Savannah Tyler

By Shazzie2000

We all know who Rose Tyler is, right? But did you know she has an older sister? Savannah Tyler loved going on... More

Character's Profile
Rose and Savannah: Chapter 1
Rose and Savannah: Chapter 2
Rose and Savannah: Chapter 3
Rose and Savannah: Chapter 4
Rose and Savannah: Chapter 5
Rose and Savannah: Chapter 6
Rose and Savannah: Chapter 7
The End of the World: Chapter 8
The End of the World: Chapter 9
Chapter 10: Savannah
The Unquiet Dead: Chapter 11
The Unquiet Dead: Chapter 12
The Unquiet Dead: Chapter 13
The Unquiet Dead: Chapter 14
The Unquiet Dead: Chapter 15
Savannah: Chapter 16
Home: Chapter 17
Blink: Chapter 18
Father's Day: Chapter 19
Father's Day: Chapter 20
Vincent and the Doctor: Chapter 21
Vincent and the Doctor: Chapter 22
Vincent and the Doctor: Chapter 23
The Empty Child: Chapter 24
Boom Town: Chapter 26
Tooth and Claw: Chapter 27
Tooth and Claw: Chapter 28
Tooth and Claw: Chapter 29
Bad Wolf: Chapter 30
Bad Wolf: Chapter 31
The Parting of the Ways: Chapter 32
The Parting of the Ways: Chapter 33
The Christmas Invasion: Chapter 34
The Christmas Invasion: Chapter 35
The Christmas Invasion: Chapter 36
The Christmas Invasion: Chapter 37

The Doctor Dances: Chapter 25

1.6K 31 5
By Shazzie2000

Decided to change the cover picture slightly. I hope you like it! Back to the story...

~

New episode: The Doctor Dances.

Hope you like it!

~

The Doctor's POV (9th)

'I've got to try this. It's the only idea I can come up with right now,' I thought, holding onto Savannah's hand tightly, while I looked at the gas-masked patients who were within touching distance now. 'I'm just gonna do.'

I took a deep breath before saying in a commanding voice parents would use with their children if they had done something bad, "Go to you room." The patients stood still. "Go to your room!", I commanded again. We watched as all of the patients tilted their heads at the same time. "I mean it! I am very, very angry with you. I am very, very cross! Go..to..your..room!", I shouted, while pointing with my free hand in no particular direction. The patients hung their heads and, thankfully, retreated back to their beds, making us all relax. "I'm so glad that worked," I said, relieved.

Savannah, who had put her gun away when the patients went back to their beds, then surprised me by immediately grabbing me by the jacket and kissing me passionately for a few minutes, which I returned. After a few minutes she ended the kiss, looked at me with her hands still on my chest, and said, "Those would of been terrible last words, sweetie."

"I know," I said, smiling gently down at her, my hands on her waist.

After a few seconds of staring into each other's eyes, we let go of each other and turned to face Jack, and I asked him, "How was your con supposed to work?"

"Simple enough, really. Find some harmless piece of space junk. Let the nearest Time Agent track it back to Earth, convince him it's valuable, name a price. When he's put 50% up front, oops! A German bomb falls on it, destroys it forever. He never gets to see what he's paid for, never knows he's been had. I buy him a drink with his own money, and we discuss dumb luck. The perfect self-cleaning con," Jack explained to us.

"Oh, yeah! It's perfect!", Savannah said sarcastically, her arms crossed over her chest.

"The London Blitz is great for self-cleaners. Pompeii's nice if you want to make a vacation of it though, but you've got to set your alarm for volcano day," Jack joked, laughing at his own joke. Jack didn't get the look he was hoping for as he looked at our unimpressed looks. "Getting a hint of disapproval."

"Take a look around this room," I said to him, gesturing to the patients.

"This is what your harmless piece of space-junk did!", Savannah said, sounding angry.

"It was a burnt-out medical transporter. It was empty," Jack insisted. Savannah and I gave him dark looks, before grabbing each other's hand and walking out of the room, Jack and Rose following us. "I even programmed the flight computer so that it wouldn't land on anything living. I harmed no one. I don't know what's happening here, but believe me, I had nothing to do with it," he called to us, as Savannah and I were ahead of him and Rose.

We stopped walking, turned to look at him and I said, "I'll tell you what's happening. You forgot to set your alarm. It's volcano day."

Suddenly, we could hear a siren going off in the distance. "What's that?", Rose asked us, looking around.

"The all clear," Jack told her.

"I wish," Savannah and I muttered together.

~

We arrived outside room 802, where Jack used his blaster on the door lock to get us in.

"Nice, sonic blaster. Fifty first century," Savannah said, smiling while looking at his blaster.

We all looked at her, amazed how she knew that.

'I really shouldn't be surprised at how she knows that. Her friend probably told her,' I thought.

"Yeah...", Jack said slowly, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"How did you know that?", Rose asked her.

"How'd you think?," Savannah asked her then looked at Jack and I, "My friend used to have one, but then it was stolen, got lost or was destroyed, or something...so she got something better."

'Thought so,' I thought, as I nodded my head slowly before looking at Jack and ask him, "Weapon Factories of Villengard?"

"You've been to the factories?", he asked me.

I took the blaster from him to have a closer look, while answering, "Once."

"Well, they're all gone now, destroyed. The main reactor went critical. Vaporised the lot."

"Like I said, once," I said, giving back his blaster. "There's a banana grove there, now. I like bananas. Bananas are good," I smiled at him.

"You and your bananas!", Savannah said, shaking her head and smiling affectionately at me.

I returned the smile, grabbed her hand and walked into the room with her. The room was dark, so I found a light switch on a wall and flicked it on, revealing a vandalised room. We saw that filing cabinets had been tipped over and electrical equipment had been broken. The observation window across the room had also been smashed.

"What'd you think?", I asked them, looking around.

