His Last Hope (TO/Hope Mikael...

By Smileygal05001

"You don't know my father, he's the worst monster of them all." Hope Mikaelson. After running off to London a... More

Introduction
Chapter One:
Chapter Two:
Chapter Three:
Chapter Four:
Chapter Five:
Chapter Six:
Chapter Seven:
Chapter Eight:
Chapter Nine:
Chapter Ten:
Chapter Eleven:
Chapter Twelve:
Chapter Thirteen:
Chapter Fourteen:

Chapter Fifteen:

385 11 1
By Smileygal05001

Previously on His Last Hope:

Hope was frozen to the spot as she looked at Lucy's burnt corpse. "She's burned herself alive," Hope whimpered. "She's burned herself alive. Oh, God..." Hope began to hyperventilate. "Oh, God."

"Hope. Hope!" Elijah shook his niece by her shoulders. "Hope, darling, breathe. This is not your fault."

"Isn't it?" Hope whispered hoarsely. "Did you not hear what her last words were? This is on you. That's what she said!" Hope shook violently as hot tears streamed down.

"Sweetheart, don't do this to yourself!" Elijah pulled Hope towards him and held her close. "It's not your fault. Shh, darling."

Hope shook as she cried in her uncle's shoulder. "People around me die and that's my fault."

"Shh, baby," Elijah murmured as he and Kol exchanged a look.

***

Chapter Fifteen

Elijah was standing in the courtyard. He watched as the burnt corpse was cleared by Klaus' hybrids. He could not believe what had happened only a few hours ago. There was a soft sound behind him, but Elijah did not turn around. "How is she?" 

"She's finally asleep after Vincent made her a special herbal tea. Hayley and Aiden are with her," Marcel murmured. He looked up at Klaus, who was watching from the balcony. "Any ideas what happened?"

"I know as much as you do," Elijah spoke.

"How the hell did she get in?" Klaus sped down and stood next to his brother. "Only the Mikaelsons, Vincent, Aiden, Marcel and the select few whom I trust are allowed within the vicinity of our home."

"Maybe Hope let her in? They could be friends..." Marcel spoke.

"Hope doesn't make friends easily," Elijah said. "Not to mention the fact that she has not been in New Orleans for 3 years. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this... Lucy, she has been here for barely a year." Finally tearing his eyes away from the charred remains, Elijah addressed the other two men. "Where is Kol?"

"He's trying to find answers." Marcel sighed. "Told him to wait, but he wouldn't listen so Rebekah went with him."

"This was Tristan, make no mistake about it," Klaus snarled. "He did this to get to Hope."

"How do you know for sure?"

"Because, brother, he has been tormenting her." Klaus looked at Elijah. "Elijah, when I kill that son of a bitch, I do not want you to stop me. Do you understand?"

However, Elijah was saved from answering as distraction arrived in the form of Vincent, who was leaning from the balcony. "Guys, it's Hope! Something's happening to her." 

Klaus, Marcel and Elijah sped into Hope's room, where Aiden was holding her hand to his mouth, his eyes red and his hair tousled. Hayley, who was cradling Hope's head in her lap, spoke. "She's dreaming." Though Hope was muttering and trembling, her eyes remained shut. "I don't know if she can hear us. Hope? Can you hear me? Baby, it's mommy. I'm here."

 "No, please..." Hope moaned, "don't... don't hurt them... please," Hope began to shake violently.

"I'm here, baby," Klaus knelt beside her and held her other hand. "Daddy's here, princess."

*in Hope's mind*

"Please don't hurt them," Hope was now pleading. "Please, they're my family!"

"Do as I say and they will be fine," Tristan crooned. 

"Why won't you leave us alone?" 

"Because we are meant to be." Tristan chuckled. "Sure, we're oil and water, but we are destined to be together. We're destined for greatness, together."

*in New Orleans*

"Hey," Kol was back. He looked solemn as he walked towards Hope. "How is she?"

"She won't wake up," Hayley cleared her throat. "Did you find that son of a bitch?"

"No," Kol scowled. "Tristan and his bitch of a sister are untraceable."

"Sounds like a witch has cloaked them," Vincent stood up. 

"Where are you going?" Rebekah asked.

