Runaway (A Zayn Malik fanfict...

By exquisites

"You are the best and worst thing that has ever happened to me, you bastard. I need you but I can't have you... More

Chapter 1 ♡
Chapter 2 ♡
Chapter 3 ♡
Chapter 4 ♡
Chapter 5 ♡
Chapter 6 ♡
Chapter 7 ♡
Chapter 8 ♡
Chapter 9 ♡
Chapter 10 ♡
Chapter 11 ♡
Chapter 12 ♡
Chapter 13 ♡
Chapter 14 ♡
Chapter 15 ♡
Chapter 16 ♡
Chapter 17 ♡
Chapter 18 ♡
Chapter 19 ♡
Chapter 20 ♡
Chapter 21 ♡
Chapter 22 ♡
Chapter 23 ♡
Chapter 24 ♡
Chapter 25 ♡
Chapter 26 ♡
Chapter 27 ♡
Chapter 28 ♡
Chapter 29 ♡
Chapter 30 ♡
Chapter 31 ♡
Chapter 32 ♡
Chapter 33 ♡
Chapter 34 ♡
Chapter 35 ♡
Chapter 36 ♡
Chapter 37 ♡
Chapter 38 ♡
Chapter 39 ♡
Chapter 40 ♡
Chapter 41 ♡
Chapter 42 ♡
Chapter 43 ♡
Chapter 44 ♡
Chapter 45 ♡
Chapter 46 ♡
Chapter 47 ♡
Chapter 48 ♡
Chapter 49 ♡
Chapter 50 ♡
Chapter 51 ♡
Chapter 52 ♡
Chapter 53 ♡
Chapter 54 ♡
Chapter 55 ♡
Chapter 56 ♡
Chapter 57 ♡
Chapter 58 ♡
Chapter 59 ♡
Chapter 60 ♡
Chapter 61 ♡
Chapter 62 ♡
Chapter 63 ♡
Chapter 64 ♡
Chapter 65 ♡
Chapter 66 ♡
Chapter 67 ♡
Chapter 68 ♡
Chapter 69 ♡
Chapter 70 ♡
Chapter 71 ♡
Chapter 72 ♡
Chapter 73 ♡
Chapter 75 ♡
Chapter 76 ♡
Chapter 77 ♡
Chapter 78 ♡
Chapter 79 ♡
Chapter 80 ♡
Chapter 81 ♡
Chapter 82 ♡
Chapter 83 ♡
Chapter 84 ♡
Chapter 85 ♡
Chapter 86 ♡
Chapter 87 ♡
Chapter 88 ♡
Chapter 89 ♡
Chapter 90 ♡
Chapter 91 ♡
Chapter 92 ♡
Chapter 93 ♡
Chapter 94 ♡
Chapter 95 ♡
Chapter 96 ♡
Chapter 97 ♡
Chapter 98 ♡
Chapter 99 ♡
Chapter 100 ♡
Author's Note

Chapter 74 ♡

43K 1.5K 776
By exquisites

Chapter 74

(Kat's POV)

"No no no," Zayn laughed, holding one of my eyebrows down with his finger. "Okay, now try."

So I tried to raise only one of my eyebrows for the twentieth time, but once again, my eyebrow slid from underneath his finger and raised. I laughed as he threw his head back, clutching on to his stomach because of how hard he was laughing.

"I'm sorry," I grinned, pulling him forward so he didn't fall off the couch. "It's impossible."

He leaned into me, looking at my eyes, his mouth still turned into a grin as giggles escaped his lips, "nothing's impossible."

I rolled my eyes lovingly, "so that means I can fly?"

She chuckled quietly, "except that. Everything is possible except flying."

I smiled, leaning in to place a kiss on his lips. Even though we tried to maintain the kiss, Zayn was too giggly to kiss me back. We both pulled away, our laughs echoing around my empty apartment.

I loved it when Zayn was in a mood like this. All he ever did was laugh at the most ridiculous things, weather they were funny or not. But I didn't mind. Hearing him laugh was the best feeling in the world and brought me so much happiness. I wished that this mood would last forever.

"I'm sorry," he laughed, collecting breaths, "let me kiss you now."

I shrugged, "I don't want to anymore."

He raised an eyebrow, "you don't want to?"

I clicked my tongue, "nope."

"You sure?"

"Positive."

"Okay," he frowned, "if that's how you want it to be."

I smiled at him, then grabbed a fistful of his shirt and pressed his lips to mine. He pressed me against the couch, about to continue the kiss when we were disturbed by a knock on the door. Zayn groaned as he pulled away, and I giggled.

"Who is it?" He asked me, climbing off the couch.

I shrugged, "no idea."

He walked to the door, not really remembering that he was in my apartment as he flung the door open. I didn't have a view from the couch of who it was, but I noticed Zayn's eyes grow wide with fear as he murmured, "shit."

Oh no.

"Shit!" I head Cora's voice yell.

I stumbled off the couch and towards the door. Once reaching there, I saw Cora staring at us.

"I can explain this," I started.

