60 Days with Ben (Completed)

By tinna938

Gabrielle has always watched Benjamin from afar. It was from a distance that she knew that her platonic love... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Penultimate - Chapter 28
Final- Chapter 29
Epilogue

Chapter 23

243 13 0
By tinna938

31st Day

I started with a little color on my face. A little sun exposure by the pool yesterday, made a more attractive tone on my skin. I remember waking up in Benjamin's arms, trying to break free, I felt slightly embarrassed. It was not long before I left, and today I woke up with sudden regret that I had run away from him.

At school, I was visibly grumpy that Ben did not show up. His mother insisted/forced that he should stay home and rest. It would be another day the message exchange. My mother has decreed new rules. I could only go to Ben's house twice a week. And since I had already gone to his home yesterday, I would not be able to go there today. Well, I guess I would have to accept only the message exchanges.

32nd Day

It was after two o'clock when someone clapped in front of my house. I ran to the living room, and my heart exploded with joy as I sight of Benjamin.

"Your mother forbade you from coming to my house, but she did not forbid me to come in yours. We have until which time, princess?"

"6:30 pm," I answered and ran to open the gate.

33rd Day

Ben and I went together to the mall looking for a birthday present for Carla. It was a typical sunny day, but that day it seemed like there was more than one sun in the sky. The bus was empty, which relieved the heat, and it gave me an empty seat to sit on.

I was hesitant about what I would give my friend as a gift. I could not remember anything she needed. She had everything. Her family had right financial conditions. Money has never been a problem for her family. It was then that I remembered that what she wanted was a little freedom. She tried to make her own decisions; maybe this was about to happen. Saturday she would be 18 years old, but her freedom would come when she could sustain herself.

We had already entered two stores and still had not found anything that caught my attention.

"It's gonna take a while?" Ben asked a little bored. Ben had already bought his gift from the first shop we entered. He was quick to choose, did not look too much, he just asked the opinion of a saleswoman, and bought the first blouse he had seen. What puzzled me was that he did not ask for my opinion. I am her best friend. I hope Ben does not think I have bad taste. I hope he does not consider this.

We paused for a snack. While I drank my soda, I was a little embarrassed by the way Ben looked at me.

"What?" I put the soda can on the table.

"Since you are not finding anything material to give, give something emotional."

"I did not understand."

"Does she like pets?"

"I do not have enough money."

"I can buy it."

"No, thank you! The gift is mine. So that means the money has to be mine too."

"Rude!"

"So, don't start offering to pay things for me."

"Elle, can you stop? Or do I have to go and shut you up with a kiss?" Ben did not know how to be discreet at the most times. I felt a few pairs of eyes stuck in me. I did not want to look around to see the faces of curious people. Ben did not say just for me to listen, but for the whole cafe too. He knew how to shut me up.

"Douchebag!" I whispered.

"I know you like me."

"That's what you think."

"Are you going to accept my idea? We can go out looking for an abandoned puppy. We are not going to have to pay, but it is going to be a job to find one. Do you think your friend would like it?"

"I think so, but there are her parents. I do not know if they will approve the idea."

"They do not need to know. They will not make us return after we're there."

"Why are you so against the rules? But, I'm in."

"Great! Keep a piece of the sandwich inside your bag. We'll need it."

"Why don't you keep?"

"It must be because I do not have a bag. Are you ashamed?"

"No!"

"But you're blushing."

"You do not want to leave my face in the natural color. Okay, it is done. Are you feeling better?" I threw the sandwich piece quickly into my bag.

"Much better."

We left the mall toward Benjamin's madness. He was stubborn and inconsequential when he wanted something.

"Is not it better for us to go to an abandoned dog shelter?"

"That's right, but we wouldn't be taking a dog off the streets."

"Since when do you care about the abandoned dogs?"

"Benjamin is not just a pretty face."

"Ben, do not make me believe that you are an idiot," We stopped, waiting for the traffic light to turn green. As soon as the traffic light turned green, we crossed the street in the crosswalk.

