The Tattooed Devil Wears Chuc...

By authorMayLynn

🥇 Highest Rankings: #1 Action #1 Chicklit #1 Mystery #1 Teen Fiction #1 Thriller 2018 Watty's Long List 🥀... More

Author's Warning
Prologue | Normality
A Luxberg Night
The New Neighbor: Courtney
The New Neighbor: Jax
The Criminal
The Game
The Probation Officer
The Secret is Out
Chapter 7: Birthday Games
Chapter 8: Alfie Tats
Chapter 9: The Call
Chapter 10: Sisterly Advice
Chapter 11: The Lake
Chapter 13: The Truth
Chapter 14: "Two is our limit."
Chapter 15: The Dress
Chapter 16: The Dance
Chapter 17: The Assembly
Chapter 18: The Broken Girl
Chapter 19: The Talk
Chapter 20: The Jail Bird
Chapter 21: "He'll be lucky to have children."
Chapter 22: Whispers
Chapter 23: Game Over
Chapter 24: Boy Issues
Chapter 25: Thank You
Chapter 26: Caught
Chapter 27: The Senior Party
Chapter 28: The First
Chapter 29: Good Morning
Chapter 30: The Three Disappointments
Chapter 31: Forbidden Call
Chapter 32: Honesty
Chapter 33: Daddy Dan
Chapter 34: The Date - Part I
Chapter 35: The Date - Part II
Chapter 36: The Other Broken Girl
Chapter 37: Graduation
Chapter 38: A Shift in Normality
Chapter 39: Unknown. Sunday 10:23PM
Chapter 40: The Graduation Party - Part I
Chapter 41: The Graduation Party - Part II
Chapter 42: Population 499
Chapter 43: Sleeping Beauty, a Criminal and a Correctional Officer
Chapter 44: The Discussion
Chapter 45: The Endless Day
Chapter 46: Gone
Chapter 47: The Drive - Part I
Chapter 48: 25th Birthday Memory
Chapter 49: The Drive - Part II
Chapter 50: Vikings Game Memory
Chapter 51: The Engagement Party
Chapter 52: Restless Night
Chapter 53: The Sleepover
Chapter 54: This Requires Wine
Chapter 55: Helping Hands
Chapter 56: Fake Smiles - Part I
Chapter 57: Fake Smiles - Part II
Chapter 58: The Mind of a Teenage Girl
Chapter 59: "Hurry up"
Chapter 60: The Code
Chapter 61: The Last Plan
Chapter 62: Mud
Chapter 63: The Rehearsal
Chapter 64: The Return to Lake Lux
Epilogue: A New Normal

Chapter 12: "What's your name?"

58.7K 2.1K 871
By authorMayLynn

Gabby.

We may not have been able to see each other but that didn't mean that Jax and I didn't talk on the phone.  We spoke nightly.  It became my favorite part of the day.  We would both pull up the same movie or show on Netflix and begin it at the same time, watching it together.  If my parents asked who I was talking to... Morgan.

"What are we watching tonight, Books?"

"Your choice.  I picked last time."  I sit on my bed doing my homework as I talk to him.

"Hitchhiker's Guide."

"Ohhh. Good choice, Alfie!" I giggle and grab the remote to pull it up.

"Are you coming to Syd's game?" My dad pokes his head into the room. 

"Tell Daddy Dan hi for me," Jax says into the phone with a chuckle. 

I look up to my dad and smile.  "First, Morgan says hi.  Second, I have homework, so no."

"Tell Morgan hello.  We won't be home until like eleven.  She has a double header and a pizza party after at Kane's."

"Okay.  I'll be in the bed by then.  Tell her not to trip as she runs. I heard what happened last time; Cole said it was hilarious."

My dad chuckles and leaves the room.

"Books, are you alone tonight?"

A smile comes to my face.  "Perhaps..."

"Come over and watch this with me."  He demands in a playful way.  "It's not a long movie, you'll be home way before they get back.  Probably before her first game is over."

Now I knew this was a terrible idea.  It's a small town and everyone talks about everyone's business, if someone saw me going into the criminal's house, it could get out.  But for once I really did want to watch this with him.  Because I was a normal teenage girl, with a crush on Jackson Parker.  We had stayed away from each other for the last month and I wanted to hang with him.

