The Memoriam Files: Minds [ED...

By Unlock-Your-Mind

" ๐‘ป๐’‰๐’† ๐‘บ๐’„๐’๐’“๐’„๐’‰ ๐’˜๐’Š๐’๐’ ๐’•๐’๐’“๐’•๐’–๐’“๐’† ๐’•๐’‰๐’†๐’Š๐’“ ๐’Ž๐’Š๐’๐’…๐’”." ๐“๐‡๐„๐˜ should have been free. They sh... More

๐™ผ๐™ธ๐™ฝ๐™ณ๐š‚
๐™ฟ๐™ป๐™ฐ๐šˆ๐™ป๐™ธ๐š‚๐šƒ
| ๐š™๐š›๐š˜๐š•๐š˜๐š๐šž๐šŽ
| ๐šŒ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š™๐š๐šŽ๐š› ๐Ÿท
| ๐šŒ๐š‘๐šŠ๐š™๐š๐šŽ๐š› ๐Ÿธ
| Chapter 4, Joining forces
| Chapter 5, Dream landscape
| Chapter 7, The tunnel
| Chapter 8, Scorch and trials
| Chapter 9, Tattoos
| Chapter 10, Two strangers
| Chapter 11, Sisters
| Chapter 12, Possessed
| Chapter 13, Dust and sand
| Chapter 14, Memories
| Chapter 15, Lightning and thunder
| Chapter 16, Calm after the storm
| Chapter 17, Jorge and his Cranks
| Chapter 18, A deal
| Chapter 19, Seperated
| Chapter 20, Fighting monsters, battling demons
| Chapter 21, Lost souls
| Chapter 22, Let's hurt tonight
| Chapter 23, Monsters and humans
| Chapter 24, Rose took my nose
| Chapter 25, The killer inside
| Chapter 26, A friend
| Chapter 27, Alive
| Chapter 28, The real leader
| Chapter 29, Invitation
| Chapter 30, Party with the Gone
| Chapter 31, Rescued
| Chapter 32, Young Gods
| Chapter 33, The journey continues
| Chapter 34, Group B
| Chapter 35, Fallen Angel
| Chapter 36, The last few miles
| Chapter 37, Awaiting the storm
| Chapter 38, Fighting the odds
| Chapter 39, Bleeding out
| Chapter 40, Goodbye
Word of thanks!

| Chapter 6, Through the Flat Trans

265 14 9
By Unlock-Your-Mind

|Death surrounds, my heartbeat's slowing down

|Song: Not gonna die, Skillet

|||

Lisa's P.O.V.

Gally and I stumbled on through the halls. I bit my lip, cursing myself for getting wounded. It was slowing us down and it couldn't take long for the guards to raise the alarm.
Then we'd be lost.
While leaning on Gally I tried to walk as fast as I could, but my shoulder hurt every step of the way.
I had to get the bullet out of my arm, but I had to stitch myself up after doing so and I didn't have the right equipment to operate myself here.

We reached the end of the hall and had two options. Take the elevator or the stairs. Gally and I shared a quick glare and knew there was only one real option. The stairs.
And so we started to make our way down, the stolen guns tightly in our hands.

Making our way downstairs was harder than I thought it would be. Every step send a wave of pain through my shoulder. I was biting my tongue not to show my pain but Gally wasn't stupid. He knew I was in pain, but didn't say a word. Because he also knew I hated looking weak.
There was only one more stair to go. I forced back a yelp when we landed on the ground. Gally shot me a glare but I ignored him.

'It should be on this floor,' he said.
I nodded and looked around. The hall looked exactly the same as the one we were just on. White walls, clean floors and bright lights.
'Let's hurry,' I mumbled.

As quick as we could we stumbled through the hall. I looked through every small window on each door, hoping to see Dawn but was disappointed every time. We had almost reached the end of the long white hall when suddenly a high pitched siren echoed through the air. Gally and I looked at each other with panic reflected in our eyes.

