Blank Space | Completed

By Balyumruk

[Grand winner of the Kfic Producer Awards Season 1] "So it's gonna be forever, or it's gonna go down in fla... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten (Part 1)
Ten (Part 2)
Eleven (Part 1)
Eleven (Part 2)
Twelve (Part 1)
Twelve (Part 2)
Twelve (Part 3)
Thirteen (Part 1)
Thirteen (Part 2)
Thirteen (Part 3)
Thirteen (Part 4)
Thirteen (Part 5)
Thirteen (Part 6)
Fourteen (Part 1)
Fourteen (Part 2)
Fourteen (Part 3)
Fifteen (Part 1)
Fifteen (Part 2)
Fifteen (Part 3)
Sixteen (Part 1)
Sixteen (Part 3)
Seventeen (Part 1)
Seventeen (Part 2)
Seventeen (Part 3)
Eighteen (Part 1)
Eighteen (Part 2)
Eighteen (Part 3)
Nineteen (Part 1)
Nineteen (Part 2)
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
A Couple Words
Epilogue

Sixteen (Part 2)

17.5K 550 436
By Balyumruk

A/N: Hey guys. Sorry for not updating on saturday but I just didn't know how to write. Those of you who write know what kind of a bitch writer's block is. I literally just finished this chapter and I'm posting. I know I had a routine but until this fucking block is gone I'm afraid I won't be updating as frequently as I've been. But I'll try my best to update at least once a week, I promise. And your comments are helping a lot, seriously. I smile and grin and sometimes laugh thanks to them, they make me so happy. So thank you, I'm really grateful for everything. I love you all so much, thank you for the love you've been showing this story <3

"What are you looking at, mom?"

Jennie's eyes were on her mother because the older woman was looking at her phone with a delighted smile on her face – which was a rare occurrence for Jeon Jungrae.

"Nothing you should pry," her mom glanced at her. Jennie rolled her eyes.

"Come on mom," she crawled on the couch to go to her side. "Let me look. Is it about Kookie?"

"No?" her mom looked at her as she hid her screen on her chest. "Why would you think that?"

"It's the smile you reserve for Kookie. Let me see, please?" Jennie tilted her head to side and gave her the puppy eyes. The older woman sighed.

"I'm doing this only because you know the situation. If you tell anything to your father, uncle or aunt, your cards will be cancelled."

Jennie rolled her eyes before taking the phone and glanced at the screen without knowing what to expect. Upon seeing it, her brows shot up, she wasn't expecting that, it was for sure.

It was a photo of Jungkook and that fucking Lisa girl in a rather intimate pose under a soft yellow light. As she clenched her teeth, she heard her mother's sigh.

"Aren't they so cute?" Jeon Jungrae said delightfully. "They match so well."

"Yeah, sure," Jennie murmured and gave the phone to her mother again, making the older frown.

"What's wrong, Jennie?"

"Nothing," Jennie forced out a smile. "I'll be in my room."

She heard her mother's questions but didn't pay attention to them when she started walking to her room. She closed the door behind her and ran her fingers through her hair exasperatedly. Just how many times she had to tell that bitch to stay away from Jungkook?!

The last time she saw her, the day she was waiting for Jungkook, she had seen them, walking in the parking lot, smiling at each other like neither of them could see anything but the other. Lisa, too. Even though Jennie herself had seen her wearing Min Yoongi's clothes. With her own two eyes. As if the clothes were her own casual clothes, she had worn them on her way to the supermarket.

Okay she had had Lisa followed, too, so what.

Only to see her wear the clothes that belonged to Jennie's Yoongi – well he wasn't exactly hers at the moment but still. She had called the dibs first.

She knew Yoongi's clothes. She knew how comfortable they were. She knew how they smelled; they smelled just like him – fresh mint and sandalwood. Warm, cosy. She also knew the clothes Lisa had worn, Jennie and Yoongi had picked them together two years and three months ago. And now they belonged to some girl who treated Jungkook like a toy because clearly he wasn't the only guy in her life.

Jennie's blood boiled with shameful hatred and jealousy. She had seen how affectionate Yoongi was to the girl. He treated Lisa just like how he treated Jennie back then. He gave his clothes to Lisa, he caressed Lisa's hair, he hugged Lisa, and he gave Lisa gummy smiles. The things that belonged to Jennie. He gave them to her now. And Lisa Manoban accepted them gladly. And then she had the guts to say she liked Jungkook, another thing that belonged to Jennie.