"Something got out of here," Jack said.

"Yeah, and?", I asked.

"Something powerful, angry," Jack added.

"Powerful and angry," I repeated quietly, as Jack went through the open door that lead to the room behind the broken observation window, Rose following him. Savannah and I looked through the objects on a table, already knowing it was a child that did this.

I overheard Jack say, surprised, "A child? Well, I suppose that explains 'mummy.'"

"How could a child do this?", Rose asked, surprised and confused.

Savannah turned on a tape machine that was on the table.

"Do you know where you are?", came the voice of Dr. Constantine.

"Are you my mummy?", the voice of the gas-masked child asked.

"Are you aware of what's around you? Can you see?"

"Are you my mummy?"

"What do you want? Do you know..."

"I want my mummy. Are you my mummy? I want my mummy! Are you my mummy? Are you my mummy? Mummy? Mummy?"     

"Doctor, I've heard this voice before," Rose told me, recognising it.

"Us too," I told her, gesturing between myself and Savannah.

"Mummy?"

"Always 'are you my mummy?'. Like he doesn't know," Rose said.

"Mummy?"

"Why doesn't he know?", Rose asked.

"Are you there, mummy? Mummy?"

~

"Mummy? Please, mummy. Mummy?", the recording continued as I paced around the child's room, Savannah now standing close by in a corner of the room, with a slight frown on her face.

"Doctor?", Rose asked, looking at me while I paced.

"Can you sense it?", I asked them.

"It's really....", Savannah trailed off, looking slightly uncomfortable, meaning she must sense it.

"Sense what?", Jack asked me, confused.

"It's coming out of the walls," Savannah said quietly.

"Can you feel it?," I asked Rose and Jack.

"Mummy?"

I stopped pacing when I saw their confused expressions.

'How can they not feel it?', I thought.

"Funny little human brains, how do you get around in those things?", I asked them.

Savannah walked over and cupped my cheeks in her hands, "I know you're stressed, sweetie, and when you're stressed, you insult species, but I'd really appreciative, I think we all would, actually, if you would stop insulting the species when we're in the room. You do remember that whenever you're insulting humans, you're insulting me, right? It's not very nice," she said, her hands moving to rub my chest slowly.

I looked at her for a few seconds, before answering, "You're right. I wasn't insulting you, but I'm sorry if you feel offended. I didn't mean to make you feel that way....To be honest though, you do know a lot more than most humans, so, again, I wasn't actually insulting you, just the rest of the human race. I-." I stopped talking abruptly when I noticed Savannah's expression on her face and immediately cupped her face, "You're right. I'm sorry, I'll stop."
I was about to kiss her on the lips, but before our lips met, she swerved her head to the side slightly, so that I ended up kissing her on the cheek. Immediately after that, she untangled herself from me and walked back into the room where the tape recorder was.

"Mummy, please?"

I sighed before getting back to the situation at hand. "There are these children, living rough around the bomb sites. They come out during air raids, looking for food."

"Mummy?"

"Suppose they were there when this thing, whatever it was, landed?", I asked.

"It was a med-ship. It was harmless," Jack insisted.

"Yes, you keep saying 'harmless.' Suppose 1 of them was infected, altered?"

"Altered how?", Rose asked me.

"Sweetie...", I heard Savannah say, but carried on thinking.

"I'm here!"

"It's afraid, terribly afraid and powerful. It doesn't know it yet, but it will do," I continued.

"Sweetie..."

"It's got the power of a god, and I just sent it to its room," I chuckled slightly, as I realised the tape had ended.

"Doctor?...", Rose asked, looking at me.

"Sweetie..."

"I'm here! Can't you see me?"

"What's that noise?", Rose asked me.

"End of the tape. It ran out about 30 seconds ago," I told her seriously.

"I'm here. Can't you see me?"

"He sent it to its room. This is its room," Savannah said.

I quickly turned around in Savannah's direction, where she was slowly backing towards us, away from the gas-masked child who was standing in front of the door.

"Are you my mummy?"

I darted forwards to Savannah and grabbed her wrist, pulling her back to us quicker, as the child advanced.

"On my signal, make for the door. Now!", Jack then produced a banana from his belt and pointed it at the child like a weapon. I grinned as my hand went to my own belt, intending to pull out his sonic blaster, but was, in fact, a banana, causing me to frown at it in confusion.

'How the hell did that get there? It's supposed to be Jack's blaster. Where is it?'

I saw Savannah smile mischievously at me and pull the sonic blaster out of her bag. She used it on the wall and ran through, the rest of us quickly following behind her.

"Don't drop the bananas, boys!", she yelled over her shoulder to Jack and I.

"Why not!?", Jack questioned her.

"Good source of potassium!", Savannah and I answered back, grinning.

Savannah quickly repaired the wall and Jack snatched it back from her. "Digital rewind," Jack explained. "Nice switch," he then complimented her. "How did you know about the rewind?"

"Thanks," she smiled. "Like I said, my friend used to have one. Taught me a lot of stuff. I bet those bananas are from the groves of Villengard, right, sweetie?", she asked me and I nodded my head. "Thought it was appropriate," she smiled again.

"You are good," I said, smiling.

"Thanks, sweetie," she smiled back brightly.

Suddenly, the child thumped the other side of the wall, making it crack.

"Come on!", I yelled to them, grabbing Savannah's hand and started running, the other 2 behind us. We ran down a corridor, before we encountered gas-masked patients bursting out of a ward, calling 'mummy.' We tried to go a different way, but found another group of gas-masked patients. We eventually found ourselves in front of the wall in which the child was still trying to break through.

"It's keeping us here til it can get to us," Savannah said, standing closely next to me. She then quickly got her gun out of her bag, pointing it at the second group of patients.

"It's controlling them?", Jack asked, pointing his blaster at the first group of patients.

"It is them. It's every living thing in this hospital," I answered.

