Reach × A twilight saga ficti...

By kiraalicex

✿ COMPLETED ✿ irrevocably - adverb • in a way that cannot be changed, reversed, or recovered. My life irr... More

》the visit
》gift
》esme
》confessions
》the cullens
》sketches
》carlisle
》fainter
》pale faces
》wild ride
》seth
》mental war
》relapsing
》close to me
》brother
》sweet 16
》time
》rage
》odds aren't
》prom?
》dress up
》early arrivals
》Marliya Rose
》growing
》milestones
》holidays
》around the world
》reunion
》mending hearts
》late arrivals
》Wolfe Fray
》planning
》unexpected guests
》married ♡
》crash and burn
▪the end▪

》unwanted weakness

12.3K 282 56
By kiraalicex

After my bath I make sure to clean my thigh carefully and ensure the bleeding has stopped before I wrap the soft, white towel around myself. I go to the bedroom and grab some black leggings and the hoodie I had on before, slipping them on carefully. I sit back on the bed for a moment, patting the braids a little with the towel to dry them slightly.

I did some thinking in the bath and I've decided that whenever I can, I am going to leave this family and let them go back to normal. Somehow I'll run away; I can't just leave, I'll get lost in the forest. I'll have to wait for the right moment. And I can't let myself get too attached to them, any of them. They don't need me here ruining their perfect family...

My thoughts are interrupted as I hear a gently knock. First Edward now who? "Yes?"

Carlisle comes in quietly and closes the door. His expression looks torn, like he's trying to think of how to word what he's about to say. "You know... me and Esme are here for you. More than just as foster parents. We want you to trust us, to be able to come to us and talk to us, Adley. And we can still have our talks, like we did every day at the hospital. Okay?"

I nod slowly as I subconsciously rub my thigh. "Thank you... is the food ready?"

He nods. "Um yes. Esme heated you some left overs up; you need to eat before your next meds anyway."

I nod and stand, giving him a small smile as I follow him to the kitchen. Everyone seems sadder, but like they're trying to hide it. When I walk in, they all disperse and leave, making me frown. Wow... don't I feel unwanted now.

Esme smiles as she takes a dish from the oven. "Do you like lasagne?"

I force a smile and sit at a bar stool. "Yes thank you - it smells delicious." I say as she plates it up.

"Thank you. Jake, Leah, Seth!" She calls and I hear heavy footsteps that definitely don't belong to a Cullen.

The tan boy from earlier and two other people come in, looking rather hungry. How is Jacob hungry after eating a family bag of chips earlier?

They each grab a plate and sit down, scarfing the food down like savages. I watch in amazement, giggling a little as I eat slowly.

Seth looks over and his mouth hangs open. "Woah... hi..."

I blush deeply. "Hello..."

Jacob smirks and shoves him. "Seth you're blushing dude!"

Leah sniggers. "Awh my baby brother has a crush!"

Seth growls and mutters under his breath as he stares at his plate. Esme chuckles as she cleans the dish and wipes the sides down. I feel Carlisle watching me but I try to ignore it as I eat what I can; I'm more engrossed in watching how the other three eat. They look rather out of place here, too tanned against the pale Cullen clan...

"How do you like the room?" Esme asks.

"It's amazing. It'll take me a lifetime to read those books." I giggle.

She smiles. "You should see the collection Carlisle has. Oh and don't get me started on Edwards CD collection!"

I giggle and eat a little more as we talk. She made me feel comfortable and loved and I feel the ease setting in again. It's like I've lost all control of my feelings here but maybe that's because I don't have snot telling me how I should feel about things, I can feel for myself now. Plus I'm on less medication so who knows.

Once I finish I get up and go to wash the plate only to have Esme take it from me. I go to protest but she smirks. "Nope, go sit down."

I scowl. "Aren't mom's supposed to make kids do chores? Shouldn't I be scrubbing the bathroom or something?"

She laughs. "No! I'm not like that."

"My mom is." Seth grumbles and I giggle a little.

Esme pushes me towards the living room and I sigh, heading in there. I feel Edward now staring at me as I walk in, watching me closely. He and Jasper are the only ones in there and I seem to have disrupted their conversation.