She wasn't going to let that girl ruin her baby brother. She wasn't going to let Jungkook get hurt this blatantly. She had saved him from getting hurt many times; she wasn't going to stop now.

She wasn't going to lose Jungkook, too.

Not after fucking Min Yoongi, whose favourite girl apparently being that girl now.

The familiar burning feeling in her eyes made Jennie take a deep breath and bit her lip to cause a little pain so that her mind would be busy with another feeling.

She wasn't going to let Lalisa-fucking-Manoban to take everything from her.

*

Lisa laughed to the phone she was currently squeeze-holding between her ear and right shoulder, "Why would you pick up my dad, Jungkook?"

A tense voice replied her, "Do you think it'll be weird?"

"Yes," she laughed again, stirring the khaorad kaeng she was cooking. "Weird and awkward. I'll go and pick him up."

"Should I come with you?" his voice sounded like he was torn – in between god knows what.

Lisa giggled, "Why would you?"

"You didn't..." a pause.

She was grinning now, "I didn't what?"

"You didn't tell him about us?"

Lisa kept her grin as she raised the spoon to taste the stew a little bit before replying, "Us?"

She could see his groan, "Lisa."

This time she let out a laugh, "I may or may not have mentioned a little."

"I swear you're so frustrating sometimes. I hate you, seriously."

She arched a brow while adding some more salt, "Oh do you?"

The answer was quick and defeated, "Not really."

The bubbles on the surface of the stew were a perfect description for how her heart acted now. She was warm and fuzzy again. Just hearing his voice was enough to make her happy and if she were honest with herself, she had missed him terribly and talking to him made it even worse. She just wished he were here with her... But then again, if he were here, she wouldn't be able to cook.

"What are you doing now?"

"I'm trying to cook, as a matter of fact," Lisa tapped the spoon on the edge of the pot to let the excess liquid fall into the stew itself and put the lid on before lowering the heat.

"You need any help?"

Lisa laughed, "With cooking? I really don't think you're good at cooking Thai food."

"Well I dare you to try me. I'm a quick learner and I'd like to proudly point out that I'm an excellent cook, Miss Manoban."

"And I'd like to inform you that you shouldn't be any more appealing, Mr Jeon," Lisa smiled, looking at the counter with her mind full of the image of Jungkook's smile.

"Already? I was just starting."

Lisa just laughed and heard his sigh.

"I missed you. When can I come?"

As a flush brightened her skin and heart, Lisa glanced at the clock of the oven, "It's only 3pm. We have a lot to prepare for the dinner."

"I can help though. Come on Lisa. I missed you a lot," he added with a soft tone.

Lisa unknowingly started drawing circles on the counter with her index finger, "We were together just yesterday."

"Didn't you miss me?"

She bit her lip, refusing to answer.

He sighed again, "I'm heartbroken."

That elicited a laugh from her and she sighed with defeat when she realised she couldn't resist him anymore.

"Okay, fine. But you're gonna help, understood?"

His excited voice was priceless, "Yes ma'am!"

"When can you come?" she glanced at the clock again.

"Two minutes – I was waiting in front of the building."

As she stood there, speechless, she heard a door open and close and she was also a hundred percent sure he was grinning.

"Are you serious?!" the disbelief in her voice was evident. A heavenly laugh filled her ears.

"Yeah, open the door."

"You're unbelievable."

Lisa ended the call, shaking her head and was walking towards the door when Chaeyoung peeked from bathroom with a towel wrapped around her hair.

"What's going on Liz?"

"Jungkook," Lisa glanced at her as she walked. "He's here."

"What?!" Chaeyoung almost shrieked, opening the door fully and revealing her towel-wrapped body. "It's too early!!"

Lisa snorted, "He was waiting downstairs, that prick. You better put some clothes on Chaeng."

She heard Chaeyoung mutter some well-thought curse words before slamming her room's door and smiled, her friend could be really creative when she wanted. The doorbell rang just the moment she grabbed the doorknob and she opened the door to see one grinning Jeon Jungkook – also looking rather ravishing, mind you.

Lisa raised her brows, ignoring the way her heart started to sing delightfully with the sight of him. Her tummy clenched with happiness and her butterflies woke up.

