Unexpected | Zelink (modern A...

De PandaDawgBE

(Cover by @Zelinkie) - (Art by finnichang on tumblr) {-------------------} Zelda's eyes were glued to the pag... Mai multe

~Prologue~
Encounter
Conversing
Second Home
Messages
Friendship
Lake
Twilight
Deja Vu {pt. 2}
Trouble
History {pt. 1}
History {pt. 2}
Sword
Confession
Dreams
Familiarity
Worries
The Royal Family
Danger

Deja Vu {pt. 1}

2.7K 74 91
De PandaDawgBE

Link looked around at his surroundings, keeping a firm grip on Zelda's hand as he waded through the tall grass.

They were heading someplace that was not very far from the park itself.

"So...where is it we are going exactly?" asked Zelda. She was behind Link, looking around the nearly-empty field of grass.

Link stopped where he was and turned around, startling Zelda. He smiled and brought her closer with the tug of his hand and grabbed her shoulder, turning her around to face the direction behind her.

Zelda turned her head to and fro, confused. "What is it?"

She practically heard Link's smile as he spoke. "What do you see?"

That was her cue to invest in her surroundings. "Uh..." She glanced around the field, trying to spot something other than the scattered trees and flowers. She turned to look at Link. "Grass?"

Link laughed lightly. "Yes, you can see grass—" he released her and held up a finger, pointing in the distance—"but do you see that big building over there?"

Zelda let her eyesight follow his finger and was rewarded with her "humble abode". "Oh," she said.

Link nodded, slight mirth to his expression as his finger lowered. "Yeah. Have you heard of the rumor about that building? Well, aside it from being the home of Hyrule's richest, of course."

Zelda was a little put on the spot, but she kept her cool the best she could. "Um...that the richest has a daughter?"

Link perked. "Oh, yeah, that I actually forgot." He laughed slightly. "I know he has one but I don't know what she looks like or who she is now, so I just let it go."

Well, you actually do now, was what Zelda had thought but she never said it aloud. "True, true. But...what's the rumor, though?"

Zelda was interested; she had never heard of her family or home having rumors before so that was new to her.

"Well," Link started, "it's rumored that that big ol' mansion was once the castle of Hyrule long ago." He scratched the back of his head. "I suppose it makes sense on why it's so big and overlooking the whole country. As well, it seems to be in the same location as it was over five hundred centuries ago on a map." Link shrugged, smiling at Zelda. "I dunno, they're just assumptions, though, since Rhoam said himself it isn't a remake of the castle. It's kind of weird how those guys up there have such a big secret we, the so-called 'commoners', do not know about..."

Link was looking at Zelda, but Zelda turned back to look at the mansion, an expression Link was not able to decipher. He stared at her side view for a little longer until deciding to loop his arm through hers, smiling at the sudden surprise he gave her after releasing her from the trance.

"Let's just keep going," Link said with a smile. He started walking back in the direction they were once going, Zelda comfortably at his side.

She was silent, but Link was not able to understand why. Was she taking it all in? He was not sure.

"Hey," he uttered. She looked at him as they walked through the grass, alone in the silence of nature.

Link was facing forward, keeping eye on direction. "Isn't it...kinda weird that Hyrule doesn't have a government anymore?" He turned his head to look at Zelda briefly to see her reaction—one of clear captivation, he noted.

"Well...I think it is," he exclaimed. With the feeling of Zelda squeezing his arm within hers made him continue knowing she was interested.

"It's just...we used to have all this kingdom kinda government back then, but now we don't even have that and we're left with just a rich guy watching over us with little to no power—" he peered at Zelda—"just...wealth."

Zelda listened intently. She didn't say anything, which was unusual to both Link and her, but she did not know what to say—Link was right! She was left in confusion and many thoughts because he was simply right.

"I suppose you're right," she mumbled. She looked up into his eyes and saw he was looking at her with a little worry in his eyes.

She wanted to tell him she was fine, but the truth was she wasn't sure if she was. What he said about the castle made the most sense...but...that didn't—it could not—mean she was royalty. It was simply ridiculous! If she was part of that royalty bloodline, wouldn't she have some sort of power the past princesses had? She surely did not have any power.

