Just The Right Black

By JaneLanett

Ariana Feilman an FBI special agent was just assigned a new case to protect a billionaire. She doesn't know w... More

Editing in Progress
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
2 MILLION!
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 56 (Extended)
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Epilogue
Appreciation
Burning Touch
BLM
Editing Completed!
Broken (Snippet)

Chapter 22

25.4K 1K 53
By JaneLanett

Ariana mounted her bike again as Jace removed the helmet.

"I really don't like what you're doing." He gave her the helmet.

"You don't need to." Ariana grabbed the helmet and put it on before she revved the bike and took off.

Shay had sent her the address of the security guard and all she wanted to do was ask him a few questions.

Ariana pulled up across the quiet street a few minutes later. The street lights brightened the dark street. It was late, families would probably be seated around the table for dinner, their doors shut for the day.

Ariana dismounted her bike and hooked her helmet on the clutch. She crossed the street and made her way to one of the white picket fenced houses. She walked through the gate and climbed up the stairs to the porch approaching the front door. She rang the doorbell and waited.

There were some movements behind the door before it was pulled open.

"Good evening." Ariana greeted the young woman who stood with the door open.

"Buenos tardes," she greeted with a heavily accented voice, "Can I help you?"

"Yes." Ariana adjusted her footing, "I'm looking for Ben Navaret."

"Porque?" She asked, "Did he do something wrong?"

"Not really," Ariana said, "I work for Mr. Black and I just need to ask him about some questions regarding his shift a few days ago."

She stared at her for a while before she answered.
"El se fue."
He's gone.

"Donde?"
Where?

"A su otro trabajo."
To his other job.

"Cuándo va a estar de regreso?"
When will he be back?

She shook her head.

"Ok," Ariana nodded, "Gracias."

"Mi esposo," She began as Ariana turned around to leave making her stop and turn around "...hará cualquier cosa para mantener a su familia feliz."
My husband will do anything to keep his family happy.

"Cualquier cosa."
Anything.

Ariana stared at her for a moment like she had just spoken in gibberish.

"Espere."
Wait.

Ben's wife turned around and went inside then came back seconds later and handed her a piece of paper.

"Comprobar esta dirección."
Check this address.

Ariana took the paper she handed her and smiled at her.
"Muchas gracias."

Ariana turned around and walked down the porch and heard the door shut behind her as she made her way out of the compound and towards her bike.

It took her a few minutes to locate the place but when she did, she parked her bike a safe distance away and headed towards the abandoned building which was in the middle of nowhere. Not exactly nowhere but isolated from other buildings which were a few blocks away.

Ariana locked her phone which she had used to locate the building and put it in her jeans back pocket. She pushed the wooden door and it creaked open. It was dark but the street light shone through the windows and gave her an idea of what her surrounding was. As she stepped inside, the darkness of the apartment engulfed her and she tried her best to avoid any creaking floorboard as she did a sweep of the apartment.

Living room. Kitchen. Bathroom.

Ariana closed the bathroom door which was right under the stairs and went to climb the stairs but stopped when she heard a scream. She immediately went for her gun which was safely tucked into her jeans at her back. She clicked off the safety and held the grip with both hands and went in the direction the scream came from. She stopped in front of a door where light creeped out through the cracks. One hand on the door handle, she slowly pulled it down and pulled it open as slowly as she could to avoid any sound. She could hear voices muffled voices and cries and punches in between those cries.

Ariana walked down the stairs and stopped at the bottom and watched the scene unfold in front of her. Two men stood in front of another man tied to a chair, his face covered in blood. They were so busy questioning and beating him they hadn't noticed her yet.

"Who did you tell, Ben?" The taller one asked the man in the chair.

Oh, well, that answers that.
Ariana thought.

Ben shook his head crying,
"No one," he said, "I swear."

The taller one sighed and looked at the bulky one who nodded and punched Ben. Ariana aimed her gun at the bulky man's leg and fired. His scream rang out as he fell to the ground while the taller one looked at from his friend to her in shock at what just happened.

"Who the hell are you?" He asked angrily,

"I ask the questions," Ariana now had the gun aimed at him, "You either shut up or answer them."

"Not a chance," he said as he launched for her.

Ariana rolled her eyes and hit his head with the hilt of the gun which sent him to the ground in pain and slightly disoriented.
"I don't know whether to call you stupid or brave for attacking me when I have a gun." Ariana dropped the hand that held the gun and stared at him as he tried to get back up, "I think I'll go for stupid."