"You're ridiculous," Lisa shook her head, stepping aside to let him in. He laughed.

"I'm being practical. What if you'd changed your mind?" he grinned, taking his coat off while Lisa closed the door

"Again, you're ridiculous," Lisa folded her arms, smiling. Jungkook stood there with all his glory, dark hair, fair skin, a simple white and fluffy turtleneck, dark blue jeans and those fucking gorgeous eyes.

"Don't I get a hug this time?" he opened his arms a little, eyes shining mischievously.

Lisa glanced at the hallway to check if Chaeyoung was there before looking at him, "No."

"Oh come on," he whined, taking a step towards her.

"No," Lisa giggled, pushing him lightly. "We have work to do. You promised to help."

He was too fast and too strong for her, so Lisa found herself in his warm embrace in a heartbeat, "Okay but, hugs first."

"Stop it," she giggled again but hugged him back anyway.

His arms circled around her tightly, enveloping her with his safe hug and buried his face into her neck – which stopped Lisa's heart. She could feel his cold face pressing on her suddenly too hot skin, causing a slight shiver down her spine and she put her arms around his waist. She heard him sigh and take a deep breath, and Lisa tilted her head to rest it on his. He was just so warm and strong and wonderful and everything she could've wanted.

She realised she had closed her eyes only when she heard a shuffling sound from Chaeyoung's room and her eyes flew open as fast as she pulled back from Jungkook.

"Okay," thank god her voice wasn't trembling – unlike her hands. "Say hi to Chaeyoung and then come to the kitchen."

She turned around, smoothing her hair with her trembling hands as she walked away. Ridiculous, seriously. She heard his low chuckle and shook her head.

"You can't leave me here, I'm a guest," his voice was so close that she couldn't dare to look back, in case she would want to hug him again.

"Nope, you're here to work today. Go wash your hands," Lisa giggled. Thank god a door opened right at that moment.

A fully clothed and very much irritated Park Chaeyoung stood at the door of her room and her hands were on her hips, an eyebrow arched, and eyes glaring – with a towel still wrapped around her head.

"Jeon Jungkook."

"Hi Chaeyoung," the said boy raised one hand and grinned cutely. It didn't work.

"Why are you here," Chaeyoung was still glaring.

And Jungkook was still grinning, "I came to help."

That made the brown haired girl snort, "Help my ass. You're going to be a distraction. You already interrupted my bath time."

"You could continue, Chaeyoung," Jungkook glanced at Lisa, who was looking at them with her brows arched and an amused smile curving her lips. "I'll be busy with other things."

"Don't you dare to follow her around like a lost puppy and distract her," Chaeyoung pointed an accusing finger to the boy and continued before he could speak, "And I know you will and let me tell you, if we're late because of you, you'll pay for that."

"Oh my god, Chaeyoung," Lisa interrupted, laughing and walked to Jungkook. "Calm down, everything will be fine. You just keep on with your routine honey, I've got this." She smiled at Chaeyoung and grabbed Jungkook's arm, glancing at him and then turned to Chaeyoung again, "I have a slave. I'm going to make him work. Besides, I'm already done with khaorad kaeng. I'm going to make him make pad thai and spring rolls. And then he can cook the galbi. You just relax."

"I'd like to say that I'm not even a bit scared," Jungkook smiled smugly. "I'm an excellent cook."

"Yeah, we'll see that," Lisa eyed him with a smile before pulling him towards the kitchen.

Chaeyoung couldn't help the smile despite her mood, "Don't burn the kitchen down!" she called after them as she watched Lisa drag the boy into the kitchen. Lisa grinned over his shoulder and gave her a thumbs up and they disappeared, leaving Chaeyoung laughing.

She stretched, raising her arms and returned her room, feeling better. It was so nice to see them together, they matched so well and they looked so happy. Thus, Chaeyoung was happy, too. She knew they'd be good for each other. And he had saved her from cooking.

So Chaeyoung walked into her room with a satisfied smile and just hoped that the two wouldn't forget to cook.

*

"Jungkook what are you doing?" Lisa laughed silently as she checked the dumplings.

"I'm trying to find the cutlery," a nonchalant voice replied from the top of her head.

"Get off me," Lisa playfully scolded him as she pushed him back and turned her head a little to look at his eyes. She was standing in front of the stove and he was right behind her, arms on either side of Lisa, caging her in his embrace.