"I really shouldn't..."

"I'll make popcorn."

"Damnit, Jax. You know I love popcorn!"

"Come over here and I will make you so much popcorn, Gabby Brooks. Extra butter."

I stare out my window to the house across the street and let out a sigh.  "I'll be over in five minutes.  Jax, I'm holding you to that popcorn."

I end the call, put on my chucks and grab my jacket, heading out into a cool April night.

The announcer of the softball game's voice booms across town as I walk over to the blue Victorian house adjacent to mine.  I rap on the door a few times before it opens.  It is not the tattooed boy I was hoping for; his sister opens the door.

Courtney's face is full of confusion.  "Hey?  Were we hanging out tonight?"

"No," I hear a voice answer for me.  Jax appears behind her and she turns around as he looks at me.  "She's hanging out with me tonight."

Courtney turns back to me.  She looks at me puzzled and then turns back to her brother.

"You two are still sleeping together?"

Jax stares at me. "We haven't slept together Court.  She's here to watch a movie."

Well, this is awkward.  I stand outside with my eyes fixedated on Jax and his on me.  I haven't told anyone about him really.  I'm not exactly sure what this is.  I'm not going to tell people he promised me orgasms.  Him and I haven't even really brought it up since the lake.  We joke about them, but that's it.  Lately, he's been a friend, one that I have a crush on.  It can't be more than that.

"Wait," Courtney holds her hand up to me and smiles.  She turns back to Jax.  "It's been months. You're hanging out?"

"Yes.  As I said, we are watching a movie tonight.  Her parents aren't home and we finally have a night where we don't have to talk on the phone to watch it.  We also don't have much time."  He motions for me to come into the house and I step in.

"Jackson!" She laughs with her eyes big.  "Are you telling me you have not hooked up with Gabby yet?"

My eyes fly back to his.  I'm keeping myself out of this conversation, but this girl is absolutely astonished he has kept me around this long. 

"We fooled around at your party.  Made out once in the lake.  That's it.  We talk on he phone." He sighs and looks back at me.  "Books here is a little too good at the game."

I smile at him.  "That's because it's not your game anymore, it's mine."

He shakes his head at me grinning.  He doesn't believe me.  He's probably right not to.  He will win it.  We have no future. 

"Holy shit, Jackson met his match.  Kudos to you, Gabby," Courtney walks away laughing. I'm sure this will be a phone call between her and me later.

He looks back to me and I almost feel weak in the knees.  This guy is hot and I haven't been near him in a month.  I almost forgot what it felt like to be in his presence, how ridiculously thick the sexual tension in the surrounding air became.

"Where's my popcorn, Alfie?" I grin playfully.

"It is popped and waiting in my room, as promised."

I nod with approval and walk to his room, throwing my jacket onto his desk.  When I turn I see a grinning Jax behind me.

"Hey."

One simple word with his genuine smile has my stomach dancing. My lungs fill with air, my lips curl upwards to match his, and I feel relief. Relief that after so many nights of phone chats and laughter that I'm finally alone with him again.

"Hey, Alfie."

One purposeful step in my direction lands him directly in front of me. One arm wraps around my middle, pulling me as close as he can, before he leans in for our first kiss in a month.  It's slow, greedy and hot. Kissing was not mentioned in tonight's agenda, but I had definitely hoped for it.  Not wanting to stop, but knowing I should, I pull away and grab the popcorn.  I couldn't remove my smile right now if I tried.

He presses play on his remote and we sit on his bed against the wall quietly.  The movie plays and we stay silent.  This almost feels odd.  Usually we talk through the entire movie.  Jax obviously feels the same way. 

He chuckles at the awkward silence and puts his arm around me, bringing me into him.  I can't help but to feel completely relaxed by this.  I set my head on his shoulder and wrap my arm around his waist as he sets his other hand on it. 

"This is how we should have been watching all those other movies."

His comment makes me feel uneasy.  This is how a normal couple should watch movies, yeah. We aren't normal. As much as I want to sit in his bed, being held, laughing like we do on the phone—that would actually be worse. His intentions with me rely on me being with him. Our phones are the only thing granting me more time.

"No we shouldn't," I sigh. "Eventually this will stop and you will be Courtney's brother with someone else on your shoulder."