"Um I'm sorry..." I say about to turn around and leave.

"Don't be, sit." Edward says.

I nod small and slowly sit, looking at my hands as I pull my knees to my chest. Edward and Jasper share a look, neither of them saying a thing. I feel a wave of tiredness creep over me and I yawn wide, leaning my head back against the couch. Where did this come from?

"Adley, are you sleeping?" I hear Carlisle say. I hum a little in response and he chuckles. I feel myself being picked up easily a few moments later. I want to protest but I'm way too tired to.

Moments later I feel myself get placed on the extremely comfortable bed, the covers being tucked around me. I fall even deeper into my slumber as I feel soft but cold lips on my forehead and someone whisper 'sleep tight' in my ear.

×××××

I vaguely remember Carlisle waking me to take my medications, but the next thing I know I wake up to the sun beginning to rise. I stretch and slowly sit up, watching as a few rain drops begin to splatter against the window. I watch as it begins to pour rain and I sigh. I was hoping to go for a walk or something but I can't risk getting sick in the rain...

I feel a little dizzy as I get up but ignore it, heading downstairs. The house is quiet, but I suppose that's because everyone's asleep. I go to the kitchen and get myself a glass of water, leaning against the kitchen counter as I take small sips.

I close my eyes for a moment and when I open them again a blonde woman is stood across from me, staring. I jump a little and realise it's Rosalie, the sister I haven't met.

"H-hi." I whisper and smile gently.

She doesn't say a word to me, just shakes her head with an angry expression and storms upstairs. I frown and look down, wondering what I've done...

"Adley right?" I hear someone say and I look up. Holy crap, he's bigger than I thought. He's literally a bear!!!!

"Yes... Emmett right?" I smile, forcing myself to be polite and act like I'm not bothered by Rosalie.

He smiles. "Awesome. Welcome to the family kid." He winks and disappears after Rose.

I giggle a little, momentarily forgetting my previous mood. I rinse the glass and carefully walk to the living room. Carlisle looks a little surprise to see me, but not as surprised as I am to see him.

"Why are you awake, sweetie?"

I shrug. "I needed a drink."

He nods and sets his book down, standing from the couch. "How do you feel today?"

I sigh. I guess I can't escape the big C word for more than 5 minutes. "I'm fine."

"You look a little pale... can I take your blood pressure?" He suggests.

I feel myself wanting to give in but I realise that this isn't the hospital anymore. "I'm fine, Carlisle. I promise." I'm not, I feel like a donkey just kicked me then an elephant swung me around but I won't admit that. I want to be in control now.

He sighs. "Okay... okay." He mutters something to himself and shakes his head a little, clearly not convinced; nana always said I am a bad liar.

I smile small going back upstairs. Once I'm in my room I drop the facade and curl up like a fetus on the bed, taking slow but deep breaths. The nausea should pass soon, it usually does...

But it doesn't. Moments later I feel myself rushing to the bathroom, only just making it to the toilet as I throw up. I gasp as I squeeze my eyes shut and grip the basin.

I must've been loud, even though I was trying to be quiet, because Alice is suddenly in the doorway with Emmett a few feet behind her. "Em, grab Carlisle before he leaves." She orders as she kneels beside me.

I pant a little. "N-no no I'm fine!" I protest. She ignores me and grabs a towel for me to wipe my mouth on, brushing some hair back from my sweaty forehead as she flushes the toilet.

Carlisle appears, stethoscope around his neck; he must've been heading to work. "Adley, everything okay?"

I hiccups. "F-fine, just feeling a little s-sick." I whisper and wipe my mouth again.

"No, no you're not. Emmett, call the hospital and tell them I won't be in. Alice, can you go grab my other bag for me?" He orders and both disappear. He lifts me into his strong arms and carries me to my bed, settling me down gently.

"Please don't fuss, I'm fine. It happens sometimes..." I try to reason with him, wanting him to just go do his job and help people who deserve it.

"Adley, no it doesn't. You and I both know that." He shakes his head and listens to my heart, checking my heart rate.

Alice brings the bag and he straight away starts taking my temperature and blood pressure. I lean my head back and close my eyes, giving in and letting him work.