An arm snaked its way around her waist and pulled her, causing Lisa's back to hit Jungkook's chest and Lisa had to reach her arm to prevent the boiling water from spilling.

"Jungkook!"

"Oops."

"First of all, that was a dangerous thing to do," Lisa managed to say after carefully putting down the spoon and turning down the heat. She turned around and her face almost collided with Jungkook's, he was so close.

Lisa's lips parted involuntarily as her eyes were captured by Jungkook's affectionate gaze, which caused a flush to colour her face in the prettiest shades of pink. She could physically feel her heart beating against her ribcage and she forgot what she was going to say.

"Second?" he murmured, eyes still fixated on hers.

Lisa blinked after one second, "Huh?"

"You said 'first of all'," Jungkook inhaled her sweet scent. "What's the second?"

She was looking at him absentmindedly, the hazel eyes he knew so well were looking at him with dilated pupils and an innocent look in them.

"I..." Lisa licked her obviously dry lips and Jungkook's eyes darted down to them, pink and plush and sweet looking. Then he raised his eyes to hers again to see the loveliest baby pink tint on her cheekbones.

"You're so beautiful," he sighed.

The thumping of her heart fastened even more for a second and then she could literally feel nothing – no pulse, no fluttering, only an ache and thank heavens it lasted only a second or so because human body was useless without a beating heart. She exhaled the breath she was holding and blinked a couple of times to realise the inches she had between her face and Jungkook's were reducing awfully fast and she was too young to die at this point of her life so her fingers closed around the closest thing she had in her arm's reach and grabbed the thing – which turned out to be the wooden spoon – to bring it between them.

"No," she breathed out again when she could feel Jungkook's lips pressing the spoon onto hers. His eyes watched her with surprise as she pulled back.

"Not now, not like this," Lisa corrected her words, averting his gaze.

There was a silence before Jungkook finally smiled and his eyes gained their glint back as Lisa glanced at him anxiously.

"Okay," he lightly accepted, straightening, but his eyes were hard on hers. "But soon."

Lisa slowly bit her lip subconsciously and nodded ever so slightly, her heart filling with the feathery light tingles of expectation.

*

The dinner was a mess at first.

Everyone was so nervous and awkward that at one point, even Lisa felt awkward with his father while sitting on their coach side by side.

"So, dad," she turned to his clearly amused father and gestured Jin. "Jin oppa is the son of Kim Seohwan, the president of Haesung Hospitals. And he's a resident there."

"Oh really?" her father turned to an obviously nervous Jin with a genuine interest in his almond shape eyes – there was no question about whom Lisa had taken after. "I've been to Haesung a couple of times, I think."

"Yes, sir," Jin straightened and smiled stiffly. "I was a student back then, so unfortunately I couldn't meet you. We'll be honoured to welcome you to our hospital again, though."

"And I'll gladly come," the Professor smiled. "I heard wonderful things about you from Lisa."

"Oh," Jin was a little taken aback but glanced at Lisa with a smile. "I'm sure she exaggerated."

"How about we talk about the things I so not exaggerated while we have dinner?" Lisa interrupted them, getting up and gesturing the already prepared table.

"Thank god, I'm starving," Yoongi groaned as he bolted up and came to Lisa's side, he'd been awfully silent all this time. Jisoo, who was trailing after him, scolded Yoongi jokingly.

"Oppa! How rude!" despite her words, Jisoo never took off her eyes from the table.

"Right now, I'm a simple man with basic needs," Yoongi shrugged as he peeked at the table. Lisa laughed.

"I made khaorad kaeng," she elbowed him, a knowing smile on her lips. The boy laughed.

"I've grown pretty fond of it."

God bless Min Yoongi and Kim Jisoo. They were the only ones who weren't awkward by choice – they just went with the flow.

After that (and with some food in their system), everyone visibly relaxed and returned to their normal, fun selves which relieved Lisa so much that the knots in her tummy were nowhere to be felt – leaving just plain giddiness and pure happiness from her two families getting along so well. At one point, her father had thanked every single one of them for taking care of Lisa this well and making her happy (at this part, Lisa didn't miss how his eyes darted to the side Jungkook was sitting for a second and groaned internally) and for not leaving her alone. They all had reassured him that Lisa was family for them and that created a knot in Lisa's throat, threatening her eyes with the over-familiar salty water and she had excused herself to the kitchen to breathe for a moment – only to be followed by Chaeyoung who hugged her tightly and placed a kiss on her cheek ("Come on honey, you know we love you." – "Ugh Chaeyoung, we're in public.") and tickled a little bit.