"There's something I have to try,"

Once Vincent had gone, the others looked at Hope. Rebekah sighed as she looked at Aiden. "Hey, you need some rest."

"No, I- what I need is for Hope to be okay," Aiden murmured as he kissed her hand. 

"Listen to her," Elijah spoke, "get some sleep and eat something."

"I can't-" Aiden's voice cracked. "Not until I know she's o-" Aiden stopped talking when Hope's eyes fluttered. "She's waking up!"

The other gathered around as Hope  murmured something. 

"Darling?" Kol moved closer to Hope. "That's it, open your eyes."

Sure enough, Hope's eyes fluttered open before widening in surprise to see so many of her loved ones around her bed. "Am- am I dead?"

There was a soft chuckle as Klaus held her hand. "Welcome back, princess," Klaus smiled as he stroked Hope's cheek. 

"Good to have you back, sis," Marcel smiled. 

"Good to be back," Hope murmured as Hayley stroked her hair. "Hey, mum."

"Hello, honey," Hayley murmured as her eyes teared up.

"Aid..."

"I'm here, Hopey," Aiden smiled. "Missed you."

"Missed you too," Hope grunted softly as she sat up. "I- what happened?"

"You passed out," Kol grimaced. "You saw your best looking uncle and passed out,"

"You mean I fainted after I saw how ugly you are?" Hope laughed softly.

"Oi, you cheeky little-" Kol ruffled Hope's hair, "you're lucky you're my favourite niece, otherwise you would've had it,"

"I'm your only niece," Hope croaked. "Oooh, my head."

"Are you okay?" Vincent asked softly. "The tea?"

"Tasted like goblin piss," Hope grimaced. 

"Nothing wrong with your taste buds then," Marcel smirked.

"How rude!" Hope sighed as she tried to sit up. 

As Hope sat up and the others fussed over her, Klaus watched his daughter, his heart full of fear for his only child. 

"She'll be okay," Elijah smiled.

"She better be," Klaus replied softly, "I don't know what I'd do without her."

"She's the baby of the family, that's for sure,"

Later that night, once dinner was over, Hope was on the balcony with Kol. "What would I do without you, Uncle Kol?"

"You'd be lost, that's for sure, dear," Kol chuckled.

"I just hope... nothing happens to any of you because of me," Hope's voice wobbled.

"What do you mean?" Kol asked.

"Maybe it's me," Hope whispered, "maybe I'm cursed or something and people who get close to me die."

"But that can't be," Kol pointed out. "Darling, you and Lucy were not friends. She was just a barmaid." 

"She was a lovely person. Always said hi and bye to me. Gave me free drinks sometimes." Hope sniffled. "I- her life was cut short because of me. How many more will die because of me?" Hope looked down the balcony, where Aiden laughed as Marcel and Vincent competed with each other, seeing who would drink the bottle of gin the fastest. "Who's the next person to die because of me?"

"Don't do this to yourself, princess," Klaus emerged from the dark of the balcony. "None of this is your fault."

"But Dad, I'm scared," Hope's voice cracked. "I'm scared Aiden will die and he's human. He can't protect himself like we c-"

"I will not let anyone harm Aiden," Klaus spoke, "I swear."

"You don't even like him," Hope laughed as she wiped her tears.

"He's growing on me, sweetheart," Klaus murmured as he caressed Hope's cheek. "That's it, princess, Daddy will make it all better,"

"I love you," Hope exhaled into Klaus's shoulder. "I... I forgive you."

Klaus's eyes teared up and he held onto his daughter.

"We've all got your backs," Kol spoke, "yours and Aiden's."

"I love you guys," Hope murmured. She closed her eyes and felt something flutter in her stomach. No, it can't be. Not now...

Hope you like this update!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

297K 8.9K 100
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...
225K 7.7K 98
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
584K 8.9K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
167K 17.6K 23
"𝙏𝙤𝙪𝙘𝙝 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛, 𝙜𝙞𝙧𝙡. 𝙄 𝙬𝙖𝙣𝙣𝙖 𝙨𝙚𝙚 𝙞𝙩" Mr Jeon's word lingered on my skin and ignited me. The feeling that comes when yo...