"Okay. This can function as a sonic blaster, a sonic cannon, and as a triple-enfolded sonic disrupter. I know Savannah's got that gun. Doc, what you got?," Jack asked me.

I took my sonic screwdriver out of my pocket, feeling rather embarrassed by it. "I've got a sonic, er....Oh, never mind."

"What?"

"It's sonic, okay. Let's leave it at that," I said, not wanting to tell him, as it wasn't as useful as his. I then pointed it at the second group of gas-masked patients with Savannah.

"Disrupter? Cannon? What?," Jack asked again, wanting to know.

"It's sonic! Totally sonic! I am soniced up!"

"A sonic what!?"

"Screwdriver!", I admitted, turning slightly towards Jack, who turned towards me and was about to say something, when the child broke through the concrete wall.

Rose suddenly grabbed Jack's wrist that he was holding the sonic blaster in, and pointed it down at the floor. "Going down!", she warned, before firing the weapon.

~

When we all fell through the hole Rose had made with the blaster, myself, Jack and her all landed in a messy heap, while Savannah, I noticed, only stumbled slightly when she landed on her feet, then righted herself. Jack quickly stood up and repaired the ceiling using his sonic blaster.

"Sweetie, Are you alright?", Savannah asked me, looking concerned.

"Could of used a warning," I grumbled whilst getting up, as it had surprised me and hurt me landing like that slightly.

"She did warn us, sweetie," Savannah said.

"Yeah, I shouted 'going down,'" Rose said.

"Okay, then give me a little more warning next time."

"I'll keep that in mind," Rose said. "Right, lights," she then went off in search of the light switch, as it was dark in the ward we had fallen into.

"Who has a sonic screwdriver?", Jack asked me.

"I do," I said, offended.

"Who looks at a screwdriver and thinks 'ooo, this could be a little more sonic'?"

"What, you've never been bored?", I asked him in annoyance. "Never had a long night? Never had a lot of cabinets to put up?"

"I can tell you 2 are gonna be good friends. You both like to insult people," Savannah teased, looking between us. She then looked at Jack, "Don't insult his sonic screwdriver, okay. For your information, it can actually do a lot of things, so you can't go insulting it when you don't even know what it can do." This caused me to smile widely at her in gratitude.

Rose then managed to find the light switch, which she turned on. However, when she did, the gas-masked patients in the ward sat up quickly and started to call out 'mummy', before slowly making their way to us.

We stayed quiet for a few seconds, before Savannah said, "Door," and we all quickly ran to it. Jack tried to get the door open, but his blaster wouldn't work. He quickly moved back to let me open it with my sonic screwdriver.

'Now that'll show him not to insult my sonic when it's helping us escape when his blaster has stopped working,' I thought.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when Jack said, sounding annoyed, "It's the special features. They really drain the battery."

"The battery!?", Rose repeated, sounding surprised.

I got the door open and we all hurried through. "I was going to send for another one, but someone's got to blow up the factory." After we were all through, I locked the door. Jack ran over to the barred window, Savannah walking over as well.

"Oh, I know. First day we met him, he blew up my job. That's practically how he communicates," Rose said to him.

"Okay, that door should hold it for a bit," I said, deciding not to say anything to that.

"The door? The wall didn't stop it!", Jack said.

"It's got to find us first," Savannah told him.

"Come on, we're not done yet. Assets, assets!", I said, looking around, hoping to find something that we could use.

"Well, I've got a banana, and in a pinch you could put up some shelves," Jack said, leaning against the wall. As soon as he had said about me, I noticed Savannah give him a hard look which made him back away slightly and look down for a few seconds.

"Window," I said, pointing and going over to it, standing not too far from Savannah and looked out.

"Barred, sheer drop outside. Seven storeys," Savannah informed me.

"And no other exits," Rose said.

"Wait a minute...you have your gun," Jack said, pointing at Savannah.

"We are not killing anyone, do you understand?", I told him firmly.

"We're not going to, sweetie. Don't worry. We just have to find another way out," Savannah said.

Jack's eyes flickered between Savannah and I before they stopped on me. "Well, the assets conversation went in a flash, didn't it?", he asked, before he settled himself comfortably into a seat.

"So, where'd you pick this one up, then?," I asked Rose, getting fed up with Jack.

"Doctor...."

"Sweetie....," Savannah warned me.

"She was hanging from a barrage balloon, I had an invisible spaceship. I never stood a chance," Jack said.

"Stop it....", Savannah warned.

"Okay," I said, turning away from him, "One: we've got to get out of here. Two: we can't get out of here. Have I missed anything?"

"Yes, sweetie. Jack just disappeared," Savannah told me, causing me to spin around to find that he had, in fact, disappeared.

'Well, where the hell did he go?', I thought, frowning. 'But then again, now he can't flirt with Savannah.'

~

I walked back over to the barred window and inspected it, just to make sure.

"Okay, so he's vanished into thin air. Why is it always the good looking ones who do that?", Rose asked Savannah.

I looked back at them, trying not to feel insulted. I said, "I'm making an effort not to be insulted."

"I mean...men," Rose said, hesitating.

"Okay, thanks. That really helped," I said.

"Oh, don't be sweetie. Even though Jack is handsome, I think you're far more handsome," Savannah said, smiling, while she walked slowly over to me and gave me a quick kiss on the lips, making me smile down at her when she ended it, our arms still around each other.

Suddenly, an old radio that was near us started to crackle, causing Savannah and I to untangle from each other and turn to it. Jack's voice came out of it, "Rose? Savannah? Doctor? Can you hear me?" We all quickly walked over to it. "I'm back on my ship. Used the emergency teleport. Sorry I couldn't take you. It's security-keyed to my molecular structure. I'm working on it. Hang on in there."

"How're you speaking to us?", I asked him.

"Om-Com," Savannah quickly said.

"Yeah, I can call anything with a speaker grill," Jack added.