That sparked more curiosity in Zelda more than ever, so she popped the next topic. "Hey, Link?"

He stopped the walk, turning his head to face her as to not unlock their arms; her hands had grasped his sleeve abruptly, either way. "Yes?"

"Um...if...the royal bloodline still existed," she gazed into his eyes, "the daughter would have the Triforce, no?"

Link tilted his head, feeling her hands start to shake unexpectedly. He briefly glanced at her hands before covering them with his own to calm them down, peering back into her eyes.

He answered her question. "Ah...well...I suppose so... But, the Triforce is said to be passed down each generation to a member of the royal bloodline tied to the goddess. And...," he laughed nervously, "well, there hasn't been any royalty going on around here."

"But does it also not grant someone whatever they wish for?"

"Well..." Link paused. He tightened his fingers around her hand, sounding more confident. "That's what others say, but we can't be so sure. My aunt told me that was what it was for, to grant anyone who held the Triforce in their blood any wish."

Zelda observed his expression, noticing he was going to say more so stayed quiet.

"But...," he inquired, "I read somewhere by someone that it was passed down to at least three people—the Hero, the Princess, and the great evil they have to fight."

Zelda saw a look of uncertainty flash through his face before he added, "I...don't know, though." He shrugged and shook his head.

Zelda softly grunted, unsure how to answer. For some odd reason, though, she felt...uneasy. And it wasn't a good feeling. Link, too, felt the same.

Unbeknownst to the other, they both felt a sudden sense of deja vu right on the field they were on, hands being held.

The birds in the background were chirping while the two were standing in silence, confused on their own.

Link broke the silence off first. "Um...let's just keep going before it gets too late, Zelda." He smiled softly and laced his fingers through her own, having her let go of his arm so that they walked side by side, hand in hand.

As crazy as it may have sounded to Link, he found a sense of comfort every time he held Zelda's hand. Which was why he usually always did it to guide her.

Zelda, on her part, felt a sense of comfort as well but the swelling in her chest was odd enough already.

They walked in silence—comfortable silence. The singing birds were heard, the whistling of the soft wind was heard and created a fresh breeze for the two.

It was about three minutes later when Zelda spoke again. "Are we almost there, Link?"

Zelda saw Link look farther into the distance and squint his eyes, a bright smile making way to his face once he got her answer. He faced her to say, "In about five minutes we will be there, your highness, worry not."

Despite the uneasy feeling she had on the topics of royalty and whatnot, she still giggled. "Thank you, Sir Link."

Link felt relieved the tension was no longer present at that moment. "What for?"

Zelda smiled softly and gave his hand a soft tug. "For...this." She gestured all around, turning back to Link with a grin.

Link had a smile on his face, but he was taken aback. Zelda's own smile was something that had grown on him, but every day they met it started giving her more character and adding more beauty to his eyes.

"Well...," Link smiled bashfully, "it's my pleasure."

Once Link looked back ahead of them, the sounds of nature were soothing to his ears while he collected his thoughts.

Zelda herself has been growing on me bit by bit, and...with what had almost occurred back at the lake is just giving me more to think about. Link glimpsed to his side, watching as Zelda had a content smile on her face in their walk.

He looked back, seeing the scattered ruins in the distance. He sighed and chewed on his lower lip, the squeeze he gave to Zelda's hand making him feel...mushy, in a way.

Were we going to kiss? he thought. I...I don't know what would've happened if we did, is the thing. Do I...like her like that? Link looked at Zelda in the corner of his eye. No. I can't be feeling like that for her. We met only just about a week ago, there's no way my feelings could do total swerve like that after what happened with Mipha.

A frown entered Link's mind, which produced one outside. I guess...feelings just do have a mind of their own, unfortunately.

But..., his thoughts continued in the silence, this is a friendship I do not want to screw up. Yes, Zelda is very pretty and very outgoing and easy to talk to—yes, she also is comfortable enough for me to be myself around, but...I can't love her in that way. It'll just give us both a hard time and ruin what we have, and I can't have that happen again. Mipha and I don't even talk as much anymore!