His chest tightens against me. Jax has no response to that and I knew he wouldn't.   He knows I'm right, but for now, I take advantage that it's me on his shoulder. 

We watch the movie, laughing together during our favorite parts, and now our normal talking begins. We fall back into a routine that is simply us. Only tonight, I stay wrapped in his arms as we discuss our favorite parts of the book and how they compare to the movie.

"They made Trillian too slutty in this part. She's supposed to be dorky-hot."

He laughs shaking his head. "No way. She is perfect in this. I enjoy the slutty Trillian."

I look up to him and giggle. "Alfie, do you have the hots for Zooey Deschanel?"

"Zooey is the only girl for me," he agrees with a nod as he chews popcorn.

"I'll remind you of that someday."

"Jealous of Zooey, Books?"

Yep.

"Nah, it would never happen."

His arms wrap around me tighter as he laughs. "And who is the boy for you, Books?"

"Ed Sheeran."

"Ahh yes, the tattoos," he nods with a smile. "I knew they turned you on."

I just laugh as I grab my popcorn and pop the pieces into my mouth.

The movie continues and I pull his covers up over me.

"Cold?"

I nod my head yes. "I've been freezing all day. It's cool out tonight."

Without saying a word, he lets go of me and stands from the bed. He pulls a sweatshirt out of his closet and tosses it to me.

I hold up the gray hoodie and read University of Northern Iowa Athletic Department in purple and gold letters.

"Athletic department?" I look up to him as I put on the sweatshirt.

"Wrestling, but I think that came from the weight room."

Now, again, I am a normal teenage girl. He just offered me his hoodie and inner Gabby is delighted by this. It's warm and it smells like him, that good manly smell. The one that is a mix of his cologne and his deodorant. It's huge on me, but I don't mind. I wrap myself up in it as he gets back into his bed.

He looks down at me and laughs, shaking his head. "Only you would have me putting clothes on you instead of taking them off."

And here lies my dilemma. I want him to take my clothes off, but that means I am one step closer to losing this. I say nothing to his comment and just stare at him.

"Those are some lustful eyes you're giving me, Books. I thought you wanted to try the friend route and hold off?" he whispers and his eyes switch back and forth from my eyes to my lips.

"I'm trying," I whisper back.

His arm wraps around my lower back and he pulls me close to him, pressing his body tight to mine.

"I'm going to kiss you again," his voice is soft, yet determined. "I need to, because your eyes are telling me those lips need attention."

With my stomach clenching with anticipation, I press my head to his and allow my eyes to close for what is coming next.

Soft lips return to mine. Mouthes open, followed by his tongue slipping between my lips and rolling against mine.   He already tastes like popcorn butter, which I find extra satisfying.

It doesn't take long for our kissing to become greedier—tongues swirl to claim every single part of each other's mouths. We are a mix of my whimpers and his hot growls that vibrate his chest where my hands lay.

I needed this tonight. The crush I have has been hitting new levels, because he's been becoming more than Courtney's brother these last few weeks. More than some guy who got me off in a bathroom. Somewhere in the middle of one of our late night conversations, or silly text messages in the morning, Jax became a friend too. Now I'm just trying to remind myself that he can't be more than that. I like this though, I like his kisses that are rough and hungry. I like how his tongue connects to mine and we both refuse to come up for air.

The pounding between my legs really likes it. My lady parts are very aware that Jax's attention is solely on me right now. With a brush of his pelvis against my leg, I become aware that he too is enjoying himself.

There's something about him that gives me confidence to try new things. So, I begin kneading him through the coarse denim of his jeans, feeling him harden beneath.

"Books," he groans painfully, but with a laugh. "You have a real knack for giving me blue balls when we hang out."

"Not tonight," I nibble at his lips. Tonight I want to make him feel as good as he made me feel the night of Courtney's party.

His brows lift in surprise. I grin and then slowly brush my lips against his as I lower the metal zipper of his pants. After fumbling with the button if his jeans for a few moments, finally, it popped open.  I took another moment to gather my bearings, knowing that this was going to be the first time I've actually touched Jax.  Forcing a surge of confidence, I slowly follow the clearly defined V-shape beneath his abs, beneath the elastic band of his boxers, and take his mildly erect cock into my hand.

