Phoenix Risen-Dawn of Change

By frozen6echo

School has just started, I've already met an angel of shimmering gold eyes, and a demon with killer hair and... More

Nerd (phenix risen)
Chapter 1 (Nerd...)
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 20

23 1 1
By frozen6echo

Okay guys we've made it to chapter 20!!

Thanks for sticking with me this long. I'm sorry for the long waits. I got back from California awhile back and then i had to backup my computer cus I have to send it in to get fixed. So I havent had time to type a new chapter even though i've been on the computer like constantly. Anyway enough of my excuses. On to the story.

FYI.We left off with Serenity leaving with mr tall dark and handsome.lol

╔╚▲╔╚▼╔╚▲╔╚▼╔╚▲╔╚▼╔╚▲╔╚▼╔╚

Bastian leads me to his car and I have to just about drool. He drives a black Hennessey Venom GT that is as close to perfection as a car can get.                                                                              Windows tinted ebony; the vehicle gleams in a dark mysterious beauty.

On the other side of the car Bastian has his door open and I can see a hint of amusement as he sees me take in the view. His head disapears into the vehicle, a brief chuckle breezing out of his mouth before the door shuts quietly behind him. Taking one last look I move the last step to tentatively reach for the handle. This car could eaisily cost more than ten years of my salary.

The interior is a cacoon of shiny black leather with muted lighting glinted off  a shimmering chrome and onyx dash. The comfort I feel as I sit is strange considering the person I am seated next to.

The leather seat lets off a subtle heat from the sunlight filtering through the windshield. All this combined with a slight masculine scent of ....I guess Bastian, all together giving my senses a caress of awareness to my surroundings.

After absorbing all this I glance over at Bastian who seems to have been watching my reactions the whole time; causing me to blush at his searching facial expression. I give him a shy smile which breaks the force of his gaze;  though the look of speculation never entirely leaves his countenance.

His hands project calm control as he guides the key to the ignition and levers the key bringing the car to a purring rumble.

The feeling as the car lets loose its low thunder is close to that of nearing a quaking subwoofer symphony at a dubstep concert. I could feel it through my feet and my whole body, evidence of the barely contained power of the machine Bastian commanded with little effort. 

After a moment of relative silence I rotate in my seat to see Bastian more clearly, to check if he would tell our destination. Raising my voice above the quiet hum of the engine I ask  "So do we know where we are headed?" 

His face lightens showing his humor as he says "I wondered when you'd get around to asking." at this he chuckles, making his eyes sparkle with michief. "I could have driven in circles and you'd never have noticed considering your intense inspection of my car. Is it really that enthralling to you?"  

At this I have to grin ruefully at myself as I realize I had been doing just that, like a toddler in a candy store for the first time I couldn't help not admiring the unknown novelty of it. In answer to Bastian I just nod my head as I make full contact with his eyes.   He holds my gaze not even pretending to try and watch the road, when I throw a cautious look to the road the car is perfectly steady, centered on the lines passing by. Glancing back to him I raise my eyebrow and settle back into my seat.

Not missing my look he smiles and turns his head back to the front and addresses me in an offhand manner. "So, what types of food do you like?"

"I'm not all that picky. I like most of your normal food genres.     Chinese, Italian,...American.--- Ummm...
Oh! One I'm not fond of is Greek. Mostly because it has too many spices for me I guess.The only thing that I like so far that was greek was Baklava. "

"What about you?"

Damian looks like he's in thought then says "I don't like cauliflower, sauerkraut, potato salad or any of that type of stuff.        But I have a weakness for sweets." he pauses then adds "Baklava is pretty good isnt it?"

By the end of his sentence his face had transformed, It was like he wasn't holding back anymore and the open smile he gave me about bowled me over.  Catching myself before I get distracted, I return his smile and agree.

I tell Bastian he should pick the place.

For one I'm not even sure where we are anymore, I haven't really been paying attention to the flora and buildings outside the car til now.

