Sapphire Flame

By YazzWrites

Gorgeous cover done by @Mulan-Fa ♡|Romance|Fantasy|Werewolf|♡ After being ripped away from her childhood b... More

Copyright/Blurb
ONE
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN

TWO

4K 261 36
By YazzWrites

Sapphire Flame  -  Yasmeen J.

TEN YEARS LATER

The Realm Of Aedezia

   The large man sat upon his throne of steel in the dark room, nothing but silence surrounding him. Thoughts and images of the gorgeous woman his precious one had become filled his head, causing him to sigh and lean back in the chair and close his eyes in bliss.

   The thoughts began to overwhelm and take over his mind so much that when his eyes opened, a slightly transparent vision of his woman was in front of him. He sat up quickly.
   She wore a red silk robe that was untied and revealed the matching lace bra that fit her perfectly and pressed her large breasts up and the tight panties that covered her lower half. Her beautifully messy hair fell slightly over her eyes.
   "My love," he called for her in astonishment. He's had multiple visions of her before but never that vivid.

   "Griffin," her angelic voice spoke his name. He yearned to hear it come from her lips for so long but when she appeared before she never spoke to him. The woman began to stroll towards him slowly, making sure that her hips rocked with each step. When she finally stood in front of him, he couldn't help but try to reach out to touch her, even though he thought he wouldn't be able to feel her just like all the other times.

   To his amazement, when his hand reached her, it felt as though he came into contact with the soft skin of her uncovered stomach. Excitement soared through him, he couldn't control the urge to throw his arms up and wrap them around her body to pull her into his lap, so he did. She straddled his lap and then placed her hands on each side of his face while peering into those cold silver eyes that were finally displaying some warmth and happiness. All because she was finally in his arms... Almost.

   He pulled her lips down to him and devoured them with his own while his hands ventured over her body, squeezing her thighs, her ass, and her breasts. Her quiet moans of pleasure were the only things heard throughout the hollow room. She pulled from him first and he stared at her in confusion. 

   "What's wrong?" he asked. She only smiled.

   "Griffin baby, it's almost time."

   "Time for what?" he asked. 

   "For you to come and get me of course!" she exclaimed. "Tomorrow's the day I come of age. So you can finally see me for real and bring me back here to be with you... Don't you want that?" She pouted.

   "More than anything, my love. But I-I just- I'm-"

   "You're scared," she finished the sentence for him. He nodded. 

   "What if you reject me? My very soul would break if you didn't want me." He put his head against her chest in sadness at just the thought of losing her, her heartbeat soothing him. 

   Her hand caught his chin and lifted his head so they locked eyes again. "I could never hurt you like that... I love you more than life itself, Griffin... I just wanna be with you again." As she spoke, her body started to fade and so did her sweet voice, which only made his sadness greater. 

   "Wait, don't leave. Please..." he begged her.

   "It won't be for long. I'll see you soon... Mutt."

   She was gone again and his heart ached for her once again; he simply couldn't bear the feeling anymore.

   "I'm coming back for you Kaena..."

The Mortal Realm

   The office was quiet besides the occasional ruffle of the papers on her desk. The woman that sat at the desk sighed tiredly and ran her fingers through her short hair before glancing up at the clock on the wall beside her.

   She looked back down at her work before leaning back in her chair and closing her eyes. "Kaena..." Her eyes shot open as she stood quickly and turned to where she heard the voice behind her. She started to slowly round her desk, walking backward still staring at the spot, absolutely terrified. 

   "W-who's there?" she asked the question but didn't really care for an answer, in fact, she didn't give a damn who was there or why they were.

   Ready to break out into a run, she zipped around only to hit something hard. She looked up hesitantly at the huge figure to see... nothing.

   The figure's face was pitch black as if a dark shadow was cast over it. She gasped in fear and tried to push it away but its large hands gripped her arms tightly, stopping all her movements. "Kaena..." Its voice sent a fearful shiver down her spine making her physically quiver.

   "Who a-a-are y-you?" she stuttered. The thing leaned in closer, its cold breath fanned her skin. Her head immediately snapped to the side to avoid whatever she thought the creature would say or do.

   "It's almost time..."

   "T-time for w-what? WHO ARE YOU?!" she yelled in complete frustration at its vagueness. Instead of replying, it began to slowly fade away as its hand reached to touch her cheek gently.

   "Soon."

   Kaena jolted up from her desk in a panic. Sweat rained down her forehead, her breathing was heavy and rapid. 

   "What the hell?" she whispered to herself. She shook her head at her own behavior. "I need to get the outta here." She grabbed her phone, purse, and some files off her desk before heading to the door.

   "Hey!"

   Kaena jumped back from fright but then let out a breath as she realized the voice belonged her assistant and friend, Renée. "Damn it, you scared me!" Kaena hissed.

   "Whoa, jumpy much?" Renée laughed as she strutted inside the room fully and Kaena readjusted herself.

   "I thought you went home."

   She laughed lightly again. "Um, did you forget our plans? Or just your birthday in general?"

   She sighed quietly dropping her gaze after noticing her outfit, a pretty black jumpsuit with gold accessories. "Both... but I don't really feel like going out any-"

   "No! No, no, no Kaena. I won't let you do that. Not on your birthday," she snapped, whining a little. She knew she really wanted to genuinely take her out to have a good time, she was being a good friend like always, trying to break her shell but also like always Kaena harshly rejected with a little regret.

   "I...I can't tonight, Renée. I-I have to go."

   Without another word, Kaena turned and left Renée. speechless and disappointed.

   Hours later, she lay in her luxuriously large California king-sized bed, staring up at herself in the mirror above her. The more she thought about the vivid memories of the dream, the more confused she became, and the more questions she needed answered. Who or what was that thing? Why did she dream of it? Almost time for what?

   For some reason, she felt like it all meant something more. Although she was scared out of her mind at that moment, she couldn't help also feeling a weird sense of comfort and safety, like she knew the thing wouldn't hurt her. She groaned in frustration at her own thoughts, confusing feelings, and questions.

<><^><>

   Kaena sat at her kitchen table sipping on a ridiculously expensive glass of wine watching the time on by her. The lights were dim and nothing but the creaking of the house settling sounded. She was spending her birthday alone once again but her own choice, so of course, she couldn't blame anyone for forgetting or not caring. For she was the one who couldn't bring herself to care for the day. She sighed before sitting down her glass. She let the reminiscing thoughts of her past travel through her mind.

   The loud ringtone from her phone blared through the room. Startled, she spun around quickly to find the device causing her to accidentally bump her arm against the corner of her table, the glass falling over and spilling all over the side of the white button-down blouse she wore.

   "Son of a bitch!" she seethed as she looked down at the big red stain. She slammed the glass down onto the table and then stood. She quickly zipped around to her sink to cut it on before grabbing a rag hanging from a rack and wetting it with hot water. She repeatedly rubbed the wet rag against the stain, dipped it back in the water, and tried again. When she realized the stubborn stain wouldn't come out unless she washed it, she threw her head back in frustration and groaned as she threw the rag down.

   That's when she saw it.

   Outside of the window in front of her, sitting on a limp tree branch. The pretty butterfly of white. It took her a moment to process the memories that flooded her brain at the sight of the identical butterfly. When she did she gasped and slapped her hand over her mouth before slowly backing away. 

   "Impossible," she muttered to herself in utter disbelief. The insect just sat there with not a care in the world, unaware that she was staring at it in amazement.

   She took a deep breath and slowly walked back up to the window then leaned in across the sink to see closer. She saw that the branch was only a few inches away, close enough to touch. With shaky hands, she reached up to grip the handles of the small window and then pulled it open. 

   Cold wind gushed inside, making strands of her hair flow out of her face and causing small cold chills to go down her arms. Her eyes never left the insect as her hand reached out for it. Like how she did years ago, she made it feel safe by not chasing it but by gently welcoming it towards her.

   The butterfly's wings finally began to flap. It rose gracefully but quickly to land on the finger she had pointed out for it, it rested there as she brought her hand back inside. She held it to a distance but still close enough to see its details. It wasn't just an ordinary butterfly like she'd always thought. 

   It did have small pretty designs on its wings like other butterflies but the lines sparkled and glowed abnormally, contrasting with the plain white color. It also had sparks of what looked like particles of magic that would come out of a fairy godmother's magic wand pouring out the back of it. If it were to fly away it would leave a trail behind.

   Suddenly, Kaena felt a powerful sensation take over her as if a spell had been cast upon her. Her eyes began to shift mystically to a striking silver color.

   Its wings flapped again but it didn't leave her hand. Instead, it seemed to drag her along with it. With wide enchanted eyes, she took small steps behind it. Before she knew it, she was standing outside of her home. It had let go, taking flight and releasing her from its spell.

   She took in a sharp breath and shook her head relieved of the force that took over her. She looked around herself immediately, realizing she was standing in her own driveway. She had no memory of the journey there. Her head snapped back towards the direction of the butterfly. The urge to call out for it got caught in her throat. It continued towards the woods that was just off into the distance. She lived in a very isolated area, trees surrounded the property and there wasn't another house for miles. So after she chased after it for a few feet it was no surprise that it easily left her sight and there was no point in searching.

   Hesitantly, she turned ready to leave and forget all that happened. Just like before, it left more questions than answers. Before her thoughts could go any farther, a sharp pain spread through the back of her head like a large rock had just been thrown at her at full force. It knocked her off balance, sending her straight to the hard ground face first.

   Kaena groaned in pain and immediately tried to turn back towards whatever or whoever had struck her. Through her blurred vision, she could only see two black figures hovering over her. She tried to scoot away but only to have one of them grab her ankle and yank, causing her lower back to scrape against the ground.

   She instantly screamed at the sudden pain and began to kick her legs wildly but she only felt hands on her body, blocking her movements. 

   "LET GO OF ME!" she shrieked. Hard punches came down on her face but that did not stop her from screaming and fighting. It wasn't until they slammed her head against the ground causing her to slightly fade out of consciousness. 

   "No... Stop.." she slurred, still fighting weakly.

   She then felt a weight on her chest and stomach then rough hands wrap around her throat. The more she struggled against the person's hold, the tighter pressure on her neck got. When she finally decided to give up and let the darkness take over, she felt the person being ripped off of her, making her roll to the side from the force. 

   Her hand immediately went to her throbbing throat as she coughed and tried to regain the breath that she had been denied. The sudden sounds of cracking and liquid possibly gushing induced her to look up from the ground.

   What looked like an overgrown dog or wolf was tearing away at the man's flesh wildly. Another man, who she assumed was the other person that was standing over her, approached the creature with confidence. He then pulled out a switchblade. 

   She wondered to herself what that little knife was going to do to the creature. Regardless, the man charged at the beast, jamming the blade into its abdomen. The creature howled like a banshee and then snarled as it faced him. They continued to stare each other down with deadly looks in their eyes until the beast pounced on the man with little effort.

   They struggled for a bit before the man's entire head was clenched in the jaws of the creature. It angrily threw the head to the side, where it rolled off into the distant darkness of the trees. With its back facing her, she could see the way the hunch of its back rose and fell with each breath it let out in exhaustion. She found the strength to slightly sit up on her elbow. Finally regaining her sight, she stared at it in amazement.

   The beast's head quickly whipped around to face her, blood oozing from in between its sharp teeth, death lurking in its gorgeous silver eyes. Her mouth fell open in shock.

   "Mutt?"

Originally Published ~ 3/23/18
Vote, Comment, and Share!
Republished ~ 9/2/18

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.9K 4K 42
Secrets...in every family,friendship and relationship exists some kind of secret. They always find a way to exist,to manipulate and control someone's...
194K 11.8K 76
[COMPLETE] Kyra's life as a human is over. Bitten and riddled with strange symptoms, she has been ripped from the only life she's ever known and thro...
16.6K 701 30
The werewolves and the human kingdoms have been at a vicious war for 25 years and with these years came blindness as everyone forgot what they were f...
25.8K 467 26
A tale of supernatural, magical love and rival packs, In years, she transformed from a young girl to a strong alpha. A warrior. *** Ember Hemming. ...