Jax sucks in a breath through his nose and slowly exhales as I give my first slow tug.  His response to my touch causes my heart to beat faster.  He's swelling in my hand and now I'm quite aware of his size.  He's large.  He warned me of this the first night I met him, and I've felt him harden against me before, but holding him as he grows is making it very clear that Jax is well endowed. 

His lips press to my jaw and I begin to palm him more, gripping him a bit tighter, at least as much as I can, while stroking him from his base to the crown and using my fingers to gently play with his tip.

"Fuck, Books," he hisses beneath my ear and clutches my thigh.  "I've been dying to have you touch me this way.  You make me so fucking hard when I think of you and I can't stop thinking about you."

His dirty words cause an immediate response in me, causing my core to clench and dampen.  I can't stop thinking about him either.  The phone calls don't compare to chemistry that swirls around us when we are close.  I am living for the sexual tension between us, practically using it as if it were a drug.

I pump him harder, locking my lips to his and moaning into his mouth.  Is it possible for me to come from this?  Because I feel turned on enough that I just might.  The way he grips my leg and pulls me closer, wanting me closer, makes me think maybe for a second that he wants me just as much as I want him—maybe I'm not just a game.  I try and push the thought of him using me and ending this to the back of my mind.

The skin of his cock is warm and soft, coating his impressive erection.  Every time I deepen our kiss, swirling his tongue with mine, he jerks in my grip.  I only remove my hold once, quickly licking my hand so that I'm not chafing him.

"Jesus," he growls when I reapply my hand, returning to a repetitive motion of base to tip.  "I'm going to come."

I know he is.  He's swelling even more in my hand, adding to his girth, and there's a change to his breathing.  Jax at my mercy is a beautiful sight to see.  The sweat beading along his short hairline, the parting of his lips as he tries to hold back moans—he is divine when he's about to release.

The ache between my legs only intensifies when he grips the back of my head and pushes me back to his swollen lips, kissing roughly and way more passionately that I thought he was capable of.  His cock begins to pulsate in my hand, followed by spurts of warm cum upon my skin.  Jax's hips thrust violently, once, twice, three times as his deep throaty moans rumble into my mouth.  Thankfully, our movie drowns them out, limiting the sounds of our private time to this room.

His chest heaves for air as he continues lapping our tongues.  His cock remains firm in my hold, but clearly more sensitive—noted by Jax's hisses when I moved the placement of my fingers. 

I remove my hand, swiping Jax's release onto his sheets.

That's his problem.

"It's my turn, Books," he breaks our kiss, connecting his gaze to mine.  I swallow roughly, unsure of what his current plans are with me.  Is he going to finger me again?  Are we about to have sex?—am I even ready for that with him?  The scary part is that I think I am.  The scarier part is that means at some point I'm going to allow him to use me and toss me aside.  I'm that desperate to spend my time with him that I'm actually contemplating that.  Four times could mean anything to him.  I could get off four times just with his hand and it would be over.  I want to be intimate with him.

Clearly, he reads my worry, pressing a small kiss to the corner of my mouth and grinning.  "I'm still hard for you, but there's no way I'd be able to go again."

I giggle, appreciating his honesty and allowing a breath I didn't realize I was holding to escape.

"Gabby, I have to know what you taste like."  The hand that gripped my thigh leaves its position and traces the seam of my bottoms.  The way his eyes slightly widen and his breathing stops, I know he's able to feel my arousal through the fabric.  "My mouth is watering to taste how sweet you are here."

I bob my head, slightly panicked because this is another first for me.  My heartbeat is throbbing through my clit and he hasn't even touched me yet.  His fingers were amazing and now the thought of his tongue there is causing my nipples to peak inside my bra, making its material feel rough in a good way.

I'm panting already as Jax shimmies off my bottoms and tosses them behind him.  My skin is hot, from the increase of blood pumping though my veins.  I flinch when I feel him grab the straps of my panties and slowly glide them down my legs.

I focus on his ceiling, at the ceiling fan that is currently not moving, and hear him take a deep breath. 

I have never felt so naked before, so on display.  Jax is seeing how desperate I am for him, seeing how wet I got just by stroking his cock.  He takes a few moments, drinking in the sight of me bare.