So all was well now.

Sometime during dinner, Lisa's father turned to Jin, "So, Jin, Lisa told me you're working on a research about cardiovascular diseases and the risk factors."

Jin nodded after he chewed and swallowed his bite behind the hand he politely covered his mouth with, "I do. Although the more I make progress, the harder it gets."

"It's not a field we're excelling at," Lisa's father looked at Lisa for her confirmation before turning to Jin again. "But I have a couple of friends who have been specializing in cardiovascular system for many years now," his eyes lost focus as he thoughtfully started to list the names he's going through in his brain, "Professor Samantha Bonneville from Oxford, Professor Liu-Xieng from Hong Kong National, Professor Julio Carla from New Castle College and oh, Professor Arabella Mirrend from Boston," he added suddenly remembering. "I can arrange something if you'd like?"

When his eyes regained his focuses, he saw Jin gaping at him, "What?"

"Can –" Jin cleared his throat upon hearing how high it sounded when everyone laughed. "Can I make contact with Professor Mirrend?" he continued with as much dignity as he could gather. Lisa's father smiled.

"Of course. I'll call Arabella tomorrow and you can make contact with her as soon as possible."

"Oh my god Joon, you hear that?!" Jin turned to Namjoon with shining eyes, grabbing the younger's arm and shaking it. "Arabella Mirrend!"

Namjoon laughed, "Yes hyung, and you forgot to thank."

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry," this time he turned to Lisa's father. "Thank you so much Professor."

"I didn't know your father was this influential," Yoongi, who was sitting beside her, leaned towards Lisa to murmur. "Look at Jin hyung, he's about to die."

Lisa smiled, "Dad's been in this field for so long, he knows a lot of people."

He then looked at Lisa dead in the eyes, "Is there a chance that he could be acquaintances with Dr.Dre?"

"I don't think so," Lisa giggled, pressing her hand onto her mouth to keep it low.

"No?" Yoongi chewed his bite, swallowed and after thinking a while, he added with a really serious voice, "How about David Foster?"

Lisa was trying so hard to keep it down to answer so she just shook her head. A smile appeared on Yoongi's lips.

"No David Foster? How about Neptunes? DJ Premier?"

"Stop it," Lisa managed to elbow him between her giggles. She was almost a bright crimson from holding her breath. She heard Yoongi's low chuckle and looked at him to see him give her a gummy smile. She smiled back as she fanned her face.

Later, she leaned back in her seat and looked around the table. Jisoo and Chaeyoung were talking about Chaeyoung's new hair and different hair colours and surprisingly, Jungkook was giving his comments 'as the representative of the male species'; and Namjoon, Jin and Yoongi were talking with her father about music – Lisa's father was so impressed when he had learned Yoongi was studying to be a producer and he was really immersed in the conversation he had with the younger as he himself liked to play the piano, which surprised every single one of her friends.

So yeah, all was well.

*

It was almost midnight when the eldest of the group – that being Jin – decided that it was enough for today. How everyone silently obeyed him was another one of the many things that surprised Lisa's father tonight, but he kept it to himself as much as Lisa could see. Though she was sure he was going to comment about it the next time they were alone.

So they were about to leave when the silent question was vocalised by Jungkook.

"Professor," he cleared his throat with a sudden tension in his shoulders. "I'd like to drive you back to the hotel, if you'd feel okay with it."

As Jin and Namjoon glanced at each other and the corners of Yoongi's lips twitched upwards, Jisoo elbowed Chaeyoung to warn the younger to be quiet and Lisa's father stared at Jungkook for a couple of seconds before finally smiling.

"Thank you, Jungkook. It'd be great."

Lisa, who had bitten her lip anxiously and eyes had been darting between Jungkook and her father, subtly took a relieved breath upon hearing this. She could see Jungkook's shoulders easing and that devastatingly ethereal smile she loved so much appeared on his lips, making Lisa's heart flutter out of nowhere.