××××

"You're staying in bed until I say otherwise." Carlisle says as he writes down his findings from his examination of me.

I just nod and stare out the window, knowing there's no point arguing. I don't have the energy to argue right now. He sighs, knowing I'm upset, but doesn't dig and leaves me be. Alice quietly comes in and sits beside me silently.

She sits there for a while before she speaks. "Do you want to talk?"

I sigh. "About what? About how I still have no control over my life? Or about how I've come in and ruined your family life? Or how about how Carlisle now isn't going to work where more deserving people need him? Rosalie hates me. Edward hates me. I shouldn't be here. I should have died a long time ago."

"Don't say that again." She scolds me, frowning. "Edward does not hate you, he, like the rest of us, cares very much for you and are concerned about you. And Rosalie is sometimes a bitch but once you get to know her she is not so bad. You are very valued and you do deserve Carlisle's attention. Him and Esme have so much love to give and they care very much for you. One day you will see that."

She pulls me into her side and I don't fight. Because the next thing I know I feel myself sobbing into her neck as she holds me close, rubbing her hands up and down my back. "We're gonna help you fight this, Adley; we are going to love you more than you've ever known." She whispers to me.

Once I am all cried out I just stay with my head on Alice's chest, hiccuping occasionally. My hand subconsciously goes to my neck and I fiddle with the little pendant on my necklace.

Alice smiles small as she looks at it. "Thats beautiful. Was it your nanas?"

I nod small. "She never took it off until the day she died." I whisper.

Alice kisses my head. "I'm sure she is watching over you right now."

I shrug and pull the covers closer to myself, cold as I lay against her. She tucks them around me as Esme brings a sandwich and some water in for me. She doesn't say anything as she climbs on the other side of me and she too begins to cuddle me.

Alice giggles. "I haven't cuddled Esme in many years." She says half heartedly.

Esme smiles. "My two girls. And you, Alice, are never too old for cuddles." She teases.

I smile gently; all of them have such an amazing bond, much like the one me and nana shared. I sigh slightly at the memory but smile again as Esme and Alice chat as we lay there.

I close my eyes, not to sleep but to just listen. I can hear them talking, the birds in the trees, the rain pattering against the window... then I hear arguing.

I open my eyes and see Esme and Alice share a look. Alice carefully transfers me onto Esme and rushes downstairs to see what's going on.

Esme looks nervous as she turns the tv on and the volume up. I stare at her as the sound of the argument gets drowned out.

××××

▪ Alice POV ▪

I was more than happy sitting with Esme and Adley, until the arguing ruined it. I rush downstairs to see Edward and Jasper yelling at Rosalie, while Bella and Carlisle try to break it up.

"ENOUGH!" I yell.

They all look over at me. "Are you guys kidding me!?! Adley is sick! She doesn't need to be listening to your childish bickering! If you want to fight then for God sake take it outside and away from her! She cannot find out about us, you know that!" I snap.

"You two, go hunt!" I point at Jasper and then Edward. I turn to Rose. "And you. Quit your moping and suck it up. Do something for someone other than yourself for once, you stupid woman! Not everything is about you!"

Everyone stares at me in silence for a moment. I suddenly see Rosalie packing a bag as Emmett tries to convince her not to. I glare at her once the vision ends. "Don't you DARE. That would break Esme and you know it."

She looks at me and sighs, walking out. Oh, of course, because that's what Rosalie does best. I roll my eyes and go back upstairs, taking a breath to calm down before I go back to Adley's room.

Esme looks over as I come in, Ady snoring softly. "What's going on?"

"Nothing. Everything's fine now." I smirk and she let's out a small laugh and then a sigh.

I climb back in beside them and lay my head on Esme's shoulder. "I never have thanked you and Carlisle..." I say after a moment.

"For what?" She asks looking over.

"Accepting me. I saw you guys would but... still. My visions aren't always right, plus you never had to take us in the way you did." I say gently.

She leans over, careful of Adley, and kisses my cheek. "Don't be silly, baby girl. You were meant to be my daughter."