"Now there's a coincidence," I said.

"What is?", Jack asked.

"The child can Om-Com, too," Savannah answered.

"He can?", Rose asked, surprised.

"Anything with a speaker grill," I said.

"Even the TARDIS phone," Savannah told Rose.

"Exactly," I said, nodding.

"What, you mean the child can phone us?", Rose asked me.

"And I can hear you. Coming to find you. Coming to fiiiiind you!", the child's voice came through in a sing-song voice.

"Doctor, can you hear that?", Jack asked me.

"Loud and clear."

"I'll try to block out the signal. Least I can do," Jack said.

"Coming to find you, mummy."

A song, Moonlight Serenade, then started to play. "Remember this one, Rose?"

"Our song," Rose said, embarrassed when she saw we were looking at her.

~

A little while later, Rose was in the wheelchair Jack had been in and Savannah was leaning against the wall near me, both looking bored, as I worked on the bars on the window to try and get us out.

"What are you doing?", Rose asked from behind me.

"Trying to set up a resonation pattern in the concrete," I told her.

"He trying to loosen the bars, Rose," Savannah added.

"You don't think he's coming back, do ya?, Rose asked me.

'He probably isn't,' I thought, before saying to her, "Wouldn't bet my life."

"Why don't you trust him?", Rose asked me.

"Why do you?," I asked back.

"I trust him," Savannah said, surprising me.

"You met him the exact same time I did. How can you trust him?", I asked her.

However, all I received as an answer was a small smirk and a knowing look in her eyes. I was about to ask her what she knew, when Rose answered my question to her, "He saved my life. Bloke-wise, that's up there with flossing....I trust him because he's like you. Except with dancing."

At this, I gave her a look, before looking back at the bars, shaking my head slightly, slightly offended. "You just assume I'm...."

"What?"

"You just assume that I don't...dance."

"What, are you telling me you do dance?", Rose asked me, grinning.

"Nine hundred years old, me. I've been around a bit. I think you can assume at some point I've danced."

"You?", Rose asked, still not believing me.

"Problem?", I asked her.

"Doesn't the world implode or something if you dance?", Rose asked me.

"Well, I've got the moves, but I wouldn't wanna boast," I said.

"Go show her your moves, sweetie," Savannah said, smirking slightly, her arms crossed over her chest as she leaned against the wall.

I looked at her for a few seconds then to Rose, who was grinning again. I then went back to my work. After a few seconds, Rose walked up to me and held out her hand. "You've got the moves? Show me your moves."

"Rose, I'm trying to resonate concrete," I said, looking back at Rose.

"Jack will be back," Savannah said.

"Yeah, he'll get us out of here. So come on," Rose said.

"The world doesn't end because the Doctor dances, sweetie. Go on," Savannah encouraged, smiling.

I looked at Savannah for a few seconds, before I sighed and put away my sonic, turning to face Rose. I then looked down at her hands and frowned when I realised there weren't any injuries on them, "Barrage balloon?"

"What?", Rose asked, looking confused.

"You were hanging from a barrage balloon," I repeated, taking her hands and inspecting them. Savannah walked over to us, and started to inspect them too.

"Oh, yeah. 'Bout 2 minutes after you 2 left me. Thousands of feet above London, middle of a German air raid, Union Jack all over my chest."

"Exactly though! You were hanging from a rope, thousands of feet above London. Not a cut, not a bruise," Savannah said, frowning slightly.

"Yeah, I know. Captain Jack fixed me up."

"Oh, we're calling him 'Captain Jack' now, are we?", I asked.

"Well, his name's Jack and he's a Captain...."

"He's not really a Captain, Rose," I said.

"Do you know what I think? I think you're experiencing Captain envy. You'll find your feet at the end of your legs. You may care to move them," Rose said, trying to make me dance but I stood still.

"If he ever was a Captain, he's been defrocked."

"Yeah? Shame I missed that," Rose said, smiling.

"Actually, I quit. Nobody takes my frock," Jack cut in, shocking Rose and I. We turned around to see him sitting in a chair, with Savannah leaning against a wall, chuckling at what Jack had just said. We were in Jack's spaceship. "Sorry about the delay," Jack apologised, "I had to take the nav-com offline to override the teleport security."

"You can spend 10 minutes overriding your own protocols? Maybe you should remember whose ship it is," I said.

"Oh, I do. She was gorgeous. Like I told her, be back in 5 minutes," Jack said, before ducking into a compartment under the console.

"This is a Chula ship," I realised, as I looked around.

"Yeah, just like that medical transporter. Only, this one is dangerous," Jack called to us from underneath the console. After a few seconds, I snapped my fingers and a golden glow enveloped my hands.

"They're what fixed my hands up! Jack called them, er...."

"Nanobots?", I asked her.

"Nanogenes. Sub-atomic robots," Savannah said, looking at the golden dots surrounding my hands.

"There's millions of them in here, see? Burned my hand on the console when we landed. All better now. They activate when the bulk head's sealed. Check you out for damage, fix any physical flaws," I said, then waved my hands to get rid of them.

"Take us to the crash site," Savannah said to Jack.

"I need to see your space junk," I added.

"As soon as I get the nav-com back online," Jack said, sounding annoyed. "Make yourselves comfortable. Carry on with whatever it was you were doing. And, you 2," Jack said cheekily, pointing between Savannah and I, "Don't get too comfortable."

"No far," Savannah pouted, then winked at me, making me grin.

"We were talking about dancing," I told him after a few more seconds of looking at Savannah, pointing between Rose and I.

"When you were supposed to be dancing. Not talking about it, sweetie. Maybe you should dance with me next time. Then I won't let you get distracted with talking," Savannah said, smiling cheekily.

"I was going to dance, we were just talking first. But you should definitely dance with me next time. Maybe then I'll distract you," I flirted.