They all bid their goodbyes before leaving, each one of them hugging Lisa and Chaeyoung tightly and Namjoon pinched her cheek as it was his habit and Jin patted her head and Yoongi caressed her hair and Jisoo kissed her cheek – she was pretty embarrassed that they did these in front of her father but these were what they always did, not something to show off to her father, so Lisa didn't protest. That, until Jungkook came and leaned into her ear to whisper after she said goodbye to her father.

"So I want you to know that I'd like goodbye hugs to be our thing."

Lisa's eyes darted to him in an instant with panic and she hissed, "No. Don't you dare."

"Damn. I needed encouragement for the ride," he sighed. Lisa laughed silently.

"You've called for it. Who told you to offer that? I was going to drive him back."

"Yeah, right," Jungkook snorted quietly. Then looked at her again, "I want to speak with him."

This made Lisa suddenly anxious, "Why? What are you going to say?" She bit her lip.

"I may or may not tell you later," Jungkook winked at her and took a step back, saying goodbye to Chaeyoung while Lisa watched him nervously and anxiety growing inside of her.

Then they just left the house.

They've been cleaning up for hours now and Lisa was so occupied with her thoughts about what Jungkook might say to her father that she didn't realise she had been holding the same plate under water for solid two minutes when Chaeyoung woke her up from her trance.

"You do realise that you're wasting the water our planet and humanity need to survive, right?" Chaeyoung said when she put the plate stack next to the sink rather loudly and rested a hand on her hip.

"Sorry," Lisa turned off the faucet, still restless.

"What's wrong?" Chaeyoung's tone was gentle. "Everything went well. The dinner was a success. Don't worry."

"It's Jungkook," Lisa sighed. "That prick. What do you think he wanted to talk to dad about?"

"Probably your wedding," Chaeyoung snorted but she grew serious upon seeing the look on Lisa's face. "I don't know. Maybe he wanted to make sure your father approved him. It seemed like he cared about that a lot."

"Why would he do that, ugh," Lisa groaned. "We're fine the way we are!"

"You didn't talk about him with your father? Move aside," Chaeyoung added after eyeing Lisa for a second and turned on the faucet to clean the plates she just brought before placing them in the dishwasher.

"I did," Lisa handed her one of the plates. "He asked me about him the moment he saw Jungkook."

"Oooh, what did you say?" Chaeyoung teased her as she cleaned another plate. Lisa gave her a look.

"I told him that I liked Jungkook, that he was... important for me," Lisa's voice was hesitant as she felt the tip of her ears warm up but the teasing she tried to prepare herself didn't come from Chaeyoung.

Because the brown haired girl was frowning thoughtfully, "I don't remember that conversation."

"We were speaking in Thai. I didn't want Jungkook to hear that."

"You're unbelievable," Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and Lisa shrugged.

"He already knows he's different. Confessions make me shy, I'm still not over the awful things I did when I was drunk."

"Girl you should be thankful to those awful things," Chaeyoung gave her a look. "I sure am."

Lisa chuckled and handed her another plate.

"What did he say?"

"He told me to be careful and that I'd have a lot of chances at love. He asked me if I trusted Jungkook. I said I did enough to like him. He seemed okay with it then," Lisa added, remembering the conversation.

"Then what are you getting worried for?" Chaeyoung grabbed the cutlery and put them under water to rinse a little before putting them in the dishwasher.

"I don't know. I just feel restless. I never know what Jungkook will do," Lisa sighed tiredly.

"Call him," Chaeyoung turned to her when she finished loading the machine and rose up. "Save both of us from this misery. I'm too tired to reassure you."

Lisa laughed at how spent and done her friend looked and took her phone out. Jungkook should be home by now, it was almost 2am and if he were sleeping, then he just had to wake up and spill everything to Lisa.

She pressed the little phone icon anxiously and her heart started to thump in her chest as she waited for the dialling tone but instead, she heard the busy signal, causing her to frown.

"What?" Chaeyoung looked at her expectantly. Lisa ended the call.

"He's talking with someone. Who's he talking with at this hour?" she felt a strange feeling and before she knew, she was calling him again. Still busy.

"Why is he taking so long?" she murmured, chewing on her lip. She turned her eyes to Chaeyoung when she heard a giggle.

"Are you jealous?"

"What?" the disbelief in Lisa's voice was sharp. "No? It's just it's so late."