Link shook his head in frustration, alerting Zelda.

"What?" she asked.

Link turned to her, eyes wide. "Oh, uh...nothing. Sorry, I was just thinking."

Hearing that had made Zelda laugh, which gave Link a familiar pang to his chest.

"You know, Link," she said, "you really do talk more with your mind than you do in person."

Link shrunk himself slightly, about to retort with a blush on his face until Zelda said, "But it's okay." She smiled and nudged her shoulder with his, giving Link a comforting squeeze to the hand in reassurance. "It makes you you and that's what makes you great to me."

Link blushed red, igniting a giggle from Zelda.

"I'm sorry, I really can't hold it in but I just need to say this one thing." Zelda waited for Link to give her a signal to let it out, which was a nod.

She uttered, "I just find it...cute, I suppose, that you always get red pretty easily."

Link was burning now, making Zelda laugh even more. He started to stutter. "U-uhm...thank you? Uh—" He bit his lip, unsure how to respond. Zelda did not know how much her words had an effect on his feelings toward her, and it hurt he could not say anything.

"I prove my point," concurred Zelda. She smiled with a bright aura around her and looked forward, seeing the torn area.

"Whoa," she gasped. She started walking faster, her grip tightening on a red Link's hand to bring him with her pace.

They walked up to a hardly-standing wall, wooden. Zelda used her free hand to graze her fingers over the piece of wood, being careful as it seemed fragile. She looked around the area of the broken building before gazing at what was left of a fence surrounding the area—well, used to.

She turned to Link, who had calmed down during her admiration. "Is this where you wanted to take me?"

Link smiled a little, a nod coming from him. He hummed a "yes" and spread out his free arm. "Welcome to the ruins of what was once Lon Lon Ranch."

"Wha—" Zelda couldn't continue what she wanted to say, the words stuck in her throat. She shook her head in disbelief and kept her eyes on Link. "How?"

"Hm?" Link tilted his head and felt Zelda release her hand from his. A sudden feeling overcame him and out of the blue his hand felt cold.

"Just...how did you ever find out about this? It's in the middle of nowhere!" Zelda laughed incredulously and scratched her head, and despite the confusion she still was amazed.

Link shrugged nonchalantly. "I dunno, I was just exploring out one day and saw this, and I looked into it and apparently it's Lon Lon Ranch, which was very well-known since it was owned by someone the Hero of Time back then once knew."

"Wow...that's amazing!" Zelda laughed breathlessly and shook her head.

"But...," started Link, holding up a finger, "the Hero of Time wasn't the only one who had this...dead building around." He smiled, bringing his hands behind his back. "Many other incarnations of the Hero knew this place."

Least to say, Zelda was baffled. So I'm assuming Lon Lon Milk came from this place... If we're gonna compare the name here, that is, she thought. She turned back to Link's face in focus and smiled. "This is great, really. How did it...die off?" She tilted her head. "When?"

It was Link's turn to smile, a chuckle coming out of him. "Guess the tables turned since I actually know more history about this than you do."

A laugh came out of Zelda. "If I'm going to be honest, I was unaware of this place even existing."

"Hm...interesting." Link reached forward to grab Zelda's shoulder, pushing her ahead of him a bit before loosely wrapping his arm around her shoulders. He initiated a walk around the ruins.

He started speaking. "So...the Resurrected Hero actually used to come here a lot, apparently—as told by my dear aunt—and he would hang around with the Princess and Shalon, who was the owner before it got ruined."

"How...does your aunt know about this?" Zelda looked into Link's eyes, confusion all over her features.

Link took a breather, thinking himself. He and Zelda stepped over a lonesome piece of wood. "Y'know...now that you mention it, I don't even know. Maybe she heard it somewhere? Dunno, I'll ask, or something."

A hum came from Zelda. "Alright. Continue on, then."

A nod came from Link. "Well...when the Calamity hit, that was when it got torn down. It was obviously affected greatly since—" Link turned around, gesturing to the massive house overlooking them miles away—"ya know, it was close to the castle that was supposedly once there."

Unconsciously, Zelda shifted closer to Link's side as his arm tightened. "I...guess that makes the most sense. But—" she twisted and turned, looking around in wonder—"why is it not all gone? It looks pretty...recent for it being almost five centuries ago."

Link laughed. "Well, about that, right after the Hero rescued the Princess and rebuilt most of the castle they also requested a repair on this place."

Fascinating. The blonde smiled to herself, insanely interested. She turned to Link, seeing a small pout on his face which made her tilt her head again.

"Alon, the last owner of this place had passed about two decades after its rebuild; it was a success." Link sighed and stopped walking, standing upon a tattered up bench. "No one had the heart to take over—he never married or had children of his own—and eventually this place was abandoned for a ranch was not needed here anymore. "

To describe Zelda at that moment would've been an understatement to say she was amazed, she was absolutely in awe. "Wow!" she exclaimed.

A breathy laugh came out of her as she grabbed Link's hand, the one hanging over her shoulder, and gave it a squeeze. She said, "I...find it so amazing how your aunt knows pretty much everything about this place."

Link broke a sweat. His voice cracked when he said, "Well...," he sucked in a breath, "Impa told me to keep quiet about this—"

"Wha- really?" Zelda pulled back a little to see his face clearly.

Link nodded, a little pink to his face. "It's all true, apparently, but she doesn't want to tell anyone aside from me because they'll think she's crazy."

"Well, I believe her," inquired Zelda.

A nervous laugh left Link, he brought her closer to his side for slight comfort. "Just please don't tell her I told you this," he begged.

Smirking slyly, Zelda pulled back away from Link and crossed her arms. "And if I do...?"

Link pursed his lips, fighting to keep his posture strong. "I-I'd get in trouble," but then he smirked, "and we'd stop this journey."

Zelda chuckled. Cheeky. "Would you really, though? For both."

She was relieved to see him shake his head. "For the journey thing, no. And, to be honest, I don't find you to be the type of person to tell this to my aunt, of all people." Link laughed softly.

"But, hypothetically, what if I do?" Zelda wondered.

Link brought his hand up to scratch the back of his head, his hand going into the pocket of his sweater. "I guess she'd get mad, to say the least. She wanted it a secret..." He shrugged and brought his hand back out to run it down his face, the other limp at his side as he sighed. "But," he said, "I know she likes you already. Heck," a laugh came out along with a blush, "she's really aboard on the thought of us going out as—" Link choked on his words, bringing a fist up to cough awkwardly into it. He continued. "As a couple, so to speak."

Zelda, herself, blushed lightly. "Oh. I'm...not surprised, really. I've already seen her in action once before."

Link smiled and turned around to face her house, his gaze steady on it. He leaned on his right leg and pouted in thought.

Zelda walked closer to him, looking at the back of his head as multiple thoughts rummaged through his head. She smiled slightly and reached out to touch his shoulder, but she hesitated and brought her arm back to her side. She bit her lower lip and looked past Link to her house.

A couple deep breaths and silence later, Zelda was unable to debate with her mind. Link seemed to be still thinking, shifting at some point in his stance.

Should she tell him that was where she lived? Zelda opened her mouth, but she closed it again. She closed her eyes as well, thinking hard.

Should I do it? Zelda thought. She bit her lip. I mean...I trust him, a lot. He's already proved to me he'd be my friend no matter what; he's...loyal and trustworthy.

Zelda opened her eyes and let out a deep breath, nodding to herself in self-encouragement. I'll do it, she thought, but when Link turned his head and looked at her, all of her confidence left.

"Do you wanna head over to Korok Forest?" Link slid his hand into his jeans' pocket and brought out his phone, checking the time. "It's only five," he smiled and turned back to look at Zelda over his shoulder, "we have time."

Zelda watched as he placed his phone back in his pocket and turned around to look at her. She forced a smile out and nodded, disappointed she was not strong enough to get it out. "Yeah, let's go, Sir Link."

Link smiled and held out his hand, kneeling just slightly. He bowed his head down in a respectful manner. "Your majesty."

