "W-What, why?" He asks, sleepy and confused. "S-She's not cooling down at all anymore." I choke back my tears wanting to be strong for her and Yami. I hear Yami get up as I sniffle.
I feel him pull me into his arms and hold me. "Alright koi, we'll get her all better in no time." He tries to reassure me. I nod as I softly cry. Yami lets go of me and goes to get the phone.

Yami comes back as fast as he can with the phone up to his ear. I can't really hear if someone has answered yet or not. I guess someone finally does because right after he walks in, I hear him talking to someone. "Yes, I need an ambulance. My daughter is really sick and I don't know what's wrong with her." Yami goes quiet for a moment before speaking again. "Yes. Okay. Thank you so much." After that, I hear him give the person our address and then let the person on the other end go. "Okay aibou, they're on their way." He says as he puts his phone in his pocket. I nod, continuing to gently rock and soothe Hana. Yami wraps his arms around me again and holds me close.

The ambulance arrived within ten minutes. Everything happens in a blur as the paramedics arrive and take her from me. Yami and I get in the ambulance with her. We sit down and watch as they do the rest. It breaks my heart more to see her like this. She cries and cries until they give her something to calm and relax her. I turn and lean against Yami. He pulls me into his lap and rubs my back soothingly.

The ride to the hospital was relatively short, but it felt twice as long with everything going on. As soon as the vehicle stops, they rush her out and inside. We're not too far behind until she gets put into an emergency room. One of the doctors steps aside and tells us to wait in the waiting room. We agree and go wait.

We've been sitting in the chairs and I just can't sit still or think straight. I'm so worried and scared. I never want anything bad to happen to her. I've had small scares with her in the past, but nothing like this. Yami does his best to soothe me. I lean into his touch and snuggle close.

They eventually call us back and tell us how she's doing. They tell us that we brought her in just in time. I nod and let Yami do the talking. "So what's wrong with her?" Yami starts off.  The doctor explains that she has the flu. The doctor said we caught it so early we wouldn't have known that it was the flu until tested. I relax a little more. "But is she going to be okay?" Yami asks. "We're not very sure on that just yet. We did catch it early, but not that early. Has there been anything else she's done that's different than her usual self?" The doctor asks. I think about it a little and realize a thing or two. "She hasn't really been eating well and she's sleepy off and on all day. She'll be fine for a few hours then want to go to sleep." "I see.." The doctor then proceeds to scribble the notes down on the clipboard in hand. He looks up from the clipboard when he's done. "Alright I'll be back shortly to check on her and see how she's doing. You're free to stay with her though." I go quiet and Yami thanks him. "Okay, thank you." The doctor smiles and leaves. I go to her side and watch her.

I stand there silent watching her. I then hear Yami's voice. "It's going to be okay." I feel him take and squeeze my hand as I stand by her crib hospital bed. "What if it's not?" He goes silent for a moment. "W-We'll figure it out if we ever have to cross that bridge, but I hope we never have to. I'm sure she's going to be okay." I sigh. "I, I hope so....."

A/N: This update took a long time to get out I know. I had just about half of it typed up before a lot of things came up and then holiday hours at my job started. So I'm truly sorry that I couldn't get this story finished in 2017, but now I'm really determined to get it done in 2018. But on the bright side is that this update is on the longer side so I hope you enjoy your late Christmas/New Year's gift.

Yugi- M-My poor baby girl.....

Yugi sniffles, trying to hold back tears. I feel bad as I watch him and nibble on my lip. Yami pulls him onto his lap and cradles him against his chest.

Yami- It's going to be alright aibou. We'll get through this.

Me- Don't worry Yugi, the doctors will take good care of her.

Yugi starts softly crying against Yami's chest, his tears staining his shirt. Yami takes a deep breath and holds him tighter. He also kisses on his temple.

Yami- I hate to say it Rose, but now's not a good time to do our end of story commentary.

Me- Right....

I reach over and start rubbing Yugi's back soothingly, too worried about Yugi to sign off like usual.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.4K 340 12
A hikari cannot live without a yami. A hikari without a yami has a year to live and will slowly vanish, the said hikari will become particles of lig...
3.6K 157 16
"Even though I love the staring, I'm not going anywhere aibou." Yugi is depressed because of Atem's leaving his world. Yugi knows that he is in a bet...
55 0 1
This is a cute story I wrote about Yugi falling in love with a bad boy and Yami is not happy about it.
11.2K 123 13
You are Playmaker in the world of GX