"Probably his mom or something, Liz," Chaeyoung yawned. "You'll meet your dad tomorrow, right? You'll ask him. Leave Jungkook alone, I'm sure he's freaking out right now. I'm gonna go to sleep, good night," she added and kissed Lisa's cheek, smiling at her. Lisa smiled back.

"But who's he talking though..." she murmured to herself before starting to clean the kitchen counter.

*

Namjoon threw himself into the bed with a yawn and a book in his hand. The soft, fluffy mattress made the young man groan sweetly. He was so tired and thank god he had the afternoon shift at the hospital tomorrow so he could sleep. Unlike Jin, who was supposed to be at the hospital in six hours. He sighed and got up, sliding under the duvet and arranged his pillows for leaning back as he wanted to read the book he'd been neglecting so much. Jin entered the room just when he had put on his glasses.

"How do you think it went with Kookie and Lisa's father?" Jin asked when he stood in front of their closet to pick up the clothes he was going to wear tomorrow as he rubbed the moisturising cream into his hands, his voice was dripping with curiosity. Namjoon chuckled.

"I just hope he didn't make a fool of himself," he sighed, eyes skimming through the page to find the place he left off. "You know how he is when he gets nervous."

Jin snorted, "Yeah. Poor Kookie. He looked really nervous."

There was a silence as Jin shuffled the clothes on the racks before deciding on a simple blue shirt and baby blue jeans while Namjoon read his book.

"But how do you think it went, though?" Jin turned to Namjoon again. The younger smiled.

"I don't know hyung, why don't you call him if you're so curious?"

"Aren't you curious?" Jin arched a brow. "Our son is talking with the love of his life's father – who is an even more awesome person that we'd thought, I may add. Arabella Mirrend, Jjun, can you believe this?"

Namjoon looked at Jin's gleaming eyes and the excited smile on his perfect lips and how it brightened his handsome face and felt that ever-lasting flame in his heart flare up again, filling his whole existence with the love he felt for this man.

"Yeah, it's amazing hyung, really," he closed the book, putting it on the night stand. "I can't believe you're finally gonna meet her."

"Not meet her, obviously," Jin corrected him as he walked towards the little table beside the full-length mirror they had in the corner that they'd put their phones on and took his own. "But to even get a mail from her? It's a dream come true. Do you think Jungkook is sleeping? It's almost 2am," he added hesitantly.

Namjoon snorted, "I'm sure he's too overwhelmed to sleep right now. Just call him."

Jin dialled the number and waited as he listened the dialling tone. It took Jungkook three rings to answer.

"Hello hyung," his somehow tense voice answered the call.

"Hi, Kookie," Jin turned his eyes to Namjoon as if waiting for an encouragement. The younger arched his brows hearteningly and gestured him to keep going.

"I wanted to ask how it went with Lisa's dad," Jin smiled expectantly while walking towards the bed and slipping inside the duvet and leaning his back on the headboard as he sat. And he put the call on speaker so Namjoon could hear him too.

"Uh, I don't know," Jungkook replied, unsure. "It could've been better, I think."

"Tell me you didn't make a fool of yourself, kid," Namjoon smirked as Jin laughed.

"What – no. Come on hyung," Jungkook protested.

"Just tell us what happened then," Jin impatiently cut his words. "It's late and I have to be at the hospital in six hours. You're wasting my precious time."

"Okay, okay," the youngest sighed on the other side of the line. And took a deep breath.

"I was just about to make small talk when he asked me about why I wanted to become a doctor as he said he knew my parents were in trading business – apparently Lisa did talk to him about me."

Namjoon and Jin glanced at each other before Jin encouraged Jungkook, "Well that's nice."

"Yeah," the youngest was surely smiling. "I told him that I've always wanted to be a surgeon and only when I had told them that I was serious my parents had told me about their plans about family business. Then he asked me about how I met with Lisa after asking a couple of unimportant questions about school and all."

"Wow, he's straightforward, that's for sure," Jin commented before stifling a yawn and sliding under the duvet to lean back on Namjoon's torso, placing his head on his shoulder as the younger wrapped his arm around Jin.

"Yeah. And then at some point I felt like I need to reassure him about my feelings for Lisa, so I told him that I had had strong feelings about her from the start that just got stronger with time and that I wanted to make her happy."

"Wow, Kook," Namjoon laughed, impressed. "You were straightforward, too."