"I'll only let you distract me when you've danced with me first," she flirted back, as she walked up to me, smiling.

"They're flirting again...You get used to it," I overheard Rose say to Jack, as Savannah and I carried on flirting.

~

We had finally reached the bomb site and were peering over the barbed wire at the soldiers that were on duty.

"There it is," Jack said, pointing at the space junk. He then saw someone he knew because he said, "Hey, they've got Algy on duty. It must be important."

"We've gotta get past," I said to him.

"Are the words 'distract the guard' headed in Savannah and I's general directions?", Rose asked, smiling.

'Savannah is not going to go and flirt with anyone just to get us past,' I thought, getting jealous.

"I don't think that'd be such a good idea," Jack said, bring me out of my jealous thoughts.

'Thank God,' I thought, relieved.

"Don't worry, we can handle it," Rose said.

"I've gotten to know Algy quite well since I've been in town. Trust me, you two aren't his type," Jack said.

"Jack's saying Algy's gay, Rose," Savannah said, when she saw Rose's facial expression, causing Jack and I to look at her in surprise at her bluntness. When she saw our expression, she said, "I have really good friends who are gay and bi."

"Right, I'll distract him. Don't wait up," Jack said after a few seconds of silence. He then walked away from us and towards Algy.

"Relax, he's a 51st century guy," Savannah said when she saw the look on Rose's face.

"He's just a bit more flexible when it comes to dancing," I added.

"How flexible?", Rose asked.

"Well, by his time, you lot have spread out across half the galaxy," I said.

"Meaning?", Rose asked, still not getting it.

"So many species, so little time," I said, glancing at Savannah who I had noticed was trying not to laugh at Rose's shocked expression.

"What? That's what we do when we get out there? That's our mission? We seek new life, and, and-", Rose said, but was interrupted by Savannah and I.

"Dance."

We looked back over at Jack, who was still talking to the soldier, in time to see Algy's face was transformed into a gas mask, causing me to quickly run over to stop anyone getting any closer, Savannah and Rose running behind me.

"The effect's becoming air-borne, accelerating," I said, looking down at the gas-masked soldier.

"What's keeping us safe?", Rose asked, sounding worried.

"Nothing," Savannah and I said.

I then noticed Savannah turn her head slightly in a different direction with a slight frown on her face, before she turned back around and walked to me, before going into 1 of my jacket pockets and pulling out my sonic screwdriver.

"I'll be back in a minute, sweetie. Don't worry, I can look after myself. I'll be fine. I'll meet you at the med-ship, okay?", she said, before giving me a quick kiss and running off, surprising us.

"Savannah! Sav-", I called to her and was about to follow her, but the sound of an air raid siren stopped me in my tracks.

"Ah, here they come," Jack said, looking up to the sky.

"Didn't you say a bomb was gonna land here?", Rose asked him, glancing between the sky and in the direction Savannah had run off to.

"Never mind that. If the contaminants airborne now, there's hours left," I said.

"For what?"

"Till nothing. Till nothing, forever. For the entire human race. We should really get to the med-ship," I said. I glanced back worriedly in the direction Savannah had run off to, before slowly following Jack to the med-ship, Rose by my side.

~

Savannah's POV

After freeing Nancy from the handcuffs, we quickly ran to the med-ship, an air raid siren going off in the distance.

When we arrived at the med-ship, the Doctor, Jack and Rose were also just arriving. When he saw me, the Doctor quickly made his way over to me, before giving me a tight hug and a passionate kiss. After a few minutes, we ended the kiss and I gave him back the sonic, smiling.

"You should of told me where you were going. I was really worried. We're in the middle of an air raid!", the Doctor said, sounding relieved that I was safe.

"Hey, I'm fine. I'm safe. I had to get Nancy out. They had her chained in some handcuffs next to a gas-masked soldier....which she had managed to sing to sleep. That's why I ran off, I heard the singing," I told him. "Now, let's get back to this situation, shall we?", I said, and walked over to Rose, Jack and Nancy who were looking at the med-ship, giving the Doctor and I some privacy.

"You see? Just an ambulance," Jack said to the Doctor, who now stood next to him.

"That's an ambulance?", Nancy asked, eying it.

"It's hard to explain. It's from another world," Rose told her.

"They've been trying to get in," Jack said, looking at the controls.

"Of course they have, Jack," I said.

"They think they've got their hands on Hitler's latest secret weapon. What are you doing?", the Doctor asked him, as he started to type something into the controls.

"The sooner you see that this thing is empty, the sooner you'll know I had nothing to do with it," Jack said, before the controls exploded, sparks flying, causing us to jump back slightly. "Didn't happen last time." The ambulance then started to make a noise.

"It hadn't crashed last time," I said.

"They're the emergency protocols," the Doctor added.

"Doctor, what is that?", Rose asked him, pointing at the ambulance.

Suddenly, the gates on the other side of the bomb site started to shake.

"Captain, secure those gates!", the Doctor ordered Jack.

"Why?", he asked.

"Just do it, Jack!", I called to him and he immediately ran off to the gates when he saw the hard look on my face.

The Doctor then turned to Nancy and asked her, "How'd you get in here?"

"I cut the wire," she told him.

"Show Savannah and Rose," he ordered, then threw me the sonic screwdriver, which I easily caught.

He was about to say something to me, but I interrupted him by saying, "Don't tell me, I already know. Setting 2,428D. It reattaches barbed wire."

"Got it in one. Now go, and stay safe," he said, grinning widely at me, which I returned and nodded before quickly running off with Rose and Nancy to reattach the barbed wire.

~

Nancy had shown Rose and I where she had cut the wire and I was now using the sonic to fix it.

"Who are you? Who are any of you?", Nancy asked us.

"You'd never believe us if we told you," Rose said.

"You just told me that was an ambulance from another world. There are people running around with gas mask heads calling for their mummies, and the sky's full of Germans dropping bombs on me. Tell me, do you think there's anything left I couldn't believe?", Nancy asked.