'Go!' Gally yelled and we picked up our pace. The bumping of running was hurting my shoulder but I forced the screams down my throat and kept on running. Finally we reached the end of the hall. Frantically I looked around and I breathed out with relief when I saw Dawn through the window on the door.
I gestured to Gally who let me go and kicked in the door.

Quickly we went inside and shut the door behind us. I looked around and took one of the operation tables.
Gally noticed what I was up to and took it out of my hands. He placed the table in front of the door and then turned to me.
'We have to hurry,' he said.

I nodded and ran toward Dawn. She sat in a chair, placed in the middle of the room. Wires were coming out of her arms and one went up into her nose. Blue fluid was floating through it. I felt my stomach shrink as I watched her.
'Dawn, wake up!' I shook her arm.
Her eyes fluttered but didn't open. Gally appeared next to me. 'Lisa, you go operate you arm, I'll wake her up.'
I stared at him for a couple of seconds before nodding and walking away.

Against the wall on the right stood a cupboard with doctor stuff in it. I opened the door and started searching for a needle, disinfectant, bandage, a knife and thread.
Finally I found it all.
As quick as I could I took the sharp knife, cleaned it and started digging in my arm. I couldn't stop the scream from escaping my lips. Coloured spots danced before my eyes and I felt like throwing up.
Just before I thought I would collapse right then and there I managed to push the bullet out.
I bit my lip until I tasted blood and forced my shaking hands to put the disinfectant on the needle and thread it. Then, while taking a deep breath, I pushed the needle in my skin, stitching up the wound. Screams of pain left my mouth. Far away in the distance I heard Gally scream my name. Sweat tickled down my forehead. And then it was over.
While breathing heavily I took the bandage and wrapped my shoulder in it.

When I was done I turned around. Gally had gotten Dawn out of the chair but she didn't look awake. Instead she looked far away, mumbling words that didn't make sense at all.

A sudden pounding on the door made me jump. 'Open the door!'

I turned to Gally, I didn't have to say what I was thinking. He knew.
We couldn't fight them. Dawn was too weak and I could barely move my arm. I looked around, my heart beating faster in my chest.
Then I noticed a window which gave access to another hallway. I ran towards it, carefully holding my shoulder as I did. I forced the nausea back, biting my lip to keep myself awake. Gally moved towards me with Dawn under his arm.

'Why isn't she waking up?' I whispered.

He shook his head. 'They injected her with some klunk, think it needs to get out of her system.'

I looked at my best friend with concern but that concern faded when once again the guards pounded on the door. 'Open up, come out with your hands in the air!'

'Go! Go! Go!' Gally whispered.

Quickly I took a chair and slammed it against the window. It didn't give.
I groaned, my arm was getting numb. I lifted it again, with all my strength and hit the glass.
It shattered with an ear piercing sound, the shards raining down on us. I heard the guards scream and shared a pancing glare with Gally. I put the chair down by the window and climbed through it.
Gally looked at Dawn.

'Hit her,' I hissed. He looked at me with raised eyebrows. 'Do it!' I yelled.

Again there was pounding against the door and this time the table moved, they were trying to break it open.
I looked back at Gally who gave me a guilty glare as he hit Dawn in her face. She gasped, opened her eyes, breathing heavily. Her eyes slowly focused on me and she frowned.

'What's going on?' She whispered, her voice hoarse.

'No time to explain, just follow us,' I said, gesturing for her to follow me.

Again there was a hit against the door, the guards screaming to each other. My attention went back to Dawn as she climbed over the window, trying to avoid the glass but she wasn't stable on her feet yet and stumbled down on the floor. I tried to catch her with my good arm and kept her from falling into the shards.
Gally jumped out of the window, not even bothering to use the chair.
'Let's go!' He yelled, gesturing for us to follow. We didn't have to be told twice and we ran.

My shoulder was hurting and the coloured spots still danced before my eyes. Dawn was having a hard time keeping up as well, she still didn't look fully awake and was breathing heavily.
Gally ran ahead, looking around corners with the stolen gun tightly in his hand.
We ran quick, not looking over our shoulder once. Through the long halls we had studied from the controlroom, though the halls were a lot longer than they appeared to be on the cameras.