"No time," Cora spoke, shoving herself into the apartment, "Mark's coming. Hide him."

I was confused but did as I was told. I took Zayn's hand and guided him to my room, then shoved him into my closet.

"Why is she helping us?" Zayn asked, balancing himself.

"I don't know," I replied. "I'm sorry about this."

He smiled, "don't be. It's fun."

I giggled as he leaned in and pressed a kiss on my forehead and I heard Cora yell from the living room, "he's coming!"

I pulled away from Zayn and shut the closet door, running back into the living room just in time to see Dad walk in. He looked down, staring at Tigger as he sniffed Dad's feet.

"When did you get him?" Dad asked.

I shrugged, walking to dad and taking his coat off of him. "Not too long ago. He's the same cat who always used to come to our backyard, remember?"

"Oh," Dad said, "well keep him away from me. I'm allergic, remember?"

I nodded, shooing away Tigger. Dad and Cora took a seat on the couch, and Cora looked nervous. She kept looking back at my room to see if Zayn was going to come out. I swear, she would blow our cover.

"So how's it going sweetheart?" Dad said, getting comfortable on the couch.

I shrugged, "same old, same old. What about you?"

"Ehh," he spoke, "really busy lately. Wanted to make time for you, but you're almost always just as busy as me."

I sat down on the chair across the couch, "sorry about that. Paying off the rent of this apartment is hard."

Dad laughed, "tell me about it."

Cora looked over one more time, and this time, Dad caught her staring. "What're you looking at?" He asked.

Cora turned back to dad, smiling, "oh nothing. Just afraid that cat might sneak up on me."

I took a breath of relief, noticing dad nod. He turned back to me, "so I was going to ask if you wanted to go out for dinner?"

I looked down, I didn't want to leave Zayn. But then again I couldn't shut down Dad. I took a peek at Cora who nodded, probably realizing my struggle.

I looked up at Dad, "okay, let me just get my coat."

Everyone stood up, and I walked to my room. I shut the door behind me, running to the closet. Zayn opened it, and I saw him sitting there, his eyes full of hope thinking Dad had left. He stood up, but I shook my head.

"He's taking me out for dinner," I spoke, grabbing a random coat.

"Oh," he looked to the floor.

I brought my fingers under his chin, lifting his gaze to meet mine. "I'm sorry babe. I can't say no to him."

He shrugged, "it's fine."

I leaned forward, placing a soft kiss on his lips. He didn't kiss back like he usually would, and I knew he was upset. I would be too. I sighed when pulling away, "I love you."

He nodded, looking down. "I love you too."

I walked away from him, knowing that if I would've stayed, I would've changed my mind. Once outside, I saw Dad and Cora waiting for me by the door.

"Ready?" Dad asked me.

I nodded, feeling very bad for leaving Zayn.

Dad walked in front, but Cora stayed behind with me. "Is he upset?" She whispered.

"Yeah," I replied. "But thanks for helping."

She smiled, "it's okay. I never actually bought the whole 'we broke up' thing."

I giggled, "but why are you helping?"

"Because I know he makes you happy, and you always look for him when you're upset." She looked up me, her eyes glistening. "And I know that he's in love with you. But it isn't the normal type of love, it's the type of love only a few people are blessed with. I'm not going to take that from you, because I know that you need someone like him in your life."

I smiled, trying to hold back tears. I always thought Cora never really liked me up to this day. Today, when I needed her, she was there. She helped me. She believes in not only me, but Zayn also. I couldn't ask for anything more from her.

"Thank you so much, Cora," I whispered.

She gave my hand a reassuring squeeze, "no problem."

When we reached the car and sat inside, Dad asked me, "so where do you want to go?"

"Your choice."

He started the car, beginning to drive. I sighed as we pulled away, getting a sick feeling in my stomach for leaving Zayn behind.

***

"Thank you for dinner dad," I said, climbing out of the car.

"Don't worry about it sweetheart," he replied, starting the car.

I walked towards my flat, waving to him, "bye!"

"Bye!" Both him and Cora said, pulling out of the driveway.

I walked to my flat, watching as Dad and Cora drove away. I pulled out my keys when I heard, "hi there."

I turned my head to see a dark haired boy standing there with a smile on his face. He reached forward extended his hand out for me to shake. "I'm Aaron, just moved in next door to you. Thought I would introduce myself."

I reached forward and shook his hand, "hi Aaron. I'm Kat."

"And I'm Zayn," I heard Zayn's voice call out as my flat door flung open. He walked towards me and wrapped his arm around my waist, showing Aaron who's I was. I expected that, but obviously Aaron didn't.

"Oh hi, Zayn. Just telling Kat that I moved in next door." Aaron tried to keep a smile on his face.

Zayn nodded, "amazing."

I rolled my eyes at Zayn's cocky behavior. But to Aaron, I said, "it was nice to meet you, Aaron."

Aaron nodded, smiling at me, "nice to meet you too. And Zayn also."

Aaron waved at us before walking to his flat, and Zayn and I did the same. Once inside, I asked Zayn, "why didn't you go home?"