"We're time travellers from the future," Rose admitted, causing me to stop working on the wire for a few seconds and glance at Rose, then Nancy to see what her reaction was.

"Mad, you are, the pair of ya," Nancy said, shaking her head slightly as she looked at us.

"We have a time travel machine. Seriously!", Rose said.

"It's not that. Alright, you've got a time travel machine. I believe ya. Believe anything, me. But what future?", Nancy asked, looking at the sky.

"Nancy, this isn't the end. I know how it looks. But it's not the end of the world or anything," Rose said.

"How can you say that? Look at it," Nancy said, looking around.

"Listen to me," Rose started, "We were born in this city. We're from here, in like, 50 years time."

'More like 64 years, Rose,' I thought.

"From here?", Nancy asked, looking at us.

"We're Londoners. From your future," Rose said, smiling slightly at her.

"But, But you're not-", Nancy started, then stopped.

"Not what?", Rose asked her.

"We're not German," I told Nancy, looking at her.

"You're not?", she asked.

"No. Nancy, the Germans don't come here. They don't win. Don't tell anyone I told you so, but you know what? You win," Rose told her.

"We win?," Nancy asked in astonishment, looking at us.

"Yes," Rose and I say together, nodding our heads.

"Right, I'm finished. Come on, let's go back," I said, standing up and we started to make our way back to the Doctor and Jack.

~

When we reached the med-ship, Jack was opening the hatch.

"It's empty. Look at it," Jack said to the Doctor.

"What do expect in a Chula medical transporter?", the Doctor asked, as he turned around to face us when we reached him. "Bandages? Cough drops? Savannah, Rose?"

"I don't know," Rose said, shrugging her shoulders.

"Yes, you do, Rose," I said, deliberately looking at my hands while I talked to her, to get the message across.

"Nanogenes!", Rose realised, gasping.

"That's it, sis," I said, smiling at her, before turning to look at Jack. "It wasn't empty, Jack. There was enough nanogenes in there to rebuild a whole species!"

"Oh God!", Jack said, looking rather shaken up.

"Getting it now, are we? When the ship crashes, the nanogenes escape. Billions upon billions of them, ready to fix all the cuts and bruises in the whole world. But what they find first is a dead child, probably killed earlier that night, and wearing a gas mask," the Doctor said.

"And they brought him back to life? They can do that?", Rose asked him, shocked.

"What's life? Life's easy. A quirk of matter. Nature's way of keeping meat fresh. Nothing to a nanogene," the Doctor said.

"One problem, though. These nanogenes, they're not like the ones on your ship. This lot have never seen a human being before. Don't know what a human being's supposed to look like. All they've got to go on is 1 little body, and there's not a lot left. But they carry on. They do what they're programmed to do. They patch it up. Can't tell what's gas mask and what's skull, but they do their best. Then off they fly, off they go, work to be done. Because, you see, now they think they know what people should look like, and it's time to fix all the rest. And they won't ever stop," I continued.

"They won't ever, ever stop. The entire human race is going to be torn down and rebuilt in the form of 1 terrified child looking for its mother, and nothing in the world can stop it!", the Doctor finished.

"I didn't know!", Jack insisted, as the Doctor got to work on the ambulance, but not before giving him a cold stare.

"Savannah! Rose!", Nancy called.

Rose and I quickly walked over to her to find out what was wrong. We looked in the direction she was looking in, only to see the gas-masked patients were approaching. Rose and I quickly made our way over to the Doctor to inform him.

"It's bringing the gas-masked people here, isn't it?", Rose asked him after looking at the ambulance.

"The ship thinks it's under attack," the Doctor told us.

"It's calling up the troops," I realised, "Standard protocol." The Doctor nodded his head to me, still working.

"But...the gas-masked people aren't troops," Rose said.

"They are now," I said.

"This is a battle-field ambulance. The nanogenes don't just fix you up, they get you ready for the front line. Equip you, programme you," the Doctor said.

"That's why the child's so strong, why it can Om-Com. It's a fully equipped Chula warrior. All that weapons technology in the hands of a hysterical 4 year old, looking for his mummy," I said.

"And now there's an army of them," the Doctor added.

The patients surrounded us, standing outside of the gate.

"Why don't they attack?", Jack asked, eyeing the patients.

"Good little soldiers," the Doctor said.

"They're waiting for their commander," I added.

"The child?", Jack asked.

"Jamie," Nancy said.

"What?", Jack asked her, looking slightly confused.

"Not the child. Jamie," Nancy corrected him.

'Wait a minute....,' I thought, frowning slightly, trying to work it all out.

"So, how long until the bomb falls?", I heard Rose ask, but I was more focused on Nancy's expression.

"Any second," Jack replied.

"What's the matter, Captain? A bit close to the volcano for you?", the Doctor asked him.

"He's just a little boy," Nancy said, not paying attention to us.

"I know," the Doctor and I said, both looking at her.

"He's just a little boy who wants his mummy," Nancy said, tearing up.

"I know. There isn't a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy," the Doctor said.

"And this little boy can," I added.

"So, what are we gonna do?", Rose asked the Doctor, panicking.

"I don't know," he replied.

"It's my fault," Nancy said, looking at the patients, upset.

"No," the Doctor said.

"It is. It's all my fault," Nancy said, starting to cry, just before the gas-masked people started to call out 'mummy'.

I gasped as I finally realised why she thought it was her fault. I walked closer to Nancy and asked her, "Nancy, how old are you? 20? 21? Older than you look, yes?"

Suddenly, a bomb landed not too far from us. I kept looking at Nancy as the others had a conversation. "Doctor, that bomb. We've got seconds," Jack said, sounding slightly panicked.

"Can't you teleport us out?", Rose asked him, also sounding panicked.

"Not you guys. The nav-com's back online. It'll take too long to override the protocols," Jack told her.

"So it's volcano day. Do what you've got to do," the Doctor said.

"Jack?", Rose said, sounding slightly betrayed.

I then heard the sound of Jack teleporting away.

How old were you 5 years ago? 15? 16? Old enough to give birth, anyway. He's not your brother, is he?", I asked a crying Nancy.

"Of course! How come I didn't think of that?", I heard the Doctor muttering to himself.

"A teenage single mother in 1941. So you hid. You lied. You even lied to him," I continued.

The gate opened, with the child, Jamie, standing in front of the patients. "Are you my mummy?," he asked.

"He's gonna keep asking, Nancy. He's never going to stop," I told her.

"Mummy?"

"Tell him, Nancy. Go on, you can do it. Trust me," I encouraged.

Nancy looked at me for a second, before slowly walking forward, as did Jamie. "Are you my mummy? Are you my mummy? Are you my mummy?"

"Yes. Yes, I am your mummy," Nancy told him.

"Mummy?"

"I'm here," Nancy said, as they walked closer to each other.

"Are you my mummy?"

"I'm here," she repeated, as she knelt down in front of him.

"Are you my mummy?"

"Yes," Nancy answered,

"Are you my mummy?"

"He doesn't understand. There's not enough of him left," the Doctor said.

"I am your mummy. I will always be your mummy. I'm so sorry. I am so, so sorry," Nancy said genuinely, tears in her eyes, before taking the boy into her arms and hugging him, a cloud of nanogenes surrounding them.

'Please, please work,' I thought hopefully, as the Doctor moved to stand next to me, took 1 of my hands, and looked excitedly at the mother and son, hoping it would work.

"What's happening? Doctor, it's changing her! We should-", Rose said, sounding worried as she moved closer to us.

"Shush! Come on, please. Come on, you clever little nanogenes. Figure it out! The mother, she's the mother! It's got to be enough information. Figure it out!," the Doctor murmured.

"What's happening?", Rose asked again.

"Recognising the same DNA, see?", I said, pointing to what was happening.

The nanogenes then disappeared and Nancy fell away from Jamie. The Doctor and I quickly rushed over to them, hand in hand.

"Oh, come on. Give me a day like this," the Doctor said, sounding hopeful.

We both slowly removed the gas mask to reveal a little boy's face underneath.

'It worked! It actually worked!', I thought happily, as the Doctor laughed ecstatically and picked up the boy.

"Ha-ha! Welcome back! Twenty years till pop music - you're gonna love it!", the Doctor said happily, hugging the child.

"What happened?", Nancy asked us, looking at her son happily.

"The nanogenes recognised the superior information, the parent DNA," I told her happily.

"They didn't change you because you changed them! Ha-ha! Mother knows best!", the Doctor said, ecstatic.

"Oh, Jamie....," Nancy said, looking at her son happily, as the Doctor set him back down on the ground, and hugged the child again.

The sound and movement of another bomb landing near us brought us back to reality.

"Doctor, that bomb....," Rose said.

"Already taken care of," the Doctor reassured Rose, taking my hand again.

"How?", she asked him, confused.

"Psychology," he answered, gesturing to Nancy and her son.

I looked up to the sky in time to see another bomb hurtling to the ground...but this time, it was heading straight to us. It was about to hit us, when Jack caught it with a blue force field from his ship.

"Doctor!", Jack, who was sat with a leg on each side of the bomb, called down.

"Good lad!", the Doctor called back.

"The bomb's already commenced detonation. I've put it in stasis, but it won't last long," Jack explained.

"Change of plan. Don't need the bomb. Can you get rid of it, safely as you can?," the Doctor asked him.

Jack nodded slightly, before calling out, "Rose, Savannah!"

"Yeah?", Rose and I called up at him.

"Goodbye," he called, then disappeared. However, he after a few seconds, he reappeared and called out, smiling, "By the way, Rose, love the T-shirt." He then disappeared completely.

When I looked back at the Doctor, I saw that his hands were engulfed in a golden glow due to nanogenes.

"What are you doing?", Rose asked him.

"Software patch. Gonna email the upgrade. You want moves, I'll give you moves," the Doctor said, then tossed the nanogenes over to the remaining gas-masked people, who all fell to the ground with nanogenes surrounding them. "Everybody lives! Just this once, everybody lives!," he said ecstatically.

All of the patients, who were now back to their normal selves, got up from the ground. The Doctor ran over to Dr. Constantine.

"Dr. Constantine. Who never left his patients. Back on your feet, constant doctor. The world doesn't want to get by without you just yet, and I don't blame it one bit," the Doctor said.

"These are your patients. All better now," I told Constantine, smiling brightly, as I walked up to him, gesturing to the patients.

"Yes, yes. So it seems. They also seem to be standing around in a disused railway station. Is there any particular reason for that?", he asked the Doctor and I, looking around.

"Cut backs," I replied.

"Listen, whatever was wrong with them in the past, you're probably gonna find that they're cured. Just tell them what a great doctor you are," the Doctor said.

"But don't make a big thing of it, okay?", I said, then the Doctor and I walked over to Rose.

"Right, you lot. Lots to do. Beat the Germans, save the world. Don't forget the welfare state! Setting this to self-destruct, soon as everybody's clear. History says there was an explosion here. Who am I to argue with history?", the Doctor said, going to work on the control panel.

"You're usually the first in line, sweetie," I said, teasing, yet also being serious, as I smiled at him.

~

Soon after the Doctor had set the ambulance to self-destruct, we entered the TARDIS, the Doctor still extremely happy.

Although I was happy that everyone had been reverted back to their original selves, I had a slight solemn look on my face, thinking about Jack, as I now knew that he will become the Face of Boe, while the Doctor and Rose talked.

"The nanogenes will clean up the mess and switch themselves off, because I just told them to. Nancy and Jamie will go to Dr. Constantine for help, ditto. All in all, all things considered, fantastic!", the Doctor said happily.

"Look at you, beaming away," Rose said, smiling at him.

"And everybody lives, Savannah, Rose! Everybody lives! I need more days like this," the Doctor said, still smiling.

"Doctor....," Rose said, her face turning more somber.

"Go on, ask me anything. I'm on fire," the Doctor said happily.

"What about Jack? Why'd he say goodbye?", Rose asked, the Doctor's smile soon disappearing.

"Come on, sweetie. Time to go save him," I said, as I started to press some buttons and flick some switches.

~

Jack's POV

"Okay, computer. How long can we keep the bomb in stasis?", I asked it, sitting back in my chair on my ship.

"Stasis decaying at 90% cycle. Detonation in 3 minutes," came the computers answer.

"Can we jettison it?", I asked it.

"Any attempt to jettison the device will precipitate detonation. 100% probability."

"We could stick it in an escape pod," I said, trying to think up another idea so that I wouldn't die.

"There is no escape pod on board."

"Okay, I see the flaw in that," I said, nodding. "I'll get in the escape pod."

"There is no escape pod on board."

I blinked in disbelief, as I realised what the computer had just said.

'No escape pod!?', I thought.

"Did you check everywhere?"

"Affirmative."

"Under the sink!?", I asked, hopefully, which was then immediately shut down by the computers answer.

"Affirmative."

"Okay," I said, taking a deep breath, "Out of 100, exactly how dead am I?"

"Termination of Captain Jack Harkness in under 2 minutes. 100% probability."

"Lovely. Thanks," I huffed. "Good to know the numbers."

"You're welcome."

"Okay, then. Think we'd better initiate emergency protocol 417," I said, realising there was no way out and that I was going to die.

"Affirmative."

When the martini appeared in front of me, I picked it up, took a sip and grimaced.

"Oo, a little too much Vermouth. See if I come here again," I said, chuckling. "Funny thing. Last time I was sentenced to death, I ordered 4 hyper-vodkas for my breakfast. All a bit of a blur after that. Woke up in bed with both of my executioners. Mmm, lovely couple. They stayed in touch. Can't say that about most executioners." I sighed again. "Anyway, thanks for everything, computer. It's been great," I said, raising my glass in a toast.

Suddenly, I heard Moonlight Serenade begin to play behind me, causing me to turn around, startled. What startled me even more was that I could see the inside of a spaceship that was in my spaceship.

'How come I didn't notice that when it landed in my ship?', I wondered.

Inside the ship, I saw the Doctor and Rose dancing awkwardly around the console, while Savannah was sat comfortably in the captain's chair, smiling and chuckling quietly occasionally while she gave them some pointers.

"Well, hurry up, then!", Rose shouted out to me.

I grinned and quickly made my way into the ship, before stopping just inside the door and looking around before looking back behind me.

'But it's-,' I thought, shocked, but was immediately pulled out of my thoughts by Savannah asking me, smiling brightly, "Yes, she is. She's beautiful, is she?"  I just nodded, not knowing what to say as I looked around in awe.

"Okay. And right and turn," the Doctor spun Rose around, but got her arm all twisted. "Okay, okay. Try and spin me again, but this time don't get my arm up my back!", Rose said, as the Doctor looked sheepishly at her, then glanced at Savannah. "No extra points for a half-nelson."

"I'm sure I used to know this stuff," the Doctor said, sounding annoyed with himself.

"Close the door, please, Jack," Savannah asked me from her seat.

"Your ship's about to blow up, there's gonna be a draft," the Doctor added, making his way to the console on the other side of Rose, Savannah soon joining him.

I quickly walked back to the door and shut it. The Doctor flicked a switch and the engines started up.
"Welcome to the TARDIS, Jack," Savannah said, smiling, taking the Doctor's hand in hers.

"Much bigger on the inside...", I murmured.

"You'd better be," the Doctor said, looking at me, causing Savannah to chuckle and shake her head, smiling affectionately at him.

"You can dance with me if you like. We can let Savannah teach the Doctor to dance. She's more likely to get him to dance than me," Rose said with a knowing smile as we looked over at them.

We watched as the Doctor quietly said something to her, their hands around each other. Savannah then leant in and whispered something to him, his eyes widening. Savannah must of finished talking because the Doctor then said loud enough so that we could hear. "Oh, would you look at that? I've just remembered!"

"Remembered what, Doctor?", Rose asked him, glancing at Savannah knowingly, who was smirking.

"I can dance! I can dance!", he said happily.

The music then changed to a more upbeat song. The Doctor took Savannah's hand and we watched as they danced around the console.

"Told you," Rose said quietly to me, smiling, as she watched her sister dance with the Doctor.

At the end of the song, the Doctor dipped Savannah, causing her to laugh in delight.

'Rose was right....Those 2 are so sweet together,' I thought, chuckling, as Rose and I watched.

After a few minutes, Rose and I joined in on the dancing as another song came on.

~

Long chapter: 8,688 words.

End of this episode. I hope you enjoyed this chapter! Captain Jack is finally on board the TARDIS!

Please continue to read, vote, leave comments and follow me.

Thanks for reading!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.8K 2.2K 25
Along with the death of Captain Jack Harkness on the Game Station, the Ninth Apocalypse has fallen, and the Tenth Apocalypse has taken her place. Ros...
17.9K 383 20
The doctor had a little girl but didn't want to risk her life by looking after her in the TARDIS. He went to earth 2004 and placed her carefully in a...
89.2K 2.7K 19
She never took her A levels. She had to drop out of school to support her boyfriend. She was just an ordinary shop girl in 2005. She was nothing spec...
9.8K 271 23
"As suddenly as it came, the shuddering stopped. 'Ready?' The Doctor asked her, leading her towards the doors. 'I think so.' She replied and, taking...