Separate of school Bastian seemed to be an almost entirely different person. I have to keep reminding myself to be wary.

After all, this is the same boy that almost got in a fight with Corey in the store.

The sound of gravel breaks through my musings as we pull into a parkinglot. Glancing around I see a cute wooden slat and thatch covered building, though from this side I don't see a sign to indicate the name of the restaurant.

Cutting the ignition Bastian tilts his head to the side indicating that we should get out .

Releasing the catch on my seatbelt I open the door an lean out coming to my feet smoothly, remembering to close the door softly to not damage the car.

The scent of ocean wafts my way. Surprised I look to Bastian, totally  confused. The nearest coast is normally like two or three hours away.  I'd never once looked at the speedometer as he was driving. He must have been scootin at a pretty fast clip to have made it this far.

Trying not to let my facial expression show how impressed I am, I follow him up to the front door. He grasps the handle and waves me in ahead of him,  a bell inside the door rings. 

The interior has a comfortable seaside cafe look.  Glancing up at Bastian my earlier warning to myself is further confirmed by the presence of his stern mask once again across his face. It's amazing how drastic the change made and how unaproachable he now seemed.

Following his eyes I see a guy across the restraunt, leading me to the conclusion that he was the reason for the rapid change in Bastian.
Thankfully his angry posture isn't directed at me.
I quietly follow behind Bastian who leads us to a booth across the building near a window. The sunlight slants across the table warming my face when I slide into the seat.

Drawing a menu over closer to me I open it to scan over the options.

The feeling of material brushing my arm brings my head up to see that instead of sitting across from me as I would have imagined, Bastian chose to sit beside me. Drawing one of my legs up under me I go back to perousing the menu. I decide to try the fish and chips, considering it seems we are near the ocean... it just seems appropriate.
Done with my decision I put the menu back down then glance around at the old time decor throughout the room. The walls have fishing nets and other trinkets hanging, making a connection with the oceanside history for the patrons.

A middle age woman comes to the head of the table, sporting a pen and pad of paper as she asks what we'd like to drink.

Going simple I ask for a water. Bastian on the other hand asks for a strawberry shake. After what he said earlier about sweets my face breaks into an amused slant without thinking.  This draws his attention and his face transforms back into that of the man in the car only moments ago. A moment of fragile tenderness and shared memory passes betwixt us.

He's so hard to pin down. One moment I think I understand him and then...he switches on me. Its like his mood changes at the flip of a switch.

Deciding to just take his moods as they come, I choose to enjoy whats in front of me.

We chat amicably till the drinks come and we can place our orders, then yet another surprise is thrown at me.

Bastian scoots his shake over to me, a silent offer to try.  Looking  at him I let my eyes ask if he's sure this is what he wants. He nods towards the glass smiling at my hesitance. Slightly self-conscious I bring the straw to my mouth letting my hair slide over my shoulder to shield me from his direct gaze. Taking a sip I revel in the sweet taste of fresh strawberries. Before I pull back to offer him the drink, his fingers slip through the curtain of my hair and part the strands in order to see my face. Seeming hopeful he motions for me to take another drink.

Keeping my eyes on him I take another draw through the straw; feeling, as well as seeing his eyes drop to my lips.

Drawing back I offer him my thanks. I almost have to laugh as he seems averse to drinking and erasing the print of my lips on his straw. Throughout the meal Bastian stays the genial kind spoken man. I actually enjoy myself and forget about my problems which led to Bastian taking me here.

Time would eventually bring those depressing thoughts back to me in their own chosen way and time. I was content to leave them wherever they were for the moment.

After eating Bastian led us outside and almost seemed to float on air as he asked if I'd like to see the beach. His mood was lightened considerably.

Wanting to humor his mood of youthful delight, and quench my own want for the ocean, I readily agree.