Just when I thought I wouldn't be able to keep running any longer we reached a huge iron door. I knew from watching the cameras that this door would lead us to our freedom.
I scanned all the different buttons until I found one with "open" written on it. I didn't hesitate and pushed it.
Slowly the huge door started opening. Screams from behind me took my attention and I turned around. A group of at least ten guards was walking towards us, their guns raised.

'Lisa!' I heard Gally scream and turned to him. He was already standing outside, supporting Dawn with his strong arm. 'Come on!'
I didn't hesitate and ran after him. Gun shots sounded and I heard the bullets hit the ground.
I let out a frustrated scream as we ran through the darkness.
This had to be right, we only had to move forwards and we would reach the building the Gladers were locked in. The guards were getting closer and I forced myself to keep breathing in a steady tempo. My shoulder was throbbing and tears were gathering in my eyes but I couldn't stop running.
I wouldn't stop running.

The wind was howling loudly, taking sand up from the ground. I was running with my hand before my eyes, looking through the darkness.
Finally the small building appeared and I couldn't help but to breathe out with relief.
Gally, still supporting Dawn, found the door first and kicked it in.
I followed him inside, throwing the door shut behind me. It would slow the guards down, but only for a second.
Up the stairs we went and we entered a white room, round with two doors in the wall. But what took my attention was some kind of silver screen, hanging in the air. It was barely visible, but it was there. Vibrating, almost breathing.

'That must be the Flat Trans I heard the Ratman talking about,' Dawn said, her voice nothing more than a hoarse whisper.

I frowned at her, confused, then nodded slowly. 'The doctors mentioned it as well. As any what it is?'

'I don't know what it does, I only heard the Gladers had to go through it.'

I shared a glare with Gally. He turned to the moving silver air and frowned at it. 'I don't like this one bit,' he groaned and I nodded. Me neither.
Suddenly there were heavy footsteps on the stairs. I turned to Gally, panic flashing through me.
'Go! Through the Flat Trans now!' Gally yelled, reaching for his gun.
'Are you nuts! I'm not leaving you here!' I yelled.
'Someone has to hold them off until that thing closes. Now go!'
'No!' I screamed.
Gally turned to me, his eyes hard as ice. 'Lisa, you're hurt and Dawn is barely standing on her feet. Go.'
'I-' I stumbled over my words, not sure what to say or do. Gally and I hadn't exactly become friends but I didn't want to leave him here either.
'Y-you'd really do that for me?' I mumbled, turning to Dawn who stared at Gally with wide eyes. 'For us?'
Gally shrugged. 'We're all still humans, right?'
I gave him a small smile but my smile faded when the door was kicked in. The guards came running inside. Gally raised his gun and started shooting. I don't know where he learned it but he didn't miss one shot.
'Go!' He yelled.
I ran towards Dawn and threw her arm over my shoulder. Together we ran towards the Flat Trans.
The guards were screaming orders at each other, the sound of bullets being fired echoed through my head. I forced myself to keep running and even as I reached the Flat Trans I didn't look back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

39.9K 1.2K 48
-SEQUEL TO THE PROMISE- An escape. A fight. A chase. They have had it all. Maybe they should have stayed in the glade, away from the destruction of t...
313K 11K 24
๐๐‹๐Ž๐Ž๐ƒ๐‹๐ˆ๐๐„ | โ sแดกแด‡แด‡แด› แด€s sแดœษขแด€ส€, แด„แดสŸแด… แด€s ษชแด„แด‡, ส™ส€แด‡แด€แด‹ สœแด‡ส€ สœแด‡แด€ส€แด›, ...
117K 3.1K 43
She was there since the beginning. People trusted her, she trusted them. She was the light in the glade. But when WCKD gives them an option to sac...
231K 7.7K 45
โYou are all still here because of an uncanny will to survive.โž Solving the Maze was meant to be the end. No more tests. No more puzzles. They though...