Zayn furrowed his eyebrows, "why? Did you want me to?"

I sighed, "no, I was just asking."

"Should I go now?" He asked, his voice hard.

I rolled my eyes, "Zayn, calm down."

"I am calm," he replied, his voice sharp.

"No you aren't," I replied, walking over and setting the foil box on the counter. "I brought you some food, eat it if you want."

"You're changing the subject," he spat.

I looked up at him, "what subject?"

He groaned, "you know what? Nevermind."

I shrugged, "I'm going to sleep. Talk to me when you come into your senses."

"I am in my senses!" He shouted.

I walked to my room, "no you aren't."

I went into my bathroom and stripped down before heading into the shower. Zayn was being an ass for no reason. Okay, fine, I knew I shouldn't have left him, but I had no choice. And when Aaron was talking to me, he was being arrogant for no reason. But this happened to him a lot, and I knew that I'd rather not talk to him while he was in this mood otherwise we'd fight. And I'm not in the mood to fight again.

I hopped out of the shower and wore shorts and a T-shirt, getting ready for bed. I laid down on my bed, sighing as I pulled the sheets over me. I shut my eyes, trying to find some sleep.

When my eyes finally became heavy and sleep took over, I felt an arm wrap around my waist, pulling me close. My eyes flew open, but I didn't turn to face him.

"Go away," I whispered.

"No," he whispered back.

"I don't like you," I lied.

He rested his lips on my ear, "it's okay, I have enough love for the both of us."

I shifted after feeling his hand run up and down my bare thigh, goosebumps rising on my skin.

"Stop it," I whispered as he kissed my neck.

"No can do," he whispered back.

I sucked in a breath as his hand went under my shirt, taking full advantage of the fact that I had no bra on. I pressed my back to his chest, squeezing my eyes shut. He made me feel so many different things.

"Zayn," I whispered. "Stop it."

He began to massage my breasts softly, purposely making me weaker in front of him. It was a lie if I said that I didn't enjoy it when he touched me like this, but he was doing it to make me weak.

"You are such a bastard," I said to him.

He kissed the skin of my neck, "I'm sorry, darling. I didn't mean to yell outside."

I rolled my eyes, "you never mean to. You always just do."

He sighed, "I know. I'm a horrible person."

"Yes you are," I teased.

His hands made their way down my waist and to my legs again. But before he could've done anything, I turned around and faced him. He looked down at me, smiling.

"I'm really sorry," he spoke, looping his leg around mine.

I stared at him, then finally surrendered. "It's okay. I'm sorry too, for leaving you."

"It's fine," he said, running his hand up and down my leg.

I brought my hands to his bare chest, tracing his lips tattoo. "Are we going to hide like this forever?"

He sighed, as if he expected this question. "Maybe one day, he'll give in."

"But what if he doesn't?" I asked, looking up to meet his eyes.

He took a deep breath, pulling my face against his chest and resting his chin on the top of my head. "It's okay. After all, he's the only thing keeping us from being together. Everyone else is okay, it's just him. We can get over him."

"I hope."

"And if he never agrees," he stated, "then we need a backup plan."

I looked up at him, "like what?"

His eyes beamed, "well, I've been thinking about it for a while now. I even have everything planned out. Don't laugh," he took a breath, "but maybe we can run away."

I furrowed my eyebrows, "run away?"

He nodded, "yeah, but that's only if he disagrees forever. I know it's stereotypical and fail most of the time, but it's the only option left."

I shook my head, "it's never going to work."

"Yes it will," he promised. "I planned out everything and thought of a way we could pay for everything too. I've been working on it for a couple of months now, and I fully believe that it's going to work."

"Even if it does work, I'm not running away from my dad. He didn't raise me for almost twenty years just so I can run away from him."

A disappointed look grew on his face, and I knew I hurt his feelings. But it was true. I wasn't going to run away from my dad. Not because of anyone. But, I also couldn't imagine being without Zayn.

I reached up and placed my hand on his cheek, "but I'm not giving up on you."

He nodded, "I know."

I pulled his neck down to me. "I'm going to be with you no matter what it takes. Do you understand?"

Again, he nodded.

I took a breath, "I love you babe."

He leaned down and placed a kiss on my lips. "And you'll never give up on me."

----------

Update coming soon. Vote, comment, and share to make me smile. I love you all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

98.5K 8.1K 35
WINNER OF THE FANFICTION AWARDS 2017. Ranked #1 out of 77.1k Zayn stories, April 26 2020. Ranked #1 out of 252k Poetry books, May 8 2020. ~¤~ "You kn...
230K 11.9K 12
*Warning* This story contains violence, abuse, and sexual content. Do not read if you are triggered or not comfortable with this. © CynicalCaroline 2...
2.1K 137 21
"You really thought you could escape from me? No, baby, no one ever has, and no one ever will. It was never about love; it was just about getting you...
1.9K 90 26
Harry once asked me what was the most painful thing I've endured in my life, I couldn't answer to him back then but, hearing his desperate plead for...