Reaching out he offers his hand to me and almost cradles it as I place it in his own larger hand. Sidling closer to me we skirt the brush on the side of the restraunt and he guides me into a clearing of sand covered beachside. The vision of smoothly lapping waves is a welcome sight which ignites an instant feeling of happiness. 

Squeezing his hand in appreciation I lean down to release my shoes and sigh in satisfaction as my feet sink into smooth sand.

"Nice isn't it?"

"Oh yeah..thanks Bastian. I appreciate you taking me here."

As I say this his head is down with tendrils of hair covering his face, pants rolled up, with feet in the water, feeling through the sand, obviously happy.

His head comes up showing his exuberant face, and he shrugs it off and states in a buoyant tone " No problem"

We both spend some quiet time just wading through the flowing waves. Knowing we still had to drive home, I don't even try going deeper. After all, I definately wouldn't want to get his beautiful car wet, that would be like sacrilige.

The silence is calming, everything seems at peace. Even the birds are muted.
Though I dont want to,  I know soon we'll have to be going. Glancing up from the water I see Bastian sitting in the sand on the edge of the water. His hands brush across the surface of the water as it slides up the tide-line and coveres his feet.   Bastians eyes are closed and his face totally lax, he seems entirely at peace.

Walking noislessly over I sit beside him in the sand and rest my head on my knees as I look out at the beauty around me.

After a few moments Bastians fingertips gently touch my arm, bringing me out of my unfocused gaze. Quietly like he knows sound any louder would break the peace of the place, he asks "Ready to go?"

Tilting my head to the side on my knees I smile and nod, but belying the action my legs don't move.

After a couple seconds I breath a sigh of regret and stand to my feet, brushing the sand from my body as my head swivels to take in the last sight of the beachside. Visits to the ocean are few and far between even with the nearness of it to our area.

I trudge after Bastian to the parking lot and shake the remaining sand from my shoes and add a last brush down to make sure my clothes are relieved of any remaining granuals.

Across the hood of the car Bastian shakes his head as he beams of contentment, and looks amused at the precaution I showed to his vehicle. Smiling back at him I shrug my shoulders and step into the car.

About five minutes into the ride Bastian breaks the silence " The ocean seems to always be a calming place for me... I thought it could help you too."

His voice fades out toward the end like he's unsure.

"Thank you Bastian,  it did help me. You've  found a spectacular place for just that. I enjoyed myself." His face still looked a little ill at ease. Feeling the need to assure him I add "I'm serious, I wasn't just saying that for your benefit.    It was fun, and I couldn't of thought of a better place to go. Thank you."

He nods his head, showing he understood. The car lapses back into the quiet of the deserted road.

Bastian may be a man of few words, but his facial expressions and gestures share his feelings just as well, if not better than words could ever have done.    By the time the traffic picked up and we were closer to home it was nearing six so I went ahead and had Bastian just drive me home. School had gotten out a long time ago. 

When he pulled up to my drive and slowed to a stop, I just turned to him, layed my hand lightly on his shoulder and looked directly at him, projecting my feelings to him. We stared at each other for an immeasurable moment. Then I reached for the door and stepped out, watching his tail lights dissapear as he pulled away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry about the long wait. I just couldn't think of the right scenario for Bastian. Hope you guys liked it. Tell me what you think? Is he still the bad guy?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.4K 1K 49
"I hate him, with his stupid goggles and his charming smile, adorable laugh and...UGH. I hate him." y/n isn't your average girl, she's got skills, su...
3.4K 63 22
𝘞𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘢 𝘵𝘶𝘵𝘰𝘳𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘴𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘵𝘶𝘳𝘯𝘴 𝘪𝘯𝘵𝘰 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵. 𝘞𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘸𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘦𝘯 𝘸𝘩𝘦𝘯 𝘊𝘰𝘴𝘦...
386K 2.3K 4
"You really think I'm playing around?" He grounds at me through gritted teeth and he takes a step closer and I begin to move back. "I gave you a stri...