"My mother has an institution for needy children," Ben said.

"I didn't know that."

"When I was a kid I used to go with her at least once a week to pay a visit it. I used to play with some kids there. At least they did not see me with a devilish brat," Ben smiled.

"I never thought you cared what others thought about you."

"I do not care, but this is not a nickname to give to a child. I was an angel," I nodded, knowing that this was not true. "What is the vision you had of me when I was a child? Do you remember? We never communicated with each other. But the neighbors liked to draw my parents' attention to me."

"I remember you were much terrible. Of course, all the female children wanted distance from you. Their games were dangerous."

"I did not murder any children with them."

"Ben, you're hopeless."

We had been walking for half an hour. Something told me that he did not know exactly where we were going. He led me through some streets until we entered a neighborhood I did not know.

"Don't be afraid. I'm here to protect you," Ben laughed. He held my hand, resting his head on my arm.

"Just tell me where we're going."

"Not for an auto hotel," I blushed at what he said. I released my hand with a bump as he burst out laughing.

"I'm leaving, and I'll leave you alone."

"You wouldn't do that."

"Say another bullshit thing, and laugh at me again, and you'll see what I'm capable of doing."

"Autohotel is not bullshit," I shot him with the look. "Okay! I'll stop! I will confess. I had combined to meet Fernando today. He gave me the address," Ben took a piece of paper from his pocket and handed it to me.

"And the search for the dog?"

"The dog belongs to him. He is ashamed to give it to Carla. It is a mutt, and Carla is like a designer girl. It is a mutt, and Carla is like a rich girl."

"She is not like that."

"Fernando feels inferior to her."

"He should not. Carla does not throw her fortune in anyone's face."

"You couldn't understand him. He has a particular way of seeing things. Ben picked up his cell phone; he slid his finger across the screen and began searching for Fernando's name on his long mobile calendar. I went closer to observe, Fernando of Carla.

"Am I reading this?"

"If you still do not need to change the degree of your glasses, I think so."

Ben called Fernando explaining our location. He showed up a few minutes later.

"Hi, guys!"

"Hi!" We said.

We followed the shy boy until his house. Two boys were playing in the backyard, and I could not help noticing the familiarity with Fernando. The two stopped play suddenly and began to fight over the ball. They exchanged small offenses against each other while Fernando tried to stop them.

"Thank I never had any siblings," Ben said.

"Sorry for them," Fernando said uncomfortably.

"Keep calm. I will not tell anyone," Ben said.

Fernando guided us inside. He helped Ben with the wheelchair. We went to the kitchen and from there to the back of the house. I heard the cry of a puppy.

"I found them abandoned a few days ago. I'm giving away."

"Give away, or do you want to give a girl some gift?" I asked Fernando who answered with a shy smile.

"It's not to say to her that is mine," I down and got one of the puppies in my hand. I took it to Ben, who refused.

"Why not?"

"If it to pee in my lap? I am not fit to defend myself."

"Nando, is that you?" A girl who appeared to be five years old entered the door.

"No! It's his clone paying a visit," The girl held out her tongue to Ben, who, with his adult manner, answered in the same way.

"Do not care, Gio. It is Ben. He has some serious problems, but sometimes he can be cool. That is Elle. Guys, this is my sister, Giovanna," I replied with a hello. The girl walked up to me and took the puppy from my hand. "She doesn't want to give away!" Fernando said trying to explain her sister's aggressive attitude.

"They are all mine."

"It's not, my dear, I believe Elle has already chosen."

"No! It's all mine!" The girl answered a little angrier.

"What a selfish girl! You look like that little boy from Lazy town. These puppies are mine, mine, mine, mine. That birdy's tweets are mine," Ben imitated the singing, I didn't hold back the laughter.

"You're ugly!"

"The girls do not think so. My girlfriend does not think so," Ben said looking at me waiting for my confirmation.

