My Dream Man | Book 1 | Sal V...

YT_Sanity

*Inspired by @BarbaraSuchecka* 'How many years have I been here? 5? 8? 15? I don't remember. All I know is, I... Еще

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Epilogue
Book 2

Chapter Four

518 8 3
YT_Sanity

"What do you mean I'm fired? I just got a ticket for driving over the limit just because I was late to get here! You can't fire me!" I argued.

"I'm sorry Addison, but this has been the sixth time you came in for work late. I've given you multiple chances and yet you still don't make it back on time! I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to dismiss you. Pack your bags. Have a good day." My boss said.

"No, no, no, no, no, no, please! I beg of you! Give me one more shot, I promise-"

"Have a good day Ms. Spears."

I scoffed as my boss walked off. "Fine! It's not like I liked this job anyway! Everyone is just a stuck up prick who thinks they will make it big!"

Everyone shot glances at me. I huffed and walked out of the set, heading for my car. When I got in, I grabbed the steering wheel. My mind went blank. My whole body went blank. I stared out the window, not blinking, didn't even feel like I was breathing. I just stared. I stared so long that my eyes started to burn. When I came back to reality, I slowly turned the key and drove off. I didn't realize I was crying until I got home.

>><<

"I'm going to get you a sibling, how does that sound Speckles?" I asked.

I looked down at Speckles, who was sitting beside me, her tail wagging back and forth. Her tongue sticking out the side of her mouth as she panted. I gave a small side smirk and patted her on the head. I focused my gaze on the computer and scrolled through to see what adoption centers were open. I then needed to find someone who could keep an eye on Speckles when I got her a brother and or sister. I texted the first person on my contacts list.

Addison:
Hey Joe! Okay, I know you might be busy with the family and such. Buuut, can you do me a favor?

Joe:
No. No I cannot. Are you kidding me? I was relaxing on a nice evening! How could you bother me like this?!

Addison:
Okay! I'm sorry!! I'll ask someone else.

Joe:
Addison, seriously? Yes, I can do you a favor. What is it?

Addison:
Sorry, sarcasm is hard to read in text haha. Anyways, can you come over to keep an eye on Speckles? If not, I can drop her off if it's easier for you...?

Joe:
Yeah I can keep an eye on her. I can dog sit haha. Um, how well trained is Speckles? I can have you drop her off, but I don't want her attacking my dogs, or my daughter.

Addison:
Joe, are you kidding me? You've had her around you when Milana was just a newborn. I'm pretty sure Speckles will do fine around your dogs.

Joe:
Okay, just making sure. Oh and also, if she does attack my dogs, you're paying.

Addison:
Gotcha. See ya later Gatto.

Joe:
See ya.

"Speckles! Let's go on an adventure!" I said with a smile.

Speckles jumped onto me, setting her paws on my lap. I chuckled and pet her as she panted and wagged her tail happily.

"Okay, get down." I said, slowly pushing her off of me.

I since I was still in my work clothes-that I pretty much didn't need anymore, I decided to change. I put on a pair of jean shorts with a white top. I grabbed a yellow flannel and tied it around my waist. I threw on my hair into a messy bun and put on my white converse. I also put on a watch for accessories. I slipped my phone into my pocket and swung my purse of my shoulder. I called for Speckles, waiting for her by the door. When we got out, I headed to the car and opened the passenger door, waiting for Speckles to finish doing her business.

As I waited, I looked across the road. I saw Sal standing at his living room window, staring at me. I waved, letting him realize I noticed his staring. He snapped back into reality and gave a sheepish wave back. I rolled my eyes and motion for Speckles to get in the car. I walked around to the other side and got in. But before I could get in, Sal ran across the road and came up to me.

"Hey Addison." Sal greeted.

"Hi Sal." I greeted back.

"Where are you going? And also, why aren't you at work?" He asked.

"I'm dropping off Speckles at Gatto's place. I'm going to get a surprise. Also, I'll explain why I'm not at work to you later. Right now, I have to go." I said.

"Oh, I'm sorry if I'm holding you up. I was just checking to...see if you were, y'know, alright." Sal stuttered.

"Yeah, I seen that." I motioned my head towards his window.

Sal's face turned the color of a tomato. I just chuckled and gave him a kiss on his cheek. He was shocked.

"See ya later neighbor." I winked.

"Y-yeah. See ya." Sal waved.