I smile; I truly was. So was Adley; and I'm going to help her see that she belongs here. Edward said he's been listening carefully since the other night and he can hear the doubt that plagues her mind. He understands why she may feel this way but what none of us can understand is why she pushes us away. For now, we just need Jasper to help her stay calm and Edward to make sure she isn't planning her escape.

I once spoke to Edward about why he could never leave Bella be, she was just a human after all; he used to get this look of love and longing in his eyes that made me understand. She's more than just a human to him... and I know this isn't the same kind of love, but I cannot leave Adley be. She's like a sort of sister slash daughter to me, something I never thought I'd have.

All we need is time; time to make her better and time to make sure she knows she's loved. But I fear we may not have enough time for one of those...

×××××

▪ Adley POV ▪

I wake after my short nap and see I'm alone. I rub my eyes, carefully sitting up and taking the sandwich from the bedside table. I mostly pick it apart, eating some of the filling and small pieces of bread, before I sip the water. I am feeling better, but still crappy.

The house is quiet once again so I decide to find a book and sit by the window to read; it is still light out and I always prefer to read in natural light. I grab two pillows and the covers and make myself a little bed in the corner of the window, against the wall. I grab one of the books from the many sat on the shelves and settle down to read.

I get a few chapters in when there's a knock at the door. I look up as Rosalie stands there, looking not too happy to be doing so. "Carlisle wants you." Is all she says before she walks away.

I blink a little in shock; such a soft voice made to sound so hard and cruel... I sigh and slowly stand, heading to find him. He's just made it to the top of the stairs as I near the end of the hallway.

He smiles. "There you are. Any better?"

I shrug small. "I guess."

He motions for me to follow him into a room and I do so, looking around. It appears to be an office, his office. Dark wood panels the wall, but I don't really notice it; what I notice most is the art and the books. An entire wall is covered in paintings, all rather old looking. However, what makes me even more curious is why many of them appear to be missing...

"Take a seat." Carlisle pulls a chair up for me.

I sit down carefully and let him do his thing. He works quickly and quietly as I look around. "Well your temperature is back to normal which is good. And you ate, right?"

I nod and he seems happy by that. He notes down his findings again and then sits at his desk opposite me. "A little birdy told me you like to draw."

"Shelley has a big mouth." I blush.

He chuckles. "True..." he teases. "But I've seen what you can do. Maybe soon I can take you up the mountain so you can draw or something?"

I look over at him, a little bit of excitement bubbling inside me. "You'd do that?"

He nods. "Of course. As long as it isn't raining and as long as you tell me if you aren't feeling well. Deal?"

I think for a moment. "Okay, deal."

He smiles, pleased I agreed. "Okay, today's question. If you could come back in the future as one thing, what would it be?"

I sigh and think; he's always loved to question me, make me think hard. "Um... maybe a robin. Or eagle. Some kind of bird." I smile gently and see his raise an eyebrow in curiosity so I explain. "I've never been free... I could go anywhere, fly, feel the air beneath me. I bet it would feel amazing to be so weightless... Or I would be a sloth, sleep all day." I try to joke lightly at the end.

He smirks a little. "Thats a very thoughtful idea. But Adley, you are free now. I promise; you're not stuck in the hospital or confined to a bed. We aren't going to say no to you going out and doing things, we just want you to be safe."

I nod. "I know, Carlisle, I know. I didn't mean it that way." I feel a little guilty he took it that way. "What I meant was that I've never been able to let go and be me... I've never been a normal teenager or even a normal girl. I don't have a family, or friends, I don't have the usual teenage girl issues that others my age do."

He nods slowly. "I get that. But you're wrong." He smiles. I go to protest, but he continues. "You do have a family; you have us."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

579K 27.6K 53
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
209K 2.9K 19
Cecilia Forbes was engaged to Klaus Mikaelson. She was on her way to tell Klaus she was pregnant but she ended up finding Klaus cheating on her with...
871 67 6
𝘋𝘈𝘙𝘓𝘐𝘕𝘎 𝘋𝘌𝘈𝘙𝘌𝘚𝘛 𝘋𝘌𝘈𝘋 | normally, sasha franklin would never entertain the idea of the supernatural existing. also normally, she wou...
195K 4.8K 33
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc