Superheroing 101

By Amgeek

"Man Castello You are really out of breath." Irene laughed. "That's cause you took my breath away." I smiled... More

Chapter 1: Castello
Chapter 2: Richie
Chapter 3: Venus
Chapter 4: Clone
Chapter 5: Alena
Chapter 6: Late Night Kisses
Chapter 7: Mom
Chapter 8: Evil
Chapter 9: Tutor
Chapter 10: Smart
Chapter 11: Kidnapped
Chapter 12: Exposed
Chapter 13: Eneas
Chapter 14: Investigating
Chapter 15: Stones
Chapter 16: Exposed Part II
Chapter 17: Threat
Chapter 18: Time to be a Big Boy
Chapter 19: Trade
Chapter 20: Hospital Bed
Chapter 21: Energy Ball
Chapter 23: Epilogue

Chapter 22: Finally...

3 0 0
By Amgeek

I landed with Irene on my back. We don't know her enhanced moved for transportation so I guess I'll have to carry her around.

Venus was thrown into a building across from us. How does she not get hurt from that. She didn't emerge gracefully like she usually does. I went to her aid and she was just laying there breathing heavily. The impact didn't seem to phase her. She rolled her eyes and put her head back. "Is Irene here?"

"Yeah." I mumbled. "She isn't steady on the ball thing but she's really-"

"We'll do it today. She'll be fine." She said slowly emerging.

"Wait now?"

"Self sacrifice can never wait..." She said holding out her hand for me. I put my hand near hers. We glanced at Irene who was hesitant. I nodded and she put her hand over ours. The purple and blue ball started to tint gray.

"On my back." I ordered Irene. The ball wavered as she did but then it slowly stablized. I began to charge up while Venus waited. "We will shoot a hole big enough for us and wait till it completely covers us. Hold our breaths until we can't see anymore. Then let go." She said.

I shot a large shot at the monster and it left a hole of its hardened shell. Venus and I jumped towards and inside. "Clone what the hell are you doing?" A tank with an intercom yelled.

"Get out of here quickly." She said. The tanks retreated trusting her judgement. The hardened areas got sucked in and shot outwards towards the buildings. The ooze started to slowly close in. We started to sink down into it as well." What if we don't survive?.. what if this doesn't work?" I mumbled.

Venus pulled off her mask and she looked at me. "Then we tried our best...." She mumbled. As the light slowly disappeared, we began to hold our breaths. The ball was small for some reason... Was this all for nothing? The ball didn't... It wa-"

I was covered by the ooze. I felt it eating away at my suit and skin. It was now or never. I heard a screech which was probably Venus's attempt to contact us. Maybe the last sound I would hear. I clentched my fist and was suddenly able to breath again. I laid on the ground heavily catching my breath. Covered in black shards. My suit was torn and my body cut along with. Irene rolled on her side groaning and trying to rest.

Venus suddenly started to hack like she's about to throw up. She started coughing like she did back when she drowned. Black goop started coming from out of her mouth. I shot them as they began to move. She then officially threw up a mouth full of it. I shot it again and Venus laid on her side. Her nose was leaking blood as she smiled.

"Holy shit it's over" she whispered. She closed her eyes and slept. Sleeping sounds like a good idea. I watched as people picked up the black shards and put them in little bags. They were cleaning up and I dropped next to her. To attempt to recharge.

---------------------

I walked towards my mother's house where my family was staying for the time being. I opened the door and people started shouting in happiness. "My son is alive! You beautiful boy." My mom said hugging me. "You killed that beast."

I looked at Astrid who seemed perfectly fine just sitting and playing the Wii. My face remained still... This will be the hardest thing I'll ever tell my family.

I motioned them towards me and we went into a quieter room. "As we all now know thanks to Micah, I have powers." I rolled my eyes as the name bounced off my tounge. "I can't..... stay-"

"Stay at home.... You are going to live in space." Astrid said. "I knew it. I already told them this might happen."

"How did you even-"

"Your girlfriend kept me informed so I could tell my parents about the possibility."

My parents looked at me solemnly. "You were chosen for great things Zach. You don't have to stay here because of us."

"You guys just going to give me up because of that bullshit 'the universe chose me' ? No it didn't. An alien decided to hit me with a fucking rock. She chose me mostly because I was by myself at the time." I glared.

"Zach do you want to go or not?" My dad said getting impatient.

"I want to go... Venus is going to need some one who knows how to handle this shitty powers thing for as long as she has. She needs a companion..."

"Be back for my high school graduation..." Astrid mumbled.

"Tell me the date and I'll be there." I smiled.