I got into my car, closed the door, buckled in, and drove off. I rolled the window down for Speckles to stick her head out. I put my rays on and turned up the radio. It was a nice day. I was almost glad that I got fired. I wouldn't have the time to be taking in a beautiful day like this. It was honestly astonishing.

>><<

I knocked three times before the door opened. There stood Joe with his daughter Milana in his hands. A towel rested over his other shoulder and a spatula was in his free hand. He gave a bright smile at me as I returned one back. Speckles stood beside me, already sniffing the air of the other dogs.

"Hello! Welcome to the Gattos!" Joe greeted.

I chuckled. "Hello Joe. Hi Milana!"

Milana gave a small wave back. Joe invited me in and I thanked him. I took a step in and kept Speckles next to me on a leash.

"I'm not bothering you am I?" I asked, referring to the spatula in his hand.

"Nope. Just making lunch really. So you're not interrupting anything." Joe said with a smile.

"Well good. Um, I don't know if you want me to let Speckles go so she can explore or..."

"Oh, here, let me take her from you." Joe said putting Milana down on the ground.

Milana ran off to her toys as Joe took the leash from my hands. I gave him a side smile, feeling a little guilty.

"What's with that face?" Joe asked.

"Nothing, I just feel like I'm interrupting you're time. Are you sure you want to do this? I can totally ask someone el-"

"Addison," Joe started, "you are not interrupting anything. Okay? I'm more than happy to take care of Specks for ya! Plus, I think she's already loving the company of the other dogs."

I looked to see that, sure enough, even with the leash on, Speckles was sniffing and playing with the Gatto dogs. I smiled, taking in the sight for a good mental picture.

"Well, I have to go." I started. I bent down to Speckles level and hugged her. "Be a good girl, okay? Love you girly." I gave her a kiss.

"Awe, how sweet." Joe commented.

I rolled my eyes and let her off her leash. She was hesitant at first, but then she headed off to see Milana.

"She's in good hands." Joe reassured.

"I know she is." I said, not keeping my eyes off of my dog.

>><<

"Any suggestions?" I asked.

I decided to pick up Brian to help me out. Not only that, but I wanted to talk about the job suggestion for the television show they do. I was curious and wanted to know what everything would be.

"Nope, got none. I own cats, you have to remember. So, you have to pick one that'll be nice around Speckles and her age. By the way, how old is Speckles now?" Brian asked.

"She's seven now. " I said looking at the dogs.

"Wow, she's getting pretty old, huh?" Brian said.

"Yeah, she's getting up in those ages." I said with a sigh.

As I was looking at all the breeds, one really caught my eye. It seemed to be an older dog. It laid on its bed, just enjoying itself. I awed and walked up to the cage it was cooped up in. I wrapped my hands around the metal bars and stared at it. It had white and brown fur. It had black spots covering its ears and all over its body. It's eyes were different colors; one was brown, one was light blue. The brown coat was only shown around her neck and part of the crevasse of her legs. I smiled.

"What gender is it?" I asked as the dog came up to me, rubbing its body along my hands.

"It's a girl." Brian replied, looking at the tag next to her cage.

"Tell me about her...?" I asked Brian.

"Her name is Lady. She's an Australian Shepard and she's eight. She's also been rescued a few months ago. Found her in an abandoned barn along with four puppies, not hers." Brian read aloud.

I smiled to myself. Lady was cute and not only that, but at least a year older than Speckles. I think they would get along well. Just then, an employee walked by.

"Can I help you guys?" He asked.

"Can I get her?" I asked, not looking up at the man.

"Sure thing."

I finally looked up at the man and smiled at him. I looked at Brian, who was smiling down at me.

"She's perfect."

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

27.6K 525 29
Due to having the disclaimer ignored, this story is done. If you want more ship stuff (NOT SAL/Q OR SAL/MURR) then follow @JoeGattoMatters because th...
Sallyface x Reader emmaaaa

Любовные романы

5.1K 88 19
This is a little story I made about an alternate universe where Sal meets you at the apartments, and you quickly get close. You start hooking up, unt...
Problematic Love. Dakota

Любовные романы

25.9K 673 25
Sal x Travis story blah blah blah. I'm tired of writing descriptions 😭. No ghosts, Goblins, Demons, cults, human bologna, WHATEVER. anyways have fun...
25K 380 13
"You really have had no idea that I've been madly in love with you since kindergarten? You're in every one of my 10 year plans."