"Ben, are you arguing with a child?"

"Your girlfriend is ugly, too," What beautiful child, I will soon have to act the same way as Benjamin and respond in the same way.

"Giovanna, enough! We cannot keep all the puppies. You know this," The girl lowered her head with tears in her eyes.

"The next time you call my girlfriend of ugly, I will not remember where my wheelchair brakes."

"Enough, Benjamin?" Fernando said to him.

"Now, I think so."

Fernando got a cardboard box, where we could put the puppy. It was getting late, and I had to get home before my mother.

"Will you?" Ben asked Fernando as we waited for our bus. The boy was holding his bike; Fernando seemed to think about it minutely before answering.

"I will try."

"Do not worry about driving. I'll come to get you," Fernando looked intrigued at Ben. "My father will take us."

"Much better."

We said goodbye to Fernando as soon as we saw our bus. Already inside the bus, the glances came towards us, while the puppy was shaking and barking from inside the box.

I walked with the box in hand to Benjamin's house. He would be responsible for the puppy until Saturday, or the puppy would be accountable for him. How Carla often came here at home, I did not want her to raise suspicion of why I had a puppy in my house. I said goodbye to the little creature with yellow hair mixed with a few shades of brown and put it back in the box.

Ben promised he would get a safe place in the house for the puppy to stay. It would pass quickly through the gate rails, so it would have to remain locked for a few days. I put the box on Benjamin's lap. He gripped my arm, drawing me closer to him. He pressed his lips to mine as I felt him drop my arm, and his hand goes to my waist. I felt light pressure on my skin. His kiss was more exhilarated than the previous ones; his hands seemed to touch harder on my body. I held him in his hair as I pushed him away from me.

"Ben, not like that."

"I'm sorry, I got carried away," I looked back the search for curious looks. I did not see anyone. The only creature that was there was the puppy that barked constantly.

"We have to combine some rules."

"For what rules if I have not yet put my hand where it should not?"

"Ben, I'm going to put my hand on your face," Ben smiled shamelessly. "I am serious."

"I know. I did nothing wrong, Elle. Admit it. I know you like being kissed like that."

"Even if I like it, it's not going to happen."

"For a while."

"You... You... You're an idiot."

"I'm not saying this to annoy you, or make you embarrassed, or make you stutter. I just want you to trust me to talk about any subject."

"Ben, we were together not long ago, I will not be talking to you about it."

"That's right. I am not going to keep insisting or pressing you to anything. I will try to be a good boy. Now take the box off me, and put it on the floor," I did as he asked. "Now sit down," I stood in the same place. "I will not catch you for strength," I stayed in the same place. "I'll understand this how you're mad at me," Ben held out his hand to me, I held him and seated in his lap. He hugged me affectionately. A little reluctantly, I return the gesture, although he is not to deserve. "I'm an idiot; you already knew that. I just do not want you not to hate me when I act like one."

"I will never hate you. I met you like that, I have no right to want you to change your way of being, but I can ask you to respect my limitations. I love you, but that does not mean I have to give in so fast."

"If I tell you I love you now, will it seem like I'm saying this just so that every situation gets more favorable to my side?"

"It depends on why you want to tell me that."

"Because that's what I feel because it is the truth. I love you," I hugged Ben stronger. I laid a kiss on his neck, wondering what would be the difference between him saying that he loves me and I am in falling love you?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 137 43
You are in university, and a handsome young English teacher arrives. What happens when they start feeling things for each other?
446 83 10
{Complete} Rachel's world was shaken when she lost her sight five years ago in a car accident that killed her father and younger brother. A few month...
1.7M 112K 45
{Highest Ranking: #1 in Short Story} Liam Walker's life changes drastically when he watches his best friend Allison Parker get hit by a car. The inj...
190K 7K 34
McKenzie is like any other teenage girl: makeup, parties, and boys. But when a horrific car wreck alters her life leaving her paralyzed and her best...