"Fuck, Books," he licks his bottom lip.  Using his thumb, he brushes it slowly across my clit.  My sex clenches and he smiles wickedly.  "You are so fucking hot.  You're pooling for me and I've barely touched you."

"Yes," I whimper at the feel of his thumb brushing my bud twice more. 

His warm breath is felt on my thighs before he presses a few kisses up them, causing every hair on my body to rise with goosebumps.  The tip of his nose gently parts me already causing me to withe around him.

"You even smell sweet." 

Finally, I feel the first slow drag of his tongue between my slit.  A moan escapes from deep in my throat.  The warmth of his mouth upon my dripping sex was better than I could have ever imagined. 

The next few minutes became a Jax-sexed-blur.  Slow laps became faster and every time his tongue found my clit he sucked and flicked it hungrily.  I was a mess of sounds that I had never made before, primal for him to continue fucking me with only his mouth.  I gripped his head with one hand, needing him to stay exactly where he was and finish with his promised orgasm that was brewing in my belly. 

Everything about this was hot.  I began palming my breast with my free hand, and Jax made it known that he was liking it with the smile I could feel against my sensitive parts.

This time I knew to keep my eyes on him, open wide, locked as he performed a very intimate act.  'No eyes no prize'—I want my prize.  He swirled my entrance multiple times before plunging his tongue into me.  That's all it took. 

I cried out his name and clenched my mouth down on the sleeve of his sweatshirt to muffle my moans.  I was a hot mess, sinking into his mattress while a major orgasm ripped through every muscle of my body.  Jax refused to stop his movements until every droplet of arousal had been consumed and I was licked clean. 

I'm sweaty and gross in the best of ways, riding the high he just sent me on while he presses his sex-covered lips to my thigh and nibbles at my skin.  "So, what's your name?"  There's a cockiness in his tone because he knows just how amazing his mouth is.

I giggle and hold my hands to my eyes.  "Fuck if I know!"

It's whatever he wants it to be.

"Not how I thought movie night was going to go," he laughs and crawls back into the bed with me.

I lean back into him and return to my spot with my head on his shoulder as I sigh.  "Two more."

Suddenly, I'm mad at myself, because I just shortened my time with him.

He tenses up and says nothing, just pulls me closer and kisses my forehead.

We actually missed most of our movie.  It's only another fifteen minutes before I'm putting my shorts back on he's buttoning his jeans. 

"I'll be back, stay here," he leaves the room. 

I stand there, looking around.  This was actually the first time I had been in here.  I hadn't really looked around, but similar to Courtney's room, the walls were filled with band posters.  He had two large bookshelves filled with books and on his floor were his Chuck Taylor high tops.  I didn't think I could be more turned on then I was before, but this room did it for me.  This could have been my room.

He returns and wraps his arms around me quickly.  He placed his face close to mine and he no longer smells of popcorn, just minty.

"I wanted to kiss you again before I send you back over there for who knows how long again."

I wrap my arms around him and kiss him hard on the lips.  He kisses me back and I pull away letting out a sigh.  "I need to go."

He nods and takes my hand as we walk to the front door.  I open the door and begin walking out to his porch and stop abruptly, causing him to knock into me.

"Jesus, Books," he grabs my waist to regain his balance.

As I gaze across the street, I see a car.  Not my parent's car, but a shitty '94 Ford Escort.  I swallow hard as I see Tyler sitting on the swing of my porch.  I don't take another step.

"Jax, will you walk me home?" my eyes don't leave Tyler and I grab Jax's hand.

The more I'm around Tyler, the more uneasy I become.  Something about him irks me.  Almost on the brink of being afraid of him.  It's the way he watches me.  Sometimes he's playful and nice, but sometimes he's creepy, like now.  I don't like it and it makes me feel sick.

Jax looks across the street to the boy on the swing and back to me.  "Of course I will," he nods.

He closes the door behind us and we begin our short jaunt to my house.  I feel my hand begin to sweat and Jax grips my hand tighter in response.

I don't look at him as I walk up the step of my porch.  "What do you want?"  I pull my keys out of my pocket as I maintain my grip on Jax.

"Your parents said you were home," Tyler smiles big, knowing he's caught me in a lie.