She hit him on his head with the hilt of the gun, this time with the intention of knocking him out. She straightened when he fell sideways to the ground and looked at the guy who she'd shot on the leg.

"Get up." Ariana gestured with her gun aimed at him.

"I can't. You shot my leg."

"Does it look like I give a fuck?" She asked, "Get up before I shoot your other leg."

He tried to stand up with his good leg, wobbling every time he tried but then made it up.

"Untie him." She gestured to Ben.

He glared at her before he limped behind Ben and took his time as he untied him. Ben quickly scrambled out of the chair and fell to the floor as he did.

"Sit."

He didn't look too happy about being told what to do but he obeyed. Ariana walked behind him and tied him up and then went to help Ben up from the floor.

"Can you walk?"

He nodded and she helped him on his feet and then headed up the stairs and out of the building. He sat on the pedway as she took out her phone and called the director.

"Feilman?"

"Sir, I've got the security guard that was a part of the break-in and two other liable suspects."

"Location?"

Ariana gave him the location and waited for backup which didn't take very long. Just as the director stepped out of his car, she headed towards him. She watched the back of the FBI vehicle open up and it did, but she was surprised when she saw her team.

"What are you guys doing here?" She stopped and smiled,

"The director called in an assist," Killian said,

"And you said your assignment was no fun," Bob said as he walked by her,

"Believe me, it just took a detour," She said, "Basement. Down the hall to your right."

She told them where to find the other two guys as Jack neared her. Killian and Scoot walked up to Ben while Bob and Shaggy went into the building.

"Feilman, talk to me."

Ariana turned to him as he stopped in front of her, hands in his pockets.
"Agent Beck figured out who was involved in the break-in at Mr. Black's office and we traced it back to Mr. Navaret over there. Apparently, during the break-in, he let two people into the building whom I suspect are those two."

Right on cue, Bob and Shaggy dragged the two men from the basement towards the van, one limping, the other unconscious.

"Anything else?" Jack asked,

"They were questioning him," She said, "I believe he and his family won't be safe now that we have two of their men in custody."

"Very well." He nodded, "Does Black know about this?"

"He knows about Ben but not about tonight, sir."

Jack looked at her like he was trying to detect something. He blinked, nodded and then walked back to where the party was.

"Hey."

Ariana turned to find Scoot making his way towards her.

"Scoot?" She smiled,

"So, want to tell us what all this is about?" Shaggy joined him,

"If the director didn't mention anything to you then I can't say anything, sorry."

"We get it." Scoot said,

"Let me know when you get something from those guys. Shay would have mentioned something if she knew about this."

"Agent Beck is in on this?" Shaggy asked, surprised.

"She helps whenever she can."

He nodded.
"Well, we got to bust," Scoot said, "We'll call as soon as we have anything."

"Thanks."
Ariana made her way towards Ben who sat at the back of the Medic van. He smiled when he saw her.

"Thank you"

"Don't thank me just yet," She stopped in front of him, "Those men have friends that would probably come after you now. You'll have to go in for questioning."

"My family?"

"They'll be taken to a safe house under protective custody and you'll join them afterwards."

He nodded,
"I only helped them because they threatened my family," He said, "I have a small baby. Only a year old. I'll do anything to keep them safe."

Ariana took that in with a smile.
Cualquier cosa.

"Take care, Ben."

"You too."

Ariana watched as the medics lifted the stretcher he was in into the van and shut the door. She turned around and headed down the street as the vehicles drove off. She got onto her bike and drove back to Jace's.

Better late than never.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9K 780 40
[completed] "What's wrong? What's wrong is that no matter how hard you try and convince me that I'm what you want, I can't believe you. I see the way...
2.2M 82.5K 52
(BOOK 3 OF MAFIA LOVE SERIES) COMPLETED READ MIA REGINA AND ESCORT ME BABY BEFORE YOU READ THIS. This book CANNOT be read as a standalone. * The rea...
2.3K 132 14
I stand there, tears burning in the back of my eyes, as I look at the place I once called home. I spent my childhood in this house but now I don't ha...
322K 4.2K 47
[𝐌𝐚𝐟𝐢𝐚 𝐑𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞] Once lovers, now enemies, but their love was stronger. Milana Levine used to be one of the most well known assassins in N...