Zelda smiled genuinely at that time, a flutter in her heart. He looks so..., Zelda walked forward and placed her hand in his gently, regal. She watched Link stand and gave him a slight curtsy. And this just feels so..., she laughed and felt a chill run up her arm as Link shifted his fingers against her palm to intertwine them together, right.

Link smiled and tugged her hand, ignoring his red cheeks. "Let's go, Princess."

Zelda walked a little ways behind Link as she felt her heart rate quicken at those words. She instinctively tightened her hold on Link's hand, making him do the same back. She saw him look over his shoulder and send a smile her way.

It looked nothing more than a mere smile when he looked back ahead of him as they walked through the field of grass, but to Zelda it sent a feeling of comfort and reassurance.

And a certain feeling in her chest again.

~0000000000~

Lana sat on Zelda's desk chair, pushing against the comfortable office chair as she observed the words in the book she was reading.

It was pretty interesting, in Lana's opinion. Zelda had some good taste in novels.

But Lana sighed, finishing the chapter and closing the book. She stood up and strode over to the bookshelf Zelda had in her room; it was huge!

Thus, Lana had just gotten a random book, dependable at what spine looked more interesting.

Sure, she had her own shelf in her own room full of books but she and Zelda have a lot of different books on display—Zelda had more scientific and historical books with a few novels while Lana herself had novels with books about magic, real or not. It just interested her.

So in comparison, Zelda had more diversity to the variety of books she had on display.

Lana turned around and stood on the spot, glancing around the room. She'd already tidied up Zelda's room for her—she was bored and cleaning was pretty much all she did her whole life, but she was unsure of what to do at that moment.

Lana sighed to herself and went back to Zelda's desk, plopping back down on the chair.

She observed the content on Zelda's desk—books, pencils, paper, her laptop, etc. Lana was feeling curious as to what Zelda had so she started looking through her drawers. It was something she probably shouldn't have been doing but Zelda did it once when Lana had gone shopping a few months ago for her dad—what was the difference?

Payback, so time to see what it is Zelda has since she went through my own privacy. Lana opened up one more drawer, the last one on the bottom, and saw a plain hardcover book.

She tilted her head and reached down to grab it, sitting back up while examining the book. "It's just blue," she observed quietly.

Lana hummed to herself as she opened the book, all noise going silent once she read the first word of her book.

Diary Entry #1

Lana grimaced, unsure of what to do. Just those words were inviting enough for her to continue but...was it worth it?

Yeah, Zelda had gone through Lana's stuff that one day but it passed and she was positive nothing secretive was there.

...

Lana let her eyes jump down to the words engraved in pencil on the first line. Zelda started off with the day and the date and how she was feeling, but eventually Lana ended up skimming because there wasn't much spice to read about so that she could know a little secret of Zelda's.

But when she made it to the sixth page, she was interested.

Zelda was talking about her encounter with that Hylian named Link, and her description of his appearance and feelings overall about him.

Lana kept reading, for Zelda's diary had become more about that...Link, moreover instead of her own personal feelings.

She laughed two pages later when she read a certain part of Zelda's entry—she laughed from the shock of it.

I miss Link, if I'm going to be honest with myself. He makes me happy and he is a real charmer.

Lana decided she would stop there and closed the book. She moved the chair back to place the book back in its original place, making sure it looked untouched.

She leaned back on the chair, a smile growing on her face. Her blue hair fell over her face as she laughed lightly.

"Guess you're growing quite fond of him, Zelda," Lana said to herself quietly. "I hope he ends up being the man for you."

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

7.3K 242 11
"There isn't a woman in Hyrule or beyond that could satiate me like you." Alright ladies and gents, It's wedding season in Castle Town and on this se...
52.2K 592 22
What if Mipha put her love for Link and concern for Zelda ahead of Daruk's plan to rush to her Divine Beast? This story takes place in an AU that beg...
3.6K 210 12
What if Link was on the verge of death? Goddess Hylia opened up a portal when the hylian hero Link was close to dying at the hands of Calamity Ganon...
43.3K 1.5K 62
When Zelda is forced to marry a tyrant that would bring her country to ruin, she lashes out at her new husband. The new King plots against her so he...