They heard a shy laugh from the other side of the line, "Well, Lisa's father isn't exactly the right person to beat around the bush, right? I have a limited amount of time to make him believe that I care about his daughter and to seek his approval."

"How did he receive this information?"

"He didn't say much but he seemed okay, I guess. I don't know, we'll see," that unsure and nervous tone was in Jungkook's voice again and the older boys felt a warm sympathy towards him.

"It'll be okay. You're a nice catch, Kook," Jin sweetly reassured the boy. "You've got the looks, the brains, the kind heart and the genuine feelings. And Lisa likes you too. There isn't a reason for him not to approve you."

"Okay you're making me embarrassed now," Jungkook laughed and Namjoon chuckled.

"Hyung's right. Relax. It'll be fine."

"Yeah, I guess," the youngest sighed. Jin yawned again.

"Okay, I'm ending this call. It's too late and I'm an old man. Good night, the member of the young generation."

Both Namjoon and Jungkook laughed at this.

"Good night hyung, thanks for calling," his gratitude was evident in Jungkook's voice.

"You're welcome kid, good night," Namjoon smiled before taking the phone from Jin's hand and ending the call. He placed the device on his night stand.

"This reminds me when I first met your father, hyung," Namjoon laughed to himself. Jin joined him.

"You were petrified."

"Well yeah," Namjoon's voice was defensive. "Do you know how hard it's to face your intimidating boyfriend's even more intimidating father for the first time?"

"I do," Jin deadpanned him. "I met yours, too, remember?"

Namjoon rolled his eyes, "Yeah, but you're Kim Seokjin. It's not the same thing."

"It didn't feel like that when I was looking at your father's eyes," Jin yawned again and Namjoon laughed, sliding under the duvet and hugging Jin from behind.

"I remember I couldn't sleep the night before, I had nightmares."

"Yeah," Jin let out a heartfelt laugh as he turned his head to look at Namjoon in the eye. "You were so pale that I had thought you were going to faint."

Namjoon grinned with his dimples, "Your mom was nice, though. She made me feel better."

Jin rolled his eyes before turning around and placing his head on Namjoon's chest, "You came along with your adorable dimples and hortensias, there was no way she wouldn't like you. She even warned me to be careful," he sighed. And the imitation Namjoon expected followed that sigh closely, "'You better treat him great, Kim Seokjin, I won't forgive you if you break his heart'. Jesus, I swear she loves you more than she loves me."

He heard Namjoon's laugh and smiled automatically. The younger reached to smooth and play with Jin's hair, "Even though I like and respect your father and the other members of your family so much, I think your mom is my favourite, hyung. I'll be eternally grateful to her, she has a special place in my heart."

"And why is that?" Jin frowned as he raised his head to look at the younger in the eye. He was smiling at him affectionately and with the dimples Jin was weak for.

"Well she gave birth to you, didn't she?"

Jin snorted, "Ew, Jjun, you're too cheesy for 3am."

"Don't act like you don't like it," Namjoon grinned, combing Jin's hair with his hand.

Jin smiled and pressed his lips onto younger's soft ones, kissing him tenderly and with all his heart, as it belonged to this wonderful man with dimples.

"Thank you love," he cooed when he pulled back and waited Namjoon to open his eyes, a smile lingering on the younger's lips. When he opened his eyes, Jin motioned him to turn off the light.

"I love you, but I need to sleep. Just play with my hair. I need cuddles."

Namjoon snorted as he turned off the lights and hugged Jin closer, tangling himself with the older.

"When do you not need cuddles, hyung?"

The reply came as a light pinch on his back.

~~end of part 2~~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.4K 695 48
Formerly Known as : 'Will You Still Love Me the Same?' "No turning back?" Jungkook assured Lisa with glistened eyes. "Definitely not." Lisa grab his...
45.7K 1.3K 27
There is a boy who is anti-romantic (by force) married to a girl.... What is the future of this relation?... Will they get divorced in future or they...
2.8K 69 17
❝ So show me, I'll show you ❞ ❝ It's okay to believe, the Magic Shop will comfort you ❞ No matter how big the challenge is, love will always lead us...
155K 5.5K 27
BOOK I OF THE "CRYING" SERIES ❝ He doesn't have a clue how bad he fucked me up, not like he would care anyway. ❞ - Lisa ❝ And when you cry, I'll be...