"You are finishing highschool?" My mom asked

"Yeah.... Give all my college savings to Astrid by the way. " I smiled.

Astrid's eyes widened. "Holy hell. YEAH!" She smiled. My mom started crying and my dad attempted to comfort her.

"He's going to do great things...." My dad patted her shoulder.

"It's ok mom. I'll be ok. I survived this long..." I smiled

"Please just come back soon." She sniffled.

Out of the silence a knocking erupted. "Come in." I yelled.

Clone, with her mask hanging off of one of her hair puffs. "Us......Area 51... Then Washinton DC to make an announcement."

"Area 51?!" I got excited.

"I KNOW!!" She smiled. She noticed my family behind me. How my mom was shaking and my dad was trying to stay strong. My sister.... Well who knows what she thinks.  "Is this a bad time? Were you telling them about space?"

"Yeah." I skewed my lips. Venus looked at me trying to keep a straight face. "Are you coming with us?"

I raised an eyebrow and smiled. "I'd follow you to the end of the galaxy. I'm down to kick ass in space." I put my hand up.

In an instant she her face brightened and jumped on me. "You are- I just-" she kissed me and immediately let go.

"We have to get to Nevada in like a few hours. She jumped off excitedly and began to run off.

I turn to my family. "Future mother to our grandkids." My dad whispered. My mother nodded with her eyebrows raised. At least she is a little bit happy now.

"Take pictures." Astrid said. I agreed and ran off to catch up with Venus

———————————

We watched as they hauled in large chunks of the hardened alien gunk. Our job was to break it down into smaller pieces to for them to study.

We got a private tour of the facility and I secretly took pictures for Astrid. They didn't... have aliens in the base sadly. They got their first piece of alien material. "So can you confirm there are aliens?"

"I've met three so far. Killed two." I said.

"Airias?" A scientist asked pointed towards where her body was being examined.

Venus and I glanced at each other. "Yeah... her." I mumbled.

"Where is the third?"

"Don't be greedy." I glared.

"We have to get to Washington soon." Venus said tugging my shirt.

"You are hiding an alien. You could be arrested."

"Show me the law where I says I can't do that."

They all stared at me knowing damn well they don't have a law. "We killed the aliens and gave them willfully to you. You aren't getting the third."

I turned towards the exit with Venus. "You two are just kids. You don't get that decision."

"These kids just saved the east coast if not the world. These kids did what you could not." Venus glared.  "We are leaving."

I stuck out my tongue while we went back towards our beloved nation's capital.

————————

I adjusted my blue tie and suit while Venus fixed her lipstick next to me. She wore a dark purple dress with lace that hit her knees. I reached over to press my lips against hers. She pulled away laughing. "I just fixed it." She tried again to apply more lipstick but I just kept bombing her with pecks.

She eventually moved away from me and used her phone as a mirror. "You two ready?" Someone barged in.

"Ready to meet the president and talk on television.... not at all...." I mumbled.

We followed him outside and the president stood there smiling. "Finally out of the comic books and in my office. Superheroes. Come come. The public is waiting."

Venus and I stood in front of podiums facing cameras and microphones. "Zach you have.." Venus tapped her lips and I wiped immediately. The red smudges showed up on my hand as I looked back embarrassed.

"So... aliens." I smiled.

"They are real." Venus shrugged.  "The city of Astmeld was under attack by two hostile aliens."

"Do you know what buiseness they had coming here?" A brunette reporter asked.

"They wanted us. Our powers. "

"Demonstrate. The world hasn't seen what you have been able to do yet."

Venus cloned into two more people who began to walk off the stage so people can see they have their own minds.

"What is your next action?"

"We are going to move to space to recruit more people like us after high school." I already made a deal with the government to give what ever important information about what's beyond the solar system for them." She said.

"Oh... so you are working for NASA?" I smiled.

"Would I ever lie to you?" She smiled lovingly.

"Anything else you want to say to the world?"

"We are so sorry for the trouble we caused.... don't worry. We will protect the Earth as much as we can until we leave." I smiled escorting Venus away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.6K 113 25
after a hit that took them to a nuclear factory, Moxxie and Millie get coated in radioactive liquid, which give them superpowers! Moxxie has the figh...
96.3K 1.9K 22
❝No doubt about it, it's a good day to save the world.❞ - There were a few who were born with exceptional powers. And when one possesses it...
871 155 21
Aren't you ever tired of the same old super hero story? The hero is cool looking with bulging muscles, and always wins. Like, always. Even if the sit...
937 74 30
Nobody expects something supernatural to happen to them. Those kind of things only happened in comics. Fairy Tales. Unrealistic dreams that you'd fal...