"I am now. What do you want?"

"Came to ask you to prom.  I thought you were supposed to stay away from thug?"

My eyes fly up to his.  His creepy smile is there.  I feel Jax tense up next to me. 

"I was with Courtney and asked him to walk me back here when I saw your car.  I'm not going to prom.  Find some other girl to crawl into that piece of shit."

"Then why are you holding his hand, Gabs?"

"Because she's scared," Jax replies for me. 

I look up to him and his eyes are fixed on me with confusion.  He squeezes my hand tighter.

"Tyler, please leave," I beg.  "I'm not going to prom."

"Why? So you can take thug into the house while your parents are down at Kane's?  I think I'll hang around."

"He's not coming in; he just walked me here.  Go away."

I unlock the door and open it.  He doesn't budge from his spot.

"Tyler, if you don't leave I will tell my dad about the lake."

"Gabby, I know you.  You aren't going to tell your dad you lost your virginity at a lake party."

He's right.  What girl would tell their dad about losing their virginity?  Or anything about their sex life?  Not this one, that's for damn sure.

"No, but I will tell him that Kane supplied the booze to your party."

"But I thought you had a crush on Kane?  Or has that changed?"  He glances at Jax, eyeing him up.

Headlights shine down the road and I know in my gut it's my dad.  I can tell by the square shaped lights of his Buick.

"Jax, go." I sigh and let go of his hand.  My eyes don't leave Tyler.

"I'm not leaving you with him."

"Jax, hurry up and go. It's fine."

"No." He grabs my hand again.  "Gabby, you're afraid of him.  I don't know why, but I'm not leaving until he does."

"She's not afraid of me," Tyler scoffs.

"Tyler, you're getting creepy.  Just go home." I plead.  "I'm not interested in the least, so please - just go."

The car pulls into the driveway and again I feel Jax tense up.  We are in big trouble now.

"I told you to stay away from my daughter," my dad yells angrily from the car.

"Dad just wait," I plead.

His face is red.  I can see his blood pressure rising as he only stares at Jax. 

My mom stands behind Sydney with her hands on her shoulders.  "Dan..." she begins.

"Get home now, Jackson," he growls.

"I'm not going anywhere until bar-boy's brother takes a hike," Jax stands his ground.

"What did you not understand about my warning?" My dad glares at Jax.

"Dad..."

"Gabby, I've had enough of your shit.  Senior year is over for you.  No more parties, no more drinking, no friends, no Jackson."  His eyes fly to mine with pure disappointment.

"Would you fucking listen to me for once?" I look at him.

"Gabrielle May!" My mom yells in my direction and I ignore her.

"No! Screw this! Take my senior year; I don't care.  I asked him to walk me home.  Tyler was creeping me out because I won't go to prom with him!  Not Jax's fault Tyler is a prick who can't take no for an answer!"

"What the hell Gabby?" Tyler yells.

"Both of you go home.  Now." He points to Tyler and Jax. 

Tyler walks off the porch as Jax looks down to me.  "You going to be okay, Gabby?"

My dad stands watching us impatiently.  If looks could kill right now, Jax would have died a hundred times over again.

I nod my head yes and frown.  "Thank you for walking me home and not leaving me alone with him."

"Anytime," he answers honestly.

"Goodnight, Dan," he nods to him as he leaves the porch.

I turn back to my dad.  His face remains on Jax as he walks inside his own home.

"Gabby, if I find you with him again..."

"You'll what? Ground me?" I throw my hands up in defeat.

His eyes fly to mine with anger.  "He's dangerous."

"He was the least of your worries of the people on this porch tonight." 

I walk inside to my room and slam the door behind me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 70 27
Falling in love with your worst enemy is not a simple thing for anyone. ############|||||############## Alex Kensington, heir to a vast medical empi...
472K 24.4K 55
He's the guy moms warn their daughters about. Bold, outspoken, and self-confident, Brian O'Brien returns to his hometown only to discover some things...
198K 10.2K 50
{Wattys Shortlist 2022} A one night stand is turned inside out when two strangers discover their shared past. After a skydiving excursion that ends...
219K 9.8K 46
Innocence is subjective. When push comes to shove: things change. And sometimes you just have to try not to explode. Pure's always been bullied for h...